1. World’s leading mobility platform, Ola has signed an MoU with which state government for setting up the world’s largest scooter manufacturing plant __________ Tamil Nadu.
➢ Initially, it will have an annual manufacturing capacity of 2 million units
➢ It will make India a manufacturing hub for two-wheeler electric vehicles
➢ It will also reduce dependence of India on import of electric vehicles, boosting manufacturing, employment.
2. What is India’s rank in global spam calls in the 4th Edition of Global Insights Report for 2020 released by Truecaller __________ 9th.
➢ The fourth edition of the report points out that the Covid-19 pandemic affected “communications behaviour and spam patterns around the world”.
➢ As per the report, Brazil is the most affected country in the world by spam calls, followed by the US and Hungary.
3. The Telangana government has partnered with which tech major to skill 30,000 students in emerging technologies ___________ IBM.
➢ IBM will work with Telangana Academy for Skill and Knowledge (TASK) to offer Open P-TECH, a free digital education platform focused on emerging technologies and professional development skil. ls
➢ A total of 30,000 students of engineering, degree and polytechnic courses would benefit from the initiative over a period of one year.
4. India's eighth hydrocarbon producing basin has been open by country’s largest largest oil and gas producer ONGC in which state ________ West Bengal.
➢ ONGC has discovered and put to production seven out of the eight hydrocarbon producing basins of India, covering 83 per cent of established oil and gas reserves.
➢ ONGC is India's largest oil and gas producer contributing 72 per cent of the country's hydrocarbon production.
5. The Ministry of AYUSH has approved 200 AYUSH Health and Wellness Centres in which state under centrally sponsored scheme of National AYUSH Mission ________ Uttarakhand.
➢ In this regard, Arvind Lal Vandana Lal (ALVL) Foundation, New Delhi is providing support to the department of AYUSH, Uttarakhand, in operationalization of AYUSH HWCs in Almora district of Uttarakhand.
➢ The Central Government will provide necessary technical support.
➢ The ALVL Foundation will support in Population Enumeration, creation of Health Cards in the catchment population of the HWCs and help in training and capacity building of HWC team.
6. Which state government has launched ‘Free Crop Insurance’ scheme for farmers __________ Andhra Pradesh.
➢ AP Government credited ₹1,252 crores into the bank accounts of 9.48 lakh farmers in insurance claims for the agricultural season 2019.
➢ The previous government spent an average Rs 393 crore per annum for three years towards payment of insurance premium.
➢ The compensation for the crop losses during 2020 will be paid in April next.
7. Which state gets a new online fire safety approval system, the ‘Fire Safety COP’ and becomes the first state to do so ____________ Gujarat.
➢ The system, which will be implemented from January 26 next year, comes after recent incidents of fire in COVID-19 facilities in which several patients died, including in Rajkot on November 27.
8. Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of the world’s largest renewable energy park in which state _________Gujarat.
➢ This 30,000 megawatt capacity hybrid renewable energy park will be built along the Indo-Pak border at Khavda using both wind and solar energy.
➢ Spread over 72,600 hectares of waste land, the first of its kind energy project is expected to play a major role in fulfilling India’s vision of generating 450 gw (4,50,000 mw) of power by 2030.
9. Which state government has launched ‘Kisan Kalyan Mission’ to double the income of farmers _________ Uttar Pradesh.
➢ The program named as Kisan Kalyan Mission will cover all assembly constituencies of the state.
➢ Under the Kisan Kalyan mission various programs will be organised across the state.
10. Ustad Iqbal Ahmed Khan passed away following a cardiac arrest, was an exponent of which Music Gharana _______ Delhi Gharana.
➢ Ustad Iqbal Ahmed Khan was best known for his versatile renditions in various genres of Indian classical music, including ‘thumri’, dadra’, as well as bhajans’ and ghazals.
➢ Iqbal Ahmed Khan had several accolades to his credit, including the Priyadarshini Award (2001), and the Rajiv Rattan Sadbhavna Samman (2003).
1. Which of the following virtually co-hosted Climate Ambition Summit 2020 _________ UK, UN and France.
➢ Climate Ambition Summit marked 5 years of the adoption of the Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
➢ It is a major step to the next UN Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26), which will be hosted by UK in 2021.
2. ‘Swadhinata Sarak’ is to be opened in 2021 between India and which of the following nation __________ Bangladesh.
➢ It will be inaugurated by March 2021.
➢ It will remains functional on the Indian side while it will be connected through Mujibnagar, Meherpur district in Bangladesh.
3. India is planning to work with which country on strengthening the academic and research collaborations and also set up a joint task force which would work towards mutual recognition of academic qualifications _________ United Kingdom.
➢ Foreign Secretary of the United Kingdom, Dominic Raab hailed India's National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 as visionary and expressed the resolve of strengthening India-UK collaboration on deepening engagement in the field of education and research.
➢ Raab held a bilateral talk with India Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal "Nishank" during which he said that the proposed reforms of NEP 2020 will open up opportunities for students, economy and for deeper engagement and collaboration between the two countries.
4. Which International organization has released the 2nd edition of “State of the Education Report for India 2020: Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET)” _________ UNESCO.
➢ India’s often cited demographic dividend, the aspirations of its youth and the skill requirements of the growing economy – all hinge on a well-functioning TVET system for achieving an inclusive and equitable growth that will propel the country to the next phase of socio-economic development.
➢ The Report aims to support the Government of India which has already announced skills development as a key national priority under the Skill India Mission.
5. Which becomes the first Arabian country to establish Friendship Association with India _________ Oman.
➢ Oman’s Foreign Minister Sayyid Badr bin Hamad bin Hamood Al Busaidi held detailed dialogue with his Indian counterpart S Jaishankar on giving further momentum to strategic ties.
➢ The aim of the association to provide a platform that promotes friendship, understanding and matters of mutual interest between Oman and India business and social communities in the Sultanate.
6. Which country has been banned from using its name, flag and anthem at the next two Olympics or at any world championships for the next two years _______ Russia.
➢ The Court of Arbitration for Sport’s ruling also blocked Russia from bidding to host major sporting events for two years.
➢ Russian athletes and teams will still be allowed to compete at next year’s Tokyo Olympics and the 2022 Winter Games in Beijing, as well as world championships including the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, if they are not implicated in doping or covering up positive tests.
7. Which country has approved the chemical castration of rapist in its new Anti-Rape legislation ________ Pakistan.
➢ New laws approved by President Arif Alvi will see rape cases expedited through the courts and create the country's first national sex offenders register.
➢ Pakistan is a deeply conservative and patriarchal nation where victims of sexual abuse often are too afraid to speak out, or where criminal complaints are frequently not investigated seriously.
8. Which country’s tradition of communal dining at hawker centres has been recognised by UNESCO for its cultural significance _________Singapore.
➢ The UN cultural agency added the city-state’s “hawker culture” to its Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
➢ Singapore’s hawker centres were set up to house former street vendors, or “hawkers” in an effort to clean up the island in the 1970s
9. The second Bangladesh-India Cotton Fest 2020 was held in _________ Dhaka.
➢ Bangladesh Cotton Association (BCA) jointly organized the festival, in cooperation with Bangladesh Textile Mills Association (BTMA), Indian Cotton Association Ltd. (ICAL), India-Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IBCCI).
10. Which country successfully test-launched its heavy lift Angara A5 space rocket for the second time _______Russia.
➢ First test-launched in 2014, it is being developed to replace the Proton M as Russia’s heavy lift rocket, capable of carrying payloads bigger than 20 tonnes into orbit. A launch pad for the new rocket is due to open in 2021.
1. Who has been named as the FICCI 2020 Male Sportsperson of the Year _________ Bajrang Punia.
➢ He has won silver in 2018 World Wrestling Championships and bronze in 2019 World Wrestling Championships and 2013 World Wrestling Championships
➢ The award is an attempt by FICCI to acknowledge and recognise the contribution of sportspersons and various stakeholders who deliver excellent results throughout the year.
2. Who has been conferred with the 2020 Female Sportsperson of the Year by FICCI _________ Elavenil Valarivan.
➢ At the 10m air rifle Asian Air Gun Championships in Taoyuan, Taipei, she clinched her first individual gold medal in the senior category with a score of 250.5.
➢ She also won two junior World Cup gold and a silver at juniors’ 2018 World Championships.
3. Who has been conferred with the Social Entrepreneur of the Year Award – India 2020 _________ Ashraf Patel.
➢ She is the founder member and Board member of Pravah and ComMutiny – The Youth Collective (CYC).
➢ Social Entrepreneur of the Year Award – India 2020 is the 11th edition of the annual award, instituted by the Schwab Foundation and Jubilant Bhartia Foundation in 2010
4. Who will be the Chief Guest at the Republic Day Parade in 2021 _________ Boris Johnson.
➢ After Independence he will be the 2nd British leader to attend the RD Padre as guest of honour.
➢ John Major (1993) was first.
➢ This will be Boris Johnson's "first major bilateral visit" since he took charge last year.
5. Which steel makers has been awarded the prestigious Golden Peacock Environment Management Award for the year 2020 in the Steel Sector ________ Steel Authority of India Limited.
➢ The company has been the winner of this award for successive 2yrs.
➢ This award is one of the most coveted awards in the category.
➢ Considering various environmental issues leading to global warming and climate change, this encourages corporates to enhance their environmental performance.
6. Who has been honoured with 'Global Visionary of Sustainable Business and Peace' _________ Ratan Tata.
➢ He will be honoured by the Indo-Israel Chambers of Commerce for promoting innovation that supports sustainability and peace in the region, including with the Palestinians.
➢ He will be awarded during the launch of the Federation of Indo-Israel Chamber of Commerce's international chapter in Dubai.
7. India conducted 35th edition of Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT) with which country ________ Indonesia.
➢ As part of Government of India’s vision of SAGAR (Security And Growth for All in the Region), the Indian Navy has been proactively engaging with countries in the Indian Ocean Region.
➢ The CORPAT being conducted since 2002 to ensure the safety and security of shipping and international trade in the region.
8. Who has won the FIFA men's player of the year 2020 ________ Robert Lewandowski.
➢ The 32-year-old Lewandowski, the top scorer in Europe and winner of the Champions League with Bayern, came out ahead of the other two nominees, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo
9. Who has been named as FIFA Women's player of the year 2020 ________ Lucy Bronze.
➢ It is the first occasion for both Lewandowski and Bronze to win the award, with the Pole only the second player after Luka Modric in 2018
10. Who has been crowned the highest-paid celebrity of 2020 by Forbes _______ Kylie Jenner.
➢ The top-earning stars in the world earned a combined of $6.1 billion in 2020 with Kylie Jenner and Kanye West at the top of the list.
➢ In addition to Tyler Perry, Howard Stern, and Dwayne Johnson, A-lister athletes like Roger Federer, Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Neymar and LeBron James helped round out the top 10.
11. Name the Indian entrepreneur who has been is among the seven winners of the prestigious “Young Champions of the Earth” 2020 prize given by UNEP _________ Vidyut Mohan.
➢ Vidyut Mohan, an engineer, is the co-founder of “Takachar”, a social enterprise enabling farmers to prevent open burning of their waste farm residues and earn extra income by converting them into value-added chemicals like activated carbon on-site.
1. Who is the winner of Formula 1 season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2020 _________ Max Verstappen.
➢ He is the racer of Red Bull and is from Netherlands.
➢ Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes-Finland) bagged 2nd place, followed by Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain) at Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2020.
2. Who has won the ITF doubles title in Dubai along with Ekaterine Gorgodze ___________ Ankita Raina.
➢ Indian tennis player Ankita Raina won her third doubles title of pandemic-hit 2020 season, clinching the Al Habtoor challenge with Ekaterine Gorgodze
➢ She along with Ekaterine Gorgodze won 6-4 3-6 10-6 against Aliona Bolsova Zadoinov from Spain and Slovakian Kaja Juvan in the final of the USD 100,000 hard court event
3. Which state will host the FIH Men’s Hockey World Cup 2023 __________ Odisha.
➢ The 2023 tournament will be held at Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar and Biju Patnaik Hockey Stadium in Rourkela.
➢ FIH Men’s Hockey World Cup 2018 was also hosted by Odisha.
➢ FIH 2023 tournament will be 15th edition of the Men’s FIH Hockey World Cup.
4. Which country will host the Asia Cup Cricket Tournament in 2022 _________ Pakistan.
➢ In July 2020, Asia Cup’s Governing body, Asia Cricket Council (ACC) announced that the 2020 Edition of Asia Cup was cancelled due to Pandemic.
➢ The 2020 Edition was originally set to be hosted by Pakistan, as it was cancelled Pakistan were awarded to host the 2022 Edition as Compensation.
➢ Asia Cup is a men’s One Day International (ODI) & Twenty20 International Cricket Tournament.
5. The Sports Ministry has formally recognized which event as a competitive sport _________ Yogasana.
➢ Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju and Minister of AYUSH (Ayurveda Yoga and Naturopathy Unani Sidda Homoeopathy) Shripad Yesso Naik formally promoted yogasana as a competitive sport during an event here.
➢ The move was made to encourage yoga, spread awareness about its benefits and to help improve physical and mental wellbeing of the people.
6. Which country will host the qualifiers of the 2023 ODI ICC World Cup _______ Zimbabwe.
➢ India, the hosts of the rescheduled 2023 ODI World Cup, along with seven other top Super League teams will qualify directly for the tournament to be held in October-November.
➢ The bottom five teams from the Super League will compete in the 2023 World Cup qualifier, joining the best three teams from League 2.
7. Name the Indian boxing champion who has won the gold medal in Cologne World Cup 2020 among men _______ Amit Panghal.
➢ Veteran Satish Kumar (+91kg) had to settle for a silver after an injury forced him to withdraw from the finals.
➢ India finished the competition at the second spot overall after claiming three gold, two silver and four bronze medals.
8. Simranjeet Kaur is associated with which sports who has won a gold medal recently in an international event _________ Boxing.
➢ Indian women boxers Simranjeet Kaur (60kg) won a gold medals with contrasting final wins in the Cologne World Cup in Germany.
➢ Simranjeet defeated German Maya Klienhans 4-1 to finish on top.
➢ India finished the competition at the second spot overall after claiming three gold, two silver and four bronze medals.
9. The Sports Ministry has approved the inclusion of four indigenous games to be a part of the Khelo India Youth Games 2021, these are __________ Gatka, Kalaripayattu, Thang-Ta & Mallakhamba.
➢ Mallakhamba has been well-known across India and Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra have been the hotspots of this sport.
➢ Gatka originates from the state of Punjab and this traditional fighting style of the Nihang Sikh Warriors is used both as self-defense as well as a sport.
➢ Thang-Ta, a Manipur martial art has passed into oblivion in recent decades, but the sport will get national recognition again with the help of the Khelo India Youth Games 2021.
➢ Kuttu varisai means empty hand combat in Tamil and was first documented in Sangam literature, also called kai silambam means hand
10. Which country will host the 2030 Asian Games as per the announcement made by the Olympic Council of Asia _______ Qatar.
➢ An executive board meeting of the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) unanimously approved the proposal to name the runner-up in the two-horse race for the 2030 games as 2034 hosts.
➢ The decision means Qatar will play host to the multi-sport event eight years after it organises the 2022 football World Cup finals.
1. Which state government has unveiled a Braille version of the Indian Constitution ________Maharshtra.
➢ A valuable work of making available the Indian Constitution in Braille script for the visually impaired has been done.
➢ The Braille version of the Constitution has been prepared on behalf of Thane-based NGO Astitva Foundation.
2. Who has authored the book titled "Reporting India" released by the External Affairs Minister S Jai Shankar ________ Prem Prakash.
➢ External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar has released a book titled "Reporting India"My Seventy-Year Journey as a Journalist'.
➢ The book is pretty much history of India from a foreign policy perspective for half-a-century and the domestic aspects of his journalistic work are no less interesting.
3. Who has authored the book titled ‘Oh Mizoram’ which was released by the vice president M Venkaiah Naidu _______ P S Sreedharan Pillai.
➢ The book has been authored by Mizoram governor P S Sreedharan Pillai
➢ It is his 125th book
➢ OH, Mizoram’ is his first poetry collection in English.
➢ It was published by the Indus Scrolls Press.
1. Indian Coast Guard Interceptor Boat got commissioned at Hazira in Gujarat, is built indigenously by __________ Larson & Toubro.
➢ This Interceptor boat is built indigenously by M/s L&T Jetty, Hazira.
➢ It is capable of a high speed of 45 knots having capability to operate in shallow waters.
➢ Vessel is fitted with latest state-of-the-art navigation and communication equipment.
2. The Indian Space Research Organisation successfully launched the CMS-01 through PSLV-C50. CMS-01 is India’s which number communications satellite ________ 42nd.
➢ The 44-metre-high four-staged engine, PSLV-C50, is the 22nd flight of PSLV in 'XL' configuration (with six strap-on motors hugging the first stage). It will be the 52nd mission for India's Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV).
➢ The PSLV in normal configuration is a four-stage expandable rocket powered by solid and liquid fuels alternatively, with six booster motors strapped on to the first stage to give higher thrust during the initial flight moments.
3. Where was the Advanced Hypersonic Wind Tunnel (HWT) test facility inaugurated by the Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh __________ Hyderabad.
➢ The state-of-the-art HWT Test facility is pressure vacuum driven enclosed free jet facility having nozzle exit diameter of 1 meter and will simulate Mach No 5 to 12 (Mach represents the multiplication factor to the speed of sound).
➢ After USA and Russia, India is the third country to have such a large facility in terms of size and operating capability.
➢ It is an indigenous development and an outcome of synergistic partnership with Indian industries.
4. Who has handed over three systems indigenously developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation to chiefs of the three armed forces ________Rajnath Singh.
➢ The systems are Indian Maritime Situational Awareness System (IMSAS), ASTRA Mk-I Missile and Border Surveillance System (BOSS).
➢ All three systems--IMSAS, Astra Mk-1 and BOSS-- have been designed and developed DRDO only.
➢ Astra Mk-1 is the first indigenously developed beyond visual range (BVR) missile.
5. Indian Coast Guard (ICG) ship 'Sujeet' was commissioned at ________ Goa.
➢ It is the second in the series of five Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) built by Goa Shipyard Limited.
➢ This vessel has been made in line with Prime Minister Narendra Modi's vision of 'Make in India'.
➢ The indigenously built ship will be commissioned by Secretary of Defence Production Raj Kumar.