1. With which bank the Mahindra Life space Developers has signed an MoU to speed up the home loan approvals as well as offer special discounts to customers and employees of both the companies ______ State Bank of India (SBI).
➢ Mahindra Life space and SBI have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to enable an improved and more seamless experience for homebuyers across India.
➢ It provides various co-promotional activities and outreach initiatives, customers and employees of SBI and Mahindra Life spaces.
➢ Homebuyers will benefit by saving on expenses incurred on obtaining Title Investigation Report (TIR) and valuation for approved projects.
2. Electric car maker Tesla has incorporated a fully owned subsidiary in which city of India ______ Bengaluru.
➢ It has registered with the Registrar of Companies in Bengaluru, Karnataka as ‘Tesla India Motors and Energy Private Limited’.
➢ It is also in the process of setting up a manufacturing plant at Dharwad, Karnataka for producing electric vehicles in India. It has registered itself as a private company with an authorised capital of Rs 15 lakh.
3. Which company find top position in the list of 500 most valuable companies across the world ______ Apple.
➢ Apple tops in the list of 500 most valuable companies across the world with a value of 2.1 Trillion USD followed by Microsoft with a value of 1.640 Trillion and Amazon with a value of 1.610 Trillion and Alphabet with 1.2 trillion USD.
➢ The list was released by Hurun in association with China luxury tea brand Empereur.
➢ 2020 Hurun Global 500 list – a list of 500 most valuable companies across the globe, of Hurun Research features a total of 11 Indian companies
4. Which Indian IT company is set to acquire 100% share of Hong Kong based Payments Technology Service Ltd (PTSL) a subsidiary of Fidelity Information Services (FIS) ______ Tech Mahindra.
➢ In regard to this acquisition, Tech Mahindra had signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with FIS.
➢ The acquisition will give Tech Mahindra access to Internet Protocol(IP) and licenses for two products – Open Payment Framework (OPF) and Multi-Bank System (MBS).
➢ With this agreement, Tech Mahindra has planned to expand its BFSI (banking, financial services and insurance) footprint globally. In support of this strategy, Tech Mahindra will also build a state-of-the-art Centre of Excellence (CoE) in Chennai, India.
5. Which Payments bank has collaborated with the leading payment processor and provider of integrated payment products, Financial Software and Systems (FSS) to promote Financial Inclusion in underserved and unbanked part of India ______ India Post Payments Bank.
➢ To attain this purpose, IPPB will use FSS’ Aadhaar Enabled Payment System(AePS).
➢ The IPPB Partnership with FSS’ AePS solution combines the low-cost structure of a branchless business model, digital distribution, and micro-targeting that lowers acquisition costs & reaches all customers in rural area.
➢ After this collaboration, IPPB bank has become the single-largest platform in India for providing interoperable banking services to customers of any bank.
6. Which bank has launched ‘Wellness and Wellness Plus’ credit card in partnership with Aditya Birla Wellness Private Limited ______ Yes Bank.
➢ As consumers face new realities of home-schooling of children, working from home, and lack of physical contact with loved ones and colleagues, this is an innovative step to encourage and promote self-care, mental and physical well-being.
➢ Consumers can now enjoy the bouquet of complimentary health benefits by simply registering on the Aditya Birla Multiply App.
7. Which bank has partnered with Niyo, a new age fintech, to issue prepaid cards to workers of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) ______ ICICI Bank.
➢ MSMEs will now be able to get ‘ICICI Bank Niyo Bharat Payroll Card’ powered by Visa, for their blue-collar workers, who are mostly under-banked.
➢ With this, MSMEs can upload the salaries of their workers on the card, which the workers can then utilise as per their need in a seamless manner.
➢ The ‘ICICI Bank Niyo Bharat Payroll Card’ allows an individual to receive funds up to ₹1 lakh into the card account.
8. The ADB has partnered with which another bank to initiate a Clean and Sustainable Ocean Partnership to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the climate goals as advised in the Paris Agreement ______ European Investment Bank.
➢ In this regard, both entities will support the initiatives in Asia and the Pacific.
➢ This partnership will strengthen the capacity of both entities to support high-impact projects.
➢ They will also develop joint technical assistance programs and advisory support to help their partners in achieving SDGs of blue economy.
9. As per the Reserve Bank of India the State Bank of India, ICICI Bank and HDFC Bank continue to be domestic systemically important banks (D-SIBs) which are 'too big to fail'. The Reserve Bank had issued the framework for dealing with D-SIBs in ______ 2014.
➢ SIBs are subjected to higher levels of supervision so as to prevent disruption in financial services in the event of any failure.
➢ The Reserve Bank had issued the framework for dealing with D-SIBs in July 2014.
➢ The D-SIB framework requires the central to disclose the names of banks designated as D-SIBs starting from 2015 and place these lenders in appropriate buckets depending upon their Systemic Importance Scores (SISs).
10. Which company has signed a concession agreement with state-owned Airports Authority of India (AAI) for the operation, development and management of airports at Jaipur, Guwahati and Thiruvananthapuram ______ Adani Group.
➢ According to terms and conditions specified in the concession agreement, the Adani Group will have to take over the airports within six months.
➢ The concessionaire will manage, develop and operate the airports for 50 years.
➢ The Gautam Adani-led Adani Enterprises had in February 2019 emerged as the highest bidders for AAI-operated airports in Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Mangaluru, Thiruvananthapuram and Lucknow, which were put up for privatization under the public private partnership (PPP) model.
11. Which Fintech company has launched the Digital Acceleration for Small Businesses microsite across most of its Asia Pacific websites ______ Mastercard.
➢ The one-stop resource site provides information and resources for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to digitize and operate their business more efficiently.
➢ Mastercard has partnered with Wix and Zoho to enhance the resources for SMEs.
12. Which bank has launched ‘InstaFX’ App for Forex Partners to help customers of any bank to obtain Forex Prepaid Card ______ ICICI Bank.
➢ Called ‘InstaFX’, the app enables the authorised money changers, who are partners of the Bank, to complete the KYC verification and validation of customers digitally and on a real-time basis.
➢ This facility significantly improves customer convenience as the ‘ICICI Bank Forex Prepaid Card’ gets activated swiftly within a few hours, as against the industry practice of up to two-days.
13. Which bank has entered into a co-lending arrangement with IIFL Home Finance Ltd to extend credit to MSME loans ______ Standard Chartered Bank.
➢ Under this partnership, IIFL Home Finance and the Standard Chartered Bank will co-originate these loans and the IIFL Home Finance will service the customers through the entire loan life-cycle including sourcing, documentation, collection and loan servicing.
➢ Definitive agreements for the said co-lending arrangement had been executed between the IIFL Home Finance and Standard Chartered Bank on 16 January 2021.
1. Renowned personality Ustad Ghulam Mustafa Khan passed away recently, he was a veteran ______ Classical Musician.
➢ Born on March 3, 1931 in Badaun in Uttar Pradesh, Khan was the eldest son in a family of four brothers and three sisters.
➢ His father, Ustad Waris Hussain Khan was the son of celebrated musician Ustad Murred Baksh, while his mother, Sabri Begum, was the daughter of Ustad Inayat Husain Khan, credited as the founder of the Rampur-Sahaswan gharana of music.
➢ Khan got his basic classical music training from his father and later studied music under his cousin, Ustad Nissar Hussain Khan.
2. Renowned personality Dr V Shanta passed away recently, she was a famous ______ Oncologist.
➢ Dr V Shanta was known for her work on cancer care and for building the Cancer Institute with her mentor.
➢ The institute is known for providing state-of-the-art health care to all patients, irrespective of their economic condition.
➢ Dr V Shanta’s work won several awards, including the Magsaysay Award, Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan, and Padma Vibhushan. Dr Shanta was active till her hospitalisation.
3. Name the Co-founder of Precision Automation and Robotics India (PARI) who passed away recently ______ Mangesh Kale.
➢ Kale had set up the company along with Ranjit Date in 1990.
➢ PARI, which is a leading provider of turnkey solutions in industrial and robotic automation was sold to Wipro Infrastructure for an undisclosed sum in December 2020.
➢ Anand Deshpande, founder of Persistent Systems, another Pune-headquartered firm tweeted saying this was a great personal loss.
4. Renowned personality Kamal Morarka has passed away recently he was a veteran ______ Industrialist and Union Minister.
➢ The 74-year-old leader, a businessman who was also a former BCCI vice president. He was incumbent president of Samajwadi Janata Party (Chandra Shekhar). He was elected to Rajya Sabha in 1988.
5. Renowned politician Mata Prasad passed away recently, he was former governor of which state ______ Arunachal Pradesh.
➢ Former Arunachal Governor Mata Prasad has passed away at the age of 95. He served as minister in the Congress government in Uttar Pradesh in 1988- 89 and appointed as Governor of Arunachal Pradesh in 1993.
1. The Army Day in India is celebrated every year on which date ______ 15th January
➢ India is celebrating its 73rd Army Day on 15 January 2021.
➢ On 15 January, 1949, then Lieutenant General KM Cariappa took over as Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Army from General Francis Butcher, the last British Commander-in-Chief of India.
2. What is the theme of the ‘Swachhata Pakhwada’ organized by the ‘National Cadet Corps, NCC at India Gate, New Delhi ______ 'Clean India, Green India, Yeh Hai Mera Dream India'.
➢ The event was inaugurated by Defence Secretary Ajay Kumar.
➢ The theme of this Swachhata Pakhwada is 'Clean India, Green India, Yeh Hai Mera Dream India'.
➢ During the Swachhata Pakhwada the NCC cadets will keep Rajpath clean for the Republic Day Parade - 2021 by spreading awareness through displaying banners, distribution of pamphlets and showcasing Swachhata through Nukkad Nataks
3. The government of India has decided to celebrate 'Parakram Diwas' every year on which date the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose ______ 23rd January.
➢ The Day will be mark to honour and remember Netaji's indomitable spirit and selfless service to the nation.
➢ The Government of India has decided to celebrate the 125th birth anniversary year of Netaji beginning from January 2021 in befitting manner at national and international level.
4. The National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) Raising Day celebrated every year on which date ______ 19th January.
➢ The NDRF came into existence on January 19, 2006.
➢ The specialised task force has been constituted for “special response to a threatening disaster situation or a disaster.”
➢ National Disaster Management Authority is the parent body of the NDRF. Located at 12 different locations in the country, there are 12 NDRF battalions.
1. Nazhat Shameem Khan has been elected as president of UN Human Rights Council in an unprecedented secret ballot, she is an ambassador of which country to the UN body ______ Fiji.
➢ The island nation's ambassador in Geneva, Nazhat Shameem Khan, beat off competition from Bahrain and Uzbekistan to lead the only intergovernmental global body to promote and protect human rights worldwide.
➢ Khan, who served as the council's vice president in 2020 and is considered a rights champion, won with 29 out of 47 votes.
➢ Bahrain's ambassador and his Uzbek counterpart received 14 and four votes, respectively.
2. Who has been appointed as the chairman of Telecom Equipment and Services Export Promotion Council (TEPC) ______ Sandeep Aggarwal.
➢ Aggarwal, the Managing Director and Promoter of Delhi-based Paramount Communications, will take over from Shyamal Ghosh.
➢ TEPC is an independent body set up by the government to promote and develop the export of telecom equipment and services.
➢ Aggarwal is also the Chief Mentor of PHDCCI’s Telecom Committee, besides being the Chairman of Telecom Equipment Manufacturers Association (TEMA) and President of Railway Cable Development Association.
3. Who has been appointed as the Chairman of the Somnath Temple Trust ______ Narendra Modi.
➢ He becomes the second Prime Minister who has been appointed the chairman of the temple trust after former PM Morarji Desai.
➢ As per trust records, PM Modi has become the eighth chairman of the trust.
➢ The post of the Somnath Trust's chairman fell vacant after the death of the incumbent, former Gujarat Chief Minister Keshubhai Patel, in October last year.
4. Who has been assigned the additional charge of the Ministry of AYUSH during the hospitalization and treatment of AYUSH Minister Shripad Naik following a road accident ______ Kiren Rijiju.
➢ The move was necessitated as Shripad Yesso Naik, the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for the Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy (AYUSH) was undergoing treatment at a hospital in Goa.
➢ Mr Naik, 68, was admitted to the hospital on January 12 after he met with an accident while on his way back to Goa from Karnataka.
5. Who has been appointed as the Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the RBL Bank for three years ______ Vishwavir Ahuja.
➢ The bank has recommended this re-appointment to the Reserve Bank of India(RBI) for approval.
➢ He has been the MD& CEO of RBL bank since June 30, 2010.
➢ Earlier to joining RBL Bank in July 2010, he was the MD & CEO of Bank of America, India from 2001 to 2009.