1. With which bank the Union Government has signed a loan agreement for $304 million Assam Intra-State Transmission System Enhancement Project to improve reliability, capacity and security of the power transmission network in the State of Assam _________ Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.
➢ The project aims to strengthen Assam's electricity transmission system by constructing 10 transmission substations and laying transmission lines with the associated infrastructure.
➢ The project will also upgrade 15 existing substations, and transmission lines and existing ground wire to optical power ground wire and provide technical assistance to support project implementation.
2. Which bank has been adjudged as the “Best Service Provider” in Human Resources and also the best institution for “Excellence in Learning & Development” at 29th Global HRD Congress awards _________ Union Bank of India.
➢ Shri Kalyan Kumar, Chief General Manager, HR was named as “Chief Human Resources Officer of the Year”. Shri Vinayak V Tembhurne, General Manager, HR, received the coveted award on his behalf.
➢ Global HRD Congress Awards are given to institutions annually for the best HR practices under different categories.
3. Which bank recently has been brought under Reserve Bank of India’s regulatory preview _________ State Bank of Sikkim.
➢ The bank, established five years before Sikkim acceded to India in 1973, provides treasury operations for the state government.
➢ It only operates within Sikkim and is wholly-owned by the state government.
➢ The bank currently has 42 branch offices and operates three revenue counters for government works.
4. Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFCs) in India need to plan for an effective IBOR transition, as majority of LIBOR rates are likely to be phased out by the end of 2021. What does ‘O’ stands for in IBOR _________ Offered.
➢ Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFCs) in India need to plan for an effective Inter Bank Offered Rate (IBOR) transition, as majority of LIBOR rates are likely to be phased out by the end of 2021.
➢ London Inter Bank Offered Rate (LIBOR) is one of the most common series of benchmark rates referenced by contracts measured in trillions of dollars across global currencies.
5. What is the total outlay of the new central sector scheme has been launched for industrial development of Jammu and Kashmir _________ Rs 28,400 crore.
➢ The scheme is approved with a total outlay of 28 thousand 400 crore rupees. It will be effective from 1st April this year and will remain in force up to 31st March 2037.
➢ The main purpose of the scheme is to generate employment which directly leads to the socio-economic development of Jammu and Kashmir.
6. As per RBI data, India forex reserves were down by USd249 million to how much amount _________ USD 583.697 million.
➢ In the previous week, the reserves had declined by USD 6.24 billion to stand at USD 583.945 billion.
➢ It had touched a record high of USD 590.185 billion in the week ended January 29, 2021.
➢ In the reporting week, the decrease in reserves was mainly due to a fall in the foreign currency assets (FCAs), a major component of the overall reserves.
7. Which payments banks has been granted the scheduled commercial bank status by Reserve Bank of India by including it to the Second Schedule to the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 _________ Fino Payments Bank.
➢ The scheduled commercial bank status allows Fino Payments Bank to enhance its banking position in the treasury and participation in LAF (Liquidity Facility) window, as per the RBI.
➢ It also helps the bank strengthen its business proposition on liabilities generation.
8. Indian Institute of Technology, Madras incubated dairy-tech startup, Stellapps signed an MoU with which payments bank to digitize the dairy milk procurement value chain and improve banking facilities at milk collection centres ________ India Pots Payments Bank.
➢ The objective of the MoU is to expand access to a range of financial services for millions of unbanked and underbanked dairy farmers.
➢ Stellapps is the first of its kind startup in India working towards the digitization of the dairy supply chain.
9. Which bank in in partnership with the Greater Chennai Corporation (GCC) and Chennai Smart City Limited (CSCL) launched ‘Namma Chennai Smart Card’ _________ ICICI Bank.
➢ The Rupay powered co-branded, contactless prepaid card was unveiled by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister (CM) Edappadi K. Palaniswami.
➢ The aim of the card is to enable residents of Chennai, Tamil Nadu to make seamless payments for various services within the city.
➢ The new proposition is a step towards transforming Chennai into a Smart City.
10. Which institution is to provide Rs 100 crore to Gurgaon-based hospital chain Medanta, to fight Covid-19 pandemic ________ Asian Development Bank.
➢ The Asian Development Bank (ADB) will provide ₹100 crore loan to hospital chain Medanta for healthcare services and medical equipment to fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
➢ The project will support the purchase of personal protective equipment, basic hygiene products, and patient care equipment such as ventilators and beds. It will also support staff training programmes on infection prevention and control.
11. As per S&P global ratings, which county will be the fastest growing emerging market economies with 10% growth in next fiscal _________ India.
➢ S&P Global Ratings has said that India will be one of the fastest growing emerging market economies with a 10 per cent growth in the next fiscal.
➢ S&P Director, Sovereign & International Public Finance Ratings, Andrew Wood said this while speaking in a webinar on India outlook for 2021.
12. The government of India has decided to infuse what amount into state-owned Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) in the next financial year __________ Rs. 1,500 crore.
➢ The amount is Rs 200 crore higher than the provision made by the government for the current fiscal. The government has earmarked Rs 1,300 crore capital infusion for the bank.
➢ The (Rs 1,500 crore) provision is for Exim Bank as equity support/ subscription to increase the paid up capital of the bank to the level of its authorised capital.
13. The Reserve Bank of India came out with a slew of directions related to maintenance of liquidity coverage ratio, risk management, asset classification and loan-to-value ratio, among others, for _________Housing Finance Companies.
➢ The Reserve Bank of India came out with a slew of directions related to maintenance of liquidity coverage ratio, risk management, asset classification and loan-to-value ratio, among others, for housing finance companies.
➢ These directions, which shall come into force with an immediate effect and it will be applicable to all the housing finance companies registered under section 29A of the National Housing Bank Act 1987.
➢ HFCs are mandated to maintain a liquidity buffer in terms of liquidity coverage ratio (LCR). This will help to have sufficient high-quality liquid asset (HQLA) to survive an acute liquidity stress scenario lasting for 30 days. Therefore, the non-deposit taking HFCs with an asset size of Rs 10,000 crore and above, and all deposit-taking HFCs irrespective of their asset size will have to maintain a minimum LCR of 50% by 1st Dec 2021 and to 100% by 1st Dec 2025
1. Renowned personality Rahul Khullar passed away recently, he was former chairman/head of which regulator ________ TRAI.
➢ Khullar, a 1975-batch Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer, was appointed as TRAI chief in May 2012. He served at TRAI for three years. Before being appointed as TRAI chief, he was a secretary of the Ministry of Commerce and Trade.
➢ He had topped MA Economics in 1974 from Delhi School of Economics and then taught briefly at Hansaraj College, Delhi University, before joining the IAS in 1975.
2. Vishnu Narayanan Namboothiri, who passed away recently was poet of which language __________ Malayalam.
➢ Namboothiri,one of the widely acclaimed poets of contemporary Malayalam literature, was awarded the Padma Shri in 2014.
➢ He is also a recipient of several literary honours, including the Kerala Sahitya Akademi award.
➢ His works are known for their blend oftradition and modernity. Some of his noted works are are ‘Swaathandhryathe- Kurich Oru Geetham’, ‘Bhoomigeethangal’, ‘India Enna Vikaram’, ‘Aparaajitha’, ‘Aranyakam’, ‘Pranayageethangal’ and ‘Ujjayiniyile Rappakalukal’, among others.
1. World Thinking Day is celebrated each year by the Girl Guides and Girl Scouts across the world on _______ 22nd February.
➢ The day is observed to think about fellow brothers and sisters around the world, address their concerns and understand the true meaning of guiding.
➢ This year’s Thinking Day theme was “Stand together for Peace”.
2. Central Excise Day is celebrated every year on which date across India ________ 24th February.
➢ The day is celebrated to honour the officers associated with CBEC and their services.
➢ This is done to encourage the officers to carry out their duties with utmost sincerity.
➢ The officers, every year perform checking of corruption in goods from the manufacturing sector.
3. World NGO Day is observed every year on which date ________ 27th February.
➢ The day celebrates the efforts of those social workers who have gone an extra mile to make the world a better place.
➢ The Day was officially recognised and declared by the 12 member countries (Belarus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Russia, Norway and Sweden).
➢ It was marked for the first time by the UN, EU leaders and international organisations in 2014.
4. World NGO Day is celebrated every year globally on _______ 27th February.
➢ World NGO Day aims to inspire people to become more actively involved within NGOs (Charities, NPOs, CSOs) and encourage a greater symbiosis between NGOs and both the public and private sector.
➢ The universal concept of World NGO Day is Celebrate, Commemorate and Collaborate the various NGOs around the world, and the people behind them.
5. In India, February 27th is celebrated as the _______ National Protein Day.
➢ The day was launched by the ‘Right to Protein’, a national-level public health initiative on February 27, 2020.
➢ This year theme of National Protein Day is “Powering with Plant Protein”.
➢ 2021 marks the second year for this nutritional awareness milestone in India by ‘Right to Protein’.
6. National Science Day is celebrated all over India on _________28th February.
➢ On this day, Sir CV Raman had announced the discovery of the Raman Effect for which he was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1930. The government of India designated 28 February as National Science Day (NSD) in 1986.
➢ The theme for this year’s National Science Day is ‘Future of STI: Impact on Education Skills and Work’.
7. Rare Disease Day is observed every year on ________ last day of February (28th February, 2021).
➢ This year in 2021 it falls on February 28, 2021.
➢ The day is observed to raise awareness for rare diseases and improve access to treatment and medical representation for individuals with rare diseases and their families.
➢ Rare Disease Day was first launched by European Organisation for Rare Diseases (EURORDIS) and its Council of National Alliances in 2008.
1. Who resigned as the chief minister of Puducherry after failing to win the trust vote in the assembly _________ V Narayanaswamy.
➢ Speaker V.P. Sivakolunthu declared that V. Narayanasamy lost the trust motion.
➢ Earlier Narayanasamy was asked to prove his strength in the assembly by the Lt. Governor Tamilisai Soundararajan.
2. Name the Punjabi singer who has been roped in by the Reserve Bank of India to drive its public awareness campaigns on cyber frauds ___________ Viruss.
➢ The RBI has roped in Punjabi singer-rapper Viruss in its public awareness campaign.
➢ The campaign also includes Viruss' popular 2017 Indie hit 'Bam Bhole' that was recreated for Akshay Kumar-Kiara Advani starrer Laxmi.
➢ RBI's latest public directives on how one can and should protect themselves from cyber crimes and identity theft comes along with peppy rap music.
3. Who has been appointed as the Chairman National Commission for Scheduled Castes (NCSC) _______ Vijay Sampla.
➢ He has been the former Union Minister of State for Social Justice & Empowerment from 2014 to 2019.
➢ NCSC is an Indian constitutional body under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, that works for the socio-economic development of the scheduled castes and to prevent atrocities against them.
4. Name the Indian social activist who has been appointed for the newly-instituted International Anti-Corruption Champions Award by the Joe Biden Administration _______ Anjali Bharadwaj.
➢ The 48-year-old Bhardwaj has served as an active member of the Right to Information Movement in India for over two decades.
➢ She is the founder of the Satark Nagrik Sangathan (SNS), a citizens’ group which promotes transparency and accountability in government and encourage the active participation of citizens.
5. Who has been appointed as the US ambassador to the United Nations _________ Linda Thomas-Greenfield.
➢ The Senate voted 78-20 to confirm Thomas-Greenfield for the Cabinet-level position. Greenfield is the eighth confirmed member of President Joe Biden's Cabinet.
➢ Linda Thomas-Greenfield is a US diplomat with vast experience in Africa. She is a three-decade veteran of the US State Department.
6. Irakli Garibashvili has been appointed as the new prime minister of which country _________ Georgia.
➢ He took office immediately after the vote.
➢ He was appointed as the PM following the resignation of former PM Giorgi Gakharia on 18th February 2021.
➢ He was elected as the head of the government with 89 votes in favor and 2 against.
7. Who has been elected as the president of the Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) ________ A Sakthivel.
➢ He is the owner and Founder of Poppys Group of Companies of Tirupur, Tamil Nadu and is currently the Chairman of Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC).
➢ He succeeds Sharad Kumar (S K) Saraf, a Mumbai-based businessman.
8. Mohamed Bazoum has been reelected as the President of which country in the recently held election _________ Niger.
➢ Niger’s electoral commission has declared the governing party candidate, Mohamed Bazoum, the winner of the country’s presidential election runoff.
➢ Bazoum had secured 55.75 percent of the votes cast on February 21, beating former President Mahamane Ousmane who garnered 44.25 percent, Issaka Souna, chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (CENI).
9. Who has been appointed as the new Goodwill Ambassador of the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), the UN’s sexual and reproductive health agency _______ Natalia Vodianova.
➢ She will empower women and girls by promoting sexual and rights of them and tackling the stigma and taboos that surround their bodies and health, including menstruation that lead to discrimination and exclusion.
➢ She has teamed up with UNFPA over the past 3 years to launch a series of “Let’s Talk” events worldwide. This series have mobilised policy makers, civil society and the private sector to address shame, exclusion and discrimination, faced regularly by millions of women and girls.
10. Who has been roped in as the Global Brand Ambassador of Levis, a premium American denim brand _______ Deepika Padukone.
➢ This strategic partnership highlights the increasing focus of Levis on women’s category.
➢ Deepika became the first female celebrity to endorse the brand in India.
➢ As a part of this partnership, Deepika Padukone will work on the new campaign of levis which is focused on a new range of fashion fits from Levis.
11. Who has been elected as the President of Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) __________ Dushyant Chautala.
➢ He was unanimously elected during the 84th Annual meeting of TTFI at Panchkula, Haryana.
➢ He will hold the post for a period of 4 years.
➢ He is the youngest president of any National sports federations in India.
12. Who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of edtech platform Unacademy _________ Sachin Tendulkar.
➢ According to the terms of the partnership, Tendulkar will serve as the brand ambassador for Unacademy and will also conduct a series of live interactive classes on the platform.
➢ The former cricketer has also invested in the company.