Important News – India
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a video blogging competition my 'My Life, My Yoga' which is a joint by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) and which ministry _______ Ministry of AYUSH.
➢ The 'My Life, My Yoga' contest (also called 'Jeevan Yoga) is a joint effort by the Ministry of AYUSH and the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR).
➢ It focuses on the transformative impact of Yoga on the lives of individuals and it comes as one of the activities related to the observation of the sixth International Day of Yoga (IDY) coming up on June 21.
2. Which ministry in partnership with TCS iON offers free online career skills training through the National Career Service (NCS) project ________ Union Ministry of Labour and Employment.
➢ The Ministry of Labours announced that around 1 crore job seekers and 54000 employers have registered with this portal and the NCS portal has mobilized more than 73 lakh vacancies
➢ In the period of lockdown due to COVID-19 the NCS has conducted around 76 online Job fairs to reduce the gap between the employers and job seekers.
➢ NCS in partnership with HireMee, online assessment and hiring service provider, offers creation of video profiles for job-seekers.
3. India’s apex food regulator Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) comes under the purview of which ministry _________ Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
➢ The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the appointment of Arun Singhal as chief executive officer of India’s apex food regulator Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI).
➢ Singhal is special secretary, department of health and family welfare.
4. The Union Govt has announced Minimum Support Price List in which how many Minor Forest produce have been included _______23.
➢ Tribal Affairs has notified an Inclusion of 23 additional Minor Forest Produce (MFP) items and stipulation of their Minimum Support Price (MSP).
➢ This announcement was made under Central government-sponsored Scheme (2011) titled “Mechanism for Marketing of MFP through MSP and development of value chain of MFP”.
5. Which platform has been launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi to help the smaller MSMEs by solving their grievances, encouraging and supporting them to march into the big league as national and global companies ______CHAMPIONS.
➢ The portal aims to make smaller units big by supporting them, encouraging, solving their grievances, helping and handholding.
➢ It will act as one-stop shop solution of all entities of the MSME sector.
6. Which scheme has been launched by the union government for to provide affordable loans to street vendors ________ PMSAVNidhi.
➢ The PM SVANidhi or PM Street Vendors Atmanirbhar Nidhi is a credit facility scheme that will help more than 50 lakh urban and rural street vendors. The scheme will help the street vendors restart their livelihoods.
➢ Under the scheme, Rs 10,000 of credit is to be provided to street vendors. The street vendors shall return the amount as monthly installments within a year.
7. Which entity has developed a disinfection unit called Ultra Swachh ________DRDO.
➢ The Ultra Swachh Unit houses a catalytic converter that makes it environment friendly.
➢ It also holds several safety features such as door interlocks, emergency shut down, delay cycle, dual doors, leak monitors, etc.
➢ The system complies to International Standards of Industrial, Personal, Occupations and Environmental Safety.
8. Which entity has launched Real Time Electricity Market (RTM) to help discoms plan their power requirements _______ Indian Energy Exchange.
➢ The market will conduct 48 auction sessions during the day and the power will be delivered within one hour of closure of the bid session.
➢ The market, thus, will help distribution companies manage their power demand-supply variation. It will also help meet power supply needs in a better way.
9. The Government has announced that it is to provide Kisan Credit Card (KCC) to 1.5 crore ________ Dairy Farmers.
➢ The Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying in association with the Department of Financial Services has issued KCC application format to all State Milk Federation and Milk Unions for implementing the same on a mission mode.
➢ The campaign aims to provide KCC to 1.5 crore dairy farmers.
➢ The campaign is a part of the PM's Atma Nirbhar Bharat package for Farmers.
10. “Responsible AI for Youth” which will be run jointly by National e-Governance Division of Ministry of Electronics and IT and which corporate entity ________NASSCOM.
➢ Union Minister for Electronics and Information Technology(IT), Law and Justice and Communications Ravi Shankar Prasad launched India’s National Artificial Intelligence(AI) Portal called www.ai.gov.in.
➢ He also launched a National Program for the youth, “Responsible AI for Youth” during the occasion of the first anniversary of the second tenure of the government.
11. Which of the following entities has provide an end-to-end coronavirus tracking platform for Karnataka, called the Karnataka Listening Dashboard for COVID-19 _______NASSCOM.
➢ As part of the launch, NASSCOM has provided the 1st set of dashboards to state government’s use and will add more soon.
➢ The analytics-driven platform is to assist state governments in sustainable industry recovery & helps them make informed decisions to reopen their economies in a phased manner across the state.
12. The Expert Committee on Rationalization of Film Media has submitted its report recently, the committee is operating under which ministry ________ Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
➢ The committee has suggested for an umbrella configuration with four broad verticals under which the institutes should work. This includes festival, production, heritage and knowledge. The verticals are to be headed by the professionals.
➢ The committee was headed by Bimal Julka.
13. What is the name has been given to the fast-moving depression in the Arabian Sea which intensified into a severe cyclone _________ Nisarga.
➢ As per the India Meteorological Department, the impact of the cyclone is likely to be felt in Maharashtra and Gujarat.
➢ There is a concern about the impact of the cyclonic storm on the battle against Covid-19, as the rain and flooding may set back social distancing and other necessary measures at evacuation centres, and even at some Covid-19 facilities located in low-lying areas.
14. The expert panel constituted by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) under Ishaat Hussain has recommended to allow ________ Non-profit Organizations.
➢ Allowing non-profit organisations to directly list through issuance of bonds in the form of zero coupon or zero principal bonds.
➢ Zero-coupon bond is a debt security that does not pay interest but instead trades at a deep discount, drawing a profit at maturity, when the bond is redeemed for its full face value.
➢ This would help to access funds from donors, philanthropic foundations and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) spenders as they will be encouraged to buy zero coupon bonds.
15. What percent of incentive has been announced on capital expenditure in the recently launched “Promotion of Manufacturing of Electronic Components and Semiconductors (SPECS)” scheme _________ 25%.
➢ The schemes were approved by the Union Cabinet in March 2020.
➢ he Scheme for Promotion of Manufacturing of Electronic Components and Semiconductors (SPECS) will provide incentive of 25% on the capital expenditure.
➢ This is extended to certain identified lists such as semiconductor devices, electronic goods, display fabrication units, etc.
16. To foster the inclusion of LGBTQAI+ employees which company has launched a five-year plan which aims at hiring queer people and extending benefits to same-sex partners _________ Mahindra Logistics Ltd.
➢ The company’s definition of compassionate leave — which can be availed for four days by an employee in case of death of an immediate family member — will be extended to same-sex partners, under the new policy.
➢ To make the workplace more inclusive for queer employees, MLL will offer LGBTQAI+ staff counselling services on request, for them and three immediate family members, which includes their partner.
17. The union cabinet has approved to re-establish the Pharmacopoeia Commission for Indian Medicine & Homoeopathy as Subordinate Office under which ministry _________ Ministry of AYUSH.
➢ The commission has been set up by merging Pharmacopoeia Laboratory for Indian Medicine and Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia Laboratory. The two central laboratories were established at Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh in 1975.
➢ The commission is an autonomous body that operates under Ministry of AYUSH. It is in operation since 2010
18. Which progmmme has been launched by the union government to provide internship opportunities to thousands of fresh graduates and engineers of the county under the ‘Smart City’ projects ______ TULIP.
➢ The TULIP portal has been developed by AICTE.
➢ Under the internship programme students will get to work for 100 smart cities under ministry of housing and urban development.
19. Which initiative has been launched by the Government of India to map the skills of workers returning to India from overseas under the ‘Vande Bharat Mission’ _________ SWADESH.
➢ The full form of SWADESH is “Skilled Workers Arrival Database for Employment Support”.
➢ The exercise, kick-started under the Vande Bharat Mission, aims to create a database of qualified citizens based on their skillsets and experience, which can be tapped into to fulfil demand of Indian and foreign companies.
20. Which scheme has been launched by the government to develop urban forests across the country _______ Nagar Van.
➢ Stressing on the substance theme of “Biodiversity” by the United Nation’s Environment Programme (UNEP), The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change celebrated the day by announcing the initiative of urban forests in India.
➢ Urban forest are seemingly the best way to bridge the gap of climate change.
Important News – State
1. Which becomes the first state in the country to prepare one lakh beds for COVID-19 patients _______Uttar Pradesh.
➢ The beds in the hospitals are classified into three categories- Level 1, level 2 and level 3. While level one and two beds are for patients exhibiting mild symptoms, level three beds are meant for graver infections.
➢ The hospitals catering to level one patients will have facilities for oxygen support, those catering to level two patients will have a few ventilators in addition to oxygen support.
2. Which state government has signed an MoU with industry associations to create 10Lakh job for migrants ______Uttar Pradesh.
➢ The State MSME Minister Sidharth Nath Singh signed the MoU with the Industries and Business Chambers to promote the MSME sector and provide employment for around 10 lakh skilled and semi skilled workers.
➢ The migrant workers will be supported with the motto of “work to every hand and Employment to every house”
3. Which state government has launched a mobile application that will inform people in the state about the availability of the hospital beds and ventilators in the government and private hospitals _______Delhi.
➢ The Application mainly aims at providing real time information.
➢ The application will provide information related to availability of hospital beds and ventilators in the city. It is now available on Google Play.
4. Which becomes the first state to declare the internet as a fundamental right of the citizen __________ Kerala.
➢ It is to provide free internet access for the poor by December 2020 and become the first state to declare the internet as a fundamental right of the citizen.
➢ It would be implemented by Kerala State IT Infrastructure Limited and Kerala State Electricity Board(KSEB).
5. Which state occupied the first rank in the COVID 19 Management Index analysed for 10 states by the Ministry of Home Affairs, GoI _______ Rajasthan.
➢ Rajasthan has occupied first rank in the COVID-19 management index analysed for 10 States by the Central government which included parameter such as active cases, recovered cases, and mortality rate.
➢ Mortality rate in the state is 2.16%
➢ Recovery rate is 67.59%
6. Which of following state/UTs governments has launched a salary tracker mobile app ‘MeraVetan’ for government employees ______ Jammu & Kashmir.
➢ With the launch of MeraVetan App (V-1), the employees especially posted in remote & rural areas who don’t have access to the DDO will easily access their salary and other details anytime.
➢ This application developed by the National Informatics Centre(NIC) – J&K State Centre on the Android Platform to provide end to end computerization of JK Payment System(JKPaySys) application.
7. Which state government has launched a special campaign “Spandan” to check mental stress and depression among its police personnel _________ Chhattisgarh.
➢ The motive of the campaign is to prevent the force from depression and stress pushing them to take extreme steps.
➢ As part of the campaign ”Spandan”, senior police officers will visit police lines, police stations and armed forces companies to interact with the personnel to know about problems being faced by them.
Important News – World
1. Which become the first private rocket company to send astronauts to space ________ SpaceX.
➢ SpaceX's Dragon spacecraft with two NASA astronauts successfully docked with the International Space Station last night after a historic launch from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
➢ It has marked the dawn of a new age in commercial space travel.
2. The United Nations Security Council (UNSC) has extended the individual sanctions, travel ban and an arms embargo on which country till May 2021 ________ South Sudan.
➢ An arms embargo is a restriction or a set of sanctions that applies solely to weaponry.
➢ This extension has been drafted by the United States (US), which received 12 votes in favour while Russia, China and South Africa abstained it.
➢ The resolution will encourage developments in South Sudan’s peace process as the nation is emerging from a brutal six-year civil war that left 380,000 dead and millions displaced.
3. In association with which country the World Health Organization has launched COVID-19 Technology Access Pool (C-TAP) _______ Costa Rica.
➢ More than 30 countries have signed up to support this initiative. C-TAP was first proposed by Costa Rican President Carlos Alvarado in March 2020. He also joined WHO’s Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus during the video launch of the initiative.
➢ The nations who have not signed up for the WHO launched initiative are the economic powers such as France, China, Germany, Turkey, Japan, the US, and the UK.
4. What is India’s rank in the “Countries Global Ranking of Startup Ecosystem 2020” report prepared by Zurich based global innovation mapping and research company Startup Blink _________23rd.
➢ The third-largest ecosystem – India, in terms of number of technology startups, has been ranked even behind emerging ecosystems such as Estonia, Lithuania, Brazil, Denmark etc.
➢ The ranking has been led by the US, the UK, and Israel while China has improved its rank by 13 spots to 14th position this year and Japan stood at 21st spot.
5. Which space agency has partnered with NASA to host a deep-space ground station, which will support human spaceflight missions to the Moon, Mars and beyond _______ South African National Space Agency (SANSA).
➢ With this collaboration, South Africa became the fourth country after the US, Spain and Australia to host a deep space ground station.
➢ The partnership between the South African National Space Agency (SANSA) and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (Nasa) to host the space station followed an earlier agreement between the two organisations for the establishment of the station at Matjiesfontein town in the Western Cape Province.
6. With which neighboring country, India has signed an MoU on cooperation in the areas of the environment that was approved by the union cabinet ________Bhutan.
➢ A Memorandum of Understanding covering air, waste, chemical management, climate change has been considered keeping in view bilateral interest of both sides.
➢ The MoU shall come into force on the date of signing and shall continue to remain in force for a period of ten years.
7. Which of the following countries has hosted Virtual Global Vaccine Summit 2020 ________ United Kingdom.
➢ The virtual Global Vaccine Summit 2020 featured the participation of over 50 countries including the business leaders, civil society, government ministers, UN agencies, Heads of State and country leaders.
➢ During the virtual summit, India pledged a contribution of 15 Million US Dollars to Gavi, the international vaccine alliance.
8. With which country India signed Mutual Logistics Support Agreement (MLSA) to increase military inter-operability through defence exercises between the two countries ______Australia.
➢ The first India-Australia virtual leader’s summit was held between Indian Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi and his Australian counterpart Scott Morrison.
➢ The focus of the meet was to further strengthen the bilateral ties in areas like healthcare, trade and defence.
9. What is the theme of the 51st WEF annual summit to be held in January 2021 _______ The Great Reset.
➢ The announcement was made by Prince Charles of Wales and WEF Founder and Executive Klaus Schwab during a virtual meeting.
➢ WEF annual meeting will be held every year at Davos,Switzerland.50th annual WEF meeting was held from January 21-24, 2020.
Honor & Awards
1. Who becomes the only cricketer and the only Indian to feature in the Forbes’ Top 100 highest paid athletes of 2020 _________ Virat Kohli.
➢ Kohli ranked 66 with Forbes Magazine estimated earning of around 26 million USD (24 million from endorsements and 2 million from salary/winnings).
➢ Tennis player Roger Federer Tops the list for the first time with estimated earnings 106.3 million USD. He placed 4th in the 2019 list with the estimated earnings of 95million USD.
2. Who is the author of the book ‘The Great Indian Tee and Snakes’ for which she bestowed with Commonwealth short story prize 2020 for Asia region _________ Kritika Pandey.
➢ The 29-year-old writer won for her story The Great Indian Tee and Snakes, which is about two young people trying to navigate the idea of love in an era of hatred and prejudice.
➢ The story about a Hindu girl falling in love with a Muslim man had made it to the shortlist for the Asian region.
3. The World Health Organization (WHO) has accorded the “World No Tobacco Day Award 2020” to which of the following NGO _______ SEEDS.
➢ SEEDS has been working closely with the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare to prevent & control smokeless tobacco use.
➢ Deepak Mishra, executive director of the SEEDS has been nominated by the ministry as a member of the task force on the de-addiction campaign
4. Who among the following is the only Indian celebrities to find a place in the Forbes 100 list of world's highest paid celebrities during June 2019 to May 2020 ________Akshay Kumar.
➢ With an estimated pre-tax earnings of USD 48.5 million (roughly Rs 366 crore) during June 2019 to May 2020.
➢ Forbes puts Akshay at the 52nd spot in the list topped by makeup mogul Kylie Jenner, whose estimated earnings during the same time were USD 590 million (roughly Rs 4,453 crore).
5. Who has been named as EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year 2020 _______ Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw.
➢ Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw became the 2nd woman to hold the title, following Olivia Lum of Hyflux Limited from Singapore in 2011.
➢ She was chosen for this title among 46 entrepreneurs from 41 countries.
6. Which Indian Airport received Platinum Recognition in ACI Asia-Pacific Green Airports recognition 2020 ______ Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad.
➢ The focus of Green Airport Recognition 2020 is Water Management.
➢ The Airports Council International(ACI) awarded the highest Platinum Recognition on World Environment Day.
1. Name the cricketer who has been nominated by the BCCI for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Awards 2020 _______Rohit Sharma.
➢ The period of consideration for a person to get nominated is from January 2016 to December 2019.
➢ Rohit has become the first T20 cricketer to score four centuries. Also, he holds record of 150 plus score in around 8 ODIs.
➢ He also holds the greatest number of centuries in ODI matches since 2017, that numbered to 18.
2. Name the Indian long distance who has been slapped with four year ban by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) _______ Kiranjeet Kaur.
➢ The period of her ban started from December 15 and on February 26 she was provisionally suspended by World Athletics.
➢ The Athletics Integrity Unit(AIU) disqualified Kaur from all the competitive results from 15th December 2019 to 26th February 2020.
3. In association with which entity the Sports Authority of India (SAI) has launched India’s 1st -ever national-level open online coaching and education programme called “Khelo India e-Pathshala” ________ National Sports Federations (NSF).
➢ Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Kiren Rijiju and Union Minister of Tribal Affairs and Archery Association of India president Arjun Munda have inaugurated the programme via a webinar.
➢ A total of 21 games are included in this program, where veteran players showcase their technical skills and talk to young players and help them improve their technical and overall game.
4. Which country will host Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Women’s Asian Cup 2022 _______India.
➢ The tournament is likely to be held in the 2nd half of the year.
➢ The tournament will feature 12 teams from an earlier slot of 8 teams.