Important News – State
1. Andhra Pradesh (AP) has launched a doorstep pension delivery scheme named ____‘YSR Pension Kanuka’.
➢ Under the scheme various welfare pensions will be delivered to the old age pensioners. The old age pensioners age has also been reduced from 65 to 60 years.
➢ The disabled pensions (DP) will be Rs. 3000 per month whereas the pension amount for CKDU (Chronic kidney disease of unknown)/dialysis pensions will be Rs. 5,000-Rs. 10,000 per month.
2. Sale of all types of online lottery schemes has been launched by the state of ____Punjab.
➢ The govt of Punjab has banned the sale of all types of online lottery schemes under section 5 of the Lotteries (Regulation) Act 1998 in order to check for illegal sales.
➢ The act will not only check illegal lottery business but will also boost Punjab’s tax and non tax revenue.
3. 34th edition of Surajkund International Crafts Mela was held in _____Haryana.
➢ The Mela is organized by the Surajkund Mela Authority & Haryana Tourism in collaboration with Union Ministries of Tourism, Textiles, Culture and External Affairs.
➢ The main motto of this mela is to promote handicrafts,rural crafts, arts and the culture of the country and also to bring our country’s heritage among new generations.
4. The Amarkantak Narmada Mahotsa 2020 was conducted by ___Madhya Pradesh.
➢ Madhya Pradesh(MP) Government conducts the Amarkantak Narmada Mahotsa 2020 from 31st January to 2nd February 2020 in the beautiful plains of Amarkantak,MP during Narmada Jayanthi.
➢ The Narmada is a major source of drinking water, irrigation & hydroelectricity for Madhya Pradesh & Gujarat.
5. The Janasevaka scheme is launched by which state _____ Karnataka.
➢ The government of Karnataka launched the Janasevaka scheme in certain municipal corporation wards to provide home delivery of various government services like ration cards, senior citizen identity and health cards, etc.
➢ The scheme is launched by the chief minister of Karnataka Mr. Bookanakere Siddalingappa Yediyurappa, and the scheme will contain 53 services from 11 departments.
6. The first of its kind in the country, glass floor suspension bridge is being built in ____Uttarakhand.
➢ Uttarakhand government has cleared the design of a glass floor suspension bridge, the first of its kind in the country, to be built across Ganga River in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand
➢ It is being built as a replacement to iconic Lakshman Jhula which was closed in 2019 due to safety reasons.
➢ The glass floor suspension bridge design is prepared by Public Works Department (PWD).
7. For the first time which state government has decided to use drones for mapping villages _____Madhya Pradesh.
➢ This will replace the land survey work, done either manually or with the help of satellite images.
➢ In this regard, state revenue department inked an agreement with Survey of India, the country’s national mapping agency under the Ministry of Science and Technology.
8. The highest number (33,964) of women who go missing in India are from ____Maharashtra.
➢ This is as per the report titled ‘missing women and children in India’ released by National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB).
➢ It is an Indian government agency responsible for collecting and analyzing crime data.
➢ the number of missing children are maximum (10, 038) in the State of Madhya Pradesh (MP) in the year 2016, 2017 & 2018.
Important News – World
1. In the Global Go To Think Tank Index Report-2019, released by the Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program at the University of Pennsylvania, United States (US), India’s Observer Research Foundation (ORF) was ranked at ____27th.
➢ As per the report India’s Observer Research Foundation (ORF) was ranked at 27th place among 176 global think tanks.
➢ The report was topped by Carnegie Endowment for International Peace (CEIP) of US.
2. Which country has once again become a member of the Commonwealth family ____Maldives.
➢ The Maldives became the 54th family member of the Commonwealth family.
➢ In November 2018, President Mohamed Solih,cabinet passed the country’s interest to rejoin the Commonwealth family.
➢ After the positive feedback from Commonwealth observer group, who visited Maldives in April 2019 & from 53 commonwealth nations, Maldives readmitted.
3. Which country ends free entry for Indian tourists ____Bhutan.
➢ The Government of Bhutan, Thimphu decided to implement a daily fee of Rs.1200 ($17) for “regional tourists” from India, the Maldives, Bangladesh from July 2020.
➢ The fee is called SDF “Sustainable Development Fees” inorder to regulate a new tourism policy
4. In the 8th International Intellectual Property (IP) Index for 2020 India slips to ____40th rank.
➢ The US Chamber of Commerce’s Global Innovation Policy Center has released the 8th edition of International Intellectual Property (IP) Index for 2020.
➢ The report was authored by Meir Pugatch and David Torstensson.
➢ The index has been topped by the United States (US) followed by UK (United Kingdom), Sweden, France and Germany.
5. A new Children’s protection fund for India was unveiled by the Prince of _____ Britain.
➢ Britain’s Prince Charles unveiled a new Children’s protection fund for India as part of British Asian Trust.
➢ He announced Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson (Katy Perry), American singer as the new ambassador for the British Asian Trust Children’s Protection Fund for India.
➢ The British Asian Trust Children’s Protection Fund will protect the child from child labour, child sexual abuse, anti-trafficking fund in South Asia.
6. 27-nation International Religious Freedom Alliance is being launched by _____ United States.
➢ The Alliance will try to adopt a collective approach in protecting and preserving religious freedom across the world.
➢ It was announced by US Secretary of State Michael Pompeo.
➢ More than eight in ten people in the world today live in a place where they cannot practice their faith freely.
➢ So, in order to provide them religious freedom, this alliance has been launched.
7. Which country has celebrated its 72nd Independence Day on 4th February 2020 ____Sri Lanka.
➢ On this day, Sri Lanka became an independent nation after getting independence from Britain.
➢ The major change in the celebration ceremony was the National Anthem of Sri Lanka as it was sung only in Sinhala and not in Tamil language.
➢ The national anthem was used to be sung in both the languages since 2016.
8. Mohammed Tawfiq Allawi was appointed as new Prime Minister of _____ Iraq’s.
➢ Mohammed Tawfiq Allawi was appointed as Iraq’s new Prime Minister by President Barhim Salih.
➢ He will replace Adil Abdul-Mahdi who resigned in November 2019 due to anti-government protests. Mohammed Allawi served twice as communications minister under Former PM Nouri al-Maliki.
➢ The 2019 Iraq Protests was also named as Tishreen revolution (October revolution) or Iraqi Intifada.
Honor & Awards
1. The Most Promising Brand of the Year Award 2019 was won by ____ Amulya Mica.
➢ It was announced during the 7th edition of the MSME Excellence Award.
➢ The award & summit was organised by the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) at Le Maiden in New Delhi.
2. Which state has won the 1st position for its implementation of Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY) ____Madhya Pradesh.
➢ Union Minister of Women and Child Development (MoWCD) Smt Smriti Zubin Irani presented the award to Madhya Pradesh for implementation of Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY).
➢ Indore (Madhya Pradesh) has also won 1st place for better performance in PMMVY.
3. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) governor Shaktikanta Das was awarded the ‘Central Banker of the Year 2020’, Asia-Pacific by ____ The Banker magazine.
➢ The Banker Magazine is a British English-language monthly financial magazine owned by The Financial Times Ltd.
➢ Global Central Banker award 2020 has been given to Jorgovanka Tabakovi , the head of the National Bank of Serbia.
➢ As per Banker magazine, Shaktikanta Das has made many efforts to improve India’s banking system from NPAs loans to banks struggling with fraud.
4. 1st Mathrubhumi book of the year 2020 award won by ____ Vinod Shukla.
➢ He received this award from Kerala based Malayalam newspaper Mathrubhumi at the Mathrubhumi International Festival of Letters 2020.
➢ He was awarded for his translated book ‘Blue Is Like Blue’
➢ Arvind Krishna Mehrotra and Sara Rai have translated the stories of ‘Blue Is Like Blue’s into English.
5. National Kishore Kumar Samman of the Madhya Pradesh(MP) government for the year 2018 was awarded to ____ Waheeda Rehman.
➢ She will be awarded at her residence in Mumbai, Maharashtra by Culture minister of MP Vijaylaxmi Sadho.
➢ The award carries a cash prize of Rs. 2 lakh and a citation.
➢ The award couldn’t be given to Rehman during a function in 2019 as she was unwell at the time.
6. Transport Minister’s Road Safety Award 2018-19 was awarded to ___ Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC).
➢ Delhi govt’s public transport Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) has been awarded with Transport Minister’s Road Safety Award 2018-19 at an event in New Delhi.
➢ The award was given for its lowest accident rate.
➢ The award was given by the Association of State Road Transport Undertakings (Asrtu).
7. Which film won the Best Film award, in the 73rd British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA)Awards 2020 ceremony ___1917.
➢ The ceremony was hosted by Graham Norton,an Irish television and radio presenter, comedian and commentator.
➢ First World War drama ‘1917’ won the Best Film award, which was directed by Sam Mendes.The film 1917 won 7 awards including best picture & director for Sam Mendes, the 1st time he has been honoured for direction by the British academy.
8. Which company was awarded the prestigious SKOCH Award for “Boron Nitrate Based Personal Hybrid Combat Armour ” at New Delhi, India ____ Big Bang Boom Solutions Pvt Ltd.
➢ Big Bang Boom Solutions also won in the MoD (Ministry of Defence) competition around See-Through-Armour and Illegal Defence Drones in iDex (Innovations for Defence Excellence) category.
➢ BBBS was the first company to consolidate Artificial Intelligence (AI) with the defense sector.
9. Who won the lifetime achievement award instituted by the Mantralaya & Vidhimandal Vartahar Sangh for journalism in Maharshtra _____ Dinkar Keshav Raikar.
➢ Maharashtra Chief Minister (CM) Uddhav Bal Thackeray presented the Award.
➢ Raikar is a consulting editor of Lokmat Group and completed 50 years in journalism.
10. In the celebrity brand evaluation report for 2019 published by Duff & Phelps the first position was gained by ___Virat Kohli.
➢ Indian Captain Virat Kohli has retained the top position for the third consecutive time. Kohli’s brand value has gone up to $237.5 million in 2019 with a jump of 39%.
➢ Bollywood Actor Akshay Kumar becomes the 2nd position with a brand value of $104.5 million.
➢ Bollywood couple, Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone became the 3rd position with a brand value of $93.5 million each.
11. President of India Shri. Ram Nath Kovind presented the International Gandhi Awards for Leprosy to ____ Dr. N.S. Dharmashaktu.
➢ The award was instituted by Gandhi Memorial Leprosy Foundation.
➢ The awards aim to recognize the outstanding work by individuals & organisations to fight leprosy and eliminate the prejudices associated with it.
➢ India had successfully achieved levels of leprosy elimination defined as less than one case per ten thousand population.
1. Goa 2020 National Games unveils official Mascot as ____ Rubigula.
➢ ‘Rubigula’, Flame-Throated Bulbul, has been unveiled as the official mascot for the Goa 2020 National Games in Panaji, Goa. The Flame-Throated Bulbul is the state bird of Goa.
➢ Goa will be hosting the 36th edition of the National Games from 20th October to 4th November 2020.
2. Who won the Men’s single title at Australian Open 2020 ____ Novak Djokovic.
➢ Novak Djokovic from Serbia inched closer to Spain’s Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer from Switzerland on the list of male tennis players with most Grand Slam titles after capturing a record-extending 8th title at Australian Open.
➢ Novak Djokovic has become only the 3rd man to win at least 8 titles.
➢ Novak Djokovic beat Austrian Dominic Thiem in five sets to successfully defend his Australian Open men’s singles title in Melbourne, Australia.
3. Who won the Women’s single title at Australian Open 2020 ____ Sofia Kenin.
➢ Australian Open is the first of the four annual Grand Slam events among the world’s major tennis championships.
➢ The grand slam Australian Open is held annually at Melbourne Park in Melbourne, Australia.
➢ In Australian Open 2020, Sofia Kenin defeated Garbiñe Muguruza to win the Women’s Singles title.
4. The National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) has suspended weightlifter ____Ramshad AR.
➢ The National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) has suspended weightlifter Ramshad AR for a period of 2 years after being found guilty of violating the anti-doping rule.
➢ He was examined by the Doping Control Officer of NADA during the 71st Men’s National Weightlifting Championship.