Important News – India
1. Recently, the Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) has launched an incubator capabilities enhancement program ‘AIM-iCREST’ in collaboration with________ Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Wadhwani Foundation.
➢ This is a first of its kind initiative for advancing innovation at scale in India.
➢ Under the initiative, the AIM’s incubators will be provided requisite support to foster the incubation enterprise economy in order to enhance their performance.
2. 6th BRICS Environment Ministers’ Meeting was held under the presidency of which country _______ Russia.
➢ Prakash Javadekar, Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC) participated in the meeting.
➢ The BRICS nations called the initiative to improve the environment and promote the circular economy in national plans for economic recovery after COVID-19
3. Union Minister for Road Transport, Highways and MSMEs, Nitin Gadkari upstream carriageway of Mahatma Gandhi bridge in ________ Bihar.
Fig: Longest Rail and Road Bridges in Bihar
➢ Over 5.5 km, this four lane bridge at NH-19 between Patna and Hajipur is being renovated to replace its existing concrete superstructure by new steel deck superstructure, consisting of about 6600 metric steel.
4. Who released a booklet on ‘Best Practices in Digital India Land Records Modernization Programme (DILRMP) _______ Narendra Singh Tomar.
➢ The booklet is prepared by Department of Land Resources (DoLR), Ministry of Rural Development
➢ It is based on the presentations made by states during regional and national workshops since inception of the programme.
➢ This book is a collection of different best practices that focus on addressing various issues, challenges, and threats to the implementation of DILRMP.
5. Name the app launched by Housing minister Hardeep Puri to market residential properties ________ CREDAI Awaas App.
➢ Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), Hardeep Singh Puri released the Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (ARHCs.
➢ ARHC as a sub scheme under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) as part of Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan.
➢ Objective of the scheme is to provide dignified and affordable rental accommodation to the urban poor and migrant workers.
6. As per the recommendation by the Parliamentary Committee on Labour what is the minimum eligibility period for gratuity payable to an employee on termination of his employment __________ one year.
➢ The Committee made this recommendation in its report on Social Security Code, which has been evolved subsuming nine Central Labour laws.
➢ The committee, which is headed by Biju Janta Dal MP Bharatruhari Mahtab, submitted the report to Speaker Om Birla.
7. Who has launched “Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan 2020-21”, a national level programme for popularizing science among school students of class sixth to Eleventh _________ Dr. Harsh Vardhan.
Fig: Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan
➢ Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan is an initiative of Vijnana Bharathi (VIBHA) in collaboration with Vigyan Prasar, Government of India and National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT).
➢ It is India’s largest Science talent search examination for New India using Digital Devices.
8. Which organization is planning to set up a virtual museum of securities market to highlight achievements and milestones in the Indian capital market _________SEBI.
➢ SEBI has invited Expression of Interest (EoI) from agencies to develop the virtual museum.
➢ The museum is intended to be a visual online organised collection of history of evolution, achievements and milestones in the Indian securities market over the decades in terms of market infrastructure, regulation and enforcement, among others.
9. Union Minister of Education Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank has laid the foundation stone of Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Sirmaur at Dhaula Kuan in which state _________ Himachal Pradesh.
➢ IIM Sirmaur was operationalised by IIM Lucknow from August 2015 as the mentor Institution with the commencement of the first batch of post graduate programme for 20 students from its temporary campus at Paonta Sahib, Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh.
➢ The complete full-fledged permanent campus at Dhaulakuan has been envisaged for a student strength of 1170. The Union Government has sanctioned an amount of Rs 531.75 Crore out of which Rs 392.51 Crore is for construction works.
10. A New initiative by the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) the Sahakar Cooptube NCDC Channel has been launched by __________ Narendra Singh Tomar.
➢ The channel is a new initiative by National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC).
➢ During the launch event, the minister also rolled out guidance videos made by NCDC on ‘Formation and Registration of A Cooperative’ for 18-different states in Hindi and regional languages.
11. Who is the head of the 7-member committee formed by International Financial Services Centre Authority for developing plans on international retail business ___________ Pradip Shah.
➢ The committee will make strategies enhancing IFSC position for international financial services drawing a roadmap for the growth of international retail at the IFSC
➢ The report will be submitted in 3 months
12. Which channel has been launched by Minister of Information and Broadcasting Prakash Javadekar recently __________ DD Assam.
➢ It is a 24 x 7 satellite channel which will work on the message of unity in diversity
➢ The channel will showcase rich history of Assam and other north East States.
13. India's first Kisan Special Parcel Train or Kisan Rail was from flagged off between which two stations ________ Devlali to Danapur.
➢ The train is making its first move from Maharashtra's Devlali to Bihar's Danapur Railway station with vaious stoppages carrying fruits and vegetables
➢ It will cover a distance of 1,519 km in 32 hours
➢ Kisan rail was announced in Budget 2020
14. The Government of India has extended Line of Credit of worth 18 million USD to which country to expand fishing facilities __________ Maldives.
➢ The funds granted to Maldives are to be used for the following
➢ To develop 50-tonne ice plant in Gemanafushi. Also, a 100-tonne ice storage facility is to be developed
➢ The funds will be used to set up tuna cooked plant and fishmeal plant
➢ Investments towards fish collection
Important News – State
1. Which state government has launched a public awareness campaign “Ek Mask-Anek Zindagi” from August 1-15 _______ Madhya Pradesh.
➢ The Scheme will spread awareness about wearing masks as prevention from Covid-19 infection.
➢ Establishment of Mask Banks, where people can donate masks which in turn will be distributed free to poor people.
➢ Citizens can also donate masks through NGOs in every district/urban body.
2. Which state government approved MagNet project worth Around Rs 1,000 crore to Help Farmers ________ Maharshtra.
➢ The project aims to help farmers across all districts in the state for the next 6 years.
➢ This will boost the fruit and vegetable production and will improve processing and minimise the losses in the sector of perishables.
3. Which state government has signed an MoU with Hindustan Unilever Ltd, P&G and ITC to Support Economic Empowerment of Women __________ Andhra Pradesh.
➢ The MoU was signed in the presence of Y S Jaganmohan Reddy at his camp office in Tadepalli.
➢ The state government of Andhra Pradesh is set to launch two schemes YSR Cheyutha and YSR Asara to support the empowerment of women.
4. Which of the following union territories has launched E-Gyan Mitra mobile application for online education __________ Dadra and Nagar Haveli & Daman and Diu.
➢ Through the app, the students from primary till the higher secondary can take online classes along with attempting
➢ The app will have lectures and quizzes posted by teachers along with a system of monitoring in which teachers can monitor students’ progress
5. ‘Thenzawl Golf Resort’ project has been inaugurated in which states __________ Mizoram.
➢ The project will develop Golf Tourism attracting both national and international tourist in the country
➢ It will have an international standard of 18 holes Golf Course with a total cost of Rs 92.25 crore
➢ Designed by: Canadian based Golf Course Architect Firm Graham Cooke & Associates and 30 Eco Log Huts.
6. ‘E-Raksha Bandhan’ awareness programme launched by Andhra Pradesh is related to ___________ Cybercrime.
➢ It is a month-long online campaign that will create awareness on Cyber crimes across the State with slogan ‘Let us make August a month of e-freedom and e-safety
➢ It will be organised by various organisations including Crime Investigation Department (CID), FM Radio, Cyber Crime Prevention Against Women and Children (CCPWC), Cyber Peace Foundation and other organisations.
7. Which state government has launched “Parivar Pehchan Patra” to enable the citizens to get the benefits of various central and state government schemes _________ Haryana.
➢ This is to monitor each family (around 54 Lakh) living across Haryana
➢ PPP each family will be considered as a single unit and will be allotted a 8 digit unique identification number.
➢ The 8-digit number will enable seamless delivery of state government services.
8. Which state government has entered into an MoU with the Indian School of Business (ISB) for setting up a Policy lab to spur growth with special focus on economic development and job creation _______ Andhra Pradesh.
➢ The MOU will nurture a think tank by setting up a Policy lab called the GoAP-ISB Policy Lab, a public policy laboratory to drive evidence-based policy decisions.
9. Which state is set develop India’s first Snow Leopard Conservation centre _______ Uttarakhand.
➢ The main aim of the centre is to conserve and restore Himalayan ecosystems. It also aims to conserve elusive snow leopards and other endangered Himalayan species.
➢ A number of snow leopards have been spotted in the districts of Pithoragarh and Uttarkashi. However, the actual figures are unknown.
➢ So far, the state government has concluded that there are 86 snow leopards in the state.
10. Which state government has launched “Mahila Evam Kishori Samman Yojana” to provide free sanitary napkins to girls and women of below poverty line (BPL) families __________ Haryana.
➢ This scheme was launched by Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar through video conferencing.
Fig: Haryana Govt launched Mahila Evam Kishori Samman Yojana
➢ This scheme focusing on adolescent girls and women between 10 to 45 years of age of about 11,24,871 BPL families will provide a 6 piece packet of free sanitary napkins every month for a year.
11. Which state government has launched “:Mukhya Mantri Doodh Uphar Yojana” to provide fortified flavoured skimmed milk powder to women and children _________Haryana.
➢ This scheme was launched by Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar through video conferencing.
➢ This scheme was initiated under the aegis of Integrated Child Development Scheme (ICDS), a Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS), implemented by the Ministry of Women and Child Development (MoWCD).
12. Which state government has launched “Shaheed Mahendra Karma Tendupatta Sangrahak Samajik Suraksha Yojana” for tendu leaves collectors __________ Chhattisgarh.
➢ Used for making bidis (leaf-wrapped cigarettes), these are collected by forest dwellers and from them it is purchased by the state government.
➢ Mahendra Karma was popularly known as Bastar tiger for his tough stand against Naxals.
➢ He was among 29 people, including senior Congress leaders, who were killed in a Naxal attack in Jhiram valley of Bastar district on May 25, 2013.
Important News – World
1. India collaborated with which country to develop rapid testing for COVID-19 in under 30 seconds _______ Israel.
Fig: Coronavirus test results in 30 seconds
➢ They have started to conduct trials at a special testing site at Dr Ram Manohar Lohiya (RML) Hospital on a large sample of patients for 4 different kinds of technologies namely, Voice test, Breath analyser test, Isothermal testing and Polyamino acid testing.
➢ The rapid testing has been developed jointly in cooperation with the Directorate of Defence Research and Development (DDR&D) of the Israeli Ministry of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
2. Former king of which country Juan Carlos decided to leave his country to protect the monarchy after a barrage of corruption allegations surfaced against him ________ Spain.
➢ The once-popular, now scandal-ridden, king left Spain before Monday's announcement, local media said, with no indication of where he may have gone.
➢ The bombshell move stunned Spaniards and left them divided over whether the 82-year-old, who keeps the title of King Emeritus, was right to depart or should have stayed to face justice.
3. Which of the following countries is considering minting a coin to remember Mahatma Gandhi ________ Great Britain.
➢ Rishi Sunak Britain’s current Finance Minister issued an order in a letter to the Royal Mint Advisory Committee (RMAC) to pursue recognition of individuals from the BAME community.
➢ Taking a step ahead in following the order RMAC will mint a coin to commemorate Gandhi.
4. Barakah Nuclear Plant which has achieved first criticality and successfully started up is located in which country _____________ UAE.
➢ The announcement, coinciding with the Muslim holiday of Id al-Adha, comes hot on the heels of the UAE’s launch of the Arab world’s first probe to Mars.
➢ The new plant is part of the UAE’s graph to become less reliant on oil and gas, the current source of the vast majority of its energy.
➢ UAE is among the world’s biggest fossil fuels producers.
Honor & Awards
1. Who has been conferred with the Karmaveer Chakra Award instituted by the United Nations and International Confederation of NGO (iCONGO) ________ Sunil Ydv SS.
➢ He received the award for his relentless contribution to society through his Telegram channel “SS Motivation.” He addresses social issues and motivates people every day through his channel.
➢ The awards he won last year include Rastra Prerna, Iconic Personality of India, Incredible Indian Icon and Humanitarian Excellence.
2. Which institutions has won the first prize in the Smart India Hackathon (SIH) 2020, a national-level digital product building competition _________ Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT).
➢ It was jointly organized by MHRD and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) at Noida Institute of Engineering & Technology (NIET), Uttar Pradesh.
➢ The team of DIAT named as ‘Age of Ultron’ had six members under Dr. Sunita Dhavale
➢ Prize Money: Rs 1 Lakh
3. What is the rank of Mukesh Ambani led Reliance Industries in the “FutureBrand Index 2020” ________ second.
➢ It is the only Indian Company in the Top 10 and Second Indian organisation on the ranking.
➢ In the Future Brand Index 2020 Samsung is ranked 3rd followed by Nvidia, Moutai, Nike, Microsoft, ASML, PayPal and Netflix in the top 10.
➢ Tata is ranked 65 for its technology business.
➢ The index looks at PwC's Global Top 100 Companies by Market Cap and reorders them according to global perception strength rather than on financial strength. Reliance ranked 91 on PwC's 2020 list.
4. Which film has won the Best Film Award in the 20th edition of New York Indian Film Festival (NYIFF) of Indo-American Arts Council (IAAC) _________ Moothon.
➢ It was conducted as a virtual event with the celebrities of the film industries and award winners participating from all across India and the United States.
➢ Nivin Pauly starring film Mothoon was directed by Geetu Mohandas.
➢ The movies portrays the story of a 14-year-old who travel in search of Moothon (elder brother) Akbar who left Lakshadweep for Mumbai”.
1. Famous footballer Benedikt Howedes retired recently, held from which country _________Germany.
➢ He was one of the 3 players who had played every minute for the team in the tournament.
➢ Benedikt Howedes has played 44 times for German National Team from 2011-17.
➢ In September 2007, German Football Association honored him with the Fritz Walter Medal, under-19 Gold Medal which is given to the best youth players.
2. The Indian Government has provisionally granted permission for the 13th edition of Indian Premier League’s (IPL’s) 2020 to be rescheduled in _______ UAE.
➢ BCCI has also decided to host a Women’s T20 Challenge to be held from November 1 to 10 in UAE.
➢ Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah will be the three venues of the tournament. No spectators to be allowed in the initial phase of the tournament
3. India has withdrawn from the women’s world team Squash championship scheduled to be held in ______ Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
➢ India has withdrawn from the women’s world team Squash championship scheduled in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 15th to 20th December, due to lack of preparation, time and match-readiness of its players.
➢ Squash Rackets Federation of India (SRFI) has decided to withdraw from the championship.
4. Who won the British Grand Prix (GP) 2020 _________ Lewis Hamilton.
Fig: Hamilton takes record seventh British GP win on three wheels
➢ It is officially known as the Formula 1 Pirelli British Grand Prix 2020
➢ The tournament was held at the Silverstone Circuit in Silverstone, United Kingdom(UK).
➢ This is his 7th time to win this title. He is the only racer to win most in British GP.
5. Which sports organization in association with CISCE and CBSE, will host an online program for training of Physical Education (PE) Teachers on "Khelo India Fitness Assessment of School Going Children" _________ Sports Authority of India.
➢ The program will target 7500 participants across 2615 CISCE schools
➢ It will assess the fitness levels of the school children and identify potential future champions
➢ Khelo India Fitness Assessment through Khelo India Mobile App (KIMA) will be done
➢ The session is titled ‘Whole School Approach to Fitness’.
Books and Authors
1. Who has authored the book titled ‘Greenlights’ ________ Matthew McConaughey.
➢ ‘Greenlights’ the debut book authored by Oscar-winning actor Matthew McConaughey published by Crown Publishing Group is set to be released on 20th October 2020.
➢ The book was described as “not a traditional memoir but a playbook” based on the adventures and life experiences of McConaughey.
2. Who has authored the books titled “Siyasat Mein Sadasyata” __________ Vijay Kumar Choudhary.
➢ The book is a compilation of the author’s views, three dozen articles on different important issues and his life journey.
➢ The book was published by Bihar Assembly Secretariat.
➢ The Book was released by Bihar Chief Minister, Nitish Kumar.
3. Who has authored the book titled “Vishesh: Code To Win” _________ Nirupama Yadav.
➢ The book is set to be released on August 29, the National Sports Day.
➢ The book narrates the inspirational story on the life of Vishesh Bhriguvanshi, India’s youngest basketball team captain.
4. Who has authored the book titled “RAW: A History of India’s Covert Operations” ________ Yatish Yadav.
➢ The book will give a detailed account of real spies and reveals hitherto unknown aspects of their life, trauma and temptation, triumphs and setbacks in executing each of their ‘Mission Impossible’
➢ RAW, whose founder was spymaster Rameshwar Nath Kao, was established in 1968 to satisfy the need for increased intelligence that was identified during the 1962 Sino-Indian Border War and during the Indo-Pakistan War of 1965.
5. Who has authored the book ‘Amazing Ayodhya’ that will shed light on the history of Ayodhya ________ Neena Rai.
➢ The book will be published by the publishing house Bloomsbury.➢ Amazing Ayodhya’ is an attempt in gaining knowledge of Ayodhya, its architecture and other details -- like how big was Ayodhya? How was it shaped like? What were the houses like? Who established Ayodhya? What kind of animals lived there?
Science and Defence
1. Which Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) has developed device to remotely monitor the vital signs of patients, including those infected by COVID-19 in association with healthcare startup Helyxon ________ IIT-Madras.
➢ The device has been deployed in some hospitals in Chennai.
➢ It can monitor temperature, oxygen saturation, respiratory rate and heart rate.
➢ According to the institute, the device is being used on 2,000 patients in public and private hospitals and homes too.
2. Which Indian Institute of Technology has entered into a tripartite agreement with Ministry of Defence (MoD) and Department of Administrative Reforms & Public grievances (DAR & PG) to develop Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) Technique _______IIT Kanpur.
➢ The MoU was to conduct exploratory and predictive analysis of Public Grievances received on the web based Centralized Public Grievances Redress & Monitoring System (CPGRAMS) pertaining to the MoD.
➢ The project will help the Ministry of Defence to take corrective measures in time, before a problem becomes large.
3. Name the app developed by the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) to track the daily biomedical waste ________ COVID19BWM App.
➢ The directions came on July 30, 2020, on recommendations made in a report by Environment Pollution (Prevention and Control) Authority (EPCA).
➢ It had suggested that the application be made mandatory so that the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) can track biomedical waste and ensure it is sent for treatment.
4. Name the inspection app that has been launched by the Indian Railways which will help in minimizing the train delays and long waits due to technical snags _________ Overhead Equipment (OHE).
➢ The app has been rolled out on a Pan India basis.
➢ The Overhead Equipment (OHE) app will monitor the overhead wire in real-time and if there are any defects in it, it will alert the Indian Railways.
5. India’s first mobile RT-PCR COVID lab has been launched in which of the following state ________Karnataka.
➢ Karnataka’s Medical Education Minister Dr. K Sudhakar inaugurated India’s first Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT- PCR) COVID-19 mobile Lab approved by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
➢ The mobile lab is called the Mobile Infection Testing and Reporting lab (MITR) which was developed by the Indian Institute of Science (IISC) in Bengaluru and handed over to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) in Bengaluru.