1. Which public sector bank has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard under which the bank would offer customised services along with a host of facilities to account holders ______ Bank of Baroda.
➢ The bank has also renewed its existing MoU with the Indian Army to offer specially customised banking services through 'Baroda Military Salary Package'.
➢ Services under 'Baroda Military Salary Package' will be offered to serving and retired personnel of Indian Armed Forces through the Bank's network of over 8,200 domestic branches and around 20,000 business correspondent touch points.
2. Which public sector bank has launched a unique variant of a contactless debit card under the name ‘RuPay Select’, in association with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) ______ Central Bank of India.
➢ This innovative offering by the bank in the form of RuPay Debit Select Card, will focus on customers’ lifestyle, fitness, rejuvenation, nutrition and personal care
➢ Users of Central Bank RuPay Select Debit Card can avail complementary membership and concessional access to golf courses, gyms, spas and restaurants.
3. Which online payments solutions provider has collaborated with Google Pay to introduce tokenized payments flow for merchants in India ______ PayU.
➢ Following this collaboration, Google Pay users will now get an option to pay a PayU merchant with their debit cards, credit cards, or Google Pay UPI.
➢ With the digital token linked to the phone and card information tokenised, Google Pay users can make repeat payments seamlessly and securely.
4. Which general insurance company has partnered with IntrCity RailYatri, a multi-modal intercity mobility platform, to offer domestic travel insurance ______ SBI General Insurance.
➢ The insurance would be offered to bus travelers opting to commute through IntrCity RailYatri, it would be a complimentary travel cover worth Rs 5 lakh which will come along with the travel ticket.
➢ Under the travel insurance, SBI General Insurance would provide a wide variety of coverage including accidental death, permanent total disability, and medical evacuation.
5. The National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER) has projected what per cent of contraction in the India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth ______ 7.3%.
➢ In its mid-year review of the Indian economy, the NCAER said that the long-term effects of the pandemic will last for years.
6. As per the revised guidelines of Union Cabinet for Direct to Home (DTH) broadcasting services what per cent of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) will be allowed in DTH ______ 100%.
➢ It also approved the extension of the license period from 10 years to 20 and a reduced licence fee.
➢ The licence fee had been reduced in keeping with the rates in the telecom sector
➢ Currently, India has 18 crore television sets, out of which 6 crore operate on DTH.
7. Which becomes the 1st Financial Institution (FI) to take the 1st of its kind Farmer Registration and Unified Beneficiary Information System (FRUITS) Portal, e-Governance, Government of Karnataka ______ Canara Bank.
➢ Canara Bank becomes the 1st Financial Institution (FI) to take the project on a pilot basis.
➢ It is the first of its kind technology adoption from the Karnataka govt to combine all 70 lakh farmers in the state with land and other details under a single platform.
➢ The launch was done at the NABARD office, Karnataka at an event organised by NABARD.
8. Which bank secured the top spot in UPI Transaction among the UPI Remitter Banks with 607.92 million transactions ______ State Bank of India.
➢ The State Bank of India (SBI) secured the top spot in UPI Transaction among the UPI Remitter Banks with 607.92 million transactions.
➢ The banks have initiated close to half or 1.1 billion of the total UPI transactions processed in November
➢ HDFC is the third largest UPI-player amongst banks in terms of remittances, clocking close to 179.4 million transactions.
9. The GoI has signed a USD 500 million project with which Bank to build safe and green national highway corridors in Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh ______ World Bank.
➢ The Centre and the World Bank signed a USD 500 million project to build safe and green national highway corridors in Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh.
➢ The project will also enhance the capacity of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways in mainstreaming safety and green technologies.
10. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cancelled the banking licence of which Local Area Bank recently ______ Subhadra Local Area Bank Ltd.
➢ The central bank observed that the Local Area Bank (LAB) had breached the minimum net worth requirement for two quarters in the financial year 2019-20.
➢ The bank was incorporated on July 10, 2003 and received a banking licence from RBI to work as a Local Area Bank in the districts of Kolhapur, Satara, Sangli, Belagavi & Pune.
11. Which financial organisation topped in BFSI Movers and Shakers 2020 report ______ HDFC Bank.
➢ The BFSI Movers and Shakers 2020 Report by Wizikey, a PR- SAAS start-up, highlighted the top 100 banks in India and emerging BFSI models such as Wallets and UPI, Neobanks, NBFCs, Small Finance Bank, Payments Banks, among others, that have found acceptance and their respective sectoral leaders this year.
➢ According to the report, HDFC, ICICI, and SBI were the top three banks of 2020.
12. Which financial institution has announced to provide Rs 2,100 crore loan to the Tripura government for the development of urban areas and tourism in the state ______ Asian Development Bank.
➢ Under the loan arrangement, initially ADB would provide Rs 40 crore for engagement of project design and management consultants for urban and tourism sectors.
➢ Once the projects are prepared, ADB would provide Rs 1,600 crore for development works in urban areas and Rs 500 crore in tourism sector over the next three years.
13. With which organization the National water mission has collaborated for ‘Jal Shakti Abhiyan-II: Catch the Rain” an awareness generation campaign for rain water harvesting ______ Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan.
➢ Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangthan will undertake the campaign covering 623 districts across the nation from December 2020 to March 2021.
➢ NWM has launched a campaign Catch the rain” with tag line “catch the rain, where it falls, when it falls” in order to nudge all stake-holders to create Rain Water Harvesting Structures (RWHS) to store rain water as rains falling in the four/five months of monsoon are the only source of water for most parts of the country.
14. The Asian Development Bank has signed a USD 40 million loan agreement with which organization to support the livelihoods of microfinance borrowers and MSMEs in India ______ Northern Arc Capital Limited.
➢ The loan is disbursed to NACL as part of ADB's ongoing COVID-19 response.
➢ NACL will on-lend the loan proceeds and provide guarantees to financial institutions and individual borrowers.
➢ NACL will also on-lend to affordable housing finance companies.
15. Who among the following to offer loan to construct Lower Kopili Hydroelectric Power (LKHEP) plant in Central Assam, India ______ Asian Development Bank.
➢ The LKHEP plant is expected to double the hydropower generation capacity of the Assam Power Generation Corporation (APGCL).
➢ The plant will produce a total capacity of 120MW of electricity to harness water from the Kopili River, to address power requirements during peak demand periods.
16. With which intergovernmental bank the Indian government has signed a pact worth 400 million dollar to aid the poor and vulnerable reeling under the coronavirus crisis ______ World Bank.
➢ This is the second operation in a programmatic series of two as the first operation of Dollar 750 million was approved in May 2020.
➢ The $400 million credit has been extended by World Bank's concessionary lending arm International Development Association (IDA).
17. The Government of India and which bank have signed a loan agreement for lending $1,000 million to support the rural infrastructure in the country and the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee scheme ______ New Development Bank.
➢ The Government of India and the New Development Bank (NDB) signed a loan agreement for lending $1,000 million for ‘supporting India’s economic recovery from COVID-19’ by supporting expenditures on rural infrastructure related to natural resource management (NRM) and rural employment generation under Government of India’s Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS).
18. Which housing finance company has signed an MoU with the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) to promote green buildings in the country ______ HDFC Ltd.
➢ HDFC intends to work with IGBC to create awareness and promote financing of green buildings in the country.
➢ Under the MOU, HDFC and IGBC will promote green housing by jointly organising training and awareness programmes to facilitate capacity building across the country.
19. Which public sector bank has decided to exit housing finance business ______ Central Bank of India.
➢ State-owned Central Bank of India will exit housing finance joint venture by selling its entire stake of over 64 per cent to Centrum Housing Finance for Rs 160 crore.
➢ The bank has entered into a binding agreement to divest its entire equity stake of 64.40 per cent in Cent Bank Home Finance Ltd (CBHFL), to Centrum Housing Finance.
20. Which life insurance company has acquired 8.99 per cent stake in Paisalo Digital ______ SBI Life.
➢ The transaction was for cash consideration of about ₹186.20 crore.
➢ It has purchased 38 lakh equity shares of the company at ₹489.99 apiece, it further said, adding that the purchase was done in the normal course of business.
21. Which public sector bank has introduced an ‘e-Credit Card’, a digital replica of a physical Credit Card ______ Punjab National Bank.
➢ It will allow PNB customers to use PNB e-credit card at any e-commerce platform or merchant website, without the need of carrying the physical card.
➢ Customers can view PNB e-Credit Cards details by clicking on e-Credit Card facility in PNB Genie Mobile app.
➢ Existing PNB customers will need to update their PNB Genie with the latest app available on Google play store and Apple’s app store to use the new feature.
22. According to the annual report of Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR) India will become the third largest economy by ______ 2030.
➢ India had overtaken the UK in 2019 to become the fifth largest economy in the world but has been relegated to 6th spot in 2020.
➢ The UK-based think tank forecast that China will in 2028 overtake the US to become the world’s biggest economy, five years earlier than previously estimated due to the contrasting recoveries of the two countries from the COVID19 pandemic. Japan would remain the world’s third-biggest economy, in dollar terms, until the early 2030s when it would be overtaken by India, pushing Germany down from fourth to fifth.
23. Which bank has launched its Digital Lending Platform (DLP), which will allow prospective retail loan seekers to get loans digitally through a paperless process ______ Bank of Baroda.
➢ The Platform provides ‘in-principle approval’ for home, car and personal loans in 30 minutes without human intervention. The bank will also offer ‘Online Loan against Fixed Deposits’ via DLP.
➢ Prospective loan seekers can avail the DLP facility through multiple channels — website, mobile banking, internet banking and social media as well.
24. Which bank has announced a partnership with Google which will allow users to issue FASTag using Google Pay ______ ICICI Bank.
➢ Google Pay users will now be able to conveniently order, track, and recharge ICICI Bank FASTags.
➢ The announcement makes ICICI Bank the first bank to join hands with Google Pay for the issuance of FASTag. This will also add competition for Paytm, which currently issues FASTags from the app as well and is quite a popular choice for many customers.
25. Which small finance banks aims to deliver paperless life insurance solutions to its more than 18 lakh customers through digital platform with ICICI Prudential Life Insurance ______ AU Small Finance Bank.
➢ Over 700 banking touch points of AU Bank across 13 states and 2 union territories will receive the entire suite of customer-centric protection and long-term savings products of ICICI Prudential Life for retirement and critical illness.
1. Renowned personality Motilal Vora passed away recently, he was a veteran ______ Politician.
➢ He passed away recently passed away after a prolonged illness.
➢ A former chief minister of Madhya Pradesh, Motialal Vora was also a Rajya Sabha member from Chhattisgarh till April this year.
➢ He was also the AICC general secretary (administration) before the recent party reshuffle by Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
2. Renowned environmental activist personality Sugathakumari passed away recently, she was also a poet of which language ______ Malayalam.
➢ Sugathakumari was an influential voice in the field of Malayalam literature with her works garnering all the major accolades on offer in the country.
➢ She was a recipient of the Kerala Sahitya Akademi award, Kendra Sahitya Akademi award, Odakkuzhal award, Ezhuthachan award among others.
3. Shamsur Rahman Faruqi passed away recently, he was an accomplished ______ Urdu Poet.
➢ Faruqi’s book ‘Kai Chaand The Sar-e-Asmaan’, written in 2006, has been hailed as a masterpiece of Urdu fiction. An English version of this book ‘Mirror of Beauty’ was published in 2013.
➢ He has also translated his stories into English which are included in a book titled ‘The Sun That Rose from the Earth’ in 2014.
➢ He has also been credited with spearheading the revival of the Dastangoi – an urdu oral storytelling art form.
4. Famous sportsperson John Edrich passed away recently, he was associated with which sport ______ Cricket.
➢ Former England opening batsman John Edrich passed away at the age of 83.
➢ John Edrich had a prolific career for England and scored more than 5,000 runs during a 77-match Test career, including 12 centuries.
➢ The batsman was also the captain of Surrey and hit 103 hundreds and more than 39,000 runs in first-class cricket
5. Renowned personality Robin Jackman passed away recently, he was a veteran ______ cricketer.
➢ Jackman played in four Tests and 15 one-day internationals for his country, while he took 1,402 wickets in a 399- game first-class career between 1966 and 1982.
➢ Following his retirement he became a successful commentator in South Africa.
6. Renowned personality Ishwar Bidri passed away recently, he was a veteran ______ cinematographer.
➢ He was best known for his work in popular 1990s films like Andaz Apna Apna and Border.
➢ Ishwar Bidri is best known for his longstanding collaboration with filmmaker JP Dutta for whom he shot action dramas like Yateem, Hathyar, Batwara in the late 1980s and the 1998 war epic Border.
7. Renowned personality Sunil Kothari passed away recently, he was an eminent ______ dance scholar.
➢ A Sangeet Natak Akademi fellow, Kothari blazed a new trail in documenting Indian classical dance forms.
➢ Kothari received numerous titles and awards for his contribution to Indian dance forms including the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award (1995); the Gaurav Puraskar conferred by the Gujarat Sangeet Natak Akademi (2000); the Padma Shri bestowed by the Government of India (2001); and the Life Time Achievement Award of the Dance Critics Association, New York, USA (2011).He was also an elected Fellow of Sangeet Natak Akademi for his contribution to Indian dance as a scholar.
1. In India the National Mathematics Day is observed every year on which date ______ 22nd December.
➢ The main objective behind celebrating the day is to raise awareness among people about the importance of mathematics for the development of humanity.
➢ National Mathematics Day was first observed in 2012 when former Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh declared this day as National Mathematics Day on February 26, 2012.
2. National Farmers’ Day is observed every year on which date ______ 23rd December.
➢ Kisan Diwas or National Farmers’ Day is observed on December 23, the birth anniversary of Chaudhary Charan Singh, the fifth prime minister of India.
➢ This day is of vital significance as it lays the idea of empowering the farmers of the society with the latest learnings of the agricultural sector.
3. What is the theme of National Consumer Rights Day being celebrated every year on 24th December ______ The Sustainable Consumer.
➢ On December 24, 1986, Consumer Protection Act 1986 received the approval of the President of India and hence, came into force. Consumer Protection Act 1986 aims to provide few rights to the consumers in order to save them from the damages caused to them due to different unfair trade practices.
4. National Good governance day is observed annually on ______ December 25.
➢ The day is also celebrated to commemorate the birth anniversary of India’s former Prime Minister, Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
➢ The day aims to let the citizens, the students, who are the future of the country know about the government’s responsibilities and duties that it needs to fulfill.
5. Ministry of skills development joins hands with which entities to provide digital learning content for students at industrial training institutes (ITIs) ______ Microsoft and NASSCOM.
➢ Nearly 1,20,000 students in around 3000 ITIs across India can be benefited by this digitized e-learning module via the Bharatskills portal.
➢ Microsoft has also facilitated access to the free content available on the Microsoft Learn platform for more than 24 lakh students in the ITI ecosystem, by linking the Global Skilling Initiative (GSI) through the Bharatskills platform.
6. The first ever International Day of Epidemic Preparedness, observed on ______ 27 December 2020.
➢ The International Day of Epidemic Preparedness aims to promote international awareness and action on the prevention of, preparedness for and partnership against epidemics.
1. Who has been appointed as the new President of the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) ______ Vineet Agarwal.
➢ Managing Director of logistics major Transport Corporation of India Limited Vineet Agarwal has taken over as the new President of The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (Assocham), the industry body said.
➢ He replaces Niranjan Hiranandani, Co-Founder and Managing Director, Hiranandani Group of Companies.
➢ Sumant Sinha, Chairman and Managing Director of ReNew Power, is the new Senior Vice-President of Assocham.
2. Who has been appointed as Romania’s new prime minister ______ Florin Citu.
➢ Some 260 lawmakers in Romania’s 465-seat, two-chamber assembly on Wednesday voted for the new government, while 186 voted against.
➢ Former investment banker and finance minister Florin Citu become the new prime minister at a time when Romania is struggling against the ongoing coronavirus pandemic and its economic fallout.
3. Who has become the Country’s Youngest Mayor from Kerala’s Capital Thiruvananthapuram ______ Arya Rajendran.
➢ The party district committee has decided to field S Arya Rajendran as the mayor candidate on behalf of the LDF and Suresh Kumar as the District panchayat president of Thiruvananthapuram.
➢ In the recent civic polls, the LDF has won 51 wards in the 100-member prestigious corporation of the Kerala capital.
➢ Rajendran is a state committee member of the Students Federation of India (SFI) and also the state president of Balasangam, the children’s wing of the Left party.
4. Who has been nominated as the board member of the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunisation (GAVI) ______ Dr. Harsh Vardhan.
➢ Dr Vardhan will represent the South East Area Regional Office (SEARO)/ Western Pacific Regional Office (WPRO) constituency on the GAVI Board. Dr Vardhan will assume the charge with effect from January 1, 2021, and serve till December 31, 2023.