1. What is India’s rank in the in the Global Gender Gap index 2021 among 156 countries, released by World Economic Forum ______ 140th.
➢ India was ranked 112th among 153 countries in 2020
➢ India emerged as the third-worst performing country in South Asia.
➢ Iceland has topped the index for 12th time, followed by Finland, Norway, New Zealand, Rwanda, Sweden, Ireland and Switzerland
➢ Afghanistan is the worst-performing country in the report.
➢ The Global Gender Gap Report 2021 is 15th edition of the annual publication by WEF.
2. Minister of State for Ports, Shipping & Waterways, Mansukh Mandaviya, virtually flagged off the Cruise Ship service between Hazira Port of Surat and ______ Diu.
➢ Between 2014 to 2020, Cruise calls at Indian Ports have increased from 139 calls with around 1 lakh passengers to 450 calls with over 4.5 lakh passengers.
➢ Indian Govt. is planning for 6 International Cruise Terminals
3. India's biggest floating solar power plant with a capacity of 100 megawatt is expected to become operational in which state ______ Telangana.
➢ The project has been set up by the energy conglomerate National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) in the reservoir of its thermal power plant at Ramagundam, Peddapalli district.
➢ The solar photo-voltaic project, spread over 450 acres, will have 4.5 lakh photovoltaic panels and it can be expanded in the future.
4. Which Institution has won the number one rank in the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) 2020 also known as Shanghai Ranking ______ Indian Institute of Science (IISc).
➢ As per the ARWU Ranking 2020 of top institutions in India, the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) was on the number one rank while the University of Calcutta was on the third spot among all premier higher educational institutions in the country.
➢ Calcutta University has secured first place among Indian universities and third position among top higher educational institutions in the country in the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) 2020.
5. Spices Board India is under administrative control of which ministry that has signed an MoU with UNDP India’s Accelerator Lab to build a blockchain based traceability interface for Indian spices to enhance transparency in supply chain and trade ______ Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
➢ Blockchain is a decentralized process of recording transactions on an open and shared electronic ledger.
➢ This allows for ease and transparency in data management across a complex network, including, farmers, brokers, distributors, processors, retailers, regulators, and consumers, thus simplifying the supply chain.
6. Whose birth anniversary has been declared as a public holiday 2021, under Section 25 of Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 ______ Dr BR Ambedkar.
➢ As per an official order of Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Central government offices, Industrial Establishments throughout the country will also remain closed on the 14th April
➢ BR Ambedkar inspired Dalit Buddhist movement and was independent India's first Minister of Law and Justice.
7. Name the initiative jointly launched by the Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan and Tribal Affairs Minister Arjun Munda to enhance the health and nutrition status of the tribal communities ______ Anamaya.
➢ A multi-stakeholder initiative supported by Piramal Foundation and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), Anameya’ will converge efforts of various Government agencies and organisations to enhance the health and nutrition status of the tribal communities.
8. Who has launched the “मधक्रु ान्तिपोर्टल” and Honey Corners of NAFED to enable traceability source of honey and other beehive products ______ Narendra Singh Tomar.
➢ “मधुक्रान्तिपोर्टल” is an initiative of National Bee Board (NBB), Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare under National Beekeeping & Honey Mission (NBHM).
➢ This portal is being developed for online registration to achieve traceability source of Honey and other beehive products on a digital platform.
➢ The technical and banking partner for development of this digital platform is Indian Bank.
9. Who among the following partnered with Mahindra Logistics Limited (MLL) for fast-track deployment of electric vehicles across its logistics fleet ______ Flipkart.
➢ The partnership is made for fast-track deployment of electric vehicles across its logistics fleet in the country.
➢ Both the entities will develop a conducive environment for EV deployment and operations in India.
➢ They will jointly develop supportive infrastructure and technology like charging stations and parking lots, training workforce, route planning and battery swapping stations.
1. Mati Festival is celebrated in which part of India ______ Purvanchal.
➢ The first edition of the Purvanchal Festival ‘Maati’ took place in 2018 with the objective of promoting folk art and melody, traditional food, literature, ethnic culture and tourism of the culturally rich Purvanchal (Varanasi, Gorakhpur, Basti, Gonda, Azamgarh, Mirzapur and Prayag divisions and entire Awadh region of Uttar Pradesh).
2. Which becomes the first state to commission India’s first Farm-based Solar Power Project under the PM-KUSUM scheme ______ Rajasthan.
➢ It has a capacity of 1 megawatt and is spread over on 3.5-acre semi-barren land.
➢ It has been developed at an investment of nearly INR 3.7 Crore.
➢ The power generated by the project will be purchased by Rajasthan VidhyutVitran Nigam Ltd (at the rate of INR 3.14 per unit).
3. Which becomes the first state in India to provide health insurance of up to INR 5 Lakh to each Family every year under Mukhyamantri Chiranjeevi Swasthya Bima Yojana ______ Rajasthan.
➢ With this launch, Rajasthan became the 1st State in India to provide health insurance of up to INR 5 Lakh to each Family every year.
➢ The announcement of the Health Insurance Scheme was made during the presentation of the State Budget for the FY 2021-22.
➢ The Scheme is worth INR 3, 500 Crore.
4. The World Bank has approved a USD 32 Million (Rs. 234.80 Crores) for the improvement of healthcare system in which state ______ Mizoram.
➢ The World Bank Board of Executive Directors approved a USD 32 Million (~INR 234.80 Crores) Project titled ‘Mizoram Health Systems Strengthening Project’ for improving management capacity and quality of health services in Mizoram.
➢ The project will help Mizoram to improve quality certification at health facilities, enhance human resources, improve health insurance and other innovations.
5. The World Bank and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) have approved the loan for the 300 Million USD (around Rs.2190 crore) canal-based drinking water project in which state ______ Punjab.
➢ The World Bank(WB) and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) have approved the loan for the 300 Million USD (around Rs.2190 crore) canal-based drinking water project in Punjab.
➢ The entire project will be co-financed by International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) of World Bank (USD 105 million), AIIB (USD 105 million) and the Government of Punjab (USD 90 million).
6. Which state emerge as the highest contributor to the small savings schemes such as NSC and PPF ______ West Bengal.
➢ It is followed by Uttar Pradesh, the largest state in terms of population, with gross collection of Rs 69,660.70 crore out of the Rs 5.96 lakh crore garnered during 2017-18 (last updated), as per data collated by the National Savings Institute under the finance ministry.
➢ The rate of interest on various small savings schemes for the first quarter of 2021-22 starting from April 1 and ending on June 30, 2021 would remain unchanged from those notified for the fourth quarter (January 1 to March 31, 2021) of 2020-21.
7. Amboli is located in which state in Western ghats that has been declared as a biodiversity heritage site recently ______ Maharshtra.
➢ This biodersity site has discovered a rare freshwater fish species Schistura Hiranyakeshi
➢ Earlier, Glory of Allapalli in Gadchiroli district, Landor Khori Park in Jalgaon, Ganesh Khind in Pune, myristica swamp vegetation in Sindhudurg district has been declared biodiversity heritage sites.
➢ Biodiversity Heritage Sites are notified areas of biodiversity importance in India.
8. Which state government has launched a unique gift scheme to promote Covid vaccination in the state ______ Uttar Pradesh.
➢ UP govt will conduct a lucky draw for those who have taken the vaccine on World Health Day on 7th April
➢ Districts with more than 25,000 beneficiaries with doses of vaccine, will be eligible for this gift scheme
➢ 4 gifts will be given to the beneficiaries after lucky draw.
9. Which international organisation is financing Mizoram Health Systems Strengthening Project ______ World Bank.
➢ Government of Mizoram is implementing Mizoram Health Systems Strengthening Project.
➢ World Bank Board of Executive Directors has approved a $32 million Project to improve management capacity and quality of health services in Mizoram.
1. First ever World Immunisation & Logistics Summit 2021 held in which city of the world ______ Abu Dhabi, UAE.
➢ Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare of India virtually participated in a final panel discussion on ‘Focus on Asia: Vaccine production and distribution across Asia’.
➢ Abu Dhabi launches The Hope Consortium launched by Department of Health ,Abu Dhabi for full global vaccine distribution.
2. Longi Green Energy Technology Co, the world’s biggest solar energy company belong to which country that is entering in to the hydrogen market ______ China.
➢ China’s Longi Green Energy Technology Co., the world’s biggest solar company, is entering the hydrogen market
➢ This is mainly because hydrogen is a carbon-free fuel that can be produced by electrolysis of water and then stored and transported and used in every possible machinery such as cars to electrical generators to steel mills.
➢ The firm, which manufactures wafers, cells and panels, is the world’s largest solar company by market capitalization, at about $52 billion.
3. Which becomes the first country in the world to adopt Integrated Health Information Platform (IHIP), an advanced disease surveillance system ______ India.
➢ Expressing his enthusiasm at the brave, futuristic and pertinent amalgamation of healthcare and technology.
➢ India is the first country in the world to adopt such an advanced disease surveillance system.
➢ He pointed out that the new version of IHIP will house the data entry and management for India's disease surveillance program.
4. Vjosa Osmani has been elected as the new president of which country ______ Kosovo.
➢ While 82 deputies participated in the vote in the 120-member parliament, 11 votes were declared invalid.
➢ The 38-year-old politician studied law at the University of Pristina in Kosovo and earned a doctorate from Pittsburgh University in the US.
5. India signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with which country in areas of atmospheric science and technology that was approved by the Union Cabinet ______ Japan.
➢ The pact was signed between National Atmospheric Research Laboratory (NARL) and Department of Space and Research Institute for Sustainable Humanosphere (RISH), Kyoto University for academic and research cooperation and exchange in November 2020.
➢ The agreement would lead to mutual utilisation of facilities such as the Middle and Upper atmosphere (MU) radar in Shigaraki, Japan, the Equatorial Atmosphere Radar (EAR) in Kototabang, Indonesia and complementary instruments available from RISH, and the Mesosphere-Stratosphere-Troposphere (MST) radar and complementary instruments available at NARL.
1. Who has been selected for the Saraswati Samman 2020 by the KK Birla Foundation ______ Dr. Sharankumar Limbale.
➢ The Saraswati Samman 2020 marks the 30th Saraswati Samman.
➢ The book – Sanatan, features the story of socio-cultural struggles of the untouchables.
➢ The Saraswati Samman is an annual award instituted by KK Birla Foundation in 1991.
➢ It is one of the highest literary awards in India.
2. Who will be conferred with the he prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke Award for 2019 ______ Rajinikanth.
➢ India's highest honour in cinema
➢ Presented by: Directorate of Film Festivals
➢ It is named after Dhundiraj Govind Phalke, who is revered as the father of Indian cinema
➢ It was instituted in 1969.
➢ The recipient receives a Swarna Kamal (Golden Lotus) medallion, a shawl and a cash prize of Rs 10 lakh.
3. Which novel has won the National Book Critics Circle prize for fiction ______ Hamnet.
➢ Maggie O’Farrell’s Hamnet has been conferred with National Book Critics Circle prize for fiction
➢ Hamnet: Well-timed story for the current pandemic, explores the impact of the boy’s illness and death on his family. He was Shakespeare’s only son.
4. Who has been conferred with the Kalinga Ratna Samman for the year 2021 ______ Biswabhusan Harichandan.
➢ It was given by M. Venkaiah Naidu during 600th Birth Anniversary of Adikabi Sarala Das and 40th celebrations of Sarala Sahitya Sansad
➢ The award carried a silver statue of Goddess Saraswati and a copper plaque
➢ Sarala Das was an excellent literary genius of 15th century who is well known as Adi Kavi, who contributed to epic literary works in Odia.
5. Who has won the 2020 Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) A.M. Turing Award, known informally as the “Nobel Prize of computing ______ Alfred V. Aho.
➢ Lawrence Gussman Professor Emeritus of Computer Science, Alfred V. Aho has won the 2020 Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) A.M. Turing Award, known informally as the “Nobel Prize of computing.” Aho shares the award with his long-time collaborator Jeffrey David Ullman.
➢ Aho and Ullman began working together at Bell Labs in 1967 and their early efforts included developing efficient algorithms for analyzing and translating programming languages.
6. Who has topped Forbes’ annual world’s billionaires list 2021 ______ Jeff Bezos.
➢ Jeff Bezos has topped the Forbes’ annual world’s billionaires list 2021 for the fourth consecutive year.
➢ India’s richest billionaire Mukesh Ambani ranked at 10th position with total net worth of $ 84.5 billion.
➢ Elon Musk stood second, followed by Bernard Arnault, Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg
7. Who has been selected for 2021 GD Birla Award for Scientific Research ______ Suman Chakraborty.
➢ Suman Chakraborty has been selected for 2021 GD Birla Award for Scientific Research.
➢ He is a faculty member at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur, has been chosen for his outstanding contribution to engineering science and its applications in developing technologies for affordable healthcare
1. Which country will host the 2023 men's boxing World Championships ______ Uzbekistan.
➢ Tashkent is awarded the 2023 AIBA Men's boxing World Boxing Championships after the successful bid presentation by the Boxing Federation of Uzbekistan
➢ 22nd edition of the competition will be the first time when Uzbekistan will be hosting it.
➢ Uzbekistan is one of the most active members of the International Boxing Association, we have rich boxing history.
2. Who became the first Indian woman sailor to qualify for the Olympics after she was assured of a top-place finish in the laser radial event of the Asian Qualifiers in Oman ______ Nethra Kumanan.
➢ The 23-year-old Kumanan has a 21-point advantage over her nearest rival, who also happens to be an Indian -- Ramya Saravanan -- in the Laser Radial Class event with one race to go.
➢ The Chennai-based Kumanan currently has 18 points while Saravanan has 39 on the penultimate day of competitions in Mussanah Open Championship, which is a joint Asian and African Olympic qualifying event.
1. Who has authored book titled ‘Names of the Women’ ______ Jeet Thayil.
➢ This book depicts extraordinary reimagining of the New Testament from the points of view of the women who became the disciples of Jesus Christ - and whose roles have been erased from the Gospels
➢ Jeet Thayil: Renowned author, best known for his book ‘Narcopolis’ which was shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize 2012 and won the DSC Prize for South Asian Literature.
2. Who has authored the book titled ‘Manohar Parrikar: Brilliant Mind, Simple Life’ ______ Nitin Gokhale.
➢ The book is published by Bloomsbury.
➢ It is an attempt to capture Parrikar’s persona — the man, the politician and the patriot. Gokhale is a renowned author, media trainer and founder of a specialised defence related website BharatShakti.in. and StratNewsGlobal.com.
3. Who has authored the book titled “Suparipalana” released by the Vice President of India, M. Venkaiah Naidu ______ Shailendra Kumar Joshi.
➢ M. Venkaiah Naidu, Vice President of India released the book “Suparipalana” authored by Dr Shailendra Kumar Joshi(SK Joshi), the former Chief Secretary of Telangana.
➢ This is the Telugu translation of SK Joshi’s book “Echo T Calling: Towards People Centric Governance”.
➢ The book was translated by AnnavarapuBrahmaiah and published by Maruthi.
1. The 11th Edition of the India-US Special Forces Exercise ‘Vajra Prahar 2021’ was conducted in which state of India ______ Himachal Pradesh.
➢ The main objective of the exercise is to enhance interoperability between the Special Forces of the two countries.
➢ Vajra Prahar is conducted alternatively between India & US to share best practices & experiences in areas like Joint Mission Planning & Operational Tactics.
2. Multinational Military Exercise titled ‘SHANTIR OGROSHENA 2021’ was held in which country ______ Bangladesh.
➢ It will be held from April 4 to 12, 2021
➢ Theme: Robust Peace Keeping Operations
➢ It is being held to commemorate birth centenary of Father of Bangladesh, Bangabandhu Mujibur Rahman
➢ Other participants: Bhutan, Sri Lankan and Bangladesh
3. DRDO’s which establishment has developed an Advanced Chaff Technology to safeguard naval ships against missile attack ______ Defence Laboratory, Jodhpur.
➢ Chaff is a passive expendable electronic countermeasure technology used worldwide to protect naval ships from enemy’s radar and Radio Frequency (RF) missile seekers.
➢ Defence Laboratory Jodhpur, a DRDO laboratory, has indigenously developed three variants of this critical technology — Short Range Chaff Rocket, Medium Range Chaff Rocket and Long Range Chaff Rocket — meeting Indian Navy’s qualitative requirements. The development of Advanced Chaff Technology by DRDO lab is another step towards Atmanirbhar Bharat.
4. Which of the following is not the part of Military Exercise La Perouse ______ Russia.
➢ Participants: Indian Navy, French Navy (FN), Royal Australian Navy (RAN), Japan Maritime Self Defence Force (JMSDF) and United States Navy (USN)
➢ It will be held for three day exercise and is being conducted in the Eastern Indian Ocean Region.