Q.1 Which fintech firm is set to acquire India’s earliest payment gateway BillDesk in an all-cash transaction of $4.7 billion.
Correct Answer is PayU.
- This will be the largest acquisition in India’s digital payments space.
- The deal will also give exit to investors General Atlantic, TA Associates, Temasek, Clearstone Ventures, and Visa.
Q.2. According to Morgan Stanley what will be the India’s GDP growth rate for FY2022.
Correct Answer is 10.5 per cent.
- GDP growth is expected to move into positive territory on a two-year CAGR basis from QE September. GDP grew 20.1 per cent year-on-year in the quarter ending June.
- On a two-year CAGR basis, real GDP contracted 4.7 per cent in QE June versus plus 2.3 per cent in QE March.
Q.3. Which Small Finance Bank (SFB) has launched a new initiative enabling Google Pay users to book fixed deposits (FDs).
Correct Answer is Equitas Small Finance Bank.
- Initially, this functionality will be available for Google Pay users who are accessing the app from Android.
- The deposits in Equitas are covered by a deposit guarantee upto ₹5 lakh per depositor.
- On maturity, principal and interest of the FD go directly to the Google Pay user’s existing bank account.
Q.4. BharatPe announced a strategic partnership with which bank under which the bank will act as the acquiring bank for BharatPe’s point of sale (PoS) business BharatSwipe.
Correct Answer is Axis Bank.
- This association will help BharatPe enhance the merchant experience by leveraging best-in-class technology platform offered by Axis Bank.
- Axis Bank is the third largest PoS acquiring bank in the payments acceptance business in India.
Q.5. Which bank has opened a floating ATM on a Houseboat at Dal Lake in Jammu and Kashmir’s Srinagar for the convenience of locals and tourists.
Correct Answer is State Bank of India.
- The floating ATM was inaugurated by SBI Chairman Dinesh Khare.
- This is not the first time that SBI has launched a floating ATM as back in 2004, the bank took this initiative in Kerala.
Q.6. Under whose chairmanship the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has will set up a committee to scrutinize applications and give recommendations on new umbrella entity (NUE) licences.
Correct Answer is P Vasudevan.
- The five-member committee will be headed by RBI chief general manager P Vasudevan
- NUEs will establish their own payment infrastructure to compete with National Payments Corp. of India (NPCI).
- The system will be focussed on small and medium enterprises, merchants and consumers
Q.7. The New Development Bank (NDB) has approved which country as its new member.
Correct Answer is Bangladesh.
- The NDB Board of Governors initiated the negotiation to expand its membership in 2020.
- It has now approved the United Arab Emirates, Uruguay and Bangladesh as its first new member countries.
- Since the beginning of its operations, NDB has approved about 80 projects totaling a portfolio of USD 30 billion.
Q.8. Central banks of four countries have launched digital currencies (CBDC) scheme, which one in not among them.
Correct Answer is India.
- It is a cross border payments trial that uses different central bank digital currencies (CBDC) in order to assess if this allows transactions to be settled in a cheap and easy manner.
- Many governments and central banks around the world are exploring the use of CBDCs, which are digital forms of existing currencies.
Q.9. Which private life insurance company will acquire Exide Life Insurance from Exide Industries in a deal worth ₹6,687 crore.
Correct Answer is HDFC Life Insurance.
- HDFC Life will acquire 100% stake in Exide Life Insurance from Exide Industries via issuance of 8,70,22,222 shares at an issue price of ₹685 per share and a cash payout of ₹726 crore aggregating to ₹6,687 crore.
- The process for merger of Exide Life into HDFC Life will be initiated on completion of the acquisition.
Q.10. HDFC Life Insurance has acquired Exide Life Insurance from Exide Industries in how much amount.
Correct Answer is Rs. 6,687 crores.
- HDFC Life will acquire 100% stake in Exide Life Insurance from Exide Industries via issuance of 8,70,22,222 shares at an issue price of ₹685 per share and a cash payout of ₹726 crore aggregating to ₹6,687 crore
- The process for merger of Exide Life into HDFC Life will be initiated on completion of the acquisition.
Q.11. Which power company has been conferred with prestigious Dun & Bradstreet – Corporate Award 2021 in the category of Best Growth Performance-Power.
Correct Answer is Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam (SJVN).
- The award has been presented in a virtual conference titled India’s Top 500 Companies 2021.
- For more than two decades, Dun & Bradstreet has been compiling the list of India’s Top 500 Companies, which represent the leaders among Corporate India, and the driving force of the Indian economy.
Q.12. According to RBI, How much India’s holding of IMF’s special drawing rights has risen.
Correct Answer is USD 19.41 billion.
- The Reserve Bank said India’s holding of IMF’s Special Drawing Rights (SDR) has gone up to SDR 13.66 billion which is equivalent to USD 19.41 billion as per exchange rate.
Q.13. Which Private sector Bank has launched credit card in partnership with Visa.
Correct Answer is Federal Bank.
- The private sector lender has partnered with the global card network Visa for issuing its credit card to its existing customers.
- Federal Bank has launched three variants of the new credit card - Celesta, Imperio and Signet.
- All three variants offer various benefits to customers. Each card caters to a different set of customers.
Q.14. How much amount of Line of credit has been extended to Maldives by EXIM Bank.
Correct Answer is USD 40 million.
- With this, Exim Bank till date has extended five LOCs to Maldives, on behalf of the Indian government, taking the total value of LOCs to USD 1.33 billion
Q.15. Which payments and financial services company announced the launch of ‘Pulse Platform’ an an interactive geospatial website, which provides insights and granular data on digital payment trends in India.
Correct Answer is PhonePe.
- At present, the data on the platform is from the PhonePe’s network, which currently owns 45% market share in India’s unified payments interface (UPI) landscape.
Q.16. In September 2021, Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has bought 3.9 per cent equity shares in which Stateowned Bank through an open market transaction.
Correct Answer is Bank of India.
- LIC has picked up nearly 3.9 per cent (15,90,07,791 shares) of the bank through open market acquisition on September 2, 2021.
- Before the latest acquisition of shares in the bank, LIC held over a 3.17 per cent stake in the state-owned bank.
Q.17. Which small finance bank has roped in Indian women hockey player, Rani Rampal and cricketer Smriti Mandhana as the brand ambassadors of the company.
Correct Answer is Equitas Small Finance Bank.
- The announcement was made during the 5th anniversary of the ESFB on September 5, 2021.
- Equitas Small Finance Bank (ESFB) headquarter – Chennai.
Q.18. Which petroleum company has unveiled its branded store ‘Happy Shop’ in Mumbai marking its foray into non-fuel retailing.
Correct Answer is HPCL.
- This is the HPCL’s latest offering at its Club HP retail outlet.
- Store will provide home utility products including food, toiletries, healthcare products, bakery products, groceries, medicines and more.
- Apart from this, customer will be able to browse the merchandise on HPCL’s HP-Pay App (available on Play store/App Store).
Q.19. Which general insurance company has received the final nod from the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) for its acquisition of Bharti Axa General Insurance.
Correct Answer is ICICI Lombard General Insurance.
- The insurance regulator IRDAI’s final approval for the merger of the two general insurance businesses comes over a year after ICICI Lombard bought out Bharti Axa in an all-stocks deal that reportedly valued the latter at over Rs 2,500 crore.
Q.20. Which company partnered with Indian Mortgage Guarantee Corporation for mortgage guarantee-backed home loans.
Correct Answer is Clix Housing Finance.
- Mortgage Guarantee backed home loans will broaden Clix HFL’s coverage of home loan products and customer segments enabling more business while also supporting the flagship mission of Government of India of “Housing for All by 2022.
Q.1. Veteran sportsman Vasudeo Paranjape passed away recently he was associated with which sports.
Correct Answer is Cricket.
- He played a crucial role in shaping the careers of numerous Indian cricket players
- He was popularly known as Vasoo.
- He had played in 29 first-class matches for Mumbai and Baroda cricket team, with 785 runs.
Q.2. Renowned personality Sidharth Shukla passed away recently, he was a veteran.
Correct Answer is Actor.
- Well known for being the winner of popular reality show Bigg Boss season 13, Sidharth Shukla started his career with the show Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na.
- In 2014, Sidharth Shukla also made his Bollywood debut. He featured in Karan Johar-produced and Varun Dhawan-Alia Bhatt starrer, Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania. He played a supporting role in the film.
Q.3. Two-term Rajya Sabha MP Chandan Mitra passed away recently, he was also a veteran.
Correct Answer is Journalist.
- Editor and managing director of The Pioneer newspaper, Mitra had been unwell for the past one year.
- Considered a prominent right-wing intellectual he was first nominated to the Rajya Sabha by the BJP in 2003.
- Mitra started his journalism career with The Statesman in Kolkata.
Q.4. Separatist leader and pro-Pakistan supporter Syed Ali Shah Geelani passed away recently, he belonged to which separatist group.
Correct Answer is Tehreek-e-Hurriyat.
- He was well known for spearheaded the separatist movement in Jammu and Kashmir for over three decades.
- A three-time MLA in the erstwhile state from Sopore, Geelani had virtually become the face of agitation in the 2008 Amarnath land row, 2010 agitation sparked by killing of a youth in Srinagar.
Q.5. Renowned personality Keshav Desiraju passed away recently he was former.
Correct Answer is Union Health Secretary.
- He was a retired IAS officer and grandson of former President Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan.
- Desiraju was an IAS officer from the 1978 batch of Uttarakhand cadre.
- He had a Masters degree in Economics from the University of Cambridge and a Masters degree in Public Administration from the John F Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University.
Q.6. Renowned footballer Jean-Pierre Adams held from which country, who had been in a coma for 39 years, has passed away.
Correct Answer is France.
- Jean-Pierre Adams was injured during a match with Chalon.
- Operated under anaesthesia at the Hospital de Lyon on March 17, 1982, Jean-Pierre Adams fell into a coma.
- In a state of coma for more than 39 years, Jean-Pierre Adams lived in the suburbs of Nimes, his wife Bernadette watching by his side.
Q.1. World Coconut Day is observed every year on which date.
Correct Answer is 2nd September.
- The day is especially observed in Asian and Pacific nations, which are home to most of the world’s coconut producing areas and production centers.
- World Coconut Day is observed by increasing public awareness about the health and commercial benefits of coconut.
- Coconut is being planted in tropical places for millions of years and has benefited humanity in a variety of ways.
Q.2. Whose death anniversary is celebrated as the International Day of Charity on 05th September every year.
Correct Answer is Mother Teresa.
- After her death, Mother Teresa was granted a state funeral by the government in recognition of her services to the poor of all religions in India. She was sanctified by Saint John Paul II in 2003. Pope Francis canonised her on the eve of her death anniversary on September 4, 2016.
- Widely known during her lifetime as the ‘living saint,’ Mother Teresa founded the Missionaries of Charity in 1950.
Q.3. As a part of the 'Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav' the Ministry of Food Processing Industries is observing ‘Food Processing Week’ from.
Correct Answer is 6th to 12th September 2021.
- The Ministry launched the ‘Food Processing Week’ 6th September, 2021, through an official video on social media platforms.
- The success story of the beneficiary of the PMFME scheme, Smt. Radhika Kamat was also published on the Ministry's website in the ‘Atmanirbhar Enterprises’ series.
Q.4. What is the theme of the International Day of Clean Air for blue skies 2021.
Correct Answer is Healthy Air, Healthy Planet.
- The International Day of Clean Air for blue skies is observed globally on 7th September.
- The day aims to raise public awareness at all levels individual, community, corporate and government that clean air is important for health, productivity, the economy and the environment.
- The very first International Day of Clean Air for blue skies was held on September 7th, 2020.
Q.5. In India the Teachers Day is celebrated every year on which date.
Correct Answer is 5th September.
- This day is celebrated as the teacher’s day to mark the birthday of Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan who was the former president of our country.
- He was a philosopher, a scholar, and the Bharat Ratna Awardee.
- He was the second President of India (1962 to 1967) and the first Vice President of India (1952–1962).
Q.1. Who took over as the new Director General (DG) of the Border Security Force.
Correct Answer is Pankaj Kumar Singh.
- He is considered as the architect of police reforms in the country.
- He replaced SS Deswal, who was holding the DG post since Rakesh Asthana moved to Delhi Police
- Apart from him, Sanjay Arora assumed charge of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP).
Q.2. Who has been inducted as an Honorary Member of the International Astronomical Union (IAU).
Correct Answer is Dorje Angchuk.
- He is an Engineer in charge at the Indian Astronomical Observatory of the Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) at Hanle in Ladakh region
- He is the first and only Indian to be inducted in IAU, among 10 members around the world.
Q.3. For the first time in the history of the Supreme Court, how many judges took oath of office.
Correct Answer is Nine.
- This was the greatest number of judges of the top court taking oath in one single day.
- With the latest appointments, the working strength of the top court has risen to 33 judges, against the sanctioned strength of 34.
Q.4. Who has been appointed as the as the new secretary general of Rajya Sabha, the Upper House of Indian Parliament.
Correct Answer is Parasaram Pattabhi Kesava Ramacharyulu.
- Ramacharyulu has been working as secretary in the Rajya Sabha Secretariat since 2018 and succeeds Desh Dipak Verma.
- A Bachelor of Laws and Master of Arts (Political Science) degree holder, Ramacharyulu was awarded Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) by the Jawaharlal Nehru University for his work on ‘Committee Systems of Indian Parliament and the US Congress: A Comparative Study’ in 2005.
Q.5. Who has been appointed the chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
Correct Answer is J B Mohapatra.
- He is a 1985-batch Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax) officer.
- He is currently a member in the board that frames the policy for the Income Tax department.
- He has been holding the additional charge of CBDT chairman since May31.
Q.6. Who has been roped in as the face of 'Stay in Play'' campaign of German footwear and accessories major Adidas.
Correct Answer is Mirabai Chanu.
- The new TechFit Period Proof tights, featuring an absorbent layer to help protect against leaks when worn with a tampon or pad.
- Such innovations showcase Adidas’ commitment to encourage and support women in sport.
- Adidas found that teenage girls are dropping out of sport at an alarming rate, with one of the key reasons being fear of period leakage.
Q.7. Who took charges as the first woman Chairperson and Managing Director of Engineers India Ltd.
Correct Answer is Vartika Shukla.
- She is graduate in Chemical Engineering from the IIT-Kanpur.
- She joined EIL in 1988 and has extensive consulting experience comprising design, engineering, and implementation of complexes in refining, gas processing, petrochemicals and fertilisers.
Q.8. Who has been unanimously elected as Vice-President of the Asian Squash Federation (ASF), during the 41st annual general meeting of ASF.
Correct Answer is Cyrus Poncha.
- His tenure will be of 4 years.
- He is current serving as the Secretary-General of Squash Rackets Federation of India (SRFI).
- David Mui of Hong Kong was elected as President of ASF for 2nd term.
Q.9. Who has been appointed as the Managing Director (MD) of Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI).
Correct Answer is Suman Sharma.
- She is currently serving as the Additional Directorate General of Foreign Trade of Department of Commerce.
- She will succeed Jatindra Nath Swain.
- SECI: It is the only Central Public Sector Undertaking dedicated to solar energy sector.
Q.10. Who has been appointed as the Chairman-cum-Managing Director of United India Insurance Company Limited (UIICL.
Correct Answer is SL Tripathy.
- He will hold the office of the CMD, UIICL with effect from the date of assumption of charge of the office and up to the date of his attaining the age of superannuation (i.e. 29.02.2024), or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
- The appointment of SL Tripathy was proposed by the Department of Financial Services (DFS) on the recommendation of the Banks Board Bureau (BBB) as a candidate for the Reserve List for the vacancy of CMD, UIICL.