The sending back of light rays which fall on the surface o an object is known as reflection of light.
- The objects having polished ,shinning surfaces reflect more light rays than unpolished and dull surfaces.
- Silver metal is the best reflector of light.
- The ordinary mirrors are polished by silver metal and then this layer is protected by coating of red color on the back side of the mirror.
- A bundle of light rays is known as beam of light.
Laws Of Reflection Of Light
- The incident ray,reflected ray and normal all lie on the same plane.
- The angle of reflection is equal to the angle of incidence.
In the regular reflection parallel beam of incident light is reflected as parallel beam of light in one direction.
- A plane mirror produces regular reflection.
In diffuse reflection parallel beam of light is reflected in different directions.