1. Under whose chairmanship the Reserve Bank of India has announced the setting up of a standing external advisory committee (SEAC) to evaluate applications for universal banks and small finance banks ______ Shyamala Gopinath.
➢ The five-member committee will be headed by former deputy governor Shyamala Gopinath.
➢ The SEAC which will have a tenure of three years, and will screen applications for universal and small finance banks after the regulator first vets the proposal.
2. The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has hiked the maximum cover under the standard health insurance plan – Arogya Sanjeevani Policy – from Rs 5 lakh to ______ Rs 10 lakh.
➢ Insurers can offer the revised sum insured with effect from 1 May, 2021 or earlier.
➢ IRDAI made it compulsory for insurers to offer a sum insured of up to ₹10 lakhs, starting from ₹50,000 and in multiples of ₹50,000.
3. As per the relaxed norms of for valuing perpetual bonds by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) what would be the maturity period until March 31, 2022 ______ 10 years.
➢ The norms, which had sought to value banks’ deemed residual maturity of Basel III additional tier 1 (AT1) bonds as 100-year debt from April 1, were strongly opposed by the finance ministry.
➢ In a statement, the regulator said the maturity would be 10 years until March 31, 2022, and would be increased to 20 and 30 years over the subsequent six-month period.
4. As per the revised estimate of Fitch Ratings what will be the GDP growth rate of India in FY 2022 ______ 12.8%.
➢ It anticipates the level of India's GDP to remain well below its pre-pandemic forecast trajectory.
➢ Fitch also expects GDP growth to ease to 5.8% in Fiscal Year 2023.
➢ India's recovery from the depths of the lockdown-induced recession in the second quarter of 2020 has been observed as swifter than expected.
5. Which bank becomes the first in the industry to launch an instant EMI (Equated Monthly Instalments) facility on its internet banking platform in partnering with BillDesk and Razorpay ______ ICICI Bank.
➢ Called ‘EMI @ Internet Banking’, the facility aims to offer increased affordability to millions of pre-approved customers, as it enables them to convert their high-value transactions up to ₹5 lakh into easy monthly instalments.
➢ It also brings in enhanced customer experience as customers get the benefit of EMIs instantly and in a fully digital manner.
6. Adani Ports and Special Economic Zones (APSEZ) Ltd, a subsidiary of the diversified Adani Group acquired what percent of stack in Gangavaram Port Limited (GPL) belongs to DVS Raju & Family ______ 58.1%.
➢ Adani port made an agreement to acquire 89.6% of GPL i.e. (31.5% from Warburg Pincus and 58.1% from DVS Raju & Family)
➢ As per the agreement it acquired the 31.5% stake from Warburg Pincus on March 17, 2021.
7. What is the age bracket for the ‘IOB Trendy’, a savings account customised for the growing millennial population launched by the Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) ______ 21 – 38 Years.
➢ Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) launched ‘IOB Trendy’, a savings account customised for the growing millennial population in the country by keeping their banking preferences in mind.
➢ The account may be self or jointly operated. In case of a joint account, the primary holder has to be a millennial at the time of account opening.
8. Which small finance bank had been awarded ‘Great place to work’ certification by the Great place to Work Institute ______ ESAF Small Finance Bank.
➢ The certification is the result of an employee survey conducted by the third-party global authority on recognising high-trust and performance culture at workplaces.
➢ This recognition acknowledges the bank’s commitment and credibility amongst its employees.
9. Which bank has been adjudged as the 'India's Best Bank for SMEs' at the Asiamoney Best Bank Awards 2021 ______ HDFC Bank.
➢ HDFC Bank's transformation of its micro, small and medium-sized enterprise (MSME) business over the past few years makes it a worthy winner of this award.
➢ The Annual Best Banks survey of the financial magazine based in Hong Kong, aims to identify which banks in each market have excelled across a range of core banking activities over the past 12 months.
10. Which Public Sector Undertaking has been conferred with the ‘Role Model’ Award at the 11th Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) National HR Excellence Award 2020-21 ______ NTPC.
➢ NTPC is the only PSU to have received this prestigious award.
➢ The award was presented at the virtual conference “Learn from the Achievers”.
11. With which petroleum company the Union Bank of India has launched a co-branded contactless RuPay credit card ______ Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited.
➢ This card is a contactless “Tap & Go” card and National Common Mobility Card (NCMC).
➢ While using this card at HPCL retail outlets, the cardholder will get Cashback/Rewards along with the waiver of fuel surcharge provided by the Bank.
12. Which industry body has signed an MoU with the IFSCA to establish a framework for collaboration and co-operation for the development of Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (‘GIFT’) IFSC ______ FICCI.
➢ The MoU will lead to future collaborations and cooperation between IFSCA and FICCI for the development of a world-class FinTech Hub in GIFT IFSC.
➢ FICCI will also assist IFSCA in the development of FinTech Accelerator programmes in GIFT IFSC among the other cooperation areas.
13. Tata Motors signed a three-year MoU with which bank to offer financial assistance to the customers looking to purchase its small and light commercial vehicles ______ State Bank of India.
➢ According to the automaker, the partnership will not only create employment but also generate more demand for its BS6 range of vehicles.
➢ Tata Motors claimed that the collaboration with SBI will allow its CV customers to avail loans in a hassle-free manner as well as access the bank's unique technology-laden offerings.
14. Which investment fund has acquired a 74% stake in Engie Group’s Solar Energy Assets in India ______ Edelweiss Infrastructure Yield Plus (EIYP).
➢ The Engie Group has 813 MW of operational solar assets in the country, and it plans to add up to 2 GW more over next couple of years, which once commissioned will be acquired by the EIYP.
➢ EIYP is the largest yield-focused infrastructure AIF (alternative investment fund) in the country today
15. Which bank has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Our Food Pvt. Ltd., Visakhapatnam to help farmers set up cost effective processing units ______ Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank.
➢ In a bid to help farmers set up cost effective processing units, the Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Our Food Pvt. Ltd., Visakhapatnam.
➢ According to the MOU signed recently, the vendor will ensure supply, delivery and installation of high quality, standardised and branded equipment/machinery as per the requirement of the farmer/farmer franchisee, and also purchase of processed products. The vendors also ensure regular recovery towards such loan accounts and also
support the bank in end utilisation of the loan
1. Renowned personality Sagar Sarhadi passed away recently he was a veteran ______ Screen Writer.
➢ Sarhadi began his career writing Urdu short stories and became an Urdu playwright. Filmmaker Yash Chopra's 1976 film 'Kabhi Kabhie', starring Amitabh Bachchan and Raakhee, opened the gates to his Bollywood career.
➢ The writer collaborated with Chopra for screenplays in acclaimed films like 'Silsila' (1981) and Sridevi and Rishi Kapoor-starrer "Chandni", for which he wrote the dialogues.
2. Renowned personality Anil Dharker passed away recently, he was veteran ______ Journalist.
➢ He was in his mid-70s, was the editor of several publications including Mid-Day and The Independent and played a vital role in opening the Akashwani Auditorium in south Mumbai as an art movie theatre.
➢ Dharker had been the editor of a variety of publications, starting with ‘Debonair’, ‘Mid-Day’; ‘The Independent’ and ‘The Illustrated Weekly of India’.
3. Renowned personality KC Chakrabarty passed away recently, he was former ______ Deputy Governor of RBI.
➢ He was the deputy governor of the central bank between 15 June 2009 and 25 April 2014 when he demitted office three months before his term was to end.
➢ Prior to the stint, he had served as the chairman and managing director (CMD) of Punjab National Bank (2007- 2009), and CMD of Indian Bank (2005-2007).
4. Renowned personality Anil Dharker passed away recently who was veteran ______ Journalist and Author.
➢ Anil Dharker was one of India’s best known editors and a tireless supporter of the arts.
➢ During his lifetime, Dharker had donned many hats and was the lifeline behind the popular literary festival, Tata Literature Live.
➢ Anil Dharker worked as an editor across several publications, of different genres, starting with the Debonair, then Mid-day, The Independent, and the Illustrated Weekly of India.
5. Nawal Saadawi, a renowned feminist, psychiatrist and novelist passed away recently was belonged to which country ______ Egypt.
➢ Nawal Saadawi, a renowned Egyptian feminist, psychiatrist and novelist, whose writings have stirred controversy for decades in an overwhelmingly conservative society passed away. She was a fierce advocate of women rights in Egypt and the Arab world.
➢ In 2020, Time Magazine named her on their 100 Women of the Year list.
6. Renowned personality Laxmipriya Mohapatra passed away recently, she was veteran ______ Odissi dancer.
➢ Noted Odissi dancer Laxmipriya Mohapatra, the wife of legendary classical dancer Kelucharan Mohapatra, passed away. She started her dancing career at the Annapurna Theatre in Puri in 1947.
➢ She has also acted in four Odia movies.
7. Renowned personality Adam Zagajewski passed away recently, he was veteran ______ Polish poet.
➢ Renowned Polish poet Adam Zagajewski has passed away.
➢ He was a leading figure in Poland’s New Wave or Generation ’68, a literary movement of the late 1960s that called for a simple language to relate directly to reality.
8. Renowned personality KC Chakrabarty passed away recently, he was former ______ Deputy Governor, RBI.
➢ Former Reserve Bank of India Deputy Governor, KC Chakrabarty passed away.
➢ He was the deputy governor of the central bank between 15 June 2009 and 25 April 2014 when he demitted office three months before his term was to end.
9. Name the military hero who led an infantry division to a legendary victory in the 1971 India-Pakistan War who passed away recently ______ Walter Anthony Gustavo ‘WAG’ Pinto.
➢ Lieutenant General, Walter Anthony Gustavo ‘WAG’ Pinto (Retd), a military hero who led an infantry division to a legendary victory in the 1971 India-Pakistan War has passed away at the age of 97.
➢ He led the 54 Infantry Division in the Battle of Basantar in the war that gave birth to Bangladesh, leading his troops from the front with the motto he coined “bash on regardless”.
1. What is the theme of the World Tuberculosis Day 2021 ______ The Clock is Ticking.
➢ March 24 marks the day when Robert Koch discovered Mycobacterium tuberculosis in 1882 that causes TB, which opened the way towards diagnosing and curing this disease.
➢ Theme 2021: ‘The Clock is Ticking’
2. The International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination is observed annually on ______ 21 March.
➢ This year theme is “Youth standing up against racism”.
➢ It engages the public through #FightRacism, which aims to foster a global culture of tolerance, equality and antidiscrimination and calls on each and every one of us to stand up against racial prejudice and intolerant attitudes.
3. Every year on which date Martyrs Day (Shaheed Diwas or Sarvodaya Day) is observed to pay tribute on the death anniversary of the freedom fighters Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev Thapar, and Shivaram Rajguru ______ 23rd March.
➢ It was on March 23 in 1931, in Lahore (Pakistan), that these three were hanged to death for assassinating John Saunders, a British police officer in 1928.
➢ They had mistaken him for British police superintendent James Scott, who had ordered lathi-charge, which eventually led to the death of Lala Lajpat Rai.
4. The World Meteorological Day is celebrated every year on ______ 23rd March.
➢ The day is to commemorate the date of the establishment of the World Meteorological Organization in 23 March 1950.
➢ The day also highlights the contribution that the National Meteorological and Hydrological Services make to the safety and well-being of society.
5. World Theatre Day is observed globally every year on which date ______ 27th March.
➢ World Theatre Day was initiated in 1961 by the International Theatre Institute (ITI), France.
➢ It is celebrated annually on the 27th March by ITI Centres and the international theatre community.
6. International Transgender Day of Visibility observed globally every year on ______ 31st March.
➢ The day is dedicated to celebrating transgender people and raising awareness of discrimination faced by
transgender people worldwide, as well as a celebration of their contributions to society.
1. Who has been appointed as the chairman of the high-level taskforce set up by the government of India to lay a roadmap for enforcement of contracts ______ Rajiv Kumar.
➢ The task force for enforcement of contracts will give its recommendation for a policy framework for enforcement of contracts and the task force on conciliation mechanism will give its recommendation for an effective conciliation mechanism.
2. Who has been appointed as the chairman of the high-level taskforce set up by the government of India to lay down a roadmap for conciliation mechanism ______ Amitabh Kant.
➢ It is to facilitate speedy resolution of contractual disputes between government entities and private investors contractors inter alia to augment ease of doing business.
➢ This task force will include DPIIT secretary, DEA secretary, secretary of department of legal affairs, chairman & CEO, Railway Board, secretary, MoRTH, secretary, civil aviation, secretary, power, secretary, MNRE and chairman, NHAI. This task force will submit its report within three months of its constitution.
3. Who has been appointed as the Chairman of the Airports Authority of India (AAI) under the Ministry of Civil Aviation ______ Sanjeev Kumar.
➢ IAS Sanjeev Kumar has appointed as Chairman of the Airports Authority of India (AAI) under the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
➢ Kumar is a 1993-batch IAS officer of Maharashtra cadre. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved his appointment
4. Who is present Principal Scientific Advisor (PSA) whose term has been extended by one year ______ Vijay Raghavan.
➢ He was appointed PSA in 2018 after retiring as Secretary of, Department of Biotechnology. His contract ends on April 2 but has now been extended until April 2022.
5. Who has been recommend as the next chief justice of India by the incumbent Chief Justice of India S A Bobde ______ Justice N V Ramana.
➢ CJI Bobde handed over a copy of the letter of recommendation to his successor Justice Ramana after sending it to the Centre.
➢ CJI Bobde appears to have dismissed the complaint filed by Andhra Pradesh CM Y S Jagan Reddy against Justice Ramana before sending the recommendation letter to the Centre for Justice Ramana’s appointment as the 48th CJI on April 24.
6. Name the Indian Doctor who has been appointed as the Surgeon General under US President Biden’s administration ______ Vivek Murthy.
➢ The 43-year-old Dr Murthy would occupy the position of America’s Surgeon General for the second time.
➢ Prior to this, Dr Murthy was appointed as surgeon general under the Obama administration in 2011 but was fired by former President Trump in 2017.
7. Who is the Director General UNESCO with whom Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank held a virtual meeting ______ Audrey Azoulay.
➢ Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank held a virtual meeting with Director General UNESCO, Ms Audrey Azoulay in New Delhi.
➢ They discussed key issues of mutual importance including National Education Policy, India’s response to COVID Pandemic especially in the education sector.
8. Who has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) ______ Saurbah Garg.
➢ Senior bureaucrat Saurbah Garg has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) as part of a bureaucratic reshuffle effected by the Centre.
➢ The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the appointment of Garg as the CEO, UIDAI in the rank and pay of Additional Secretary.
9. Who has been appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director, Food Corporation of India ______ Atish Chandra.
➢ Atish Chandra will be Chairman and Managing Director, Food Corporation of India in the rank and pay of Additional Secretary, the order said.
➢ Chandra, a 1994 batch IAS officer of Bihar cadre, is currently Joint Secretary, Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare.
10. Who has been elected as the new chairperson of the Standing Conference of Public Enterprises (SCOPE) ______ Soma Mondal.
➢ Mondal will have a two-year term starting April; she took charge of SAIL on January 1, 2021.
➢ SCOPE is an apex professional organization representing the Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs).
11. Who has been appointed as the Managing Director(MD) and Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd (M&M) ______ Anish Shah.
➢ He takes over from Pawan Goenka who will retire as the MD and CEO, and member of the Board of Directors of M&M on 2nd April 2021.
➢ Anish Shah is currently serving as the deputy managing director and Chief Financial Officer(CFO) of the company.