| Important Battles |
1. First Battle of Tarain-1191: Prithviraj Chauhan defeated Muhammad Gori.
2 Second Battle of Tarain-1192: Prithviraj Chauhan defeated by Muhammad Gori.
3. Battle of Chandawar-1194: Jaichand, the ruler of Kanauj, was defeated by Ghoi.
4. First Battle of Panipat-1526: Babur defeated Ibrahim Lodi.
5. Battle of Khanwa-1527: Babur defeated Rana Sanga.
6. Battle of Ghaghar-1529: Babur defeated Afghans.
7. Battle of Chausa-1539: Shershah defeated Humayun.
8. Battle of Kanauj or Bilgram-1540: Shershah defeated Humayun, captured Delhi.
9. Second Battle of Panipat-1556: Akbar defeated Hemu.
10. Battle of Talikota or Bannihatti-1565: Vijayanagar defeated by combined forces of five Muslim states.
11. The Battle of Haldighati-1576: Akbar defeated Rana Pratap.
12. Battle of Asirgarh-1601: Last battle of Akbar.
13. andhar invested by the Persians-1606.
14. andhar relieved by the Mughals-1607
15. Mewar submits to Mughals-1615.
16. andhar again taken by Persia-1622.
17. andhar taken back by the Mughals-1638.
18. andhar again lost to Persia-1649 and never recovered again.
19. Battle of Dharmat and Samugarh-1658: Dara defeated by Aurangzeb.
20. Battle of Khajwab and Deorai-1659.
21. Battle of Jajah-1707.
|Movements, area affected & Leaders||Causes and Consequences|
|1||Chuar Rising (Midnapur, Bengal 1766-1772 & 1795-1816).||Bengal famine 1760, enhanced revenue demand and economy distress. British suppressed the revolt through use of force|
|2||Hos (Singhbhum 1820, 1822 & 1832).||Occupation of Singhbhum by British and exploitation of tribals. The Hos tribals were suppressed by the British.|
|3||Kol uprising (Chottanagpur 1831-32) Led by Buddha Bhagat.||The Kol resented transfer of land to outsiders-Muslims & Sikhs. Order was restored after large military operation.|
|4||Ahom Revolt (Assam 1828-33) led by Gomadhar Konwar.||Attempts to incorporate Ahom territory sparked off rebellion. British adopted a pacific policy and handed upper Assam to Purander Singh Narendra.|
|5||Khasi Uprising (Khasi Hills-Assam and Meghalaya 1829-32). Led by Tirat Singh and Bar Manik.||Ruler of Nunklow Tirat Singh resented the occupation of Jantia and Garo by the British. The movement was suppressed in 1833.|
|6||Bhils (Khandesh 1817-19, 1825, 1831, 1847).Led by Sewaram||Against the new masters the company. Agrarian hardship and apprehension. Finally suppressed by the British.|
|7||Kolis (Sahyadri Hills-Gujarat-Maharashtra 1824, 1829, 1839, 1844-48).||Against the imposition of British rule and dismentlement of the forts of the Koli tribals. The revolt was finally suppressed.|
|8||Koyas and Kond a Dara M uttada rs (Rampa Godavari region of Andhra Pradesh, 1840, 1845, 1858, 1861-62, 1879-80, 1886, 1916, 1922-24). |
In 1922-24 led by Alluri Sitara-maraju.
|The tribals revolted against police extraction, new excise banning home brewing of toddy, ban on shifting cultivation and exploitation by traders & money lenders. Finally suppressed by the|