1. Who will head the committee constituted by the central government to celebrate Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose's 125th birth anniversary ______ Amit Shah.
➢ The committee will include experts, historians, authors, and family members of Netaji, as well as eminent personalities associated with his Azad Hind Fauj and Indian National Army.
➢ The committee will lend guidance to the commemorative activities in Delhi, Kolkata and other places associated with Netaji and the Azad Hind Fauj in India as well as overseas.
2. Which institution has decided to establish the “Dr F C Kohli Centre of Excellence for Advanced Research in Mathematical and Computing Sciences ______ Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI).
➢ With a committed donation of Rs 10 crore towards the establishment of the centre, the institute will raise funds from cor porates, communi t y groups, colleagues and wellwishers to further augment the corpus.
➢ FC Kohli, known as the architect of the Indian IT industry, passed away on November 26 at the age of 96.
3. As per the ‘Status of Leopard in India 2018’ report, released by Union environment minister Prakash Javadekar, the population of leopard in India has increased by what per cent ______ 60 per cent.
➢ More than 60 per cent increase in population has been recorded over the previous estimate which was conducted in 2014.
➢ The States of MP (3,421), Karnataka (1783) and Maharashtra (1690) have recorded the highest leopard estimates.
4. The Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA) has launched a multilingual call centre for aquafarmers in which state, in a first of its kind initiative ______ Andhra Pradesh.
➢ The call centre primarily caters to aqua farmers of Andhra Pradesh, the state that contributes more than 60 per cent of the country’s marine products export basket. ➢ The call centre can also handle calls in English and Hindi.
5. Homegrown data storage and management platform DigiBoxx has been launched by ______ NITI Aayog.
➢ India now has its own cloud storage platform, DigiBoxx. A potential alternative to Google Drive, Dropbox, and Microsoft OneDrive, the indigenous cloud service is seen as a step that furthers the initiative of ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat.’
➢ The homegrown data storage and management platform has been launched by NITI Aayog and it will provide affordable services to both regular users as well as businesses.
➢ Without revealing any technical details, the company said that all the data will be encrypted and stored in servers in India.
➢ The cloud storage platform is available on Android and iOS and can be accessed on computers through the web. The most interesting feature of the service DigiBoxx is that it allows users to share files even when they don’t have a DigiBoxx account.
6. International Gita Mahotsav 2020 was held in which city of India inaugurated by Himachal Pradesh chief minister (CM) Jai Ram Thakur ______ Kurukshetra.
➢ The international festival was held from 17th to 25th December, 2020.
➢ In view of the pandemic, the celebrations are subdued this time.
➢ While earlier, the extravaganza used to continue throughout the month, this time the celebrations was last for only a week.
7. With which organization the with Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for sharing ocean services data, expertise in operational oceanography ______ Indian Navy.
➢ This MoU is focused on sharing of ocean services, data, and expertise in the field of operational oceanography and the same will benefit both Indian Navy and INCOIS in furthering meaningful interactions and professional exchanges in future.
8. India will host a Global Media and Film Summit in ______ 2021.
➢ The year 2022 will mark 75 years of independence and 75 years of Cannes Film Festival, and the occasion will be celebrated in a different scale with a special pavilion at the International Film Festival.
9. India indigenously developed high horsepower locomotives and has becomes the ______ country in the world to do so ______ 6th.
➢ The Indian Railways has operationalised its first 12,000 hp electric locomotive manufactured locally by French rolling stock manufacturer Alstom.
➢ The locomotive made its maiden commercial run between Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Station to Shivpu/
➢ Indian Railways' completes five years of awarding the contract to Alstom for manufacturing the high-speed electric locomotives.
10. Name the mobile application that was launched by the Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Thaawarchand Gehlot to identify and geotag insanitary latrines and manual scavengers ______ ”Swachhata Abhiyan”.
➢ This app would help in rehabilitating all manual scavengers and replace insanitary latrines with sanitary ones.
➢ In the absence of any authentic data base regarding the location of insanitary latrines, it has been decided to seek the help of NGOs, Social Organisations and general public for collection and compilation of the data.
11. Who has launched E-Sampada, a new web portal and mobile app on Good Governance Day ______ Hardeep Singh Puri.
➢ The new application provides a single window for all the services including allotment for over one lakh government residential accommodations, office space allotment to government organisations in 45 office complexes in 28 cities and booking of 1,176 holiday home rooms.
➢ The portal provides online facility to users across India to lodge complaints, submit documents and appear for virtual hearing.
1. Which state government has launched a special campaign ‘Varasat’ (natural succession) to curb property & land-related disputes in rural areas ______ Uttar Pradesh.
➢ This is a first of its kind campaign in the state which aims to put an end the land-related issues in the rural areas and eradicate the exploitation of the villagers over succession rights by land mafias, who generally target disputed properties.
➢ The two-month-long special drive will continue till 15th February 2020.
2. Which state government has signed a pact with Cerestra Managers Pvt Ltd to set up a Special Education Region ______ Gujarat.
➢ The Gujarat government signed a pact with Cerestra Managers Pvt Ltd to set up the Gujarat-Special Education Region (G-SER) at the Dholera Special Investment Region.
➢ The G-SER will be developed as an education hub spread over 1,000 acres that can be expanded up to 5,000 acres to develop university district, school district and innovation district
3. Which state government has collaborated with UN-Women to establish India’s first Gender Data Hub ______ Kerala.
➢ The Gender Hub builds on the goals established through the International Conference on Gender Equality held in November 2015, to collect, analyse and use more nuanced data and inform policy formulation in a manner that centre-stages women’s rights.
4. Which state government has launched ‘PR Insight’ mobile app and web portal ______ Punjab.
➢ The ‘PR Insight’ mobile app and web portal will look after and improve the delivery of citizen-centric services in order to observe responsive and transparent administration in the State.
➢ It will work coordinately in response to the feedback from the people on government policies and schemes.
➢ The app and web portal will help to align the proper execution of existing schemes so that each person can avail the benefits.
➢ It is developed by the Information & Public Relations Department.
5. Which has become the first state to launch blockchain-enabled solar power trading in India and South Asia ______ Uttar Pradesh.
➢ Uttar Pradesh has become the first state to launch blockchain-enabled solar power trading in India and South Asia in a project led by India Smart Grid Forum (ISGF) with Australian technology company Power Ledger.
➢ Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL) and the subsidiary Madhyanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited (MVVNL) will host a pilot project involving peer-to-peer (P2P) trading of energy generated from solar rooftop systems installed on buildings in Lucknow.
➢ India Smart Grid Forum along with two other organisations will execute the project.
➢ The P2P trading platform’s first 12 participants would comprise nine customers with rooftop solar systems (prosumers) and three customers without rooftop solar systems (net buyers).
6. Which state will become the first state in the country to establish a leather park ______ Uttar Pradesh.
➢ A mega leather park will come up in Ramaipur village of Kanpur with an investment of Rs 5,850 crores. With the mega leather cluster at Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh will become the first state in the country to establish a leather park.
➢ The park which is part of the mega leather cluster project is likely to create 50,000 jobs.
➢ The mega leather cluster project will attract an investment of about Rs 13,000 crores.
➢ The leather park will be equipped with an effluent treatment plant to keep a check on pollution.
7. Which state government’s Department of Information Technology, Electronics and Communication has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with India Accelerator to build startup ecosystem ______ Haryana.
➢ The Government is in the process of building a robust Startup Ecosystem for encouraging innovation and entrepreneurship in the state.
➢ The Department of Information Technology, Electronics and Communications, Government (DITECH) Haryana has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with India Accelerator.
8. Rajasthan government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with which IIT to create a data-driven system approach to road safety ______ IIT Madras.
➢ The objective of this collaboration is to enhance road safety measures, increase capacity and capability across the board in the Government to both increase the survivability of road accident victims and reduce occurrence rate in the State.
9. Which state government has signed an MoU with SAP India to digitize and empower MSMEs in the state by equipping them with digital skilling and technologies ______ Telangana.
➢ The program will work towards promoting entrepreneurship for the MSMEs sector, by providing them with access to the global marketplace, digital skilling for the workforce and access to affordable enterprise technology.
10. Which state government has launched a ‘Career Portal’ for secondary and higher secondary students in collaboration with UNICEF ______ Odisha.
➢ The portal will provide easy access to information on different careers and will give students an opportunity to interact with teachers.
➢ Students will also be able to access career guidance services through a mobile friendly app created specifically for the portal.
11. India’s first Lithium refinery is soon going to be set up in which state ______ Gujarat.
➢ The company will import Lithium ore from Australia and will be processing in Gujarat.
➢ Manikaran Power Limited, one of the country’s largest power trading and renewable energy company will incest around Rs 1,000 crore to set up this refinery.
➢ The refinery will process Lithium ore to produce battery-grade material.
1. The 20th edition of the Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) Council of Ministers (COM) Meeting was held under the Chairmanship of ______ United Arab Emirates (UAE).
➢ The theme of the meeting was “Promoting a Shared Destiny and Path to Prosperity in the Indian Ocean”.
➢ The Indian delegation was led by V. Muraleedharan, MoS, Ministry of External Affairs. Sri Lanka has assumed the charge of Vice-Chair of IORA for the period 2021-23.
2. India signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with which country for cooperation in the fields of Health and Medicine, sharing expertise in building climate resilient infrastructure & support to ‘Green Healthcare’ ______ Israel.
➢ The MoU was signed by Israel’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Gabi Ashkenazi & Sanjeev Kumar Singla, India’s ambassador to Israel.
➢ On November 4, 2020, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi had approved the signing of MoU between India & Israel.
3. Which organization has launched ‘COVID-19 Vaccine Market Dashboard’ ______ UNICEF.
➢ The dashboard, in this 1st release offers a routinely updated overview of the global research and development pipeline, the projected production capacity, the bilateral and multilateral supply agreements, that were announced publicly and the reported price points.
➢ The dashboard will be expanded to see the progress towards the goal of the COVAX Facility to achieve 2 billion vaccine doses by the end of 2021.
4. Which country has successfully launched a new remote sensing satellite ‘Yoagan-33’ into space ______ China.
➢ The satellite, Yaogan-33, was launched aboard a Long March-4C rocket and entered the planned orbit successfully. It was the 357th flight mission of the Long March carrier rocket series, the report said.
➢ The mission also sent a micro and nano technology experiment satellite into orbit. The two satellites will be used for scientific experiments, land resources survey, crop yield estimation and disaster prevention and reduction.
1. Who has won the BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2020 ______ Lewis Hamilton.
➢ The 35-year-old driver, who last month equalled Michael Schumacher's record of seven F1 titles, overcame Jordan Henderson and Hollie Doyle to win the British broadcaster's prestigious prize in a public vote.
➢ England midfielder Henderson led Liverpool to its first Premier League title in 30 years.
2. Which academic institutions has bagged a prestigious award of merit in the 2020 United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Asia-Pacific awards for cultural heritage conservation ______ Amar Singh College Srinagar.
➢ The Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH) chapter in the union territory has been administering the conservation work at the 80-year-old building.
➢ Seven conservation projects have been awarded by an international panel of jury members, which reviewed 48 nominees from nine countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
3. Name the 12-year-old Indian boy in the UAE has entered into the Guinness Book of World Records by identifying the most aeroplane tails in a minute ______ Siddhant Gumber.
➢ Siddhant Gumber, an Abu Dhabi-based homeschooled boy who identified 39 aeroplane tails in 60 seconds, is also the youngest Indian to identify top 100 tallest buildings.
➢ His name also features in the India Book’ for being the youngest to identify the top 100 tallest buildings of the world with their respective heights and locations.
4. Which company has been conferred “Excellence” in the prestigious CII-ITC Sustainability Awards 2020 in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Domain at the 15th CII-ITC Sustainability Awards 2020 ______ NTPC Ltd.
➢ NTPC has been honoured in the Corporate Excellence Category, Commendation for Significant Achievement.
➢ This is the highest award conferred by CII-ITC in CSR domain. NTPC is the only PSU to receive the award in the Corporate Excellence category.
➢ NTPC wins the prestigious CII-ITC Sustainability Awards in Corporate Excellence category second time in a row i.e. in the year 2019 and 2020.
5. Who has been conferred with the prestigious “Eminent Engineer Award for the Year 2020’ ______ V.K. Yadav.
➢ Every year Institution of Engineering and Technology, Delhi Local Network celebrates Engineers’ Day on the 15th September to commemorate the birth anniversary of Bharat Ratna Sir M Visvesvaraya.
➢ On this occasion, besides technical activities the Institution also presents Eminent Engineer’s Award to distinguished Engineering personalities for their outstanding services in the field of Engineering and technology.
1. The Indian Hockey men team ranked at what position in the latest rankings released by the International Hockey Federation (FIH) at the end of 2020 ______ 4th.
➢ Belgium Men’s Team will finish 2020 at the top position, while Netherlands women’s team finished 1st.
➢ In January, 2020, FIH released a new method for calculation of World Ranking.
➢ The new method is based on a match-based rankings model, moving away from Tournament-based rankings followed by FIH.
2. Which country will host the 2030 Asian Games as per the announcement made by the Olympic Council of Asia ______ Qatar.
➢ An executive board meeting of the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) unanimously approved the proposal to name the runner-up in the two-horse race for the 2030 games as 2034 hosts.
➢ The decision means Qatar will play host to the multi-sport event eight years after it organises the 2022 football World Cup finals.
3. Which country has got the hosting right for the FIFA Under-20 Men’s World Cup in 2023 ______ Indonesia.
➢ The Bureau of the FIFA Council has decided to cancel the 2021 editions of the men's U-20 World Cup and U-17 World Cup and gave the hosting rights to Indonesia and Peru respectively for the 2023 edition
4. Which country will host the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 ______ Australia and New Zealand.
➢ Australia and New Zealand will host the FIFA Women's World Cup 2023.
➢ The play-off tournament will be used as a test event in Australia and New Zealand for the FIFA Women's World Cup.
5. Name the Russian doubles badminton player has received a five-year ban after being found guilty of offences relating to “betting, wagering and irregular match results ______ Nikita Khakimov.
➢ The BWF opened an investigation against Khakimov after obtaining a statement from a whistleblower, who claimed the shuttler had approached him to manipulate match results at the European Teams Championships held in February 2018.
➢ Khakimov, 32, was part of the Russian men’s team that won the bronze medal at the 2020 European Team Championships.
6. Who wins the Sir Garfield Sobers Award for ICC Male Cricketer of the Decade ______ Virat Kohli.
➢ The winners of the prestigious ICC Awards of the Decade including the Rachel Heyhoe-Flint for Best Female Player and Sir Garfield Sobers for Best Male Player, were announced.
➢ Virat Kohli wins the Sir Garfield Sobers Award for ICC Male Cricketer of the Decade
1. Who has authored the book titled “The Light of Asia: The Poem that Defined the Buddha ______ Jairam Ramesh.
➢ The book will showcase the story of the poem “The Lights of Asia” which shaped the people’s view of Buddha and his teachings.
➢ The book will be published by Viking imprint of Penguin India.
2. Who has authored the book titled “Vajpayee: The Years that changed India” ______ Shakti Sinha.
➢ The new book on former PM was released on his 96th birth anniversary.
➢ Shakti Sinha has worked with Vajpayee as the secretary to the leader of the Opposition (1996-97) and as his private secretary (1998-99).
3. Who has authored the book titled ‘Ayodhya’ ______ Madhav Bhandari.
➢ Former Maharashtra Chief Minister and Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Assembly Devendra Fadnavis released the book ‘Ayodhya’ written by BJP’s State Vice President Madhav Bhandari in Mumbai.
➢ Fadnavis said that the fight to build a Ram temple is a fight to awaken the Hindu community and the book will be used as a reference book.
4. Who has authored the book titled ‘Covid-19: Sabhyata ka Sankat aur Samadhan’ ______ Kailash Satyarthi.
➢ The Hindi book, published by Prabhat Prakashan, discusses how the pandemic has influenced the education system, business, politics, public safety, foreign policy, law, medicine, economy and development of countries.
5. “In Pursuit of Justice: An Autobiography” is an autobiography of ______ Rajindar Sachar.
➢ The family of Late Justice Rajindar Sachar in association with The Indian Society of International Law and The Indian Law Institute is organizing the book launch "In Pursuit Of Justice: An Autobiography" written by Late Justice Rajindar Sachar.
➢ The book has been posthumously published.
6. Who has authored the book (Novel) titled "Antima" ______ Manav Kaul.
➢ Manav Kaul on December 28 presented his first novel "Antima" to Ruskin Bond here and the iconic author said he hopes the book earns the actor "lots of royalties and readers".
➢ The "Ghoul" actor took to Instagram to share a short video in which Bond congratulated him on the release of the Hindi book.
1. The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) will set up its Regional Academic Center for Space (RAC-S) in which IITs ______ IIT-BHU.
➢ In this regard a memorandum of understanding (MoU) was signed between IIT-BHU and ISRO to pave the way for advanced research in the future technology of the Indian space program.
➢ IIT-BHU will act as a catalyst for capacity building, awareness creation and R & D activities of ISRO. The activities of RAC-S shall be directed to maximize the utilization of research potential, infrastructure, expertise available at ISRO and IIT-BHU.
2. India successfully test-fired a medium range surface-to-air missile (MRSAM) from Odisha coast, the missile has been jointly developed by DRDO and which aerospace manufacturer ______ Israel Aerospace Industries.
➢ The missile was fired from a ground mobile launcher at launch pad number-1 of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) near here at 3.55 pm, and it hit the target with accuracy.
➢ An unmanned air vehicle (UAV), 'Banshee', was first flown into the air, which was hit by the MRSAM.
3. Which defence manufacturing group has received ‘green channel status’ from Defence Ministry ______ . L & T Defence.
➢ It has received the status from the Directorate General Quality Assurance (DGQA) under the Ministry of Defence for its major naval weapon delivery systems.
➢ L&T became the first private sector defence company to be granted this (green channel) status for delivery of major naval systems.
4. The 51st Director General (DG) Level Border Coordination Meet between Border Security Force (BSF) and Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) took place in which place ______ Guwahati, Assam.
➢ India was represented by DG Rakesh Asthana and Bangladesh was represented by Major General Md Shafeenul Islam.
➢ The dignitaries discussed border-related issues and assured to develop coordination between the border guarding forces of both nations.
➢ They held discussions about development and infrastructure work to implement a coordinated border management plan and confidence building measures.