Q1. Who has been appointed as the Managing Director (MD) Kotak Mahindra Life Insurance Company Limited (KLI) for a period of 3 years starting from 1st May 2021?
Correct Answer is Mahesh Balasubramanian.
- He has been appointed for a period of 3 years starting from 1st May 2021.
- He has been appointed following the retirement of G Murlidhar.
- KLI is in receipt of approval from the Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India (IRDAI) for the appointment of Balasubramanian.
Q2. Vaishali S Hiwase held from which state who became the first woman officer to be appointed as officer commanding in the Border Roads Organisation (BRO)?
Correct Answer is Maharashtra.
- She will be responsible for providing connectivity through an Indo-China border road.
- She is from Maharastra is M Tech and after successfully completing a demanding tenure in Kargil the Women Officer has taken over the command to undertake this challenge of cutting through the rocks.
Q3. Who has been appointed as the 4th Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India?
Correct Answer is T Rabi Sankar.
- ACC has cleared his appointment for a period of 3 years or till his date of superannuation.
- He succeeds B P Kanungo, who retired on 2nd April 2021 after serving one year extension period.
- RBI cannot hold more than 4 deputy governors. The other 3 Deputy Governors of RBI are Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael D Patra and Rajeshwar Rao.
Q4. Who has been appointed as Acting Chairperson of National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) with effect from April 25, 2021?
Correct Answer is Justice Prafulla Chandra Pant.
- He Succeeds Justice H.L. Dattu, whose tenure ended on December 2, 2020.
- His appointment was authorized by President of India, Ram Nath Kovind.
- The term of office of the NHRC Chairperson and members of the NHRC is for five years or till the age of 70 years, whichever is earlier.
Q5. Who has been appointed as the chief minister of Tamil Nadu?
Correct Answer is MK Stalin.
- The 68-year-old is the son of the former five-term Tamil Nadu chief minister, the late M Karunanidhi.
- The DMK-led alliance won 159 seats, well ahead of the majority mark of 118 seats. The party alone won 133 seats in the election.
Q6. Who has been appointed as the Director of the Indian Institute of Rice Research (IIRR)?
Correct Answer is Raman Meenakshi Sundaram.
- Prior to this elevation, he was working as Principal Scientist (Biotechnology) at the institute crop Improvement Section.
- He is a scientist of global repute working in the area of rice biotechnology, molecular breeding, and genomics and has over 160 research papers in national and international journals of repute and has published several books, book chapters and popular articles.
Q1. Union Finance Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman virtually inaugurated India’s first 3D printed house at which IIT?
Correct Answer is IIT Madras.
- The single-storey home has been built in just five days over an area of about 600 sq. ft using ‘Concrete 3D Printing”
- TVASTA Manufacturing Solutions, a start-up founded by IIT-M alumni in association with Habitat for Humanity’s Terwilliger Centre for Innovation in Shelter built the 3D Printed House.
- The 3D Printed House would help to meet the deadline of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of the ‘housing for all’ scheme by 2022.
Q2. Which foundation has partnered with the not-for-profit organisation, Sustainable Environment and Ecological Development Society (SEEDS) to launch a community COVID-19 vaccination drive and set up COVID care centres?
Correct Answer is PepsiCo Foundation.
- As part of the partnership, SEEDS will drive Covid-19 vaccinations for the community at large, set up Covid care centres equipped with beds and medical facilities, including oxygen cylinders.
- SEEDS is a not-for-profit organization.
Q3. With Which country India has adopted ‘Roadmap 2030’ which aims to elevate bilateral ties to ‘Comprehensive Strategic Partnership?
Correct Answer is United Kingdom.
- During the summit, the two leaders adopted ‘Roadmap 2030’ which aims to elevate bilateral ties to ‘Comprehensive Strategic Partnership’.
- The UK finalised new deals/trade worth 1 Billion British Pound Sterling (GBP) to create 6,500 jobs in the UK.
- They also agreed/announced 9 Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs)/Declarations during the summit.
Q4. Recently, the first-ever electric tractor in India has been tested at the Central Farm Machinery Training and Testing Institute which is located in?
Correct Answer is Madhya Pradesh.
- This new electric tractor will be more environmentally friendly than other types of tractors.
- The Central Farm Machinery Training and Testing Institute at Budni is a premier institute under the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare. It is located in the state of Madhya Pradesh.
Q5. On the sidelines of the G7 Foreign Ministers’ Meeting, the first-ever India-France-Australia Trilateral Foreign Ministerial Dialogue was held in?
Correct Answer is London.
- The first-ever India-France-Australia Trilateral Foreign Ministerial Dialogue was held in London, UK, on the sidelines of the G7 Foreign Ministers’ Meeting.
- The meeting was attended by External Affairs Minister, Dr S. Jaishankar from India, France’s Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs, Mr Jean-Yves Le Drian and Australia’s Minister for Foreign Affairs, Senator Marise Payne.
Q6. The Nation’s first ‘Drive in Vaccination Center’ was inaugurated by MP Rahul Shewale in?
Correct Answer is Mumbai.
- This center has been set up in the parking lot of Kohinoor Square Tower at Dadar.
- This first of its kind ‘Drive-in Vaccination Center’ facility has been made available to the citizens at a time when people with disabilities are facing difficulties in getting to the vaccination center.
Q7. With which entity the National Dairy Development Board signed an MoU to promote efficient renewable technologies in the dairy industry?
Correct Answer is Energy Efficiency Services Ltd.
- NDDB and EESL will work to design and develop innovative energy-efficient business solutions (innovative business models) for dairy cooperative institutions.
- They collaborate with different agencies for adopting non-conventional energy-generating facilities for the disposal of crop residues/agricultural waste and bio waste in an environment-friendly manner.
Q8. 2021 G20 Tourism Ministers’ Meeting was held in which country that was attended by the Union Minister of State for Tourism & Culture (I/c) Shri Prahlad Singh Patel virtually?
Correct Answer is Italy.
- Mr Massimo Garavaglia, Minister of Tourism,Government of Italy Chaired the meeting.
- India will support the Principles for the transition to a green travel and tourism economy submitted by United Nation World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) as a further contribution to the policy area “Green Transformation” to embrace sustainability in tourism.
Q9. The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting announced a year-long celebrations to Mark birth centenary of which filmmaker?
Correct Answer is Satyajit Ray.
- Satyaji Ray (May 2, 1921-April 23, 1992) was a renowned filmmaker, writer, illustrator, graphic designer and music composer.
- He started his career in advertising and found inspiration for his first film, Pather Panchali, while illustrating the children's version of the novel by Bibhutibhushan Bandopadhyay.
Q10. What amount has been released by the central govt for State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF) to all the States for COVID-19 containment measures?
Correct Answer is Rs 8,873 crore.
- The States can use up to 50 percent of the released amount for COVID-19 containment measures.
- It includes meeting the cost of oxygen generation and storage plants in hospitals, ventilators, strengthening ambulance services, COVID-19 hospitals, thermal scanners, personal protective equipment, testing laboratories and testing kits.
Q11. What additional amount has been decided to provide to states as as interest free 50 year loan for spending on capital projects?
Correct Answer is Rs 15,000 crores.
- The Department of Expenditure has issued fresh guidelines in this regard on the Scheme of Financial Assistance to States for Capital Expenditure for the financial year 2021-22.
- This helped to sustain state level capital expenditure in the pandemic year. In view of the positive response to the scheme and considering the requests of the State Governments, the Government has decided to continue the scheme in the year 2021-22.
Q12. The Union Cabinet has approved the signing of an MoU on Migration and Mobility Partnership between India and which country?
Correct Answer is UK.
- The MoU will benefit Indian students, academics, and researchers, migrants for professional and economic reasons and those willing to contribute through various projects to the economic development of both countries.
- It can support the innovation ecosystem in both countries by facilitating free flow of talent.
Q1. In which state/UTs the Indian Army has Inaugurated its first Green Solar Energy Harnessing Plant of 56 KVA (KiloVoltAmpere)?
Correct Answer is Sikkim.
- The Plant uses Vanadium based battery Technology and is situated at an Altitude of 16000 Ft.
- The project has been completed in collaboration with IIT Mumbai.
- It was completed by a team from IIT Mumbai which was led by Professor Prakash Ghosh and troops of the Indian Army.
Q2. Which state government has initiated ‘Parvat Dhara Yojana’ to revive, recharge aquifers and conserve natural resources of water in the state?
Correct Answer is Himachal Pradesh.
- It is set to be implemented in 10 districts of Himachal Pradesh.
- An outlay of INR 20 Crore has been set aside for implementation of the scheme.
- Forest Department of Himachal Pradesh will implement the scheme in forest areas.
- The scheme was announced in the Himachal Pradesh State Budget for the FY 2021-22.
Q3. Which state government has declared working journalists as Frontline Covid Warriors and have been covered under Gopabandhu Sambadika Swasthya Bima Yojana?
Correct Answer is Odisha.
- This announcement was made under the Gopabandhu Sambadika Swasthya Bima Yojana.
- With these more than 6,500 journalists are to be benefitted in the state.
- Launched in 2018, Gopabandhu Sambadika Swasthya Bima Yojana is a health insurance scheme that was introduced for the journalists by the Odisha state government.
Q4. Which state government has launched the first of its kind Auro Scholarship Programme of Sri Aurobindo Society for all the students of state?
Correct Answer is Tripura.
- Auro Scholar is the World’s first Micro Scholarship programme aimed to encourage the students to improve their learning.
- Sri Aurobindo Society partnered with the Government of Tripura to make the scholarship accessible to all the students of Tripura.
Q5. Which State government has launched the Corona Warriors Scheme?
Correct Answer is Madhya Pradesh.
- The government will take the responsibility of family members of health workers who have passed away while on Corona duty.
- Their families will be given honorarium of Rs 50 lakhs by the government.
Q1. Alstom is a rolling stock manufacturer of which country that successfully manufactured and delivered its 100th Electric Locomotive to the Indian Railways.
Correct Answer is France.
- It successfully manufactured and delivered its 100th Electric Locomotive to the Indian Railways.
- It is part of the 3.5 Billion Euro contract signed between the Ministry of Railways, India & Alstom in 2015 for delivery of 800 fully electric high-powered double-section locomotives of 12,000 HorsePower (HP) (9 MW).
- It is the Largest Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Project in the Indian Railway sector.
Q2. The Global Forest Goals Report 2021 has been released by which of the following institutions?
Correct Answer is UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs.
- The UN has released its Global Forest Goals Report 2021.
- The Report has been prepared by the Department of Economic and Social Affairs of the UN.
- According to the report, the Covid-19 pandemic has aggravated the challenges faced by countries in managing their forests.
- It provides an initial overview of the progress of Goals and targets contained within the United Nations Strategic Plan for Forests 2030.
Q3. The world’s longest pedestrian suspension bridge has been opened in which country?
Correct Answer is Portugal.
- It will attract tourists and help to revive a region whose economy was devastated by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The bridge hangs 175 meters above the fast-flowing River Paiva.
- It is Hidden between rock-strewn mountains covered with lush greenery and yellow flowers inside the UNESCOrecognised Arouca Geopark.
Q4. 44 people were killed in a stampede that occurred at a religious gathering at Mount Meron that is located in which country?
Correct Answer is Israel.
- The tragedy struck when a large number of Jewish pilgrims had gathered at the site of the reputed tomb of Rabbi Shimon Bar Yochai, a second-century Talmudic sage.
- It started after some attendees slipped on steps, which caused dozens more to fall.
- Authorities say at least 44 people have been killed and about 150 injured.
Q5. Which country has approved the proposed sale of 6 Poseidon-8I (P-8I) Patrol Aircraft and other equipment to India?
Correct Answer is USA.
- It is being procured by the Indian Government for use by the Indian Navy.
- The P-8I Patrol Aircrafts are produced by Boeing, an American Aerospace & Defense Company.
- In November 2019, the Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) chaired by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh approved the procurement of the P-8I Aircrafts and other equipment.
Q1. Who has been honoured with the 3rd highest order decoration of Japan, Order of the Rising Sun, under the class Gold and Silver Rays from the Consulate-General of Japan in Bengaluru, Karnataka?
Correct Answer is Shyamala Ganesh.
- She received the order for her contribution in spreading the Japanese culture and language in Karnataka and other parts of India and for promoting the friendship and goodwill between Japan and India.
- She is also the former President of the Bengaluru Chapter of Ohara-Ryu Ikebana and supported to popularise the cultural traditions of Ikebana, Japanese flower arrangements. Along with her husband Ganesh she has started a Japanese language school in 1983.
Q2. The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (I&B) has instituted the “Satyajit Ray Lifetime Achievement Award for Excellence in Cinema” from 20021, which will be given every year at?
Correct Answer is International Film Festival of India (IFFI).
- The award consists of a cash prize of Rs 10 lakh, a certificate, shawl along with a silver peacock medal and a scroll.
- The award is instituted as a part of the celebration of the birth centenary of Bharat Ratna Awardee Satyajit Ray, who was born on 2nd May 1921 in Kolkata, West Bengal.
Q3. Maria Ressa is an investigative journalist and media executive of which country who has been named as the 2021 laureate of the UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize.
Correct Answer is Philippines.
- The $25,000 prize “recognizes outstanding contributions to the defence or promotion of press freedom especially in the face of danger,” according to UNESCO.
- The prize was named after Guillermo Cano Isaza, the Colombian journalist.
- Over a career spanning more than thirty years, Ressa has worked as CNN’s lead investigative reporter for Asia and the head of ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs.
Q4. Who will be honoured with the Icon Award at the 2021 Billboard Music Awards (BBMAs)?
Correct Answer is Pink.
- The award aims to recognize artists who have achieved success on the Billboard charts and left an indelible impact on music.
- Pink joins previous honourees that include Neil Diamond, Stevie Wonder, Prince, Jennifer Lopez, Celine Dion, Cher, Janet Jackson, Mariah Carey and Garth Brooks.
Q5. Who has been honored with the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award, an Oscar statue, at the 93rd Academy Awards 2021 Ceremony?
Correct Answer is Tyler Perry.
- He was honoured for his contribution towards the recovery of the entertainment industry amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award is presented to an individual in the motion picture industry whose humanitarian efforts have brought credit to the industry.
Q1. Who has won the women's singles title in the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix 2021 in Stuttgart?
Correct Answer is Ashleigh Barty.
- Australian tennis star beats Aryna Sabalenka of Belarus in the final.
- She also won the women's double title partnering with Jennifer Brady.
- It was her first European tournament on clay since triumphing in the 2019 French Open.
Q2. Due to rising Covid cases in India the Boxing Federation of India (BFI), in consultation with the Asian Boxing Confederation (ASBC) decided to conduct the 2021 Asian Elite Men and Women Boxing Championships in?
Correct Answer is Dubai, UAE.
- The tournament was scheduled to be held at Delhi’s Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium from May 21 to 31, 2021.
- Now the event will be held between May 21 to June 1, 2021 and will be organized by BFI along with UAE Boxing Federation.
- Under the championship, the Indian women’s team will be led by the MC Mary Kom (51kg) and the men’s team is not yet announced.
Q3. Who has won the Portuguese Grand Prix 2021?
Correct Answer is Lewis Hamilton.
- He defeated Red Bull's Max Verstappen to eight points after three races.
- Verstappen finished second at the Algarve circuit with Mercedes' Valtteri Bottas completing the podium, and taking a bonus point for the fastest lap, after starting from pole position.
Q4. Name the Indian sports person who has been nominated as athlete ambassadors for the International Olympic Committee’s (IOC) ‘Believe in Sport’ campaign aimed at preventing competition manipulation?
Correct Answer is PV Sindhu.
- The Badminton World Federation announced that India shuttler PV Sindhu and Canada’s Michelle Li have been nominated as athlete ambassadors for the International Olympic Committee’s (IOC) ‘Believe in Sport’ campaign aimed at preventing competition manipulation.
- Sindhu and Li will be working alongside other athlete ambassadors from around the world to raise awareness on the topic of competition manipulation amongst athletes and encourage.
- The pair have been global ambassadors for BWF’s ‘i am badminton’ campaign since April 2020.
Q5. Name the Indian gymnast who has qualified for Tokyo Olympics through Asian quota?
Correct Answer is Pranati Nayak.
- She has won the bronze in vault at the Asian Artistic Gymnastics Championship 2019.
- She has qualified through the Asian quota.
- She is the 2nd reserve after Elpitiya Badalge Dona Milka Geh of Sri Lanka for the Asian quota.
- Both the Gymnasts will compete in the Olympics starting on 23rd July 2021.
Q6. Asian Games gold medalist Colonel Gulam Mohammad Khan (retired) passed away recently, he was associated with which sports?
Correct Answer is Riding.
- From 1980 to 1990, he captained the ASC team, during which time his team won the National title six times and he became individual National Champion (Eventing) four times.
- As a member of the team that won the gold medal in Eventing at the 1982 Asian Games in Delhi, Col Khan clinched the individual silver medal riding Goodwill.
Q7. Mark Selby belongs to which country who has become the World Snooker Champion for the fourth time?
Correct Answer is England.
- He won the Championship title after defeating fellow mate Shaun Murphy by 18-15 victory at a professional snooker tournament, that took place from 17 April to 3 May 2021 at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield, England.
- Prior to this, Selby won the Championship title in 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2021.
Q8. Who won the 2021 World Snooker Championship?
Correct Answer is Mark Selby.
- This is his 4th World Championship. The Championship held in Crucible Theatre, Sheffield, England.
- The Championship was organized by the World Snooker Tour, a subsidiary of the World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association (WPBSA).
Q9. Name the Indian weightlifter who clinched gold medal in the 45kg category at the Asian Weightlifting Championship in Tashkent, Uzbekistan?
Correct Answer is Jhilli Dalabehera.
- India’s Jhilli Dalabehera clinched the gold medal in the 45kg category at the Asian Weightlifting Championship in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
- It was only a two-lifter field as Dalabehera made the most of the opportunity to better her record at the continental level.
Q1. Who translated Satyajit Ray’s book titled “Another Dozen Stories” from Bengali to English?
Correct Answer is Indrani Majumdar.
- The book was released on 2nd May 2021, the 100th Birth anniversary of Satyajit Ray, one of India’s greatest filmmakers.
- The foreword of the book was written by veteran actress Sharmila Tagore.
- The book was published by Penguin India.
Q2. Who has authored the book titled “The Bench”?
Correct Answer is Meghan Markle.
- The book is published by Random House Children’s Books.
- The illustrations of the book are done by award-winning artist Christian Robinson.
- The book was inspired by the relationship between fathers and sons.
- The audiobook edition of the book narrated by Megahan will also be released in June.
Q3. Who has authored the book titled Bengal 2021, An Election Diary?
Correct Answer is Deep Halder.
- This book speaks about the electrifying election that took place in West Bengal,amid the times of Covid-19.
- Deep Halder is the author of Blood Island: An Oral History of the Marichjhapi Massacre.
- He has been a journalist for almost two decades, writing on issues of development at the intersection of religion, caste and politics.
Q1. The North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) launched the Joint Multinational Military Exercise ‘DEFENDER-Europe 21’ in which country?
Correct Answer is Albania.
- ‘DEFENDER-Europe 21’ is led by the United States (US). It is an annual exercise held between US and NATO Countries to build readiness and interoperability.
- Around 28, 000 US & NATO forces from 26 nations participated in the drills.
- It is the 1st such large-scale drills since World War-II in the Western Balkans region.
- NATO is an International Alliance of 30 countries from North America and Europe.
Q2. Startup Incubation and Innovation Centre (SIIC) of which IIT has launched ‘Mission Bharat O2’ challenge to develop indigenous solutions for solving India’s oxygen crisis?
Correct Answer is IIT Kanpur.
- SIIC aims to support innovative minds of India to set up more than 20,000 oxygen generation units and work with a set of manufacturers in different regions of India with a target production capacity of 100 units per day.