1. Which one of the following multi purpose river valley project is constructed on River Mahanadi ?
C) Rana Pratap Sagar
2) What is the name given to the diversion channels of the westernHimalayas ?
A) Guls or Kuls
3. What is the name given to the agricultural fields, which were converted in to rainfed storage structures, in the semi-arid regions of Rajasthan?
4. What is Palar Pani as referred by the people of Rajasthan?
D) Rain Water
5. Which one of the following state has made roof rainwater harvesting compulsory for all the houses across the state ?
C) Tamil Nadu
6. Which one of the river valley project has been constructed on River Satluj?
C) Rana pratap Sagar
D) Bhakra Nangal
7. Which dam is built on River Krishna ?
C) Nagarjuna Sagar
8. Which one of the following is also called as the temples of modern India ?
9. Which one of the following place has earned the rare distinction of being rich in harvested rainwater?
B ) Phalodi
10. Which one of the following statement is true for a Multipurpose river valley project?
A) It can store the entire rain water received in a region
B) It fragment rivers, which makes it difficult for aquatic fauna to migrate
C) It will not affect the cropping pattern of a region
D) It will not affect the natural flow of a river
11. Narmada Bachavo Andolan was a
A) Social movement
B) Industrial workers movement
C) Movement for the construction of dam
D) Water movement
12. Against the construction of which one of the following multipurpose projects was the Narmada Bachao Andolan launched?
A) Sardar Sarovar
B) Bhakra Nangal
13. Dams, Lakes and irrigation systems were extensively built during the reign of
C Chandra Gupta maurya
14 Krishna-Godavari dispute is due to the objections raised by the governments of
A) Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh
B) Karnataka and Tamil Nadu
C) Maharashtra- Andhra Pradesh
D) Kerala -Karnataka
1 B) Hirakud
2 A) Guls or Kuls
3 A) Khadins
4 D) Rain Water
5 C) Tamil Nadu
6 D) Bhakra Nangal
7 C) Nagarjuna Sagar
8 C) Dams
9 A) Gendathur
10 B) It fragment rivers, which makes it difficult for aquatic fauna to migrate
11. .A) Social movement
12.(A) Sardar Sarovar
13 C Chandra Gupta maurya
14 A) Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh