CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Manoj Kumar felicitated by London’s World Book of Records for contribution to Indian cinema
- Veteran actor Manoj Kumar has been felicitated by the World Book of Records, London with the WBR Golden Era of Bollywood honour for being a legendary actor and for his contribution to Indian cinema.
BRICS CCI announces Direct Tax Summit & Awards 2020 in association with Achromic Point
- BRICS Chamber of Commerce & Industry (BRICS CCI), organized the 2nd Annual Direct Tax Summit & Awards 2020 in association with Achromic Point – an international consulting firm. Dharampal Satyapal Limited won the award for Best In-House Direct Tax Team of the Year.
Indian Railways customer grievance portal ‘RailMadad’ gets DARPG e-Governance Award
- RailMadad, the grievance redressal portal of Indian Railways, has been awarded Silver under Category II of the National e-Governance Awards – ‘Excellence in providing Citizen-centric Delivery.’ This award was conferred during the 23rd National Conference on e-Governance which was held in
Curt Bergfors Foundation of Sweden announces ‘Food Planet Prize’
- The Curt Bergfors Foundation of Sweden has created two USD 1 million prizes for solutions towards sustainable food system amid the threatening climate change. ‘New Food Planet Prize’, the prize is to be awarded annually in two categories: existing scalable solution for sustainable foods and innovative initiative for transforming food sector
Prez Kovind to present CDRI scientist Niti Kumar with ‘SERB Women Excellence Award’
- The Ministry of Science & technology has announced that Dr Niti Kumar, Senior Scientist from Division of Molecular Parasitology and Immunology, Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI), Lucknow, under the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), has received the ‘SERB Women Excellence Award 2020’
Adline Castelino wins Miss Diva Universe 2020
- Adline Castelino has been crowned as the winner of LIVA Miss Diva Universe 2020 Castelino, who hails from Mangalore, was crowned by Vartika Singh, the winner of the previous edition. She was closely followed by Aavriti Choudhary of Jabalpur who was bestowed with the title of Miss Diva Supranational
Hrithik Roshan bags ‘Best Actor award’ at Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival
- Hrithik Roshan garnered the ‘Best Actor award’ for his film Super 30 at Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival, held in
|Best Film||Super 30|
|Best Actor||Hrithik Roshan|
Lifetime Achievement Award conferred on TNAU VC N Kumar
- University Vice-Chancellor Dr N Kumar has been conferred the ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ by ICAR National Research Centre for Banana, Tiruchirappalli.
HRD Minister Pokhriyal presents Chhatra Vishwakarma Awards to 23 teams
- Union Minister of Human Resources Development (HRD), Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, presented the Vishwakarma Awards 2019 to the winners in New Delhi. The valedictory function of the Awards was organised in the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- A total of 23 teams under various subcategories were recipients of the Chatra Vishwakarma Awards (CVA). Six institutes were felicitated by the Union Minister under the Utkrisht Santhan Vishwakarma Award (USVA).
21 Indian cities among world’s 30 most polluted; Ghaziabad tops list
- Delhi topped the list of most polluted capital cities in the world in 2019, which also revealed that 21 of the world’s 30 most polluted cities are in India.According to the World Air Quality Report 2019 compiled by IQAir Air Visual, Ghaziabad is the most polluted city in the world, followed by Hotan in China, Gujranwala and Faisalabad in Pakistan and then Delhi in the fifth place.
Jiya Rai, Naval special child with autism swims 14 km in open water, sets world record
- Jiya Rai, the eleven-year-old daughter of Madan Rai, Master Chief at Arms II, posted in INS Shikra, created a world record by becoming the fastest special girl to swim 14 km in open water. The solo swimming event was conducted under the supervision of Swimming Association of Maharashtra, an authorized body of Swimming Federation of India.
Hurun Global Rich List: Jeff Bezos retains No. 1 spot, Mukesh Ambani richest in Asia
- Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos is still the richest person in the world, even after losing $7 billion in one year, according to the ninth annual Hurun Global Rich List. Bezos has retained the top spot for the third year with an estimated net worth of $140 billion, mainly due to the world’s largest divorce settlement with former wife MacKenzie Bezos, who made the list in her own right with $44 billion.
Akademi award for English translation of ‘Kusumabale’
- Sahitya Akademi’s Translation Prize for 2019 in the category of translation into English has been awarded to Kannada novel Kusumabale by Devanur Mahadeva, rendered into English by Susan Daniel. The akademi announced a total of 23 awards in various Indian languages.
Film editor Sreekar Prasad enters the limca book of records
- Veteran editor Sreekar Prasad has entered the Limca Book of Records for ‘films edited in most number of languages’.He has edited films in 17 languages, namely Tamil, English, Hindi, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Odia, Bengali, Assamese, Punjabi, Nepali, Marathi, Sinhalese, Karbi, Mishing, Bodo, and Pangchenpa.
Travellers’ Choice Destination Awards 2020 goes to Kochi
- Kochi has topped the 2020 Travellers’ Choice Destination awards as a ‘trending’ location announced by Tripadvisor, the world’s largest travel site. The awards include two new categories: recognising traveller-loved destinations that are on the rise; and Emerging – looking ahead to what’s next – the destinations still ahead of the curve that smart travellers are already saving for their trips on Trip advisor, a great indicator of up and coming hotspots.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
Samsung Mobile is India’s most desired brand for the fourth time
- Samsung Mobile is the most desired brand, TRA Research (formerly known as Trust Advisory).This is the fourth time Samsung Mobile has been named the most desired brand. Previously, the brand has topped the list in 2013, 2015 and 2018. Samsung is followed by Apple iPhone, which is positioned second in the list.
MP, Odisha top performers in digitising land records: NCAER
- Madhya Pradesh, is the best performing state in in terms of digitising land records, followed by Odisha, according to the NCAER Land Records and Services Index. Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, and Tamil Nadu are the other states in the top five. The National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER) released India’s first land records and services index.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
WCD & FPI Ministers Irani, Badal inaugurate Delhi Organic Food Fest
- The Organic Food Festival was jointly inaugurated by Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Union Minister for Food Processing Industries and Smriti Irani, Union Minister for Women and Child Development and Textiles. The theme of the festival is ‘Unleashing India’s Organic Market Potential’.
CM Kamal Nath inaugurates IFS Meet in Bhopal
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Kamal Nath inaugurated a Forestry Conference of Indian Forest Service officers at Noronha Academy of Administration in Bhopal. Chief Minister Kamal Nath also released three books including ‘Camping Destinations of MP’, ‘Wildlife Destination Map of MP’ and a magazine at the IFS meet.rom February 21-23.
National Museum hosts ‘Historical Gastronomica – The Indus Dining Experience’ exhibition
- The National Museum in New Delhi is hosting a unique exhibition on India’s ancient food history called “Historical Gastronomica – The Indus Dining Experience till the 25th of this month that goes back to over 5000 years ago.
NITI Aayog organizing Sustainable Development Goals Conclave 2020
- NITI Aayog is organizing Sustainable Development Goals Conclave 2020: Partnerships, Cooperation and Development of North Eastern states– in Guwahati, Assam. The three-day event will see representations from the North Eastern states, Central Ministries, academia, civil society and international development organizations.
PM Modi to inaugurate two-day International Judicial Conference 2020 in New Delhi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate a two-day International Judicial Conference 2020 organised by Supreme Court in New Delhi. The conference will witness the participation of numerous other international legal luminaries from across the world. The theme of the International Judicial Conference 2020 is “Judiciary and the changing world”.
G20 finance ministers’, central bankers to meet in Riyadh
- Riyadh is hosting the inaugural G20 finance ministers’ and central bank governors’ The ministers and governors will come from G20 countries and invited countries, as well as heads of international and regional organizations .They will also discuss the priorities of the Saudi G20 presidency under the theme of “Realizing Opportunities of the 21st Century for All.”
Union HRD Minister Launches UKIERI-UGC Higher Education Leadership Development Programme for Administrators in New Delhi
- The Union Minister for Human Resource Development, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launched‘ Higher Education Leadership Development Programme for Administrator’– a joint initiative of UGC and British Council under the auspices of UK India Education and Research Initiative (UKIERI), which aims to deliver a leadership development programme for middle and senior level administrative functionaries in Indian Universities.
International conference on EMMDA at NCMRWF, Noida
- An international conference on “Ensemble Methods in Modelling and Data Assimilation (EMMDA)” began at NCMRWF, Noida, India. The conference is aimed to provide a platform for discussions and deliberations on the present status, future prospects and optimum use of ‘Ensemble Prediction System’ (EPS).
Union Food Processing Industries Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal Launched Market Intelligence and Early Warning System (MIEWS)
- Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Union Minister of Food Processing Industries, launched the– Market Intelligence and Early Warning System (MIEWS) Web Portal. The MIEWS Dashboard and Portal is a ‘first-of-its-kind’ platform for ‘real time monitoring’ of prices of tomato, onion and potato (TOP) and for simultaneously generating alerts for intervention under the terms of the Operation Greens(OG) scheme
Govt to host Artificial Intelligence Summit ‘RAISE 2020’ in April
- The government will host RAISE 2020 – an event focussed on artificial intelligence on April 11-12 in New Delhi. RAISE (Responsible AI for Social Empowerment) 2020 will be organised by the government in partnership with industry and academia.
Enhancing Energy Cooperation in the BIMSTEC region held in Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Two Days Conference on Enhancing Energy Cooperation in the Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) region held at Bangladesh. The bloc of seven countries organised the conference in collaboration with the South Asia Regional Initiative for Energy Integration (SARI/EI) of USAID.
International Conference on Alternate Medicines Concludes at Delhi
- The two-day International Conference on Standardisation of Diagnosis and Terminologies in Ayurveda, Unani and Siddha Systems of Medicine concluded in New Delhi recently with adopting the “New Delhi Declaration on Collection and Classification of Traditional Medicine (TM) Diagnostic Data”.
Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurates the 11th National Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) Conference
- The Union Minister for Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare, Rural Development & Panchayati Raj, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated the 11th National Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) Conference -2020 in New Delhi. The theme of the three day national conference is ‘Empowering Youth for Technology Led Farming’.
- The G20 is made up of 19 countries and the EU.
- The 19 countries are Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Germany, France, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, the Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, the UK and the US.
Ministry of Human Resource and Development
- Union Minister- Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
- Constituency- Haridwar, Uttarakhand
- BIMSTEC is an International organization formed on June 6, 1997 with seven countries from South and Southeast Asia including Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Nepal and Bhutan. It aims to promote regional cooperation for rapid economic development.
- The NITI Aayog is a policy think tank of the Government of India, established with the aim to achieve sustainable development goals with cooperative federalism by fostering the involvement of State Governments of India in the economic policy-making process using a bottom-up approach.
- Formed: 1 January 2015
- Objectives: Foster involvement and participation in the economic policy-making process by the State Governments of India
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Narendra Modi
- Vice Chairperson :Amitabh Kant, (CEO)
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHOR
Sadhguru’s book launched at Isha Yoga Centre
- Vice-President M Venkaiah Naidu released ‘Death – An Inside Story’ authored by Sadhguru, Founder, Isha Foundation. The Vice-President was the chief guest at the 26th Maha Sivaratri celebrations at Isha Yoga Centre, Coimbatore.
Dr Manmohan Singh releases Kannada translation of ‘Who is Bharat Mata?’
- Former Prime Minister of India Dr Manmohan Singh released the book ‘Who is Bharat Mata’ by Prof Purushottam Agrawal and its Kannada translation ‘Yaaru Bharat Maate?’ by Prof K E Radhakrishna. The book has been published by Swapna Book House, Bengaluru in association with Delhi Karnataka Sangha.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Sub-Neptune sized planet validated with the habitable-zone planet finder
- A signal originally detected by the Kepler spacecraft has been validated as an exoplanet using the Habitable-zone Planet Finder (HPF), an astronomical spectrograph built by a Penn State team and recently installed on the 10m Hobby-Eberly Telescope at McDonald Observatory in Texas.
- The newly confirmed planet, called G 9-40b, is the first one validated by HPF.HPF is being searching for Exoplanet by using the Doppler Effect
ISRO to launch geo imaging satellite on March 5
- The Indian Space Research Organisation stated it is scheduled to launch its geo imaging satellite ‘GISAT-1’ onboard the geosynchronous satellite launch vehicle ‘GSLV-F10’ on March 5.
- The launch is tentatively scheduled at 5:43 pm on March 5, subject to weather conditions, from the second launchpad of Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota.
Top IITs, IIMs launch iVEIN to promote entrepreneurship
- India’s premier technical and management institutions have joined hands to launch a consortium to boost entrepreneurship ecosystem through high quality research in innovation, venturing and entrepreneurship.
- Called ‘Innovation-Venturing and Entrepreneurship in India Network (iVEIN),’ its founding members are faculty at IIT Madras, IIT Bombay, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta and IIM Kozhikode.
Incois launches three ocean-based services
- The Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (Incois), Hyderabad, has launched three ocean-based specialised products/services — the Small Vessel Advisory and Forecast Services System (SVAS), the Swell Surge Forecast System (SSFS) and the Algal Bloom Information Service (ABIS).
- Incois, an autonomous organisation under the Ministry of Earth Sciences, provides a number of free services for users in the marine realm, including fishermen.
Seventeen new planets, including one Earth-sized habitable world discovered
- The current findings, published in The Astronomical Journal, include one such rare planet named KIC-7340288 b.
- Astronomers have discovered 17 new planets, including a potentially habitable Earth-sized world, by combing through data gathered by NASA’s Kepler space telescope which was launched in 2009, and retired in October 2018.
Scientists discover animal that doesn’t survive on oxygen
- Scientists have discovered an animal that does not need oxygen to produce energy needed for its survival, a finding that changes one of science’s assumptions about the animal world.
- The tiny, less than 10-celled parasite Henneguya salminicola lives in salmon muscle. As it evolved, the animal, which is a relative of jellyfish and corals, gave up breathing and consuming oxygen — or became anaerobic — to produce energy.
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Founder: Vikram Sarabhai
- Founded: 15 August 1969
- Parent organisation: Department of Space
- Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Rajnath Singh lays foundation stone of new Army headquarter building
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh laid the foundation stone for construction of a new Army headquarter building in
- Thal Sena Bhawan, the multi-storeyed complex adopting Green Rating for Integrated Habitat Assessment (GRIHA-5 rating) norms, designed like a “rising sun” and spread over nearly 39 acres.
Rajnath Singh presents trophies of best marching contingents for Republic Day Parade 2020
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh presented trophies of best marching contingents for Republic Day Parade-2020. The Indian Air Force contingent was adjudged the best among the three services. Air Marshal M S G Menon and Flight Lieutenant Shrikant Sharma received the trophy.
India-UK joint IAF & RAF Exercise Indradhanush 2020 begins at Air Force Station Hindan
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) and Royal Air Force (RAF) of the UK jointly commenced the 5th edition of Exercise Indradhanush at Air Force Station Hindan in UP.
- The focus of this edition of the exercise is ‘Base Defence and Force Protection’.
Offshore Patrol Vessel-6 “VAJRA” is launched at Chennai
- Shri Mansukh Mandaviya, Minister of State for Shipping(I/C) and Chemicals & Fertilizers was the Chief Guest for the launching ceremony of 6th Coast Guard Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV-6) ’VAJRA’ at Chennai .
- 6th OPV is getting launched in the sea for the first time and also it will strengthen the efforts Indian Coast Guard for securing over 7500 km vast coastline, an exclusive economic zone (EEZ) of over 20 lakh sq kms and more than one lakh merchant ships transiting per year through Indian waters for global trade .
India’s annual defence exports to touch Rs 35,000 crore by 2024
- Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh projected that the annual Indian defence exports will touch Rs 35,000 crore by 2024 from the current level of Rs 17,000 crore.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the new Light Combat Helicopter Production Hangar at Helicopter Division in Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) Complex.
Larsen & Toubro built 5th offshore patrol vessel ICGS Varad commissioned into India Coast Guard
- Larsen & Toubro built offshore patrol vessel ICGS Varad was commissioned into the Indian Coast Guard.
- ICGS Varad set a record in Indian shipping industry by becoming the first major defence ship to clear all Sea Acceptance Trails in a single sea sortie, underlining the high quality of design and construction of these ships.
- Founded- April 1, 1895.
- Motto- Service before Self.
- Chief of the Army Staff (COAS)- General Manoj Mukund Naravane.
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited is an Indian state-owned aerospace and defence company headquartered in Bengaluru, India. It is governed under the management of the Indian Ministry of Defence.
- Headquarters- Bengaluru, Karnataka.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Chanta Sharath Kamal, Sathiyan Gnanasekaran win silver at Hungarian Open
- Indian men’s doubles pair of Achanta Sharath Kamal and Gnanasekaran Sathiyan settled for a silver medal at the ITTF World Tour Hungarian Open after losing the summit clash to German combination of Benedikt Duda and Patrick Franziska at Budapest 5-11, 9-11, 11-8, 9-11.
India’s 13-year old Grandmaster D Gukesh wins 34th Cannes Open
- In Chess, India’s 13-year old Grandmaster D Gukesh emerged champion in the 34th Cannes Open in France. Gukesh defeated Harutyun Bargseghyan of the host nation in the final round to end with 7.5 points. Gukesh, who last year became the world’s second youngest Grandmaster ever, beat the Frenchman in 50 moves to emerge clear winner
India wins one silver, two bronze medals in Asian Wrestling Championships
- India won one silver and two bronze medals on concluding day of Asian Wrestling Championships in New Delhi . In 74 kilogram category India’s Jitender settled for a silver medal following a defeat by defending champion Kazakhstan’s Daniyar Kaisanov 1-3.
PM Narendra Modi declares first-ever Khelo India University Games open
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi declared open the first-ever Khelo India University Games at the Jawaharlal Nehru Indoor Stadium Cuttack in Odisha .
- With this inauguration, India joined the league of nations where University Games are organized.
Ladakh all set to host first-ever Khelo India Winter Games
- The Union Territory of Ladakh is all set to host the first-ever Khelo India Winter Games. In the presence of Ladakh Lieutenant Governor R K Mathur, Union Minister for Youth Affairs and Sports Kiren Rijiju will inaugurate the games 25th Feb at NDS Indoor Ice Hockey Rink in Leh.
India to host Commonwealth Shooting and Archery Championships in January 2022
- India will host the Commonwealth Shooting and Archery Championships in January 2022. The medals from the two events will be counted for ranking of competing nations at the Birmingham Games. However, the medals will be added to the final tally one week after the conclusion of the Games.
ICC bans Oman player Yousuf Abdulrahim Al Balushi from all forms of cricket for 7 years
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) has banned Oman player Yousuf Abdulrahim Al Balushi from all forms of cricket for seven years for his involvement in trying to fix matches. Al Balushi accepted four charges of breaching the ICC Anti-Corruption Code. The charges are all related to the ICC men’s T20 World Cup Qualifiers 2019 held in the United Arab Emirates.
Mumbai’s twin-sisters bag four medals in swimming at KIUG
- At the Khelo India University Games (KIUG) in Odisha, the University of Mumbai’s twin-sisters Jyoti and Aarti bagged four medals.
- On the opening day of the swimming events at the KIUG ,the twin sisters ended up on the podium in the 200m breaststroke, Jyoti winning a gold and Aarti a bronze, the duo also helped the University of Mumbai to clinch a bronze in the 4x200m freestyle relay.
J&K bags gold in 6th National Ice Stock sports Championship at Ice Rink in Gulmarg
- In Jammu and Kashmir, the hosts bagged gold medal in the 6th National Ice Stock Sports Championship organized at Ice Rink in Gulmarg. Two hundred participants from 18 different states across the country participated in the three-day event .
AITA selection committee keep Leander Paes in playing squad against Croatia
- The All India Tennis Association (AITA) Selection Committee decided to keep veteran Leander Paes in the five-member playing squad for the upcoming Davis Cup tie against Croatia, making Divij Sharan the reserve member.
- Sumit Nagal, Prajnesh Gunneswaran and Ramkumar Ramanathan are the singles players in the squad while Paes and Rohan Bopanna will do the doubles duty. AITA had to send its final squad to the International Tennis Federation
Birmingham Commonwealth Games 2022 to be held in Chandigarh, says Punjab Sports Minister
- The events of the shooting and archery as part of the Birmingham Commonwealth Games-2022 will be held in Chandigarh. Punjab Sports Minister Rana Gurmeet Singh Sodhi informed this during Zero Hour in Punjab Vidhan Sabha.
Five-Time Grand Slam Champion Maria Sharapova Retires From Tennis At 32
- Five-time Grand Slam winner Maria Sharapova, one of the world’s most recognisable and highest-paid sportswomen, announced her retirement at the age of
- Chairperson: Shashank Manohar
- CEO: Manu Sawhney
- Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Founded: 15 June 1909
- Membership: 104 members
All India Tennis Association
- President: Praveen Mahajan
- Founded: March 1920
- Affiliation: International Tennis Federation
- Headquarters: R.K. Khanna Tennis Complex, Delhi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Former India footballer Ashok Chatterjee passes away
- Former India footballer Ashok Chatterjee, who was a part of the country’s bronze-medal winning teams in the Merdeka Cup in 1965 and 1966, passed away.
Krishna Bose, former Jadavpur MP and TMC leader passes away
- Academic-turned-politician Krishna Bose passed away due to age-related ailments. She was 89.
- Bose, the former Trinamool Congress MP from the Jadavpur constituency
Former Karnataka Minister C Chennigappa passes away
- Former Karnataka Minister and Janata Dal (Secular) leader C Chennigappa passed away at the age of 70.
- Chennigappa was Forest Minister in the Congress-JD(S) coalition government in 2006.
Larry Tesler, brain behind ‘Copy-Paste’ command, dies at 74
- Larry Tesler, the man behind the invention of ‘Cut, Copy and Paste’ passed away at his home in Portola Valley, California. He was 74. The reason behind his death is still unknown, but he was suffering the effect from an earlier bicycle accident, according to New York Times.
Hosni Mubarak: Former Egyptian passes away
- Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak has passed away at the age of 91.
- He served as the fourth president of Egypt from 1981 to 2011.
- Before entering politics, Mubarak served in the Egyptian Air Force.
Pioneering NASA mathematician Katherine Johnson dies at 101
- Katherine Johnson, a mathematician who calculated rocket trajectories and earth orbits for NASA’s early space missions and was later portrayed in the 2016 hit film “Hidden Figures,” about pioneering black female aerospace workers, has died. She was 101.
- Former Tamil Nadu Minister and DMK MLA KPP Samy passes away
- Former Tamil Nadu Minister and DMK MLA KPP Samy passed away.
- The lawmaker, who represented the Thiruvottiyur state Assembly constituency.
Centenarian scholar, freedom fighter Sudhakar Chaturvedi passes away
- Veteran freedom fighter, Vedic scholar and centenarian Pundit Sudhakar Chaturvedi, who is said to be the oldest Indian, passed away at the age of 123 years.
- He has penned over 50 books in Sanskrit, Kannada, Hindi and English and has interpreted Vedas in 20 volumes.
Eminent historian Shadakshari Settar passes away
- Renowned historian 85-years old Prof Shadakshari Settar (S Settar) passed away.
- He worked as a professor in Dharwad, served as director of National Museum Institute of the History of Art, Conservation and Museology.
JD(U)’s Vamikinagar MP Baidyanath Prasad Mahto passes away
- Janata Dal(United)’s Lok Sabha Member Baidyanath Prasad Mahto from Vamikinagar Parliamentary Constituency passed away evening while undergoing treatment at AIIMS in Delhi.