1. Which Bank has launched ‘AURA’, a credit card with health and wellness benefits at an affordable price for its individual users ______ Axis Bank.
➢ The features of the card is powered by Poshvine , Decathlon, Practo, Fitternity, IndushealthPlus, 1MG etc.,
➢ The aim of the card is to provide complete health and wellness solutions to its users.
➢ Cardholders will can get discount on annual medical checkup through IndushealthPlus.
2. Which payments bank has partnered with Suryoday Small Finance Bank (SFB) Ltd to enable its account holders to avail Fixed Deposit (FD) services ______ Paytm Payments Bank.
➢ The payments bank has already been offering fixed deposits service in collaboration with IndusInd Bank with a minimum investment of Rs. 100.
➢ With the partnership with Suryoday SFB the Paytm Payments Bank has become the 1st payments bank in India to launch the multi-partner FD service.
3. The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has given approval to the deal between Future Group and which industry, where Future group will sell its retail, wholesale, logistics and warehouse businesses to Reliance Retail for Rs 24,713 crore ______ Reliance retail Ltd.
➢ This deal was earlier approved by Competition Commission of India(CCI).
➢ This acquisition is part of the scheme in which Future Group is merging certain companies carrying on the above said businesses into Future Enterprises Limited (FEL).
➢ The retail & wholesale undertaking will be transferred to Reliance Retail and the Fashion Lifestyle Limited (RRFLL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of RRVL.
4. Which Payments Bank has launched ‘Safe Pay’ a safe way to pay digitally to protect Airtel customers from the growing incidents of online payment frauds ______ Airtel Payments Bank.
➢ With ‘Airtel Safe Pay’, Airtel customers making UPI or net banking-based payments through Airtel Payments Bank, no longer have to worry about money flowing out of their accounts without their explicit consent.
➢ An India-First innovation, ‘Airtel Safe Pay’ leverages Airtel’s ‘telco exclusive’ strength of network intelligence to provide an additional layer of payment validation, compared to the industry norm of two-factor authentication.
5. As per the latest World Economic Outlook released by International Monetary Fund (IMF) the Indian Economy will grow by what percent in the FY 2021-22 ______ 11.5 per cent.
➢ India is the only major economy forecast to grow in double digits next year and forecast to follow that up with the highest 6.8% rise in the FY23 fiscal.
➢ The latest forecast for India’s FY22 gross domestic product (GDP) marks an upward revision from the 8.8% growth the IMF had estimated in its last assessment in October.
6. As per the ‘World Economic Situation and Prospects 2021’, produced by the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA), India's economy is projected to grow at what per cent in 2021 ______ 7.3 per cent.
➢ The World Economic Situation and Prospects 2021, produced by the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA), said the world economy was hit by a once-in-a-century crisis a Great Disruption unleashed by the Covid-19 pandemic in 2020.
➢ The global economy shrank by 4.3 per cent last year, over two-and-a-half times more than during the global financial crisis of 2009. The modest recovery of 4.7 per cent expected in 2021 would barely offset the losses of 2020.
7. Global financial services major HSBC has inaugurated its International Banking Unit (IBU) branch in which state ______ Gujarat.
➢ HSBC is one of the earliest global financial institutions setting up a branch at India's GIFT City and was the first bank to get a licence from the newly set up International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA), said a release by the company.
➢ HSBC's IBU branch at Gujarat International Finance Tec City (GIFT City) will be operational for customer transactions with effect from January 27.
8. With which entity the government of India has signed a strategic partnership agreement to strengthen cooperation in global energy security, stability andsustainability ______ International Energy Agency (IEA).
➢ This partnership will lead to an extensive exchange of knowledge and would be a stepping stone towards India becoming a full member of IEA.
➢ The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed by Power Secretary Sanjiv Nandan Sahai and IEA Executive Director Fatih Birol.
9. Which company has ranked first most-valued IT services brand globally, according to a report by Brand Finance ______ Accenture.
➢ According to a report by Brand Finance, Accenture retained the title of world's most valuable and strongest IT services brand with a record brand value of $26 billion, while IBM continued at the second place with brand value of $16.1 billion
10. According to a report by Brand Finance, Indian IT firm Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) ranked at what place ______ Third.
➢ Four Indian IT services companies -- TCS, Infosys, HCL and Wipro -- secured spots in the top-10 global tally.
➢ TCS has celebrated strong revenue growth as demand grows for its core transformation services and through winning deals - worth over $6.8 billion in the fourth quarter of 2020 alone.
11. What amount India has pledged UN peacebuilding as a token of engagement ______ USD 1,50,000.
➢ On India's peacebuilding efforts at UN, ambassador Tirumurti said, "As the world's largest democracy, we are conscious of the need to prioritize the building of governance structure to strengthen democracy and the rule of law.
➢ India also recognizes the critical role played by women and youth in peacebuilding activities. Strengthening security structures go hand in hand with strengthening civilian structures of good governance."
12. In accordance with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) data, overseas investment by domestic firms fell by over ______ 42%.
➢ Of the total FDI investment, USD 775.41 million was in the form of equity infusion, USD 382.91 million was in the form of loan, and USD 287.63 million was in the form of issuance of guarantee.
➢ In November 2020, the total outward foreign direct investment (OFDI) was also trimmed by 27% to USD 1.06 billion as compared to October 2020.
13. Which general insurance company has launched Krishi Sakha App, a one-stop-shop for Indian farmers that offers them relevant information to cater their daily farming needs ______ Bharti AXA General Insurance.
➢ The farmers through this app will also have access to the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) portal for crop insurance related information.
➢ The aim of it is to empower farmers and educate them to enhance their farming knowledge and productivity.
14. As per the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)’s recent Economic Outlook Survey, India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is expected to contract by ______ 8 per cent.
➢ The survey projected the Fiscal deficit for 2020-21 at 5%.
➢ It also expects the Indian economy will perform better and have a median GDP growth rate of 9.6% for the financial year 2021-22, with a minimum growth and maximum growth at 7.5%and 12.5% respectively.
15. The government has approved closure of which loss-making state-owned firm ______ Scooters India Limited.
➢ In a BSE filing, Scooters India said the Ministry of Heavy Industry and Public Enterprises has communicated that the competent authority has approved the closure. It has also cleared seeking a loan (with interest) of ₹ 65.12 crore required for the closure from the Government of India.
➢ The Scooters India brand name shall be sold separately as the company holds famous brands such as Lambretta, Vijai Super, Vikram and Lambro.
16. According to the report titled “World Economic Situation and Prospects 2021” by the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN-DESA), the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of India in FY 2020-21 is estimated to contract by ______ 9.6 per cent.
➢ This projection is highest among major economies of the world.
➢ On the global front, the economy is contracted by 4.3%(-4.3%) in 2020 but it projected a recovery of 4.7% in 2021.
➢ Earlier, International Labour Organization (ILO) also released its 7th edition of report title “ILO Monitor: COVID-19 and the world of work” which states that in 2020, the world faced a job loss of 255 million jobs where South Asia accounted for 80 million.
17. According to the Futures Industry Association (FIA), which stock exchange remained the world’s largest derivatives exchange for the second consecutive year in 2020 in terms of number of contracts traded ______ National Stock Exchange of India.
➢ In addition, the bourse has been ranked fourth in the world in cash equities by number of trades by the World Federation of Exchanges (WFE) for calendar year 2020.
➢ In the capital market segment, NSE has listed T-bills (Treasury Bills) and SDLs (State Development Loans) facilitating investors to transact in these securities, in addition to the existing dated Government Securities (G-sec) available for trading.
1. Renowned personality Unnikrishnan Namboothiri has passed recently, he was veteran ______ Actor.
➢ The actor, who had charmed viewers with his benevolent grandfather roles, died a day after it was reported that he had recovered from COVID-19.
➢ The actor had started his career in the 1990s when he was well over 70 years of age. But his performances have seeped into the psyche of cinema lovers. Some of his notable works are Kaliyattam, Kalyana Raman, Madhuranombarakattu, Pokkiri Raja and Rappakal.
2. Renowned personality Cloris Leachman passed away recently, she was a veteran ______ Actor.
➢ A character actor of extraordinary range, Leachman defied typecasting. In her early television career, she appeared as Timmy's mother on the "Lassie" series. She played a frontier prostitute in "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid," a crime spree family member in "Crazy Mama," and Blucher in Mel Brooks' "Young Frankenstein," in which the very mention of her name drew equine commentary.
3. Larry King, iconic radio and television host, who passed away hailed from which country ______ USA.
➢ The company he co-founded, Ora Media, did not state a cause of death but media reports said King had been battling Covid-19 for weeks and had suffered several health problems in recent years.
4. Renowned personality Narendra Chanchal passed away recently, he was a veteran ______ Bhajan singer.
➢ He sang a Bollywood song Beshak Mandir Masjid for the 1973 film Bobby and won Filmfare Best Male Playback Award.
➢ Some of his ever-popular bhajans include Chalo Bulawa Aaya Hai, Tune Mujhe Bulaya Sherawaliye, Ambe Tu Hai Jagadambe Kali, Hanuman Chalisa, Sankat Mochan Naam Tiharo, Ram Se Bada Ram Ka Naam among others.
5. Renowned sportsperson Prasanta Dora passed away, he was associated with which sports ______ Football.
➢ He was represented Tollygunge Agragami, Calcutta Port Trust, Mohammedan Sporting, Mohun Bagan and East Bengal in domestic football.
➢ He has also adjudged the Best Goalkeeper when Bengal lifted back-to-back Santosh Trophy titles in 1997-98 and 99.
1. National Girl Child Day in India is celebrated every year on ______ 24th January.
➢ National Girl Child day 2021 is being celebrated across the country with the objective of raising awareness on the issue of declining Child Sex Ratio (CSR).
➢ The celebrations will also mark the anniversary of Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao (BBBP) scheme.
2. International Day of Education is observed every year on which date ______ 24th January.
➢ Every year, International Education Day is celebrated with a unique theme. Considering the COVID-19 pandemic, this year’s theme for International Education Day is “Recover and Revitalize Education for the COVID-19 Generation.”
3. The National Voters Day is observed every year on which date ______ 25th January.
➢ The Election Commission was founded in 1950 on this day. The occasion was first celebrated in 2011.
➢ This year's theme is "Making Our Voters Empowered, Vigilant, Safe and Informed". One focus this year is highlighting the EC's feat of running elections safely during the pandemic.
4. National Tourism Day is observed every year on which date in India ______ 25th January.
➢ It is not known when exactly this day came about. However, in 1948, a Tourist Traffic Committee was formed to promote tourism. The first regional offices of the same were established in Delhi and Mumbai. Three years later, in 1951, more offices were added in Kolkata and Chennai.
5. International Customs Day (ICD) is celebrated every year on which date ______ 26th January.
➢ It is the day designated to honour the custom officials and agencies for their function in taking care of the flow of goods across the world borders.
➢ 2021 will witness the theme of “Customs bolstering recovery, renewal and resilience” which will focus on the endeavours of customs to emerge from the pandemic crisis and help people.
6. 'Data Privacy Day' is observed every year on which date to create awareness and promote privacy and data protection ______ 28th January.
➢ The main motto is to enhance awareness among businesses and users about protecting the privacy of their personal information online.
➢ Recently there has been a hue and cry from different sections of people when WhatsApp has announced data transfer of its users to it' parent organisation the Facebook.
7. Every year, Martyrs’ Day is observed on ______ 30th January.
➢ The day is marked the death anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, known as the father of the nation, across the country.
➢ Martyrs’ Day or ‘Shaheed Diwas’ aims to pay tribute to the freedom fighters who lost their lives fighting for the freedom, welfare and progress of our nation.
1. Who has been appointed as the new Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of Telecommunications Consultants India Limited (TCIL) ______ Sanjeev Kumar.
➢ According to an order from the Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT), Kumar has been appointed to the post for a period of five years from the date of assumption of the charge of the post, or till the age of superannuation, or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
➢ He is currently serving as Director (Technical) in Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL).
2. Who has been appointed as the Managing Director (MD) of India’s largest insurer Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) ______ Siddhartha Mohanty.
➢ Currently, he is serving as the managing director (MD) and chief executive officer (CEO) of LIC Housing Finance.
➢ He will serve as the MD of LIC till his superannuation on June 30, 2023.
➢ Mohanty will be replacing TC Suseel Kumar, who is set to retire on January 31, 2021.
3. Who has been appointed to the 20-members High-Level Advisory Board of United Nations that will provide recommendations for the U.N. Secretary-General to respond to the current and future socio-economic challenges in the post-COVID-19 world ______ Jayati Ghosh.
➢ Ghosh, 65, is a professor of economics at University of Massachusetts Amherst. She has taught economics at Jawaharlal Nehru University for nearly 35 years and has authored several books.
➢ The UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA) announced that the 20 "prominent personalities, globally renowned for their intellectual leadership in economic and social fields, will form the second United Nations High-level Advisory Board (HLAB) on Economic and Social Affairs."
4. Who has been appointed as the new chairperson of Broadcasting Content Complaints Council (BCCC) ______ Justice Gita Mittal.
➢ Justice Mittal succeeds former Supreme Court Judge, Justice Vikramajit Sen, whose tenure as BCCC chairperson has ended.
➢ Having served as the first woman Chief Justice of Jammu & Kashmir High Court, she is also the first woman chairperson of BCCC.
5. J K Shivan has been appointed as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (MD & CEO) of which bank ______ Dhanlaxmi Bank.
➢ It may be recalled that the shareholders of the Kerala-based had voted against MD & CEO Sunil Gurbaxani On September 30, 2020. Then, in December that year, the lender appointed Shivan as the new MD & CEO.
➢ However, the banking regulator, Reserve Bank of India (RBI), had asked the Dhanlaxmi Bank Board to get shareholders’ approval before appointing J K Shivan as the next chief of the bank.
6. Whose appointment as treasury secretary has been confirmed by the US Senate ______ Janet Yellen.
➢ Yellen steps into the role with some advantages: She is well known and well respected among lawmakers of both parties, and she has experience with enormous economic challenges.
➢ The 74-year-old previously broke barriers as the first female Fed chief.
7. Who has been sworn in as the new U.S. Secretary of State ______ Antony Blinken.
➢ Blinken will become America’s top diplomat as the world confronts a confluence of threats: the COVID-19 pandemic, climate change and a great-power competition that increasingly pits the United States against China on trade, technology and other issues.
➢ Blinken will be charged with unraveling much of President Donald Trump's foreign policy, which made even some of his most ardent Republican supporters squeamish.
8. Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa has been re-elected as the president of which country ______ Portugal.
➢ He belongs to Social Democratic Party (Partido Social Democrata-PSD)
➢ He was elected as the president for 1st term in 2016.
➢ He was one of the founders of the People’s Democratic Party, later the Social Democratic Party, and was party leader from 31 March 1996 to 27 May 1999.
9. Who has been appointed as the new Managing Director of State Bank of India (SBI) for a period of 3 years ______ Swaminathan Janakiraman.
➢ Swaminathan Janakiraman was serving as the deputy MD(finance) of SBI.
➢ Ashwini Kumar Tewari was serving as MD and Chief Executive Officer(CEO)of SBI Card, a subsidiary of SBI.
➢ The Banks Board Bureau (BBB) in October 2020 recommended their names for post of MD at SBI.
10. Kaja Kallas has been appointed as the first female Prime Minister which country ______ Estonia.
➢ She succeeds Jüri Ratas. She is the leader of the Reform party.
➢ The 15-member Cabinet of Prime Minister Kaja Kallas is a coalition of 2 parties namely, Reform Party & Centre Party.
11. Thomas Bach re-elected second term as President of which International Organisation until 2025 ______ International Olympic Committee.
➢ Bach, a 66-year-old German lawyer, is set to be confirmed for a second and final four-year term at an IOC session in March in Athens.
➢ Bach was initially elected for an eight-year term as Olympic chief in September 2013, taking over from Belgian Jacques Rogge. If re-elected, Bach's term will end in 2025, a year after the Paris Olympics.