Q1. Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) will be expanded by 31st August 2021. BBPS functions under the aegis of the?
Correct Answer is NPCI
- Also, 'mobile prepaid recharges' are added as a biller category.
- It will help millions of prepaid phone subscribers in the country.
- BBPS is an integrated bill payment system that offers interoperable bill payment service to customers online as well as through a network of agents on the ground.
Q2. Which bank will be the lead sponsor of National Asset Reconstruction Company Limited (NARCL) or bad bank with 12 percent stake in the entity?
Correct Answer is Canara Bank
- The board of Canara Bank has given in-principle approval for taking stake in NARCL,
- The IBA was appointed nodal agency to constitute the Asset Reconstruction and Asset Management Companies designated as NARCL and India Debt Management Company Ltd (IDMCL) respectively.
- Bad bank refers to a financial institution that takes over bad assets of lenders and undertakes resolution.
Q3. The Reserve Bank of India proposed to remove interest rate caps for which financial institutions?
Correct Answer is Microfinance Institutions
- Microfinance institutions will get the freedom to set rates and end regulatory cap on interest rates.
- Microfinance is a form of financial service which provides small loans and other financial services to poor and lowincome households.
Q4. According to global consultancy BCG report, the financial wealth in India grew by what percent in 2020?
Correct Answer is 11 percent
- This growth was at par with the compounded annual growth rate for the five years to 2020.
- Financial wealth is defined as the total wealth excluding real assets and liabilities held by adult individuals.
- As per the report India is expected to lead the percentage growth of individuals with fortunes of over USD 100 million till 2025.
Q5. What amount of rice has been allocated by the central government at a subsidized rate of Rs 20 per kg to distilleries for ethanol production for 2020-21?
Correct Answer is 78,000 tonnes.
- As per Food Ministry figures, a quantity of 12,956 metric tonnes of rice has been lifted by six distilleries till April 30, 2021.
- The government has set a target of blending 20-percent ethanol with petrol by 2025-26.
- To achieve that target, over 1,000 crore liters of ethanol will be required to blend with the petrol.
Q6. Which public sector company has signed a pact with National Institute of Wind Energy (NIWE) to develop solar and wind energy projects?
Correct Answer is SJVN Limited
- SJVN has entered into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Institute for 'technical consultancy services' for development of solar, wind, hybrid (wind and solar) and hybrid (wind, solar and battery storage) energy projects of SJVN, according to a statement.
- NIWE will support SJVN to assess the feasibility and techno-commercial aspects of the projects and preparation of detailed project reports, estimates and bid documents covering all relevant aspects from the concept to the commissioning of these projects.
Q7. Which foundation has joined hands with National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) for the implementation of its ‘Employability through Skill Initiative Project (ESIP) Phase II?
Correct Answer is Ambuja Cement Foundation
- The foundation received grant assistance from NABARD under the Gramya Vikas Nidhi, a fund created for the development of off-farm sector activities.
- The project will provide skill training across 19 locations for two years in 12 trades. It has already reached over 4,000 youth despite the pandemic, the foundation said in a statement.
- Besides skill training, the course also includes soft skills and leadership skills as part of the training module.
Q8. Which Small Finance Bank has collaborated with MoEngage to drive digital banking experiences in the unserved and underserved areas of the country?
Correct Answer is Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
- MoEngage is a leading customer engagement platform.
- This will foster a holistic customer experience across all organic channels, like the website, app, email, text message, social media, and branches to drive business growth.
- Utilizing MoEngage’s expertise, the SFB will target SMS campaigns to encourage digital repayments.
Q9. With which intergovernmental bank the Government of India has signed a $484 million loan to improve transport connectivity and facilitate industrial development in the Chennai–Kanyakumari Industrial Corridor (CKIC) in Tamil Nadu?
Correct Answer is ADB
- CKIC is part of India’s East Coast Economic Corridor (ECEC)
- ADB is the lead partner of the Government of India in developing ECEC.
- The project will upgrade about 590 km of state highways in the CKIC influence areas that cover 23 of the 32 districts between Chennai and Kanyakumari.
Q10. Which digital payment digital payment platform has tied up with a clutch of leading Indian banks to offer tokenized card services to customers on its UPI app?
Correct Answer is Google Pay
- It has now added debit cards by SBI, IndusInd Bank and Federal Bank and Credit cards by IndusInd Bank and HSBC India to its tokenized offerings.
- It is a feature that enables users to make debit or credit card payments through a secure digital token attached to their phone.
- The network partner for these transactions is Visa.
Q11. According to ‘UNESCO Science Report 2021: The race against time for smarter development’, India’s Gross Domestic Expenditure on Research & Development (GERD) remained at?
Correct Answer is 0.7%.
- India’s Gross Domestic Expenditure on Research & Development (GERD) remained at 0.7% of the GDP for several years.
- India has one of the lowest GERD/GDP ratios among the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) nations.
Q12. What is the rank of RBI in terms of reserves transferred to the government as a percentage of gross domestic product (GDP) for the fiscal year 2020-21?
Correct Answer is 2nd
- In FY20, the RBI stood fourth when ranked by the ratio of surplus as a percentage of GDP.
- The RBI transferred a Rs 99,122-crore surplus to the government — 73% higher than the Rs 57,128 crore paid out in 2019-20.
- The surplus transferred by RBI constitutes 0.44% of GDP, while that of the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey constitutes 0.5% of GDP.
Q.13. In the last one year, the country’s foreign exchange reserve rose by?
Correct Answer is US$ 103 Billion
- According to the RBI, Foreign exchange reserves of the country reached an all-time high of US$ 605.0 billion on June 4, 2021.
- RBI estimated that, In terms of projected imports for 2021-22, the current level of reserves provides cover for less than 15 months.
- In the foreign exchange markehe Indian rupee appreciated against the US dollar in May 2021 and gained further in June.
Q14. For which country the Asian Development Bank has approved USD 250 million loans for improving the inclusiveness and responsiveness of the country’s social development and resilience program?
Correct Answer is Bangladesh
- The Strengthening Social Resilience Program will include institutional and policy reforms to address cross-sector issues of social development in Bangladesh.
Q15. Which financial institutions got RBI’s “in-principle” approval to set up a small finance bank to take over Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative Bank (PMC Bank)?
Correct Answer is Centrum Financial Services Ltd
- Then, the SFB will take over the beleaguered Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative Bank (PMC Bank).
- Centrum Capital, the holding entity for CFSL, and its partner BharatPe, a payments system company, will infuse Rs 1,800 crore into the small finance bank.
Q16. Which power generator will acquire the 1,200 MW Essar Power's Mahan Project located at Singrauli district of Madhya Pradesh?
Correct Answer is Adani Power Limited
- Resolution Professional of the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) issued a Letter of Intent to Adani Power.
- Essar Power's Mahan power plant supplies power through the Mahan-Sipat transmission line and is also connected with a railway siding 18 km away from the plant for the supply of coal and other raw materials.
- Adani Power will shell out close to Rs 3,000 crore for the Mahan Project.
Q17. Which financial Technology company has signed ‘lead generation agreements’ with 12 financial institutions?
Correct Answer is PayPoint India.
- The aim of the deal is to assist with loans to the underserved using technology, and to generate leads for housing, personal and business loans through the partnership with banks and NBFCs.
- Under the agreement, PayPoint India will help the financial institutions to get access to the remote locations where they are unable to reach on their own, and provide capital.
Q1. Renowned personality Sanchari Vijay passed away recently, he was a veteran?
Correct Answer is Actor
- Vijay meet with a road accident and was in critical condition.
- Doctors performed an emergency brain surgery but could not save him.
- Vijay, who made his debut with Rangappa Hogbitna in 2011, appeared in many Kannada films such as Dasavala, Harivu, Oggarane, Killing Veerappan, Varthamana, and Sipaayi.
Q2. Renowned personality Surat Singh Mathur passed away recently, he was a veteran?
Correct Answer is Sportsman
- He was marathon runner, complete the Olympic marathon race, at the 1952 Helsinki Games.
- Running with the legendary Emil Zatopek in the 1952 Helsinki Olympics, Mathur completed the marathon in the 52nd place in 2:58.92s.
- He was a bronze medallist at the first Asian Games in 1951.
Q3. Renowned personality Raghubir Singh has passed away recently, he was a veteran?
Correct Answer is Army man
- Brigadier Raghubir Singh was honoured with Maha Vir Chakra, the second highest gallantry award in India by the then President of India, Dr S Radhakrishnan.
- He is fondly called as “Dadosa”
- He served as the Provost Marshal in the Military police, during the 1971 Indo-Pak war.
- During the 1965 Indo Pak war,he was commanding his battalion, 18 Rajputana Rifles (later 11 Mechanised Infantry).
Q4. Renowned personality Milkha Singh passed away recently, he was a veteran?
Correct Answer is Sportsman
- He is the only athlete to win gold in 400 metres race at the Asian Games as well the Commonwealth Games.
- He also won gold medals in the 1958 and 1962 Asian Games.
- He represented India in the 1956 Summer Olympics in Melbourne, the 1960 Summer Olympics in Rome and the 1964 Summer Olympics in Tokyo
Q5. Renowned personality Kenneth Kaunda passed away recently, he was president of which country?
Correct Answer is Zambia
- Mr Kaunda served as the first President of independent Zambia from 1964 to 1991.
- In 1991, he was forced to hold the first multi-party elections for 23 years, which he lost to long-time foe, trade unionist Frederick Chiluba.
- Zambia gained independence from Britain in October 1964.
Q6. Renowned personality Guruprasad Mohapatra passed away recently, he was former?
Correct Answer is DPIIT Secretary
- Before serving as DPIIT secretary, he served as Chairman of the Airports Authority of India (AAI).
- He was a Gujarat cadre 1986 batch IAS officer, who had earlier served as joint secretary in the Department of Commerce.
- He was also a member of Gujarat Electricity Board between 2002 and 2004.
Q1. World Elder Abuse Awareness Day is observed globally every year on?
Correct Answer is 15th June
- This day is celebrated to raise a voice for the elderly who are abused and victimized.
- The main objective of this day is to provide an opportunity for communities around the globe to promote a better understanding of abuse and neglect of older persons by creating awareness of the cultural, social, economic and demographic processes affecting elder abuse and neglect.
Q2. World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought is observed every year on which date?
Correct Answer is 17th June
- The day’s focus is to turn the degraded land that has lost its natural productivity due to human activity into healthy land.
- The UN-designated day is all about a green planet, sustainable development, and health and welfare of people.
- This year’s theme is “Restoration.Land.Recovery. We build back better with healthy land”.
Q3. The Autistic Pride Day is observed every year on which date?
Correct Answer is 18th June
Q4. Sustainable Gastronomy Day is observed every year globally on?
Correct Answer is 18th June.
- The day was designated by UN General Assembly on 21 December 2016.
- Sustainable Gastronomy Day is observed on 18 June globally to focus the attention of the world on the role that sustainable gastronomy plays in our lives.
- The day was designated by UN General Assembly on 21 December 2016.
Q5. World Sickle Cell Day, observed every year on?
Correct Answer is 19 June
- The day is observed to raise awareness of sickle cell disorders. Sickle cell Anaemia is a genetic red blood cell disorder
- People with sickle cell disorders don't have enough healthy red blood cells to carry oxygen throughout the body
- The day came into existence in 2008 after the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) acknowledged sickle cell disease as a public health problem
Q6. International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict is observed globally every year on?
Correct Answer is 19th June
- The day aims to raise awareness of the need to put an end to conflict-related sexual violence, honour the victims and survivors of sexual violence around the world
- In 2015 the United Nations adopted 19 June as the International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict.
Q7. World Refugee Day is celebrated every year on which date?
Correct Answer is 20th June
- Theme 2021: Together we heal, learn and shine.
- United Nations General Assembly recognised this day on 4 December 2000 to mark the 50th anniversary of 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees.
- It was observed for the first time on 20th June, 2001.
Q8. What is the theme of the 7th International Yoga Day 2021?
Correct Answer is Yoga for Wellness
- International Yoga Day is observed annually on June 21.
- The idea of an International Yoga Day was proposed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2014 in the UNGA.
- On the PM MOdi launched “mYoga app” in collaboration with WHO and it will be available worldwide.
Q9. World Music Day' is celebrated every year on which date?
Correct Answer is 21st June.
- It is also known as 'Fete de la Musique' in French and Make Music Day as well.
- World Music Day celebrations began in the year 1982 in France.
- The day is dedicated to all the musicians and music lovers around the world.
- World Music Day, also known as ‘Fatede la Musica’, means a music festival.
Q1. Mukesh Sharma is faculty of IIT who has been appointed as an honorary member of World Health Organisation’s (WHO) Global Air Pollution and Health - Technical Advisory Group (GAPH-TAG)?
Correct Answer is IIT Kanpur
- Mukesh Sharma has been associated with WHO, Geneva, International Council for Clean Transport, Clean Air Asia United National Environmental Program, Bangkok, and the World Bank.
- He will now be part of the WHO advisory group on interventions and policies for air pollution control in 194 member states.
Q2. Who has been appointed as the as the Chairman of the Microsoft Corp?
Correct Answer is Satya Nadella
- He will succeed John Thompson, who will now serve as lead independent director.
- Nadella took over as CEO in 2014 from Steve Ballmer.
- He has been instrumental in scaling up its business including billion-dollar acquisitions like LinkedIn, Nuance Communications and ZeniMax.
- Nadella has transformed the software titan into America’s second-largest firm by value after tech giant Apple.
Q3. Who has been named as the named as a member of a High-Level Advisory Group formed by the World Bank and IMF?
Correct Answer is Montek Singh Ahluwalia
- He was former Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission and distinguished fellow at the Centre for Social and Economic Progress (CSEP).
- The group will be jointly led by Mari Pangestu, Managing Director for Development Policy and Partnerships, World Bank; Ceyla Pazarbasioglu, Director, Strategy, Policy and Review Department, International Monetary Fund; and Lord Nicholas Stern of the London School of Economics.
Q4. Who has been appointed as Director at India's WTO mission?
Correct Answer is Aashish Chandorkar
- For the first time, a private person has been appointed at the Mission.
- Chandorkar is director of Bengaluru-based policy think tank Smahi Foundation of Policy and Research.
- The WTO is a 164-member multi-lateral body, which deals with global trade.
Q5. International lawyer Karim Khan belongs to which country who has sworn in as the new chief prosecutor for the International Criminal Court?
Correct Answer is England
- He has years of experience in international lawyer as a prosecutor, investigator and defense attorney.
- He takes over from Fatou Bensouda of Gambia.
- Most recently, Khan led a United Nations team investigating atrocities in Iraq.
Q6. Who has been appointed as the Brand Ambassador of PUMA motorsports in India?
Correct Answer is Yuvraj Singh
- Singh will showcase his passion for fast cars and sports-inspired fashion. With this, he also joins the brand’s global league of legends like Thierry Henry, Boris Becker and Usain Bolt.
- An ardent fan of Formula 1 driver Max Verstappen, Singh keenly follows Scuderia Ferrari Formula1 team.
- Globally, PUMA is associated with Scuderia Ferrari, Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team, Aston Martin Red Bull Racing, BMW M Motorsport and Porche Motorsport.
Q7. Which petroleum company has decided to set up a grain-based ethanol plant in the Una, Himachal Pradesh?
Correct Answer is HPCL
- The state government would provide about 70 acres of land and a rail-fed POL terminal of higher capacity.
- This plant would have a capacity to generate 125 KL ethanol per day.
- These projects would be set up at a cost of 400 crore rupees and would provide direct and indirect employment to about 300 persons.
Q8. Who has won the 2021 Iranian presidential election?
Correct Answer is Ebrahim Raisi
- He will succeed Hassan Rouhani.
- He will take charge of the office of President in August 2021 for four year term.
- He is presently serving as the Chief Justice of Iran since March 2019.
Q9. Antonio Guterres, was re-elected as the Secretary General of United Nations (UN) for a 2nd 5-year term, he held from which country?
Correct Answer is Portugal
- His appointment was made by the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) on the recommendation of the 15- nation UN Security Council (UNSC) and announced by the President of the 75th session of the UNGA, Volkan Bozkir.
- It should be noted that as per UN Charter, the Secretary-General is appointed by the UNGA on the recommendation of the UNSC.
- He is an ex-Prime Minister of Portugal from 1995 to 2002, he has been serving as the Secretary General since 2017.