1. What is the literal meaning of resource ?
2. Mention two causes of over-exploitation of natural resources.
3. Give one example each of inexhaustible and exhaustible resources.
4. Define recycling. Give one example.
5. Name the three R's to save the environment.
6. What are the reasons for conservation of forest and wildlife ?
7. How can we conserve the forests ?
8. What are the reason of deforestation ?
9. Name the stakeholders of forests.
10. What are the goals of various stakeholders of forests ?
11. Give an example of people's participation in the management of forests.
12. Who was Amrita Devi ?
13. State any two advantages of constructing a dam on a river.
14. What is meant by water table ? Why is it important ?
15. Mention two ways of conservation of water.
16. What are the steps involved in the conservation of water ?
17. Name the various sources of water.
Practice problems :
1. What is conservation ?
2. What are norms ?
3. What is BOD ?
4. How the underground water availability is decreasing ?
5. Name the activists who took up the case of "Save Narmada Movement".
6. Where is the 'Tehri Dam' located.
7. Write few uses of coal.