What is Sentence Reordering?
It is one of the important chapters of Class 10 English Grammar. By going through the name it is not difficult to understand the meaning of these words. It concentrates on the arrangement of a few jumbled sentences. The students are usually asked to arrange a bunch of sentences and the way you arrange it determines their performance in the final exam. This is usually known by various names like rearranging of words, rearranging sentences, jumbled words, word order exercises, making a sentence with the word, but the words in the correct order to make sentences, sentence order, sentence formation. A student has to be extra careful while rearranging sentences because it can be tricky. A student has to be a good observer to analyze a sentence. A well-constructed sentence adds meaning to a story and hence sentence rearrangement is an important element.
Types of Sentence Rearrangement Questions:
The questions which are asked in the board exam usually follow some patterns. There are basically 4 formats
Look at the words and phrases below. Rearrange them to form meaningful sentences:
1. the / of / plight / Tanzanians / would / like / know / the /you / about / to
2. is / the / receiver / lifted
3. think / why / preferred / the / you / to land / dinosaurs / water / do
4. can result / or fire / electrical faults / in shock
5. the / there / numberless / are / sky / stars / in
6. stories / loved / my grandfather / telling me
7. retailer / ice cream / to tell / the Swad / has a story
8. years trying / to perfect / Elias Howe spent / a sewing machine
9. is one / summer visitors / the / of the / swallow / best-known
10. friends / I / my / were / grandmother / and / good
11. only 26 / of relativity, which / Albert Einstein is / for his / when he was / best known / he first advanced / theory
12. of / animals / with / concerned / large / children’s books / proportion / are / a
13. why / you / don’t / bothering / instmead / of / me / play / go / and
14. important / it / is / to observe / rules / traffic
15. beach vacations / was / an attraction / coconut water / long ago / during
16. bird / in the / the / world / largest / at / cant’ / fly / all
17. person / physically / a / was / Kitty / handicapped
18. gets / tender coconuts / 10-15 truckloads / Delhi / of / daily
19. came / months / me / for eight / to teach / he
20. Sudha Chandran / a national icon / famous dancer, / a / is / for the desabled
1. Would you like to know about the plight of the Tanzanians?
2. The receiver is lifted.
3. Why do you think the dinosaurs preferred water to land ?
4. Electrical faults can result in shock or fire.
5. There are numberless stars in the sky.
6. My grandfather loved telling me stories.
7. The Swad ice cream retailer has a story to tell.
8. Elias Howe spent years trying to perfect a sewing machine.
9. The swallow is one of the best-known summer visitors.
10. My grandmother and I were good friends.
11. Albert Einstein is best known for his theory of relativity, which he first advanced when he was only 26.
12. A large proportion of children’s books are concerned with animals.
13. Why don’t you go and play instead of bothering me ?
14. It is important to observe traffic rules.
15. Long ago, coconut water was an attraction during beach vacations.
16. The largest bird in the world can’t fly at all.
17. Kitty was a physically handicapped person.
18. Delhi gets 10-15 truckloads of tender coconuts daily.
19. For eight months, he came to teach me.
20. Sudha Chandran, a famous dancer, is a national icon for the disabled.