Q.1. Under whose chairmanship the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has constituted a three-member committee to review the criteria for Economically Weaker Section (EWS) reservations?
Correct Answer is Ajay Bhushan Pandey.
- The committee will comprise Former Finance Secretary Ajay Bhushan Pandey, Member Secretary ICSSR Prof VK Malhotra and Principal Economic Advisor to the Indian government Sanjeev Sanyal.
- The committee will examine various approaches followed in the country so far for identifying the economically weaker sections.
- It will also send its recommendations to the Centre in the next three weeks.
Q.2. Which ministry has launched "unique" face recognition technology that would act as a proof of ‘life certificate' for pensioners and ensure ease of living for the retired and elderly citizens?
Correct Answer is Ministry of Personnel.
- Face Recognition Technique of giving Life Certificate is a historic, far-reaching reform and this will bring ease of living for the retired and the elderly citizens.
- It will touch the lives of not only 68 lakh Central Government Pensioners but also Crores of Pensioners who fall outside the jurisdiction of EPFO and State Government Pensioners.
Q.3. With which e-Commerce platform the Ministry of Rural Development has signed an MoU to sell products made by millions of artisans under the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihood Mission (DAY-NRLM) program on the e-commerce platform?
Correct Answer is Flipkart.
- The move will help artisans reach out 10 crore of Flipkart's existing customers, thus substantially scaling their outreach.
- MoU between ministry & Flipkart will help in empowering local businesses and self-help groups (SHGs) by bringing them into the e-commerce fold.
Q.4. The IFFCO has been ranked at what position among the top 300 cooperatives in the world in the 2021 edition of the 10th Annual World Cooperative Monitor (WCM) report?
Correct Answer is First.
- WCM is a project designed to collect robust economic, organizational, and social data about cooperatives worldwide.
- The 2021 WCM report is published by the International Cooperative Alliance (ICA) and European Research Institute on Cooperative and Social Enterprises (Euricse).
Q.5. Smartphone maker Oppo India has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with which IIT to introduced the Genius+ programme to provide scholarships to outstanding students pursuing engineering courses at premium institutes?
Correct Answer is IIT Delhi.
- Under this program, Oppo said it has inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with IIT-Delhi to offer scholarships covering academic expenses for the shortlisted students.
- Genius+ program is aimed at connecting with youth at renowned institutes in India and reach out to the best talent who can further build India’s innovation portfolio.
Q.6. What is the theme of the first edition of the ‘InFinity Forum’?
Correct Answer is Beyond.
- The event is being hosted by International Financial Services Centres Authority under the aegis of Government of India in collaboration with GIFT City and Bloomberg.
- Indonesia, South Africa and the U.K. are partner countries in the first edition of the Forum.
- NITI Aayog, Invest India, FICCI and NASSCOM are some of the key partners to this year’s Infinity Forum.
- InFinity Forum will bring together leading minds of the world in policy, business and technology.
Q.7. The union government has launched which scheme for socio-economic upliftment and overall development of Scheduled Castes students by providing quality residential education to meritorious students in reputed private schools?
Correct Answer is SRESHTA.
- Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Virendra Kumar on Thursday said the Residential Education for Students in High Schools in Targeted Areas (SRESHTA) scheme will enable meritorious SC students to have a better future and aid in controlling dropout rates of students from classes 9 to 12.
Q.8. Which Technology company has launched a cybersecurity skilling program that aims to skill over one lakh learners by 2022?
Correct Answer is Microsoft.
- In a bid to address this skills gap and empower India’s workforce for a career in cybersecurity, Microsoft, on Tuesday, launched a cybersecurity skilling program that aims to skill over one lakh learners by 2022.
- The program is designed to provide a hands-on experience to learners in the fundamentals of security, compliance and identity.
Q.9. The union housing & urban affairs ministry has extended the timeline for the implementation of the Smart Cities Mission to?
Correct Answer is June 2023.
- According to an earlier deadline, the cities were expected to complete their projects within five years of being selected under the Smart Cities Mission.
- The official said all the 100 smart cities selected under the mission will now have to complete their projects by June 2023.
Q.10. The government has set a target to open about ten thousand five hundred Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendras (PMBJK’s), by?
Correct Answer is March 2025.
- In a written reply in Lok Sabha, Chemical and Fertilizers Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya said, about eight thousand 533 PMBJKs are functioning till 28th of last month. It covers all districts in the States and Union Territories of the country.
- The Minister said, the Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Bureau of India, the implementing agency of PMBJP makes regular efforts for making all the drugs of its product basket available to the consumers.
Q.1. First-ever Aharbal festival was celebrated in which state/UTs?
Correct Answer is Jammu and Kashmir.
- The festival was a collaborative effort of the Kulgam district administration and the Department of Tourism, Jammu and Kashmir.
- The waterfall is a popular tourist site in South Kashmir that attracts locals and people outside the union territory alike.
Q.2. Which state government has roped in bolloywood actor Sanjay Dutt as the brand ambassador for 50 Years of its celebration?
Correct Answer is Arunachal Pradesh.
- Known erstwhile as North Eastern Frontier Agency (NEFA), Arunachal Pradesh came into existence as a Union Territory on 20th January 1972.
- The month-long state-wide celebrations is scheduled to start on from 20th January 2022 at Ziro in Lower Subansiri district.
- It will cover all the five river basins of the state after which the first districts were named viz, Kameng, Subansiri, Siang, Lohit and Tirap.
Q.3. Which is the state partner of the 40th edition of the India International Trade Fair (IITF) 2021?
Correct Answer is Bihar.
- It was organised by the India Trade Promotion Organisation with ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’ as the theme and to further promote the idea of ‘Vocal for Local’.
- An estimated 3,000 exhibitors from India and abroad have participated in the fair. The fair was not held in 2020 due to the COVID-19.
- Piyush Goyal listed five pillars of India as Economy, Exports, Infrastructure, Demand, and Diversity.
Q.4. Which state government has signed an MoU with German Federal Employment Agency, the German government agency in charge of recruitments, for the hiring of nurses?
Correct Answer is Kerala.
- The German recruitment scheme, christened ‘Triple Win’, is the first of its kind in India held under the aegis of a government.
- More than 10,000 job opportunities are expected to come up for nurses in Germany in the post-Covid scenario.
Q.5. According to data from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), which state becomes the country's leading manufacturing hub?
Correct Answer is Gujarat.
- Gujarat has left behind Maharashtra to become the country's leading manufacturing hub, according to data from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- Gujarat saw its Gross Value Addition (GVA) in manufacturing grow by 15.9 percent annually between FY12 to FY20 to stand at Rs 5.11 lakh crore, data shows. GVA is an economic metric that measures the supply of goods and services in an economy.
- Meanwhile, Maharashtra's annual growth rate stood at nearly half of Gujarat's at 7.5 percent for the same time period and its GVA for manufacturing stood at Rs 4.34 lakh crore in FY20.
Q.1. According to the 2021 Worldwide Cost of Living Index released by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), which city has been ranked as world’s most expensive city?
Correct Answer is Tel Aviv.
- The index explored the cost of living in 173 cities, 40 more than last year, measured against impactful global events.
- It stated that prices for goods and services have risen by 3.5 per cent year-on-year, the highest inflation rate seen in the last five years.
- This year, Tel Aviv, the capital of Israel, has leaped to the top of the list, jumping past Paris and Singapore which are at a joint second ranking, followed by Zurich and Hong Kong.
Q.2. The fifth Indian Ocean Conference - IOC 2021 was held in which city of the world?
Correct Answer is Abu Dhabi.
- Indian External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar attended the conference from India.
- The theme of the Indian Ocean Conference 2021 is “Indian Ocean: Ecology, Economy, Epidemic”.
- S Jaishankar has stressed on the importance of respecting and facilitating freedom of navigation and overflight and unimpeded commerce in a globalised world.
Q.3. In December 2021, India has conducted 21st annual summit with which country to discuss the entire gamut of relations, including regional and global issues?
Correct Answer is Russia.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Russian President Vladimir Putin discussed regional and global developments, including the post-pandemic global economic recovery, and the situation in Afghanistan at the India – Russia Annual Summi
Q.4. The World Petroleum Congress, the largest triennial gathering for the industry was held in which city of America?
Correct Answer is Houston.
- Topics include the role of U.S. oil and gas in global energy markets, the shale revolution, digital evolution of oil industry, energy transition from oil, gas and coal to wind, solar and other clean technologies, and a future vision and perception of the industry at large, according to the organizers.
- The World Petroleum Congress is organized every three years by the London-based World Petroleum Council which includes 65 member countries, representing over 96 per cent of global oil and gas production and consumption.
Q.5. According to UK-based research institute MEPS that specializes in steel market, which country set to India as the world’s second largest producer of stainless steel?
Correct Answer is Indonesia.
- In the current year 2021, global production is set to log 56.8 mt, showing a growth of 11.6 per cent from the previous year.
- Despite being the world’s largest producer by far, China’s production is seen constrained by State regulations; but elsewhere in the world production is set to rise.
- As a result, in 2022, world stainless steel production is forecast to set a record of 58.2 million tonnes (mt) registering a growth of 2.5 per cent.
Q.6. In which country the World's First Floating City will be built?
Correct Answer is South Korea.
- ‘Oceanix,’ a company dedicated towards making futuristic floating cities, got backing from the United Nations Human Settlement Programme, UN-Habitat, one of the most credible organizations in the world to build a floating city in South Korea.
- An MoU was signed between the UN-Habitat, Republic of Korea, and Oceanix to build a full-fledged floating city near the banks of Busan that can withstand floods, tsunamis, and level 5 hurricanes.
Q.1. Who has won the men’s Ballon d’Or for a record seventh time?
Correct Answer is Lionel Messi.
- Apart from him, Barcelona's Alexia Putellas (27 years) won the women’s Ballon d’Or. She netted in the Champions League final against Chelsea, and in August she was named UEFA women’s player of the year.
- Cristiano Ronaldo finishes outside the top three in the Ballon d’Or for the first time since 2010.
Q.2. Name the Indian Athlete who has won the Woman of the Year Award by World Athletics for grooming talent and encouraging young girls in India to take up sports and fight for gender equality?
Correct Answer is Anju Bobby George.
- She is 2003 World Championships bronze medalist in long jump.
- She was the first Indian athlete to win bronze medal in long jump at the World Championships in Athletics held in 2013 in Paris.
- In 2004 Olympics, she finished sixth.
Q.3. Who has won the prestigious Kamaladevi Chattopadhyay NIF Book Prize 2021 for his book Naoroji: Pioneer of Indian Nationalism, a biography of one of the most significant figures in modern Indian history, Dadabhai Naoroji?
Correct Answer is Dinyar Patel.
- The New India Foundation announced the winner from a shortlist of six books, which covered a variety of themes and subjects.
- The prize carries a cash award of Rs 15 lakh and a citation. Instituted in 2018, the Kamaladevi Chattopadhyay NIF Book Prize celebrates high-quality non-fiction literature on modern and contemporary India from writers of all nationalities, published in the previous calendar year.
- The prize will be presented to Patel in a ceremony at the Bangalore International Centre
Q.4. Who has been awarded the ‘Impact Person of the Year 2020’ award instituted by the exchange4media Group, to recognize excellence in the Advertising, Media and Marketing domain?
Correct Answer is Sanjiv Puri.
- He has been awarded this title for transforming a 100-year-old company, driving ITC to change with the times, making it an incredibly stable and strong conglomerate, flexible, agile, and digitally focused too, along with turning ITC into one of the fastest-growing FMCG companies in India.
- Smriti Irani, Minister of Women and Child Development, announced the winner, chosen from a wide field of business achievers.
Q.5. Name the Indian-American mathematician who has been jointly selected for the inaugural $5,000 Ciprian Foias Prize for the "highly original work" in Operator Theory by the American Mathematical Society (AMS)?
Correct Answer is Nikhil Srivastava.
- Along with Prof. Srivastava, who teaches at the University of California, Berkeley, the two other awardees are Adam Marcus and Daniel Spielman.
- Mr Marcus holds the Chair of Combinatorial Analysis at the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) in Switzerland. Mr Spielman is Sterling Professor of Computer Science, a professor of statistics and data science, and a professor of mathematics.
Q.6. Who has been awarded the world’s highest education accolade the 2021 Yidan Prize, for Education Development, for her work in improving learning outcomes?
Correct Answer is Rukmini Banerji.
- Among Banerji's pioneering work, along with Pratham's team, is the Annual Status of Education Report (ASER) assessment approach that revealed literacy and numeracy gaps among children who have already spent several years at school.
Q.1. Which country has won the men’s Junior hockey World Cup at the Kalinga Stadium, Odisha?
Correct Answer is Argentina.
They defeated six-time champion Germany by 4-2 and won the title after a 16-year gap.
Argentina sealed their second men’s Junior World Cup title when Franco Agostini fired into an empty net in the final minute
France has defeated India to claim the 3rd place in the tournament.
Q.2. Which country has won the Asian team squash championships 2021 held in Kuala Lumpur?
Correct Answer is Malaysia.
- Malaysia defeated Indian in the final by 2-1.
- India had lost in the summit clash before in 1981 and 2012 also.
- Malaysia has also won the women’s final of the Asian team squash championships defeating Hong Kong 2-1 in the final.
Q.3. Who has won the 2021 BWF World Tour men’s Final held in Bali, Indonesia?
Correct Answer is Viktor Axelson.
- He defeated Kunlavut Vitidsarn of Thailand by 21-12, 21-8 in just 43 minutes to wrap up the men's singles title.
- South Korea's An Seyoung has won BWF World Tour Finals in women’s category by defeating India’s PV Sindu.
Q.4. Who has won the 2021 BWF World Tour women’s Final held in Bali, Indonesia?
Correct Answer is An Seyoung.
- Men's doubles, Japan's Hoki Takuro and Kobayashi Yugo beat Marcus Fernaldi Gideon and Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo from Indonesia.
Q.5. Which country has won the Davis Cup title 2021?
Correct Answer is Russia.
- They defeated Croatia 2-0 in the summit clash in Madrid.
- Andrey Rublev defeated Borna Gojo 6-4, 7-5 in the opening match and then the victory was sealed by Daniil Medvedev after he outclassed Marin Cilic.
- Medvedev defeated Cilic 7-6, 6-2 to seal the victory for Russia.
Q.6. Who won the inaugural Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2021?
Correct Answer is Lewis Hamilton.
- Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, which is scheduled to be held on 12th December, is the last race of ‘2021 Formula One World Championship’, which will decide 2021’s Winner.
- Currently the top position is shared by Max Verstappen & Lewis Hamilton with 369.5 points each.
Q.1. Who has authored the book titled ‘Public Service Ethics – A Quest for Naitik Bharat’?
Correct Answer is Prabhat Kumar.
- The book was released by the Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu.
- The book is published by IC Centre for Governance.
- The book deals with ethics in governance and public service and proposes a collective quest for ethical India or Naitik Bharat.
Q.2. Who has authored the book titled ‘The Midway Battle: Modi’s Roller-coaster Second Term’?
Correct Answer is Gautam Chintamani.
- The book mentioned the political scenario of India.
- It marks the second tenure of the current Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi.
- The Midway Battle shed light on the various legislations like the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Act, triple talaq, the Citizenship (Amendment) Act as well as farming laws.
Q.3. Who has authored the book titled ‘Indian Innings: The Journey of Indian Cricket from 1947’?
Correct Answer is Ayaz Memon.
- It is an anthology of Indian Cricket and marked several insights of Indian cricket of the last 70 years.
- The book has covered the era of veteran cricketers K N Prabhu to P N Sundaresan and Dicky Rutnagar to Ramachandra Guha and Suresh Menon, those years of famous victories consist of experiences about World Cups, various Test cricket, etc.
Q.1. 'Ekuverin' is a Joint Military Exercise between Indian army and military forces of which country?
Correct Answer is Maldives.
- The exercise will enhance synergy and inter-operability between Armed Forces of both the nations in terms of understanding transnational terrorism both on land and at sea, conducting Counter-Terrorism and CounterInsurgency Operations and sharing best military practices and experiences.
- Besides rigorous training, the joint military excercise will also include cultural and sports activities to enhance defence cooperation and bilateral relations.
- The exercise will go a long way in strengthening India’s relations with Maldives amidst emerging security dynamics in the Indian Ocean Region.
Q.2. Which IIT will launch a Global Energy Consortium to boost the transformation towards a low carbon future?
Correct Answer is IIT Madras.
- The institute believes that the energy challenges of the next generation will require inter-disciplinary approaches across multiple domains and need a strong collaborative effort across academia and industry, which will be a key focus of this initiative.
- The consortium will be launched at the IIT Madras Energy Summit to be held from December 14 to 16.
- IIT-Madras has seven dedicated research initiatives working on the energy sector. These initiatives will form the core of the Global Energy Consortium.
Q.3. With which country India has signed a contract for the indigenous production of over 6 Lakh AK-203 Assault Rifles at Korwa, UP?
Correct Answer is Russia.
- It envisages complete transfer of technology to IRRPL by Kalashnikov in manufacturing of first 70,000 weapons.
- Rest of the 5.31 lakh weapons will be completely indigenous realizing Govt’s vision of Make in India and expanding defence exports.
- The whole order will be produced in 10 years.