1. Which Bank gives grants to 21 startups working in the social sector under its SmartUp Grants 2021 ______ HDFC Bank.
➢ 21 startups working in the social sector were selected through a rigorous screening process from 300 applicants.
➢ The bank instituted SmartUp grants in 2017 and
➢ It has supported 87-number of startups from various cities across India so far.
➢ HDFC Bank has partnered with IIT Delhi, IIM Kashipur, AIC-BIMTECH, IIT BHU, GUSEC, C-CAMP, Banasthali University etc. to shortlist the winner.
2. Which bank has approved a USD 484-mn to improve transport connectivity and road maintenance in the Chennai - Kanyakumari Industrial Corridor (CKIC) in Tamil Nadu ______ Asian Development Bank.
➢ The CKIC is part of India's East Coast Economic Corridor.
➢ It stretches from West Bengal to Tamil Nadu and connects India to the production networks of Southeast and East Asia.
➢ The project will upgrade about 590 km of state highways in the CKIC influence areas.
3. Which municipal corporation has issued country’s first green bonds ______ Ghaziabad Municipal Corporation.
➢ Ghaziabad Municipal Corporation, a civic body in Uttar Pradesh, has raised Rs 150 crore through the issuance of green bonds and the proceeds will be utilised for the tertiary water treatment plant to benefit industries in Ghaziabad.
➢ The corporation also received Rs 19.5 crore incentive from the Union government for raising funds through municipal bonds.
4. FlexiLoans.com, a digital lending platform has partnered with which entity to offer collateral free loan to MSME’s and Freelancers ______ PayPal.
➢ FlexiLoans.com, a digital lending platform focused on Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME) partnered with PayPal, a leading digital payments company to offer collateral-free business loans to MSMEs, freelancers, women entrepreneurs and sole proprietors.
➢ This partnership is in line with PayPal’s commitment to provide innovative credit solution capabilities to Indian merchants who sell cross-border using PayPal.
5. Bharti Axa Life insurance has partnered with which small finance bank for a bancassurance partnership under which the bank will sell insurance policies to its customers ______ Fincare Small Finance Bank.
➢ Under the partnership, Bharti AXA Life Insurance will offer its comprehensive suite of life insurance products, including protection, savings and investment plans, to the customers of Fincare Small Finance Bank across its 747 branches and digital network presence across the country.
➢ This alliance will make life insurance solutions reachable to over 26.5 lakhs customers of Fincare Small Finance Bank and provide financial security to them.
6. Which payments bank launched its new ‘Rewards123’ savings account, which provides customers with perks and rewards ______ Airtel Payments Bank.
➢ The Rewards123 Savings Account is built specifically that allows you to get access to a variety of perks when you save and transact digitally.
➢ The company claims that its newly introduced saving account is designed to offer consistent value, with assured rewards on different types of digital transactions throughout the year.
7. In association with which bank the NITI Aayog has developed first of its kind Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) Handbook that was launched by the Supreme Court Justice DY Chandrachud ______ ICICI Bank.
➢ Supreme Court Justice DY Chandrachud released the first of its kind Online Dispute Resolution(ODR) Handbook developed by Agami and Omidyar Network India.
➢ The handbook was developed in association with (National Institution for Transforming India) NITI Aayog with the support of ICICI Bank, Ashoka Innovators for the Public, Trilegal, Dalberg, Dvara and NIPFP.
➢ ODR Handbook features the insights and learnings to equip a person to successfully adopt ODR.
8. According to International Monetary Fund (IMF) report what is India’s debt to Gross Domestic Product (GDP) ratio at the end of 2020 ______ 90 percent.
➢ The International Monetary Fund(IMF) reported an increase in India’s debt to Gross Domestic Product (GDP) ratio from 74 percent (at the end of 2019) to 90 percent (at the end of 2020) during the COVID-19 period.
➢ Based on the IMF’s baseline forecast, it expects a further drop in India’s ‘Debt to GDP ratio’ to 80 percent due to the recent Indian economy recovery.
➢ IMF suggested India to support people and firms, and, in particular, the most vulnerable.
9. SwitchON Foundation has partnered with which bank to offer finance to the marginal farmers for buying solar pumps ______ Punjab National Bank.
➢ PNB will be financing solar pumps through the SwitchON Foundation’s – First Loss Default Guarantee Fund.
➢ The basic aim of this fund is to help unbanked small marginal farmers without any collateral and to promote clean energy.
10. The National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) has secured a Rs 600 crore loan from which bank for onward lending to cooperatives in the country ______ Deutsche Bank.
➢ An agreement in this regard inked between NCDC and Deutsche Bank, Germany's largest bank.
➢ The farmer producer organisations being set up in the country would be able to access easier credit and market through the NCDC agreements with ICC and Deutsche Bank, which will help small and marginal farmers.
11. The National Housing Bank recently allocated what amount under its “Special Refinance Facility”, 2021 to provide short term refinance support to the housing finance companies and other eligible Primary Lending Institutions ______ Rs 10,000 crore.
➢ The objective of the SRF 2021, is to provide short term refinance support to HFCs and other eligible PLIs on flexible terms and conditions.
➢ The total amount allocated under this scheme shall be Rs.10,000 crore.
➢ The facility will aid in meeting the short-term liquidity requirement in the Public Lending Institutions.
12. The Government of India has announced mandatory hallmarking of gold artefacts and jewellery from ______ 1st June 2021.
➢ In November 2019, the govt had announced that hallmarking of gold jewellery and artefacts would be made mandatory across the country from 15 January 2021.
➢ But the deadline was extended for four months after the jewellers sought more time in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic.
13. As per the IRDAI (Regulatory Sandbox) (Amendment) Regulations, 2021, Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India has extended the validity of Regulatory Sandbox for ______ 2 years.
➢ As most of the approved experiments may not be completed (due to COVID-19) within the scheduled time of July 25, 2021.
➢ This extension of the time period will enable the applicants to complete their existing sandbox experiments and new sandbox proposals also will be allowed
14. The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved the acquisition of what percent of equity shareholding of Gangavaram Port Limited (GPL) by Adani Ports and Special Economic Zones (APSEZ) Limited ______ 89.6 per cent.
➢ The acquisition was approved under Section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002.
➢ The APSEZ Ltd has acquired the controlling stakes of GPL from DVS Raju and Family for Rs.3604 crore.
➢ APSEZ acquired 58.1 per cent stakes of GPL from DVS Raju & Family and 31.5 per cent stake of Warburg Pincus.
1. What is the name of India’s first female cricket commentator who passed away recently ______ Chandra Naidu.
➢ She had done her first commentary during a match between national champions Bombay (now Mumbai) and MCC in Indore in 1977.
➢ She had also penned a book titled ‘CK Nayudu: A Daughter Remembers’ on her late father, who was a distinguished cricketer.
2. Renowned personality Fatima Rafiq Zakaria passed away recently he was a veteran ______ Journalist.
➢ She was awarded the Padma Shri in recognition of her work in education in 2006.
➢ Ms Zakaria, who had played an eminent role in the field of education, was also honoured with the Sarojini Naidu Integration Award for Journalism in 1983.
3. Renowned personality Ramsey Clark passed away recently, he was a former Attorney General of which country ______ USA.
➢ Clark, one of the architects of the landmark Voting Rights Act of 1965 and Civil Rights Act of 1968.
➢ In a lengthy career of representing unpopular causes, Clark defended or gave advice to Libyan leader Colonel Muammar Gaddafi, Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic, Liberian political figure Charles Taylor and Iraq's Saddam Hussein.
4. Renowned personality Satish Kaul passed away recently, he was a veteran ______ Actor.
➢ The actor began his career in the early ’70s, juggling between Hindi and Punjabi films.
➢ While his popular Bollywood films include Ram Lakhan, Pyaar Toh Hona Hi Tha and Aunty No 1 etc.
5. Renowned sportsman and coach Sanjay Chakravarty passed away recently, he was associated with which sport ______ Shooting.
➢ Legendary shooting coach Sanjay Chakravarty passed away due to Covid-19. The Dronacharya awardee had trained some of the finest Indian shooters including Abhinav Bindra, Gagan Narang, Anjali Bhagwat and Suma Shirur, Deepali Deshpande, Anuja Jung and Ayonika Paul.
6. Renowned sportsperson Balbir Singh Junior passed away recently, he was associated with which sport ______ Hockey.
➢ Born on May 2, 1932, at Sansarpur in Jalandhar, also known as the nursery of Indian hockey, Balbir Singh Junior had played alongside legends like Balbir Singh Senior, Leslie Claudius, Prithipal Singh, Balkishan and Charles Stephen among others.
➢ He was part of the Punjab state hockey team and also captained Panjab University team.
7. Ramon Magsaysay awardee Ibn Abdur Rehman passed away recently, he was a veteran ______ Human rights activist.
➢ Rehman spent his life defending human rights, opposing military dictators, fighting for the rule of law and democracy.
➢ He was also a strong voice for the country’s minorities, including Christians and Hindus.
➢ Rehman worked as an editor for various newspapers before joining the commission. He regularly contributed articles for several Pakistani newspapers.
8. Renowned personality Yogesh Praveen passed away recently, he was a veteran ______ Historian.
➢ Because of his immense knowledge about the history of lucknow , Yogesh Praveen is known as the Encyclopedia of awadh and Lucknow history.
➢ He wrote many books including ‘Shantranj ke khiladi’ and ‘Umrao jaan’ which was later taken as a movie.
➢ Apart from being an author, he had also written lyrics for the movie Junoon.
1. The World Chagas Disease Day is observed every year on which date ______ 14th April.
➢ The WHO approved the designation of Chagas Disease Day on May 24, 2019, at the 72nd World Health Assembly.
➢ It is one of 11 official global public health campaigns marked by WHO.
2. Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Valour Day (Shaurya Diwas) is observed every year on ______ 9th April.
➢ It was on this day in 1965, a small contingent of CRPF created history by defeating an invading Pakistani army, several time larger, at the Sardar Post located in the Rann of Kutch, Gujarat.
➢ The CRPF men eliminated 34 Pakistani soldiers and captured four alive. In the conflict, CRPF lost six personnel who had attained martyrdom.
3. World Homeopathy Day is celebrated every year on which date to spread awareness about homoeopathy and its contribution to the world of medicine ______ 10th April.
➢ The day marks the birth anniversary of German physician Dr Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann, who is considered the founder of the system of alternative medicine called Homeopathy.
➢ The year 2021 marks the 266th birthday of Hahnemann.
4. The International Day of Human Space Flight is observed globally every year on ______ 12th April.
➢ The UN General Assembly passed a resolution on April 7, 2011, had declared April 12 to be celebrated as International Day of Human Space Flight.
➢ On 12 April 1961, was the date of the 1st human space flight was carried out by Yuri Gagarin, a Soviet citizen, who became the first person to journey into outer space.
1. Who ahs been appointed as the Chief Election Commissioner of India ______ Sushil Chandra.
➢ He succeeded Sunil Arora, whose tenure ended on April 12.
➢ Mr. Chandra took office as an Election Commissioner on February 15, 2019 after retiring as the chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes.
➢ A 1980 batch Indian Revenue Service officer, Mr. Chandra had worked in the areas of international taxation and investigation.
2. Who has been appointed as the brand ambassador for Punjab’s COVID vaccination drive ______ Sonu Sood.
➢ During the coronavirus-induced lockdown last year, the actor had helped migrants reach their home states.
➢ Sood catapulted to the national spotlight for feeding thousands of underprivileged people amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
➢ He was viewed as a messiah of sorts for migrants.
3. Who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of SportzXchange, a fantasy sports platform ______ Prithavi Shaw.
➢ SportzXchange will create engaging content featuring Prithvi Shaw as part of an integrating campaign with a theme “Yahaan Hai Kuch Xtra” that will help build awareness about the differentiated offerings and amplify the reach of the brand during upcoming IPL/Fantasy matches.
4. Guillermo Lasso elected new President of which country ______ Ecuador.
➢ Guillermo Lasso, 65 years old, received over 52% of the vote to clinch the presidency, his third attempt at running for office.
➢ He defeated Andrés Arauz, a 36-year-old leftist economist and protégé of powerful ex-president Rafael Correa. Mr. Arauz conceded with more than 95% of votes counted.
5. Who has been appointed as the Brand Ambassador of Consumer electronic company, ‘Elista’ ______ Suresh Raina.
➢ Consumer electronic company, ‘Elista’ appointed former Indian Cricketer Suresh Raina as its Brand Ambassador. Elista is a subsidiary of ‘TeknoDome’ , a UAE based trading company, which started its manufacturing in 2020.
➢ Elista manufactures innovative products in consumer electronics ranging from LED TVs to Coolers, under the concept of ‘Making in India for the world’.
6. Who has been appointed as the Director-General (DG) of the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) ______ Siddharth Singh Longjam.
➢ Ganapathy, a 1986 batch Indian Police Service (IPS) officer of the Uttarakhand cadre, is currently Director General, Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS).
➢ He has been appointed the Director-General, National Security Guard (NSG), from the date of joining the post and up to February 29, 2024 i.e. date of his superannuation.