Q.1. Which ministry has launched the Open Acreage Licensing Programme (OALP) Bid Round-VII for International Competitive Bidding?
Correct Answer is Ministry of Petroleum.
- Eight blocks are being bid out under the round.
- These include five on-land blocks (four in Category-I Basin and one in Category-III Basin), two shallow water blocks (both in Category-I Basin) and one ultra-deep-water block (Category-I Basin).
- “It is expected that OALP Round VII would generate an immediate exploration work commitment of around $ 300-400 million.
Q.2. The Central Public Health and Environmental Engineering Organisation (CPHEEO) organized a “Technical Conference cum Exhibition on 24x7 Water Supply Systems” in which city?
Correct Answer is New Delhi.
- Organized by: Central Public Health and Environmental Engineering Organisation (CPHEEO)
- It will ensure prevention of water contamination, control of NRW, equitable water supply and bring efficiency in terms of financial sustainability by attracting PPP funding.
Q.3. According to Hurun Global Unicorn Index 2021, what is India’s rank in having highest number of unicorns?
Correct Answer is third.
- The report, released shows that Bengaluru has more unicorns than cities like Boston, Palo Alto, Paris, Berlin, Chicago among others, with a tally of 28 such companies--the seventh-highest in the world.
- India has more than doubled the number of unicorns from last year and overtook the UK in the tally.
Q.4. Who has launched India’s first of its kind Geographic Information System (GIS) Based ‘Automatic Water Supply System’ for citizens of Cantonment Boards under eChhawani project?
Correct Answer is Rajnath Singh.
- It is an easy and fast application with 100% automatic process.
- The module for this system has been developed by Bhaskaracharya Institute for Space Applications and Geo informatics (BISAG) under the guidance of Defence Secretary and Director General of Defence Estates (DGDE), Delhi.
Q.5. Under which scheme PM Narendra Modi has provided Rs 1000 crore to Community Investment Fund to transfer bank accounts of self help groups to benefit around 16 lakh women?
Correct Answer is Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihood Mission.
- It is administered under the National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM) for improving the quality of life and for providing other social needs of the members in the Self Help Group.
- It is intended to encourage innovative community enterprise and also to provide small amounts as loan or grant to those tormented by poverty.
Q.6. In how many languages the Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog has launched the first of its kind Vernacular Innovation Program which enables innovators and entrepreneurs to have access to the innovative ecosystem?
Correct Answer is 22 languages.
- By providing access to learning in one's language and culture, Atal Innovation Mission aims to create equal opportunity for the vernacular innovators.
- AIM will identify and train the Vernacular Task Force (VTF) in each of the 22 scheduled languages to build the required capacity of the VIP.
Q.7. Which university has won the "Digital Innovation of the Year" award at the distinguished Times Higher Education (THE) Asia Awards 2021 ?
Correct Answer is O.P. Jindal Global University (JGU), Sonipat.
- JGU was the Only Indian University to be Shortlisted for the "Digital Innovation of the Year"
- JGU's win at the THE Awards is a recognition of JGU's successful digital transformation and impact over the last two years.
Q.8. Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) comes under the ambit of which ministry?
Correct Answer is Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions.
- In March, 1964, a Department of Administrative Reforms was set up within the Ministry of Home Affairs and Organisation and Method (O & M) Division was transferred to its charge from the Cabinet Secretariat.
- On 07th February, 1973, the work relating to Department of Administrative Reforms was transferred to Department of Personnel created under Cabinet Secretariat on 01st August, 1970 and was re-designated as Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms.
Q.9. Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of Renukaji Dam project in which state that was pending for around three decades?
Correct Answer is Himachal Pradesh.
- He will lay the foundation stone of Renukaji Dam project which is lying pending for around three decades.
- Also, he inaugurated the Sawra-Kuddu Hydro Power Project.
- The 111 MW Project has been built at a cost of around ₹2,080 crore
Q.10. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh laid the foundation stone for a Defence Technology & Test Centre (DTTC) in which city of Uttar Pradesh to accelerate the growth of the defence and aerospace manufacturing clusters in Uttar Pradesh Defence Industrial Corridor?
Correct Answer is Lucknow.
- A first-of-its-kind DTTC is being set up to accelerate the growth of the defence and aerospace manufacturing clusters in Uttar Pradesh Defence Industrial Corridor.
- The Brahmos manufacturing centre, announced by BrahMos Aerospace, is a modern, state-of-the-art facility in the Lucknow node of UP DIC.
Q.11. Who will chair the high-level committee constituted by the central government to to examine the possibility of withdrawing the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act (AFSPA) in Nagaland?
Correct Answer is Vivek Joshi.
- Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India Vivek Joshi will head the five-member committee and Additional Secretary in the Union Home Ministry Piyush Goyal will be its Member-Secretary.
- The Chief Secretary and Director General of Police of Nagaland and the DGP of Assam Rifles will be the other members of the committee.
Q.12. According to the NITI Aayog’s fourth edition of the State Health Index for 2019–20 titled “Healthy States, Progressive India”, which state at the top among the larger states, in overall ranking based on the composite index score in 2019– 20?
Correct Answer is Kerala.
- Among the ‘Larger States’, in terms of annual incremental performance, Uttar Pradesh, Assam and Telangana are the top three ranking states.
- Among ‘Smaller States’, Mizoram and Meghalaya registered the maximum annual incremental progress.
Q.13. According to the Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) 2021, which institute has been recognised as the Most Innovative Educational Institute in India, in the technical ranking?
Correct Answer is Indian Institute of Technology Madras.
- ARIIA 2021 classifies participating institutions into two major categories; technical and non-technical.
- In the technical ranking, the Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras) has been recognised as the Most Innovative Educational Institute in India.
Q.14. Which railway station has been renamed as Veerangana Laxmibai Railway Station?
Correct Answer is Indore Railway Station.
- Earlier the Mughalsarai Railway station was renamed as Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya junction and the Faizabad Railway station as Ayodhya Cantt.
- Since coming to power, Mr Adityanath government has changed names of several establishments including those of Faizabad and Allahabad districts, which were renamed as Ayodhya and Prayagraj, respectively.
Q.1. Which state government has approved a proposal for the establishment of a “teachers’ university”?
Correct Answer is Delhi.
- Admissions to the new university will start in the 2022-2023 academic session.
- This university is aimed at preparing high-quality and well-trained teachers.
- The Delhi government will place the 'Delhi Teachers University' Bill 2021 in the state assembly in the coming session.
Q.2. Which state government has announced to give 1 per cent reservation to transgenders in Police?
Correct Answer is Karnataka.
- The notification issued is the first by a government department in Karnataka calling for applications from the transgender community.
- This move will help in changing the perception towards transgenders.
- It will bring them into mainstream and remove all the prejudices against them in society.
Q.3. Which state/UTs signed an MoU with University College Birmingham (UCB) at India Global Forum, held in Taj Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)?
Correct Answer is Jammu and Kashmir.
- The MoU was signed between the Director Industries and Commerce, Jammu, Anoo Malhotra and International Recruitment, University College Birmingham, Eileen Pryer in the presence of Counsel General of India, Aman Puri.
- For the first time, UCB has decided to set up an office in Jammu and Kashmir to tie up with local educational institutions to facilitate academic exchange programmes and enable students to secure admissions at reduced fees.
Q.4. The Government of India (GoI) and the German development bank KfW signed agreements for a Euro 140 million reduced interest loan and Euro 2 million grant for an energy reform programme in?
Correct Answer is Madhya Pradesh.
- The project will contribute to a more stable, secure and climate and environmentally friendly energy supply in India by upgrading and strengthening distribution networks in Madhya Pradesh.
- It will contribute to an effective, technically and economically efficient as well as socially and ecologically sustainable energy supply.
Q.5. Which state has topped the composite ranking in the Good Governance Index 2021?
Correct Answer is Gujarat.
- Delhi topped the Union territories category composite ranking.
- In the indicators launched by Union home minister Amit Shah, Uttar Pradesh showed an 8.9 per cent incremental growth in the period 2019 to 2021 while the Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir registered an improvement of 3.7 per cent in the same period.
Q.6. Which state top among the among the 34 states and Union Territories (UTs) in the implementation of the Shyama Prasad Mukherji Rurban Mission (SPMRM)?
Correct Answer is Telangana.
- The mission was launched four years ago to stimulate local economic development, enhance basic services and create well planned clusters.
- Tamil Nadu and Gujarat took the second and third positions respectively.
Q.7. Which state government has launched a health service management centre (HSMC) for monitoring various national and state-level health schemes?
Correct Answer is Gujarat.
- HSMC aims to monitor the benefits received under various government schemes such as Pradhan Mantri Jan Aarogya Yojana (PMJAY), Mukhyamantri Amrutam (MA) scheme, nutrition-related schemes, maternal and child health schemes, and other similar government schemes, in addition to tracking the number of beneficiaries enrolled.
Q.8. Which state government recently has launched Kaushal Rozgar Nigam Portal?
Correct Answer is Haryana.
- A patrika named ‘Vyavastha Parivartan Se Susashan’ along with the official calendar of year 2022 was also launched.
- Now all the problems of the public are being solved easily through CM Window. So far, more than 8.5 lakh issues have been resolved.
Q.9. Which state government has launched Digital Life Certificate system for pensioners?
Correct Answer is Odisha.
- Odisha is the first state in the country to implement such a digital service for pensioners.
- Under the Digital Life Certificate system, identification and life certificates can be submitted by the pensioners using an Artificial Intelligence-based video-verification process.
Q.1. Which country has created the world's first dual-mode vehicle (DMV) that can run on both roads and rail tracks?
Correct Answer is Japan.
- The railbus is set to make its public debut on Saturday in the town of Kaiyo in Japan.
- The DMV looks like a minibus and runs on normal rubber tyres on the road.
- It also has steel wheels in its underbelly which descend when it hits the rail tracks.
- The front tyres are lifted off the track and the rear wheels stay down to propel the DMV onto the railway.
Q.2. Which of the following countries set to become the newest member of the New Development Bank (NDB) (BRICS Bank)?
Correct Answer is Egypt.
- Egypt is the fourth new member admitted into NDB, after Bangladesh, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Uruguay, further expanding the bank's global outreach.
- Egypt is one of the world’s fastest-growing countries, a major economy in the African continent and the Middle East region as well as a key player in development finance institutions.
Q.3. Which country has successfully conducted third test of its Angara A5 space rocket with a full mock payload?
Correct Answer is Russia.
- The Angara is being developed and built by the Khrunichev State Research and Production Space Center in Moscow, Russia.
- This marks the 3rd launch of the rocket after its maiden launch in 2014.
Q.4. World’s longest Metro line opened in which city?
Correct Answer is Shanghai.
- With the inauguration of the new Metro lines, the Shanghai subway network will expand largely along 831km.
- Now, Shanghai city boasts 508 stations.
- Over 10 million people use the system on an average workday.
Q.1. Who has won the UN Women's Award for Leadership Commitment at the 2021 Regional Asia-Pacific Women's Empowerment Principles Awards ceremony?
Correct Answer is Divya Hegde.
- She has been recognized for her sustained efforts in advancing gender equality through climate action efforts with her organization, Baeru Environmental Services
- She worked in the areas of waste management, creation of livelihoods for rural women, and developing a circular economy in the region.
Q.2. Who has been awarded the prestigious Global Environment and Climate Action Citizen Award in Dubai?
Correct Answer is Viral Sudhirbhai Desai.
- Among the 28 personalities from 11 countries (which includes the United Kingdom(UK), the United States(US), New Zealand, France, and Malaysia,) who were honoured with this award, Viral Desai was the only Indian to win the honour for climate change
Q.3. Who has won the Sushila Devi Award 2021?
Correct Answer is Anukrti Upadhyay.
- It has been instituted by Ratanlal Foundation.
- It was announced by Ratanlal Foundation and organizing Committee of the Bhopal Literature and Art Festival
Q.4. Who has won the won the Ramnath Goenka award in the “Uncovering India Invisible” category for his 2019 story “Death by Digital Exclusion”?
Correct Answer is Shiv Sahay Singh.
- It exposed how the Jharkhand government’s insistence on digitisation deprived people living on the margins of the benefits of the public distribution system (PDS).
- The story detailed the Jharkhand government’s decision to plug leakages in the PDS by linking all ration cards to Aadhaar.
Q.5. Who has been named as the 2021 Person of the Year by the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA)?
Correct Answer is Alia Bhatt.
- Alia Bhatt is an animal lover and often shares pictures with her pets.
- This year, Alia Bhatt invested in Phool, the company behind Fleather, which is a vegan leather made from discarded temple flowers.
- Her vegan kidswear line, Ed-a-Mamma, also won a 2021 PETA India fashion award for helping to nurture kids’ love for animals and nature.
Q.6. Eminent author Namita Gokhale won Sahitya Akademi Award for her novel?
Correct Answer is Things to Leave Behind.
- Ms. Gokhale was awarded for her novel Things to Leave Behind and Ms. Pujari for Iyat Ekhan Aaronya Asil.
- Seven books of poetry, five of short stories, two plays, one each of biography, autobiography, criticism and epic poetry had won the Sahitya Akademi Awards 2021.
Q.7. Who has been awarded as the ‘Journalist of the Year’ for 2020 by the Mumbai Press Club?
Correct Answer is Danish Siddiqui.
- Danish Siddiqui's wife Frederike Siddiqui received the award.
- Senior journalist Prem Shankar Jha, 83, was bestowed with the lifetime achievement award "for his long and distinguished career of incisive and analytical writing".
Q.1. Which country’s Under-19 Women’s team won SAFF U-19 Women’s Football Championship in Dhaka’s?
Correct Answer is Bangladesh.
- Only goal of the game came in the 80th minute when Anai Mogini scored a goal to make Bangladesh victorious.
- 2021 SAFF U-19 Women's Championship:
- It is an international football competition for women's under-19 national teams organized by SAFF
- It was the 2nd edition of SAFF U-19 Women's Championship.
Q.2. Aanchal Thakur associated with which sports?
Correct Answer is Skiing.
- She finished 3rd with an overall timing of 1:54:30.
- With this, Aanchal has become first Indian Ski athlete to win two medals at international level.
- She has previously won bronze medal in the 2018 FIS Alpine 3200 Cup held in Turkey.
Q.3. Which state has won their maiden Vijay Hazare Trophy beating Tamil Nadu in the final in Jaipur?
Correct Answer is Himachal Pradesh.
- Himachal Pradesh skipper Rishi Dhawan won the toss and put Dinesh Karthik-led Tamil Nadu to bat.
- Youngster Shubham Arora came out all guns blazing with his maiden List A century as Himachal downed fivetime champions Tamil Nadu.
- Tamil Nadu have been the best domestic side in the country in white-ball cricket since the 2019-20 season.
Q. 4. Which team has won the Pro Tennis League 2021?
Correct Answer is Team Radiant.
- Davis Cupper Saketh Myneni led the Team Radiant.
- Saketh outclassed reigning National champion Niki Poonacha 5-0 in the third rubber to gain a four-point lead for the team which proved decisive in the eventual analysis.
Q.5. Who has won her maiden 20th edition of the NECC Deccan $25,000 Women’s ITF Championships?
Correct Answer is Moyuka Uchijima.
- The 20-year-old outlasted Diana Marcinkevica of Latvia 6-2, 7-5 in the singles final.
- With junior Sara Saito winning two back-to-back ITF junior events earlier in December, Uchijima capped the hattrick for Japan with her victory.
Q.6. Which state has won the 11th Junior National Men’s Hockey Championship 2021?
Correct Answer is Uttar Pradesh.
- UP maintained its 100 percent record in the tournament.
- Top scorer of tournament: Sharda Nand Tiwari.
- Hockey Association of Odisha edged out Haryana by 3 - 2 in a closely contested affair to clinch 3rd place in the Championship.
Q.1. Who is the author of the book titled ‘Bachelor Dad’?
Correct Answer is Tusar Kapoor.
- He has shared his journey of being a single father in the new book.
- The actor has shared his journey of the ‘slightly unconventional road to fatherhood’ in his debut book, Bachelor Dad.
- On the cover of the book, he can be seen carrying his son.
Q.1. The first batch of indigenously developed next-generation armoured engineer reconnaissance vehicles was inducted into the Army. The vehicles were manufactured by ?
Correct Answer is Ordnance Factory Medak & Bharat Electronics Limited.
- The vehicle has been designed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and manufactured by Ordnance Factory Medak and Bharat Electronics Limited, Pune.
- It is capable of carrying out reconnaissance of water obstacles and boggy patches for execution of engineer tasks with capabilities to carry out reconnaissance.
Q.2. What is the strike range of the indigenously developed surface-to-surface missile 'Pralay'?
Correct Answer is 150-500 kilometres.
- The missile is powered with solid propellant rocket motor and many new technologies.
- The missile has a range of 150-500 kilometre and can be launched from a mobile launcher.
- The missile guidance system includes state-of-the-art navigation system and integrated avionics.
Q.3. Minister of Defence Rajnath Singh unveiled indigenously built Multi-terrain Artillery Gun (MArG 155) – BR which is the only 155mm 39 calibre gun system mounted on 4×4 HMV (High Mobility Vehicle) in the world. It is developed by which unit?
Correct Answer is Bharat Forge Ltd.
- The Made-In-India Multi-terrain Artillery Gun (MArG) 155 – BR is the only 155mm 39 caliber gun system mounted on 4×4 HMV in the world.
- The vehicle weighs 18 ton and has the capability to be deployed even in mountain regions.
- The gun system is equipped with shoot and scoot capability, providing advanced technical performance and high integration.
Q.4. The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully conducted the flight test of indigenously developed HEAT Abhyas. What is full form of HEAT?
Correct Answer is High-speed Expendable Aerial Target.
- During its trial, high subsonic speed trajectory at a very low altitude with high endurance was demonstrated.
- Two boosters provided initial acceleration during launch and small turbojet engine was used to sustain high subsonic speed with long endurance.
- Developed by: Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE), Bengaluru, along with other DRDO laboratories.
Q.5. Indian Navy has decommissioned INS Khukri after 32 years of service at a solemn ceremony held at Visakhapatnam. It is the first of the indigenously built?
Correct Answer is corvettes.
- It had the distinction of being part of both the Western and Eastern Fleets.
- The corvette was built by the Mazagaon Dock Shipbuilders and commissioned on August 23, 1989.
Q.6. The Indian army, along with the National Security Council Secretariat (NSCS), established a Quantum Lab in which institution?
Correct Answer is Military College of Telecommunication and Engineering (MCTE), Mhow.
- Military College of Telecommunication Engineering (MCTE) is a leading government college based in Mhow which provides an array of academic courses and programmes.
- Indian Army has also established an Artificial Intelligence (AI) Centre at MCTE with over 140 deployments in necessary fields.