1. The Asian Development Bank has launched which facility to offer financial support to procure COVID vaccine for member countries ______ APVAX.
➢ Asian Development Bank (ADB) has launched Asia Pacific Vaccine Access Facility (APVAX) to offer rapid and equitable financial support to procure vaccines for ADB’s developing member countries.
➢ Total cost for allocation of APVAX: $ 9 Billion
2. Which entity has launched e-agricultural spot market platform ‘BEAM ________ Bombay Stock Exchange.
➢ This will act as a national level, institutionalised, electronic, transparent commodity spot trading platform with vision to create a single market.
➢ BSE is Asia's oldest stock exchange and world's 10th largest stock exchange
3. Which Payments Bank has unveiled a new digital payment app DakPay ________ India Post Payments Bank.
➢ The App is launched as part of its ongoing efforts to provide Digital Financial inclusion at the last mile across India.
➢ Along with digital payment the DakPay will also work as suite of digital financial and assisted banking services provided by India Post and IPPB.
4. Which general insurance company has launched a first of its kind, Open Application Programming Interface (API) Gateway to enable full digital collaboration with its business partners ________ Edelweiss General Insurance.
➢ It is a first of its kind, to facilitate complete digital collaboration with its business partners.
➢ With this gateway, EGI’s authorised partners can integrate their systems with the company’s robust technology platform.
➢ It will help further reinforce EGI’s linkages with both customers and partners.
5. Which public sector bank has launched ‘FX 4 U’, a new technology(tech) product to enable internet banking users to handle forex transactions seamlessly __________ Canara Bank.
➢ The new product will enable internet banking users to handle forex transactions seamlessly.
➢ Currently, the outward remittance module is being activated, the remaining modules will be activated shortly.
➢ This facility enables all the eligible individual customers to undertake remittance facilities as per the Foreign Exchange Management Act(FEMA), 1999.
6. The Reserve Bank of India has announced to set up an Automated Banknote Processing Centre (ABPC) in which city of India _________ Jaipur.
➢ ABPC will automate the handling of banknotes for receipt, storage, retrieval, processing and destruction.
➢ It will also handle storage of fresh banknotes received from printing presses, processing of banknotes received from currency chests (CCs) and bank branches and destruction of soiled banknotes in an automated manner.
7. The Rating agency CRISIL has projected what per cent of contraction in India’s GDP in ongoing financial year 2020-21 __________ 7.7%.
➢ CRISIL in its September release, estimated India’s GDP to be around 9% forecast in September 2020.
➢ CRISIL expects the growth to bounce back to 10% for the fiscal 2021-22 (FY22).
8. In association with which bank the Ewire Softtech, under Kerala Startup Mission, has launched a prepaid card in association enabling the next-generation payment platform provider chart an all-India presence _________ Yes Bank.
➢ The co-branded digital banking mobile application will help the public and corporate houses with loans, insurance and CASA account through its channel partners.
➢ This can be done via its dedicated RuPay prepaid cards platform.
➢ The card will be offered through YES Bank’s branches across 28 States and 8 UTs.
9. In partnership with which Bank the National Centre for the Performing Arts has been offering scholarships to the young promising students who seek advanced training in the field of Hindustani music __________ Citi Bank.
➢ The CITI–NCPA Scholarship for Young Musicians 2021-22 will be offered for training in khayal and dhrupad under vocals and for tabla or pakhawaj in percussion.
➢ Applicants aged 18 to 35 years need to send in their application by January 15, 2021. Auditions will be held in February either online or at NCPA, depending on BMC norms at that time.
10. Which Bank has partnered with Visa as a payment processor to enhance salaried account holders’ payment experience __________ Yes Bank.
➢ This launch enables customers to avail VISA-branded YES bank debit cards along with Mastercard and RuPay branded debit cards.
➢ This upgradation is aligned with the vision of the bank to offer its customers a best payment experience in the world.
➢ It also is the step towards the cashless transformation in India.
11. The Financial Intelligence Unit has imposed Rs 96 lakh penalty on which payment solution company for alleged contravention of the anti-money laundering law and accused of “concealing” suspect financial transactions and abetting “disintegration” of India’s financial system __________ PayPal.
➢ The company has also been charged with “defeating and frustrating” the tenets of public interest and the provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA), which aims to keep the country’s financial system safe from economic crimes, terrorist financing and black money transactions.
12. In partnership with which fintech company the Yes Bank has launched ‘Yes Private Prime Credit Card’ for the Affluent and Ultra High-Net-Worth-Individuals of India __________ Mastercard.
➢ Yes Private Prime credit card is in line with YES Bank’s strategy to deliver premium and exclusive services to its valued customers.
➢ It offers unlimited access to the International & Domestic Airport Lounges for Primary and Add-on card holders and guests.
➢ Upon purchasing the card, a gift voucher of Rs 9, 000 will be given by Oberoi Hotels & Resorts. It is an annual feature and will also be available on card renewal.
13. Export-Import Bank of India has extended a Line of Credit of $448 million to the _________ Uzbekistan.
➢ This LOC is for financing various projects in the Roads & Transport, Water and Technology & Communication sectors in Uzbekistan.
➢ With the signing of this LOC Agreement, Exim Bank has now in place 266 Lines of Credit, covering 62 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, CIS and the Oceania, with credit commitments of around $26.59 billion, available for financing exports from India.
14. Which regulator has set up a specialised department to tackle cases of diversion of funds, bank loans and resources by company promoters _________SEBI.
➢ The new department will be known as the Corporation Finance Investigation Department (CFID).
➢ The new department will even check if resources like company land, guest houses or vehicles are misused by promoters.
15. Which fintech company has launched Ace Money Micro ATM service in Kochi _______ Aceware.
➢ Initially, the service will be available in Kochi city, and the company has already recruited delivery executives for rolling out the service.
➢ The company is planning to expand the service to all the municipalities in the State by January 2021.
16. The State Bank of India research report has projected what per cent of contraction in India’s GDP in FY 2020-21 _________ 7.4 percent.
➢ The report also believes that it would take seven quarters from the fourth quarter of FY21 for GDP to reach the prepandemic level in nominal terms.
➢ The revised GDP estimates are based on SBI ‘Nowcasting Model’ with 41 high frequency indicators associated with industry activity, service activity, and global economy.
17. Which general insurance company has partnered with IntrCity RailYatri, a multi-modal intercity mobility platform, to offer domestic travel insurance __________ SBI General Insurance.
➢ The insurance would be offered to bus travelers opting to commute through IntrCity RailYatri, it would be a complimentary travel cover worth Rs 5 lakh which will come along with the travel ticket.
➢ Under the travel insurance, SBI General Insurance would provide a wide variety of coverage including accidental death, permanent total disability, and medical evacuation.
18. With which intergovernmental bank the Indian government has signed a pact worth 400 million dollar to aid the poor and vulnerable reeling under the coronavirus crisis _________ World Bank.
➢ This is the second operation in a programmatic series of two as the first operation of Dollar 750 million was approved in May 2020.
➢ The $400 million credit has been extended by World Bank's concessionary lending arm International Development Association (IDA).
19. The Government of India and which bank have signed a loan agreement for lending $1,000 million to support the rural infrastructure in the country and the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee scheme _________ New Development Bank.
➢ The programme proposes creation of durable rural infrastructure assets relating to NRM and generation of employment opportunities for rural poor, especially migrant workers who have returned from urban areas and have lost their livelihoods due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
20. With which bank the Indian government has signed a $300 million loan to upgrade rural power distribution networks in Uttar Pradesh _________ Asian Development Bank.
➢ This is the first tranche of the loan for the Uttar Pradesh Power Distribution Network Rehabilitation Project.
➢ Overall, the $430 million multi-tranche financing facility (MFF) has been approved for the project constituting two tranches.
1. Renowned personality UA Khader passed away recently he was a famous writer of which language ________ Malayalam.
➢ He published more than 70 novels, short stories and travelogues that are considered among the finest works in Malayalam.
➢ Khader was known for a progressive and secular outlook to his life and his literature.
➢ His most acclaimed work of fiction, Thrikkottoor Peruma (Thrikkottoor Lore), won him the Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award in 1984
2. Renowned personality Manglesh Dabral passed away recently, he was a veteran poet of which language ________ Hindi.
➢ As a critic of government policies, he returned his Sahitya Akademi award in 2015 in protest against the growing climate of intolerance in the country.
➢ He worked as the Editor of Jansatta’s Sunday Magazine, Ravivari.
➢ Through his writings in the four-page literary magazine, Jansatta, he mentored a generation of Hindi writers.
3. Renowned personality Padma Vibhushan recipient, Roddam Narasimha, passed away recently, he was a veteran ___________ Aerospace Scientist.
➢ Prof Narasimha made a mark in the field of aerospace and as a fluid dynamicist. He taught Aerospace Engineering at the IISc from 1962 to 1999. He also served as the director of the National Aerospace Laboratories from 1984 to 1993.
➢ Considering his contribution, the Central government bestowed on him Padma Vibhushan, the second-highest civilian award of India, in 2013.
➢ Dr Kalam and Prof Narasimha had together authored a book – Developments in Fluid Mechanics and Space Technology.
4. Renowned sportspersons D Ethiraj passed away recently he was associated with which sports ________ Football.
➢ Ethiraj was a part of the Indian football team that finished on top of the podium at the 1962 Asian Games.
➢ The Indian team led by the legendary Chuni Goswami defeated South Korea 2-1 in the Games final to clinch the gold medal.
➢ He was a part of the national team during the ’50s and ’60s, which are widely regarded as the golden era of Indian football.
5. Renowned sportsperson Shripati Khanchnale passed away recently, he was associated with which sports _________ Wrestling.
➢ He was a recipient of the Shiv Chhatrapati award, which is given by the Maharashtra government.
6. Renowned personality Eric Freeman passed away recently, he was a veteran _______Cricketer.
➢ Freeman became Australia’s 244th men’s Test cricketer when he made his debut against India at the Gabba in 1968, removing both openers in the tourist’s first innings with his right-arm fast-mediums.
➢ Freeman received the Medal of the Order of Australia in 2002 for his services to sport.
1. International Tea Day is celebrated every year on _______ 15th December.
➢ International Tea Day focuses on promoting better trade practices and working conditions as well as ethical and sustainable production of tea.
➢ The day also aims towards raising awareness on the importance of tea in fighting poverty and hunger.
2. India celebrates Vijay Diwas every year on which date ________ 16th December.
➢ On the occasion, PM Narendra Modi paid tribute at National War Memorial by liting the 'Swarnim Vijay Mashal'.
➢ Defence Minister Rajnath Singh unveils the logo for 'Swarnim Vijay Varsh' to mark Vijay Diwas.
3. International Migrants Day is observed annually on which date ________ 18th December.
➢ The day also commemorates the assembly adopting the International Convention on the Protection of the Rights of All Migrant Workers and Members of Their Families in 1990.
➢ As per the International Organisation for Migration (IOM), the theme for International Migrants Day 2020 is “Reimagining Human Mobility”.
4. In India, Minorities Rights Day is observed every year on which date ________ 18th December.
➢ On 18 December 1992, the United Nations adopted the Statement on the individual's Rights belonging to religious or Linguistic National or Ethnic Minorities.
➢ The Ministry was established on 29 January 2006. It was carved out of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
➢ The Union Government established the National Commission for Minorities (NCM) under the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992.
5. International Human Solidarity Day is observed globally every year on _________ 20th December.
➢ The is commemorated to celebrate unity in diversity and raise awareness about the importance of solidarity.
➢ According to the United Nations Millennium Declaration, solidarity is among the fundamental values that are essential to international relations.
1. Who has been reappointed as the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Kotak Mahindra Bank (KMB) for a period of 3 years ________ Uday Kotak.
➢ RBI also granted approval for reappointing Prakash Apte as Part –time Chairman and Dipak Gupta as joint MD for 3 years period with effect from January 1, 2021.
➢ The board and the shareholders of the bank had approved these reappointments, subject to RBI’s approval at their respective meetings.
2. Name the Indian-American astronauts who has been selected as the Commander of the SpaceX Crew-3 mission to the International Space Station (ISS) by NASA and the European Space Agency ________Raja Chari.
➢ The Indian-American will command the mission, while Tom Marshburn will serve as pilot and Matthias Maurer as a mission specialist.
➢ Earlier this year in January, Chari became one of the 11 astronauts to join NASA’s ranks.
3. Who has been elected as the Vice President of Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) ______ Shekhar Vempati.
➢ It is one of the largest broadcasting associations in the world.
➢ The Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union was formed in 1964 as a professional association of broadcasting organisations with over 286 members in 57 countries and regions, reaching the potential population of about three billion people.
➢ Vempati is an alumnus of IIT Bombay and worked in Infosys for more than a decade as Product Strategist.
4. Who has been appointed as the United Nations Resident Coordinator in China by the UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres ___________ Siddharth Chatterjee.
➢ Resident Coordinators are the UN Secretary-General's representatives for development at the country level.
➢ They lead UN teams supporting countries to recover better from the COVID-19 pandemic through the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
1. Which organization releases white paper titled ‘Vision 2035 - Public Health Surveillance in India’ __________ NITI Aayog.
➢ It lays out India’s vision for public health surveillance through the integration of 3-tiered public health system into Ayushman Bharat, along with the need for expanded referral networks and enhanced laboratory capacity.
2. Which institution has signed an agreement with cGanga, a think-tank of the National Mission for Clean Ganga, for development of sludge management framework in India _________ Norwegian Institute of Bioeconomy Research (NIBIO).
➢ This was announced during the 5th India Water Impact Summit 2020.
➢ The event is co-organised by National Mission for Clean Ganga and Centre for Ganga River Basin Management and Studies.
3. To commemorates the 125th birth anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose in 2022, the Union Culture Ministry was planning to set up a museum in ___________ Kolkata.
➢ A museum on Bose was “proposed to be set up in Kolkata as a part of commemorations and that the current museum at Red Fort, New Delhi is also proposed to be expanded
➢ The GoI is also planning to reprint some of the books written by Netaji.
➢ The Netaji museum in New Delhi is also to be expanded
4. What is India’s rank in the recently released United Nations’ Human Development Index 2020 ________ 131st.
➢ For the first time, the United Nations Development Programme introduced a new metric to reflect the impact caused by each country’s per-capita carbon emissions and its material footprint, which measures the amount of fossil fuels, metals and other resources used to make the goods and services it consumes.
➢ Norway, which tops the HDI, falls 15 places if this metric is used, leaving Ireland at the top of the table.
5. A dedicated control centre for Space Situational Awareness (SSA) activities in the country has been set up in which city________ Bengaluru.
➢ ISRO SSA Control Centre, 'NETRA', is set up within the ISTRAC campus at Peenya.
➢ The control centre is envisaged to function as a hub of all SSA activities within India.
6. Which Indian city ranked first in the Urban Quality of Life (UQoL) Index 2020 released by the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT-B) _________ Mumbai.
➢ In accordance to this, Mumbai (Maharashtra) tops the index followed by Delhi, Kolkata (West Bengal) and Chennai (Tamil Nadu) by providing Highest Quality of Life while Bihar’s capital city Patna provides poorest quality of life to its people.
➢ Notably, this is for the first time the index has considered the factor of gender parity under which Chennai is named as the most women-friendly city while Patna stood last.
7. Which becomes the India’s first Zoological Park to acquire ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Standards Certification ________ Nehru Zoological Park, Hyderabad.
➢ HYM International Certifications Pvt Ltd, accredited by the ASCB, recently reviewed the ISO 9001: 2015 certification.
➢ The basis of assessment was sanitisation, food processing, animal breeding, medicare, animal care, hygiene maintenance and establishment.
➢ Notably, the number of tigers and Indian Gaur were also increased at the Nehru Zoological Park.
8. Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations (FADA) & Automotive Skills Development Council (ASDC) announced partnership with which company to reduce the digital skill gap in India’s auto dealership sector _______ Google.
➢ The main focus of the partnership is to empower Indian dealerships through adoption of digital tools and platforms to engage with customers in post-COVID era.
➢ Training will be provided under the topics of Digital Marketing, Hyper Local Marketing & Full Funnel Strategy.
➢ This is Google India’s first-of-its-kind initiative to help the dealer fraternity and support them in this necessary transition.
9. The networking and communication company Ericsson released a report “The Ericsson Mobility Report 2020” which estimated India’s 5G connection to surpass 350 million by _______ 2026.
➢ The report also notified India’s first 5G connection to be rolled out by 2021.
➢ More than 15% of the world’s population (1 billion people) will live in areas under 5G coverage.
➢ 60% of the global population (3.5 billion) will use 5G connections with 5G subscriptions by 2026
10. According to the 2020 Global Status Report for Buildings and Construction released by Global Alliance for Buildings and Construction, the Building & Construction sector accounted for what per cent of CO2 emissions _________38%.
➢ This is the 5th Edition of the Annual Report.
➢ GlobalABC was launched at COP21 (2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference) and is hosted by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).
11. What is India’s rank in the ‘Human Freedom Index 2020: A Global Measurement of Personal, Civil, and Economic Freedom’ ________111th .
➢ It is the sixth Annual Report released by Cato Institute of United States & Fraser Institute in Canada.
➢ New Zealand topped the index followed by Switzerland.
➢ India was ranked 110th in terms of personal freedom and 105 on economic freedom.
➢ The index put China at 129th, Bangladesh at 139th and Pakistan at 140th rank.
12. What is India’s rank in the corrected ‘Doing Business’ 2020 report _________ 63rd.
➢ The World Bank has come out with a corrected Doing Business ranking following review of data irregularities.
➢ The WB has lowers China's ranking by 7 notches.
➢ The WB also corrected the rankings of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Azerbaijan.
➢ The ranking of Azerbaijan has been improved to 28 from 34.