|1 Crore+ students have signed up on EduRev. Have you?|
Read the following passage and answer the questions given below:
One day Ann and Frank went to the lake with Rover. Rover can swim well, so Frank made him go into the water after a stick.
“Jump, Rover! Jump in and get the stick,” said Frank, and into the water Rover went with a big splash. Pretty soon he came out with the stick in his mouth.
Rover did not like the game as much as Frank because the water was a little cold.
They had a fine time for a while with Rover, and then set out for home because it was late in the day, and they could not stay long.
On the way home, Rover saw a rabbit and away he went after it as fast as he could go. Ann and Frank ran too but could not keep up with Rover and the rabbit. When they got home, Rover was there, and Frank said, “Where is the rabbit, Rover?” Rover gave Frank a funny look and went away. “Oh I know,” said Frank. “the rabbit ran so fast you could not catch it.”
A. Answer the questions:
1. Why couldn’t Rover catch the rabbit?
2. What did Rover chase in the water?
3. How do you think Rover felt about not catching the rabbit?
4. What might have happened if Ann and Frank stayed later?
B. Write three things about Rover
C. Write the words that mean the same from the passage:
A. Write the correct option in the blank
1. Have you been to Goa ________________. (recently/ closely/ quickly)
2. Sonia ________ unwell. ( is/ am/ are)
3. A chair is lying _______________ the window. (on/beside/ besides)
B. Write the Plural for the following
1. Leaf ___________
2. knife ___________
3. tooth ___________
4. story ___________
C. Make sentences using the following words
1. unable ____________________
2. pleasant __________________
D. Write 8 sentences about a place you would like to visit.