BANKING & FINANCIAL AWARENESS
1. Which Bank has approved $12 billion in financing to help developing countries buy and distribute coronavirus vaccines, tests, and treatments, aiming to support the vaccination of up to one billion people ______ World Bank.
➢ The World Bank has approved $12 billion in financing to help developing countries buy and distribute coronavirus vaccines, tests, and treatments, aiming to support the vaccination of up to one billion people.
➢ The $12 billion envelop is part of a wider World Bank Group package of up to $160 billion to help developing countries fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
2. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) pegs minimum Net Owned Fund (NOF) for housing finance companies at ______ Rs 20 cr.
➢ The housing finance companies (HFCs) holding a Certificate of Registration (CoR) and having an NOF of less than Rs 25 crore will be required to achieve NOF of Rs 15 crore by March 31, 2022 and Rs 25 crore by March 31, 2023, the Reserve Bank said in a notification.
➢ The RBI has issued the revised regulatory framework for HFCs.
3. What is the revised base year of the Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers (CPI-IW) earlier which was 2001 ______ 2016.
➢ The new series would not have an impact on the dearness allowance (DA) given to government employees for now.
➢ The linking factor of the new series to the old series was 2.88, something which employer federations had raised in consultations.
4. Which financing agency has sanctioned Rs crore for India’s first sand dune parks and interpretation centres set to be developed in Goa ______ World Bank.
➢ The Goa state biodiversity board has proposed the project, which will be implemented with financial assistance from the World Bank.
➢ The Sand Dune park project will have interpretation centres to educate locals and tourists on the importance of the sand dune ecosystem.
5. Which fintech company has entered into a partnership with Atlantis to expand the Digital First Program in India ______ Mastercard.
➢ The partnership aims to provide the users of Mastercard, a technology solution that enables them to enjoy a bestin-class digital banking experience.
➢ After the launch in India, the partnership will expand to Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand.
➢ The partnership allows the users of the Mastercard to have immediate account access and convenient payments.
6. Which bank has entered into a tie-up with Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM), whereby the bank will be one of the preferred financiers for the entire range of vehicles sold by the latter ______ Bank of Baroda.
➢ India’s third-largest public sector bank, in a statement, stated that under the tie-up, customers can avail customised solutions such as high on-road funding of 90 per cent, long repayment period of 84 months, no prepayment or foreclosure charges.
➢ On the other hand, TKM dealers will benefit from ‘digitised supply chain finance’ with competitive interest rates.
7. Which Bank has shut down operations in Sri Lanka after getting approval from the Sri Lankan monetary authority ______ ICIC Bank.
➢ ICICI Bank has shut down operations in Sri Lanka after getting approval from the Sri Lankan monetary authority.
➢ The Monetary Board of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka, having considered the request made by ICICI Bank, has granted approval to close down business operation of the bank in Sri Lanka and cancel the licence issued to it.
8. Which of the following bank has partnered with IIT Madras Incubation Cell (IITMIC) to launch ‘IND Spring Board’ initiative for funding start-ups ______ Indian Bank.
➢ Under this, IITMIC will refer start-ups with proven technology and established cash flows to the Indian bank.
➢ Indian bank will extend loans of up to Rs 50 crore to these selected start-ups for their working capital requirements or purchase of machinery and equipment, among others.
9. Which of the following Indian bank has closed its operation in Sri Lanka recently ______ ICICI Bank.
➢ ICICI Bank has announced the closure of its business operation in Sri Lanka
➢ Bank has cancelled the licence issued to it in terms of the provisions of the Banking Act, No. 30 of 1988, subject to certain terms and conditions.
10. India Post has signed an agreement with which countries postal service for electronic exchange of data related to postal shipments ______ USA.
➢ Based on the agreement, the respective bodies will transmit and receive electronic data of international postal items before their arrival.
➢ This will help the customs to clear the postal items well in advance, that even before the shipment reaches the port.
11. Which bank entered into partnership with IIFL finance Ltd to source and manage retail gold loan assets in untapped locations, including rural areas ______ CSB Bank.
➢ Under the partnership, IIFL will act as a Business Correspondent (BC) of the Bank.
➢ IIFL with its vast branch network will source new business from markets where CSB Bank does not have an adequate branch network.
12. Which entity organized ‘India Australia Circular Economy Hackathon (I-ACE)’ in association with Australia’s Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) ______ Atal Innovation Mission (AIM).
➢ This hackathon on the circular economy will be held on 7th and 8th Dec 2020.
➢ In the linear economy, raw natural resources are taken, transformed into products and get disposed off.
13. Which bank partnered with NPCI to launch a rewards programme ______ SVC Co-operative Bank.
➢ They have entered into a partnership to launch a rewards programme.
➢ They launched loyalty management program with an aim to provide ease and rewardable banking experience to the customers.
14. Which bank has signed a loan agreement of up to $1 billion with The Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC) ______ State Bank of India.
➢ While $600 million will be financed by JBIC, the rest will come from other participating lenders which include the Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, MUFG Bank, Mizuho Bank, Shizuoka Bank and Bank of Yokohama.
➢ JBIC will provide a guarantee for the portion co-financed by the participating banks.
15. Which merchant payment network has announced the launch of digital gold on its platform ______ BharatPe.
➢ The launch of this new category of fintech product is in line with the company’s commitment to offering the entire gamut of financial products to Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
➢ BharatPe’s merchants will be able to buy and sell 99.5 per cent pure 24-carat gold. Merchants can choose to buy in rupees or grams, any time of the day and from anywhere, by using the BharatPe app.
16. Which bank in association with the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation launched a contactless multi-purpose card that can function as a credit card and as a metro smart card ______ SBI Card.
➢ The credit card Delhi Metro SBI Card is designed for regular commuters on Delhi Metro.
➢ It will enable its users to use it as a smart card with an auto-top up facility whenever the balance is below Rs 100.
➢ The credit card facility will automatically recharge a top-up value of Rs 200 from the user’s linked card/bank account.
17. Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) partnered with which technology company to transform the customer’s experience of IOCL ______ International Business Machines.
➢ Under this partnership, IBM developed Indian Oil One mobile app & portal which will be used by about 130 million consumers covered by about 12,400 IOCL distributors.
➢ The IndianOil One mobile app & portal are part of IndianOil’s Project ePIC(Electronic Platform for IndianOil customers), a digital transformation project.
18. Which bank named as the Safest Bank in Asia and 4th safest commercial bank in the world in the Global Finance’s Safest Banks 2020 report ______ DBS Bank.
➢ DBS secured the 4th rank as the safest commercial bank in the world and 14th safest bank globally from 2019 and 2018.
➢ Due to COVID-19 pandemic situation the Global Finance conducted a virtual award ceremony of the 2020 World’s Safest Banks on 19th October 2020.
19. The Reserve Bank of India has given approval to Maple to acquire over 5% but up to 9.99% of the paid-up share capital of the which bank ______ RBL Bank.
➢ Maple Group was one of the investors that participated in the bank’s preferential issue. The group had acquired rights to buy the stake and was waiting for permission from the banking regulator.
➢ RBL reported a standalone net profit of Rs 144.2 crore in July-September quarter as against Rs 54.3 crore posted in Q2 the previous financial year. The number was better-than-expected, as a CNBC-TV18 poll had estimated the number to the tune of Rs 126.2 crore.
1. Renowned politician Dr Jayanta Madhab passed away recently, he was a veteran ______ Economist.
➢ The renowned economist from Assam, Dr Jayanta Madhab passed away. He worked as financial adviser to Calcutta Metropolitan Development Corp and has served as a director at the ADB.
➢ He was the founder chairman of North Eastern Development Finance Corporation Ltd.
2. Renowned personality Mahesh Kanodia passed away recently, he was a veteran ______ Singer.
➢ Former BJP MP from Patan Loksabha constituency and legendary Gujarati singer-musician Mahesh Kanodia died following prolonged illness.
➢ Mahesh, 83, is the elder brother of legendary Gujarati film star and former MLA Naresh Kanodia and the two are known as the Mahesh-Naresh duo in Gujarati film industry.
3. Renowned personality Daniel Menaker passed away recently; he was a veteran ______ Author.
➢ Daniel Menaker was the author of several books, including the memoir My Mistake and the comic psychological novel The Treatment, adapted into a 2007 movie starring Chris Eigeman and Ian Holm.
➢ He was also known for the O Henry Award-winning title story of his collection The Old Left.
4. Renowned personality Dr Vijaylakshmi Ramanan passed away, she was ______ Indian Air Force 1st woman officer.
➢ She was born in February 1924, she did her MBBS and later was commissioned in the Army Medical Corps on August 22, 1955.
➢ Besides having served as a gynaecologist at various Air Force Hospitals, including here, she had also attended to the troops wounded during wars and performed administrative duties.
5. K J Mohammed Babu, popularly known as ‘Zero’ Babu passed away, he was a veteran ______ Playback singer.
➢ He was a recipient of the Sangeetha Nataka Akademi Award. He has sung in nearly 90 films and various plays.
➢ His first movie was the 1964 film ‘Kudumbini’.
6. Renowned personality Lee Kun-hee has passed away, recently he was a veteran ______ Business Tycoon.
➢ Lee helped to transform Samsung from a small trading business to become the world’s largest producer of smartphones and memory chips.
➢ The firm’s overall turnover today is equivalent to a fifth of South Korea’s GDP.
7. Renowned personality Naresh Kanodia passed away, he was a veteran ______ film star-turned-politician.
➢ He was the younger brother of Gujarati singer Mahesh Kanodia who died on 25 October 2020 in Gandhinagar after a prolonged illness.
8. Renowned personality Keshubhai Savdasbhai Patel passed away recently, he was a veteran ______ Politician.
➢ Former Chief Minister of Gujarat, Keshubhai Savdasbhai Patel passed away. He had served as the Chief Minister of the state for a few months in 1995 and then from March 1998 to October of 2001.
1. World Snow Leopard Day is observed globally every year on which date ______ 23rd October.
➢ The day also emphasizes the importance of taking measures to stop poaching, as well as consolidating efforts in terms of an environmental organization in the countries of the snow leopard range.
➢ The first Snow Leopard Day occurred on the 23rd of October in 2014.
2. What is the theme of World Day for Audiovisual Heritage 2020 ______ Your Window to the World.
➢ World Day for Audiovisual Heritage is held annually on 27 October across the globe.
➢ This day was chosen by UNESCO in 2005 to raise awareness of the significance and preservation risks of recorded sound and audiovisual documents.
3. What is the theme of Vigilance Awareness Week 2020 ______ Vigilant India - Prosperous India.
➢ Vigilance Awareness Week 2020 Theme: Satark Bharat, Samriddh Bharat (Vigilant India, Prosperous India).
➢ It is commemorated to affirm our commitment towards promotion of integrity and probity in public life through citizen participation
4. International Animation Day is observed globally every year on which date ______ 28th October.
➢ The day has celebrated the art of animation and also recognise the artists, scientists and technicians behind animation.
➢ This year marks the 19th International Animation Day. The day was created in 2002 by International Animated Film Association (ASIFA), an International Animated Film Association, a member of UNESCO.
5. The United Nations Day is observed every year on which date ______ 24th October.
➢ The year 2020 marks the 75th anniversary of the United Nations and its founding Charter.
➢ The Charter was signed on 26 June 1945 by the representatives of the 50 countries.
6. The United Nations’ World Development Information Day is observed every year on ______ 24th October.
➢ The day aims to draw the attention of world public opinion to development problems and the need to strengthen international cooperation to solve them for overall growth and development.
7. The World Polio Day is celebrated annually on ______ 24th October.
➢ World Polio Day provides an opportunity to highlight global efforts toward a polio-free world and honour the tireless contributions of those on the frontlines in the fight to eradicate polio from every corner of the globe.
8. International Animation Day is observed globally every year on ______ 28 October.
➢ The day has celebrated the art of animation and also recognise the artists, scientists and technicians behind animation.
➢ The day was created in 2002 by International Animated Film Association (ASIFA), an International Animated Film Association, a member of UNESCO.
9. The Rashtriya Ekta Diwas or National Unity Day is observed every year on ______ 31st October.
➢ This year marks the 145th anniversary of the great leader who played an instrumental role in India’s struggle for independence, and later during the integration of the country.
10. The UN World Cities Day is observed every year on ______ 31st October.
➢ The Day is celebrated to promote the international community’s interest in global urbanization, push forward cooperation among countries in meeting opportunities and addressing challenges of urbanization, and contributing to sustainable urban development around the world.
11. International Internet Day is observed every year on ______ 29th October.
➢ It aims to honour a momentous day in the history of telecommunications and technology.
➢ This day also highlights the sending of the 1st electronic message which was conveyed from one computer to another computer in the year 1969.
1. Who has been appointed as head of the newly created Guwauhati based Eastern command of Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) ______ Amrit Mohan Prasad.
➢ The Indo Tibetan Border Police guards the line of actual control.
➢ The Eastern command overlooks the Indo Tibetan Border Police battalion posted along the line of actual control in states such as Assam, Sikkim, arunachal pradesh.
2. Who has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of Lebanon by the President Michel Aoun ______ Saad al-Hariri.
➢ Hariri won the backing of a majority of parliamentarians in consultations with Aoun.
➢ He faces major challenges to navigate Lebanon's power-sharing politics and agree a cabinet, which must then address a mounting list of woes: a banking crisis, currency crash, rising poverty and crippling state debts.
3. Who has been selected as the chairman of the Gupkar alliance to fight for the restoration of full statehood and special constitutional status of Jammu and Kashmir ______ Farooq Abdullah.
➢ Veteran CPM leader M.Y. Tarigami was elected the convenor while Lok Sabha member from South Kashmir Hasnain Masoodi will be the coordinator of the conglomerate known as Peoples Alliance for Gupkar Declaration (PAGD).
4. Who has been elected as the President of Seychelles recently ______ Wavel Ramkalawan.
➢ He secured 54.9% of the total vote
➢ Seychelles has elected an opposition candidate as its President for the first time since 1977.
5. Luis Arce has been elected as the President which country ______ Bolivia.
➢ He captured 55.1% of the total votes. Arce will take the charge of the office on 8 November 2020. He would succeed Jeanine Anez, who is serving as the interim President of Bolivia.
➢ The 57-year-old, Luis is a member of the political party Movement Toward Socialism.
6. Who has been appointed as the new Chief Information Commissioner of India ______ Yashvardhan Kumar Sinha.
➢ He was already the Information Commissioner and was also the most senior.
➢ The post of CIC chairman had been vacant for several months after Bimal Zulka retired.
➢ A Marathi journalist, Uday Mahurkar has been selected for the post of Information Commissioner. Uday Mahurkar worked as a deputy editor in India Today Group and is considered close to the Sangh Parivar.
7. Who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of healthcare company Dr Trust ______ Rohit Sharma.
➢ Senior India cricketer Rohit Sharma was named brand ambassador of healthcare company Dr Trust.
➢ Dr Trust manufactures monitoring devices, which help in tracking vitals like blood pressure, blood oxygen levels, respiration rate, pulse rate and others.