CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
Gujarat Tourism- ITDC sign MoU to develop light, sound show at major tourist places
- Gujarat Tourism Department and ITDC of Government of India has signed a Memorandum of Understanding, MoU for consultancy service to develop innovative and decorative light and sound show at major tourist places in the state
Bird ringing station to come up in Bihar; MoU inked in Gujarat
- Principal Secretary, Environment and Forests, Dipak Kumar Singh, stated a Memorandum of Understanding was exchanged by representatives of the Bihar government and the Bombay Natural History Society (BNHS) at
IOC to invest Rs 500 crore for Karnataka unit
- Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Karnataka government under which the firm will invest `500 crore to set up petroleum products receiving, storage and distribution terminal at Chitradurga in Karnataka.
- It will be set up in an area of 120 acres in the district.The MoU was signed during ‘Invest Karnataka’, conference at Hubballi.
EESL inks pact with BSNL for 1,000 EV charging stations across country
- State-owned Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL) has signed an initial pact with BSNL for installing charging stations for electric vehicles.
- As per the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), EESL will set up public EV charging stations at 1,000 BSNL sites in a phased manner across the country.
- Founded- 2000.
- Headquarters- New Delhi, India.
- Chairman & MD -Pravin Kumar Purwar.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Sanjiv Singh
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ACQUISITIONS AND MERGERS
NCLAT gives approval to JSW Steel to acquire Bhushan Power
- The National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) approved the resolution plan put in place by JSW Steel to take over the debt-laden Bhushan Power & Steel (BPSL).
- The National Company Law Tribunal is a quasi-judicial body in India that adjudicates issues relating to Indian companies.
- Founder: Government of India
- Founded: 1 June 2016
- Headquarters: New Delhi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Vinay Dube appointed as GoAir CEO
- Wadia group-promoted GoAir has appointed Vinay Dube as the airline’s Chief Executive Officer.
- Dube would be responsible for the management of the airline and also for meeting the goals and long-term growth objectives of the company.
1988 batch IAS officer Rajiv Bansal becomes Air India’s new CMD
- The government appointed the 1988 batch IAS officer of Nagaland Cadre Rajiv Bansal as the Chairman and Managing Director of Air India.
- Mr Bansal is presently serving as the Additional Secretary in the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
Karnataka Deputy CM Laxman Savadi set to be elected unopposed
- Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister Laxman Savadi from BJP is set to win the lone vacant seat of legislative Council following the withdrawal of candidature by Independent candidate Anil Kumar who was supported by JD(S).
- Laxman Savadi who had lost the Assembly election was made Deputy Chief Minister and hence it is necessary for him to be elected to the House to retain his position.
Australia appoints Barry O’Farrell as the new high commissioner to India
- Australia has appointed former New South Wales premier Barry O’Farrell as the next high commissioner to
- O’Farrell will succeed Harinder Sidhu who has been in the office since 2016.
Afghanistan: Ashraf Ghani secures 2nd term as President
- In Afghanistan, independent Election Commission announced that Ashraf Ghani has won a second term as President of the country.
PM-led panel names President’s secretary Sanjay Kothari as next CVC, ex-IAS officer Bimal Julka to be CIC
- Sanjay Kothari, the Secretary to the President, has been selected as the new Central Vigilance Commissioner by a high-powered committee headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The committee has also chosen former Information and Broadcasting Secretary Bimal Julka, currently serving as an Information Commissioner, as the new Chief Information Commissioner in the Central Information Commission.
Supratim Bandyopadhyay named new PFRDA Chairman
- Supratim Bandyopadhyay was appointed as chairman of the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA), a body which regulates the National Pension Scheme subscribed by government and private employees from organised and unorganised sectors.
Mahant Nritya Gopal Das elected as President of Ram Mandir Trust
- The first meeting of the Ram Mandir Trust to oversee the construction of Ram temple in Ayodhya was held in New Delhi .
- Nripendra Misra, former principal secretary of Prime Minister Modi will be the head of the temple construction committee. Mahant Nritya Gopal Das was elected as the president of the Trust whereas Champat Rai would be the general secretary.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Renowned Feminist Scholar Gita Sen Wins Dan David Prize
- Feminist scholar and activist Gita Sen has won the prestigious Dan David Prize for her expansive work in the fields of population policies, reproductive and sexual health, women’s rights, poverty, labour markets and global governance.
Dr Sohini Sastri wins Best Astrologer of the Year at Indian Achievers Award ceremony
- Kolkata-born renowned astrologer Dr Sohini Sastri, has been graced with prestigious Indian Achievers Award, wherein she was adjudged the Best Astrologer of the Year.
Scientist from CDRI gets Tata Innovation Fellowship
- Dr Ritu Trivedi, Principal Scientist from Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI) has been conferred with prestigious Tata Innovation Fellowship for the year 2019-2020.The fellowship has been given to her in recognition of her contributions in translational research by innovative scientific knowledge and platform technologies.
Filmfare 2020: ‘Gully Boy’ Bags Top Awards
- The 65th Amazon Filmfare Awards 2020 was held at Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium in Guwahati, This was the first time that the prestigious award ceremony was held outside Mumbai.
- Best Film:Gully Boy
- Critics’ Award for Best Film:Article 15 and Sonchiriya
- Best Director:Zoya Akhtar, Gully Boy
- Best Actor In A Leading Role (Male):Ranveer Singh, Gully Boy
- Best actress in a leading role(female): alia bhatt
Sachin Tendulkar wins the Laureus Sporting Moment Award for ICC World Cup 2011 victory lap
- Sachin Tendulkar won the Laureus World Sports Award for Laureus Sporting Moment 2000-2020. Laureus World Sports Awards 2020 was held in Berlin, Germany.
- The former Indian cricket team captain became the first Indian sportsperson to win a Laureus World Sports Award with his win at the 20th-anniversary edition of the event dubbed as the ‘Oscars of Sport.’
Ratan Tata conferred honorary doctorate by UK university
- Tata Group Chairman Emeritus Ratan Tata has been awarded an honorary doctorate by the University of Manchester for his contribution to innovation and philanthropy.The UK university stated that the award was presented to the 82-year-old industrialist in Mumbai recently during the India tour of President and Vice-Chancellor Professor Dame Nancy Rothwell.
Biocon Chairman Kiran Mazumdar Shaw gets EY’s ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ award
- Biocon’s Chairman and Managing Director Kiran Mazumdar Shaw has been declared EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019.Shaw will now represent India at the EY World Entrepreneur of the Year Award (WEOY) to be held in Monte Carlo from June 4-6, 2020.
Indian freelance journalist Ahmer Khan wins AFP’s Kate Webb Prize for covering ‘challenging’ Kashmir
- Ahmer Khan, the 27-year-old Indian freelance reporter, was named the winner of the 2019 Agence France-Presse Kate Webb Prize for his coverage on the ground in Kashmir during the lockdown of the region. The award, named after one of AFP’s finest correspondents, recognizes journalism by locally hired reporters in Asia operating in risky or difficult conditions.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
Difficult Dialogues 2020
- The fifth edition of Difficult Dialogues will be held from February 14 to February 16 at the International Centre Goa, Dona Paula.
Delhi to host 3-day global conference on traditional medicines
- The 7th International Congress of the Society for Ethnopharmacology (SFEC 2020), to be inaugurated by Minister of State for AYUSH Shripad Yesso Naik, will be attended by more than 2,000 experts and representatives from the industry in New Delhi academicians gather to discuss the state of law.
All India Conference of Central Administrative Tribunal 2020 held in New Delhi
- The annual All India Conference of the Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) was held in New Delhi.The one day conference was attended by Judicial and Administrative Members from all 17 Benches of CAT from across the country, members of the CAT Bar Association and eminent Jurists, who deliberated on key issues related to the functioning of the Tribunal and priorities for 2020.
PM Modi inaugurates ‘Kashi Ek Roop Anek’ exhibition in Varanasi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched ‘Kashi Ek Roop Anek’– a cultural, arts and handicrafts exhibition, at Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Hastakala Sankul in
- ‘Kashi Ek Roop Anek’ showcased products from over 10,000 artisans from all over Uttar Pradesh.
2020 UN Climate Change Conference (UNFCCC COP 26)
- The 26th session of the Conference of the Parties (COP 26) to the UNFCCC is expected to take place from 9-19 November 2020, in Glasgow, UK.Indian-origin Alok Sharma from Agra,Uttar Pradesh(UP) has been appointed as the minister in charge of the UK’s COP26 climate change summit.
J&K Global Investors Summit-2020
- Chief Secretary, B V R Subrahmanyam chaired 2nd Apex Committee meeting to review preparations for the upcoming J&K Global Investors Summit-2020 to be held in the capital cities of Srinagar and Jammu.
- The summit will not only help to present business-friendly policies of the Government; identify business opportunities in J&K to participating trade and industry organizations but also harmonize J&K’s intrinsic strength and aspirations of development and employment opportunities.
Hyderabad all set to host 17th Edition of BioAsia 2020
- Telangana is all set to host the three-day Bio Asia 2020, Asia’s largest Biotechnology and Life Sciences Forum with the theme of ‘Today for Tomorrow’ in Hyderabad.
- Switzerland will be the partner Country this year as part of the annual tradition. An eminent 40-member team comprising industries, academia and start-ups from Switzerland will participate in the event.
3rd Global Ministerial Conference on Road Safety
- The 3rd Global Ministerial Conference on Road Safety “Achieving Global Goals 2030” will take place in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Hosted by the Government of Sweden and co-hosted by WHO, the Ministerial Conference will be an opportunity for delegates to share successes and lessons from implementation of the Global Plan for the Decade of Action for Road Safety 2011–2020
Secretary Agarwal reviews Fasal Bima in Udaipur
- Sanjay Agarwal, Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, inaugurated the 4th National Conference on Review of Implementation of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) began in Udaipur, Rajasthan.
S Jaishankar inaugurates Indian pavilion at Berlin International Film Festival
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar inaugurated the Indian pavilion at the Berlin International Film Festival for which three feature films and one documentary from the country have been selected.
- Information and Broadcasting ministry in collaboration with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is participating in the 70th edition of the festival
NE Sustainable Development Goals Conclave to be held in Assam
- North East Sustainable Development Goals Conclave 2020 will be held in Assam from February 24-26, 2020.
- Government think-tank Niti Aayog is organising the ”Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Conclave 2020: Partnerships, Cooperation and Development of North Eastern States”.
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
- PMFBY provides a comprehensive insurance cover to farmers against failure of the crop. Currently, the scheme has three active participants namely the state government, banking sector and the insurance sector.
- The scheme is being administered by the Ministry of Agriculture with an aim of supporting sustainable production in agriculture.
- Launched on 18th February 2016
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
DMart’s Radhakishan Damani is second richest man in India: Forbes
- Riding on the ongoing stock rally of Avenue Supermarts, founder Radhakishan Damani has become the second most richest in India, behind Reliance Industries’s Mukesh Ambani ($57.4 billion).
- According to Forbes’ Real-Time Billionaires Index, the total net worth of Damani is at $17.8 billion.
Global defence spending: the United States widens the gap
- In 2019, the United States remained by far the world’s largest defence spender, widening the gap between it and the second largest spender,
- The United States’ defence investments in weapons procurement and R&D were also worth around four times as much as European states’ combined.
India becomes world’s 5th largest economy, overtakes UK, France
- India emerged as the world’s fifth largest economy by overtaking the UK and France in 2019.
- India’s economy is the fifth largest in the world with a GDP of USD 2.94 trillion, overtaking the UK and France in 2019 to take the fifth spot.
Hindi is 3rd most spoken language in the world with 615 million speakers after English, Mandarin
- Hindi is the 3rd most spoken language of the world in 2019 with 615 million speakers. The 22nd edition of the world language database Ethnologue stated English at the top of the list with 1,132 million speakers. Chines Mandarin is at the second position with 1,117 million speakers.
IISc ranks 16th among top 100 universities of emerging economies
- The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) has ranked 16th among the top 100 universities of emerging economies.
- Indian universities had a good performance year within the emerging economies of the world as a record 11 made it to the top 100 Times Higher Education’s (THE) Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020. The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) emerged as India’s top-ranked institution followed by the Indian Institute of Technologies (IITs).
India jumps five ranks to 35th in Worldwide Education for the Future Index 2019
- India jumped five ranks in the Worldwide Educating for the Future Index (WEFFI) 2019, as per a report published by The Economist Intelligence Unit.
- India ranked 35th on the overall index in 2019 with a total score of 53, based on three categories – policy environment, teaching environment and overall socio-economic environment. The country ranked 40th with an overall score of 41.2 across categories in 2018.
CSIR tops scientific research institutional ranking
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has been ranked first in the Nature Ranking Index-2020. The rankings are based on total research output which the institutions have carried out from December 01, 2018 to 30th November, 2019. Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, has been ranked second.
India ranks 77th on sustainability, 131st in child flourishing index rankings
- India ranked 77th on a sustainability index that takes into account per capita carbon emissions and ability of children in a nation to live healthy lives and secures 131st spot on a flourishing ranking that measures the best chance at survival and well-being for children
- Norway leads the table for survival, health, education and nutrition rates – followed by South Korea and the Netherlands. Central African Republic, Chad and Somalia come at the bottom.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Anti-hijack mock drill conducted in Vishakapatnam
- A mock anti-hijack exercise was conducted by INS Dega at Visakhapatnam airport.
- The anti-hijack exercise was conducted with a mock situation created that involved the actions of various agencies including Marine Commandos (MARCOS), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Airport Authority of India (AAI) and the State Government agencies.
CDS Gen Bipin Rawat announces plan to create Peninsula Command
- Chief of Defence Staff, General Bipin Rawat stated there are plans to create a Peninsula Command with Navy’s Eastern and Western Command under it.
- General Rawat stated India is looking at setting up two to five theatre commands. Air Defence command will be rolled out by beginning of next year and peninsula command will be rolled out soon.
GRSE delivers the 4th Anti-Submarine Warfare Corvette, INS Kavaratti
- Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd., (GRSE), a leading Warship builder and Miniratna Category 1 Company under the administrative control of the Ministry of Defence delivered Yard 3020 INS Kavaratti, to the Indian Navy.
- The ship is the 104th Warship built and delivered by GRSE since its inception in 1960 and is the Last in the Series of 04 Anti-Submarine Warfare Corvettes (ASWC) under the Project 28.
India-Russia defence deals set to cross $16 bn; to include S-400 systems, Kalashnikov rifles
- Defence deals between India and Russia are set to cross $16 billion and Moscow is committed to the timely implementation of contracts, including the supply of S-400 air defence systems and production of Kalashnikov rifles and Kamov helicopters.
India to send its largest military aircraft to evacuate more Indians from Wuhan
- India will send a C-17 military transport aircraft to the Chinese city of Wuhan to evacuate more Indians and deliver a consignment of medical supplies to China’s coronavirus-hit people
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
NIT, Trichy develops a mobile app for Self Help Group products
- The National Institute of Technology (NIT), Trichy, Tamilnadu has developed Thirumathikart – a mobile app for SHG (Self Help Group) products.
- The application was developed in coordination with the Union Department of Science and Technology.The main objective of the app is to empower women and help them access market opportunities in a seamless manner.
ISRO to launch an unprecedented 10 earth imaging satellites
- The country will send up an unusually large number of 10 earth observation (EO) satellites during 2020-21, according to the latest annual report of the Indian Space Research Organisation for 2019-20.
- It includes new categories such as the first Geo Imaging Satellite, GISAT-1.
Pakistan Test Launches Ra’ad II Nuclear-Capable Air-Launched Cruise Missile
- Pakistan test-launched a new variant of its Ra’ad II nuclear-capable air-launched cruise missile (ALCM).
- The new longer-range Ra’ad II significantly enhances air delivered strategic standoff capability on land and at sea.
Solar Powered PHASA-35 Completes First Test Flight In Australia
- BAE Systems is celebrating the successful maiden flight of a solar powered High-Altitude Long Endurance (HALE) aircraft at the RAAF’s Woomera Test Range in South Australia.
- PHASA-35 is an unmanned 35-metre wingspan solar-electric aircraft that has progressed from design to flight in just 20 months.
SCSC launches new app to make women feel safe
- The She M Power Women Security Conclave organised by the Society for Cyberabad Security Council (SCSC) saw the launch of a new comprehensive mobile application called She Safe.
Personal reading scanner machine for visually impaired
- Nearly 4.7 million people in India are blind or visually impaired, this physical disability keeps them away from many things one of which is, reading.
- To make them self-dependant when it comes to reading Central Scientific Instruments Organisation, (CSIO) Chandigarh has developed a scanner-based reading device called ‘Divyanayan.
- Headquarters– Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Chairman– K Sivan
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHOR
Book compiles well-known aphorisms of Chanakya
- “Chanakya Niti: Verses on Life and Living” is translated from the original Sanskrit by long-time career diplomat A N D Haksar and published by Penguin Random House India.
- A new book takes a look at the Chanakya Niti corpus as a whole through some of well-known aphorisms attributed to the ancient master of statecraft Kautilya.
Union Minister Shri Prakash Javadekar unveils India/Bharat 2020
- Union Minister Prakash Javadekar unveiled Annual Reference India/Bharat 2020. The book is a complete reference manual for all people including those appearing for competitive examinations. The book has become a tradition and is becoming popular by the day.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Indian athletes clinch 3 medals in World SnowShoe Championship
- Indian athletes finished with three medals in different categories in the World SnowShoe Championship at Myoko, Japan .
- Ayan Bin Shahnaz bagged silver, while Zain Ali and Muzamil Hussain Mir, all are from Kashmir, bagged bronze medals in their respective categories.
Vidit Gujrathi continues to lead standings in Masters category of Prague Chess Festival
- Indian Grandmaster Vidit Gujrathi continued to lead the standings in the Masters category of the Prague Chess Festival, after sharing a point with Swedish GM Nils Grandelius in the fourth round.
Manchester City banned from European competition for two seasons by UEFA
- The Premier League stated in March that it had opened its own investigation into Manchester City and Financial Fair Play after UEFA began its probe.
- English champions Manchester City have been banned from European competition for the next two seasons and fined 30 million euros ($32.53 million) by European soccer’s governing body UEFA after an investigation into alleged breaches of Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules.
Asian Wrestling Championship begins in New Delhi
- Asian Wrestling Championship will begin in New Delhi. It will be held at the KD Jadhav Hall of Indira Gandhi Stadium till 23rd of this month.
- The event will have a total of 30 weight classes, 10 each in Freestyle Men, Women, and Greco Roman.
NADA bans javelin thrower Amit Dahiya for four years
- National Anti Doping Agency (NADA) has banned javelin thrower Amit Dahiya for four years for evading sample collection and trying to cheat officials during the 2nd National Javelin Throw Open Championship 2019 held at SAI Centre in Sonipat.
FIFA U-17 Women’s Football World Cup to be hosted in 5 cities in November
- Union Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju launched an event in New Delhi to unveil the five host cities for the FIFA Under-17 Women’s Football World Cup which kicks off on2nd of November this year.
- The matches of the world cup will be held in five cities including Ahmedabad, Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Kolkata and Navi Mumbai. The finals of the tournament will be played on 21st of November at Navi Mumbai.
Sunil Kumar wins gold in 87-kg Greco Roman category in Asian Wrestling Championships
- Greco Roman wrestler Sunil Kumar opened India’s medal account in the Asian Wrestling Championships at New Delhi by winning a Gold. The seasoned grappler beat Azat Salidinov from Kyrgyzstan in the final of the 87 kg category.
AIFF receives ‘Grassroots Charter Bronze Level’ membership of AFC
- The All India Football Federation (AIFF) has received the “Grassroots Charter Bronze Level” membership of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC). The Asian sports governing body has confirmed this in a letter to the AIFF General Secretary Kushal Das.
India claims five silver, six bronze medals at 2020 Asian Youth and Junior Weightlifting Championships
- India claimed five silver and six bronze medals at the ongoing 2020 Asian Youth and Junior Weightlifting Championships in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
- In 45 kilogram category, K V L Pavani Kumari won silver medals in both youth girls and junior women section, while Sidhanta Gogoi claimed silver in youth boys and junior men events in 61-kilogram category after lifting a total of 145 and 269 kilograms.
India to host AFC Women’s Asian Cup in 2022
- India will host the 2022 AFC Women’s Asian Cup. The Women’s Committee of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) announced this in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Asian Wrestling C’ships: Indian wrestlers win three bronze medals in Greco-Roman events
- Ashu, Aditya Kundu and Hardeep have won a bronze medal each in their respective weight categories as Indian wrestlers bagged five medals in Greco-Roman events of the Asian Wrestling Championships in New Delhi .
- While Ashu won a bronze in 67kg category, Aditya and Hardeep also bagged the medals of same colour in the 72kg and 97kg respectively on the second day of the competitions.
P V Sindhu wins third successive ESPN’s Female Sportsperson of the Year award
- World champion shuttler P V Sindhu won the ESPN’s Female Sportsperson of the Year award for a third consecutive time while young shooter Saurabh Chaudhary bagged the honour in the male category.
- Sprinter Dutee Chand became the first winner of the Courage award for being inspirational both on and off the field. Ace chess player Koneru Humpy won the award for the Comeback of the Year. Wrestler Deepak Punia bagged coveted ESPN’s Emerging Sports Person of the Year award.
Pragyan Ojha announces retirement from international, 1st-class cricket
Indian left-arm spinner Pragyan Ojha announced retirement from international and first-class cricket with immediate effect. The 33-year-old last played for India in 2013 during Sachin Tendulkar’s farewell Test against the West Indies in Mumbai.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Parikrama lead guitarist and founder Sonam Sherpa passes away
- The founding member and lead guitarist of acclaimed band Parikrama, Sonam Sherpa passed away.
- Sherpa formed Parikrama on June 17, 1991 in Delhi along with Subir Malik, who is also the organ player in the band.
Bengali actor and former MP Tapas Pal passes away
- Bengali actor and former Trinamool Congress MP Tapas Pal passed away.
- In 1980, Tapas Pal made his debut in the Bengali film industry with Tarun Majumdar’s Dadar Kirti. Four years after his first film, Tapas Pal made his debut in Bollywood with Abodh in 1984 and was cast opposite Madhuri Dixit.
Former Manchester United goalkeeper and ‘Hero of Munich’ air disaster Harry Gregg passes away
- Former Manchester United and Northern Ireland goalkeeper Harry Gregg has passed away at the age of 87.He spent nine years at the club, and also won 25 caps for Northern Ireland
- He was dubbed the ‘hero of Munich’ for his bravery during 1958 air disaster
Veteran journalist M S Mani passes away
- Veteran journalist and Chief Editor of ‘Kala Kaumudi’ daily M S Mani passed away.
- He started his career in 1961 as a staff reporter at ‘Kerala Kaumudi’ and within a year was posted in Delhi as the Parliament correspondent.
Greatest woman golfer, Mickey Wright dies at 85
- Mickey Wright, often described as the greatest woman golfer of all times, died at Florida in the United States at the age of 85. Her haul of 13 major victories included four US Women’s Open titles and four US Women’s PGA Championships.
Veteran Kannada actor Kishori Ballal passes away
- Veteran Kannada actor Kishori Ballal, who had acted in over 75 movies and left an indelible mark with her role in Shah Rukh Khan-starrer Swades, passed away.
- Kishori made her acting debut in the 1960s with Kannada movie Ivalentha Hendathi
Former FICCI president & Executive Chairman of KCP Group V.L. Dutt Passes Away
- L. Dutt, the executive chairman of KCP Group passed away.
- Dutt was the past president of FICCI, All India Organisation of Employers, ICC India, Indian Sugar Mills Association, Cement Manufacturers Association and Andhra Chamber of Commerce. He was also the past vice-chairman of ICC’s Commission on International Trade and Investment Policy, Paris.