Q1. On 30th June, 2011, the bank Column of Anil’s Cash Book showed a debit balance of 8,250. On examination of the Cash Book and bank statement you find that:
1. Out of total cheques amounting to 8,000 issued, cheques amounting to 5,800 have been presented for payment upto 30th June 2011.
2. Out of total cheques amounting to 6,000 sent to bank for collection, cheques of 4,100 were credited in Pass Book upto 30th June 2011.
3. On 28th June a customers deposited 3,500 direct in the bank account but it was entered only in the Pass Book.
4. Debit side of Anil’s Cash Book (Bank Column) has been overcast by 100.
5. No entry has been made in the Cash Book for the Rent of 800 paid by bankers according to Anil’s standing instructions.
6. The Pass Book shoed a credit of 320 for interest and debit of 40 for bank charges, but these have not entered in the Cash Book.
Prepare a Bank Reconciliation Statement as on 30th June, 2011.
Q2. Prepare a Bank Reconciliation Statement of Ruchika Ltd, as on 31st March, 2009 from the following information:
1. Credit Balance (Overdraft) as per Cash Book 25,00.
2. Cheques paid into bank for collection 60,000 but cheques of 24,000 could only be collected in March. 09.
3. A Cheque of 3,500 issued to a Creditor, was entered by mistake in the Cash Column.
4. A Cheque of 10,000 issued on 22nd March was not presented for payment whereas it was recoreded twice in the Cash Book.
5. A bill receivable for 8,000 previously discounted with the bank had been dishonoured and bank charges debited in the Pass Book amount to 125.
6. In the Cash Book, a bank charge of 150 was recorded twice while another bank charge of 40 was not recorded at all.
Q3. From the following particulars prepare a Bank Reconciliation Statement in the books of Sh. J.P. Kansal as on 30th June 2011 :-
I. Balance as per Pass Book on 30th June 2011 6,000.
II. Out of total cheques amounting to 37,500 drawn by Sh. Kansal, Cheques aggregating 5,000 were encashed in June 2011, Cheques aggregating 4,000 were encashed in July 2011 and the rest have not been presented at all.
III. Out of total Cheques amounting to 12,000 deposited, Cheques aggregating 7,500 were credited in June 2011, cheques aggregating 2,000 were credited in July, 2011 and the rest have not been collected at all.
IV. Bank has charged 27 as its commission for collecting outstation cheques and has allowed interest 330 on his bank balance.
VI. A cheque of 1,200 was entered in the Cash Book in June 2011, but was sent to the Bank in July 2011.
VII. A cheque of 13,300 paid into the bank was returned dishonoured but no intimation was received from the bank till June 2011.
Q4. On comparing the Cash Book with Pass Book of Naman it is found that on March 31, 2005, bank balance 40,960 showed by the Cash Book differs from the bank balance with regard to the following:
(a) Bank charges 100 on March, 31 2005, are not entered in the Cash Book.
(b) On March 21, 2005, a debtor paid 2,000 into the company’s bank in settlement of his account, but no entry was made in the Cash Book of the company in respect of this.
(c) Cheques totaling 12,980 were issued by the company and duly recorded in the Cash Book before March 31, 2005, but had not been presented at the bank for payment until after that date.
(d) A bill for 6,900 discounted with the bank is entered in the Cash Book without recording the discount charge of 800.
(e) 3,520 is entered in the Cash Book as paid on March 31st 2005, but not credited by the bank until the following day.
(f) No entry has been made in the Cash Book to record the dishonor on March 15, 2005 of a cheque for 650 received from Bhanu.
Prepare a Reconciliation Statement as on March 31, 2005.
Q5. Prepare a Bank Reconcoliation Statement on 31st January, 2014 form the following particulars:-
(a) A’s overdraft as per Pass Book 20,000 as at 31st Dec.
(b) On 30th December, cheques had been issued for 80,000, of which cheques worth 15,000 only had been enchashed up to 31st December.
(c) Cheques amounting to 6,500 had been paid into the bank for collection but of these only 2,500 had been credited in the Pass Book.
(d) The bank has charged 700 as interest on overdraft and the intimation of which has been received on 2nd January 2015.
(e) The Bank Pass Book shows credit for 2,000 representing 1,400 paid by debtors of A direct into the bank and 600 collected direct by bank in respect of interest on A’s investment. A had no knowledge of these items.
(f) A cheques for 3,600 has been debited in bank column of Cash Book by A, but it was not sent to bank at all.
Q6. On 30th June 2014 Pass Book showed a balance of 5,200. Prepare Book Reconciliation Statement from the following particulars:-
I. Out of total cheques amounting to 16,000 deposited, cheques amounting to 9,000 were credited in June 2014. Cheques amounting to 3,000 were credited in July 2014, and the rest have not been collected so far.
II. Out of total cheques amounting to 45,000 drawn, cheques amounting to 7,500 were presented in June 2014. Cheques amounting to 18,000 were presented in July 2014, and the rest have not been presented so far.
III. Amount wrongly credited by bank 3,400.
IV. Payment side of the Cash Book has been undercast by 200.
V. Cheques recorded in the Cash Book in June 2014 but sent to bank in July 2014 2,500.
VI. A cheque of 20,000 deposited in the bank has been dishonoured but no intimation was received till June 2014.
Q7. Prepare bank reconciliation statement of Dinesh on 30th June 2014 with following particulars:
(i) Pass Book showed an overdraft of 15,000 on 30th June 2014.
(ii) A cheque of 200 was deposited in bank but not recorded in Cash Book.
(iii) Cheques of 17,000 were issued but cheques worth only 10,000 were presented for payment up to 30th June 2014.
(iv) Cheques of 2,000 were received and recorded in Cash Book but not sent to bank.
(v) Cheques of 10,000 were sent to bank for collection; out of these cheques of 2,000 and of 1,000 were credited respectively on 8th July and 10th July and the remaining cheques were credited before 30th June 2014.
(vi) Bank paid 300 fee of Chamber of Commerce on behalf of Dinesh, which was not recorded in Cash Book.
(vii) Bank charged interest on overdraft 800 which was not recorded in Cash Book and bank expenses of 35 were not all recorded in Cash Book.
(viii) 40 for bank charges were recorded two times in Cash Book and bank expenses of 35 were not at all recorded in Cash Book.
(ix) Total of credit side of bank column of Cash Book was undercast by 1,000 by mistake.