1. Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd (GRSE) has signed a contract with which country for delivering 1 Fast Patrol Vessel (FPV) called ‘Zoroaster’ _________ Seychelles.
➢ “Zoroaster” will be a powerful, fuel-efficient platform which will be capable of performing operations like Patrolling, anti-smuggling, anti-poaching & search and rescue operations.
➢ The overall design of the FPV was developed indigenously by GRSE.
2. Which IIT has developed solar-powered energy-efficient pest controlling devices for smaller agricultural tracts owned by marginal farmers _________ IIT Kharagpur.
➢ The research team has developed a self-propelled boom-type sprayer that can be operated using solar energy while safely guided through the crops in smaller tracts of land, the leading engineering institute
➢ The device is aimed to increase field capacity and uniformity in liquid spraying and also to reduce drudgery to the operator and dependency on fossil fuel for carrying out spraying in cropped areas.
3. According to India Energy Outlook 2021, published by the International Energy Agency (IEA) by which year India will overtake the European Union as the world's third-largest energy consumer __________ 2030.
➢ India at present is the fourth-largest global energy consumer behind China, the United States and the European Union.
➢ India accounts for nearly one-quarter of global energy demand growth from 2019-40 -- the largest for any country. Its share in the growth in renewable energy is the second-largest in the world, after China.
4. Prime Minister Narendra Modi released the postage stamp to mark the beginning of the centenary celebrations of the Chauri Chaura Incident. Chauri Chaura place is located in which state _________ Uttar Pradesh.
➢ The stamp was released during the event organised to inaugurate the Centenary celebration of the Chauri Chaura incident.
➢ The state government has planned various events through 4th February 2022 at all the 75 districts of the state to mark the centenary celebration of Chauri Chaura.
5. Under whose chairmanship the government of India has appointed an expert panel to review the objections of industry to the proposed ban on 27 pesticides, that are mentioned as harmful to animals and humans by the government ________ TP Rajendran.
➢ These 27 pesticides that are widely used are part of 66 contentious pesticides that are being reviewed for their toxicity. Already, in 2018, the government had banned 18 of them.
➢ In May 2020, The Ministry of Agriculture and Family Welfare has issued the draft Banning of Insecticides Order, 2020 that aimed to ban these 27 pesticides.
6. What amount of Grant-in-aid has been approved by the government for the Brahmaputra Valley Fertilizers Corporation Limited (BVFCL), Namrup (Assam) for the strengthening of it’s urea manufacturing units ________ Rs 100 crore.
➢ The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) chaired by Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi has approved Grant-in-aid of Rs.100 crore to Brahmaputra Valley Fertilizers Corporation Limited (BVFCL), Namrup (Assam) for the strengthening of it’s urea manufacturing units.
➢ This approval has been made on the lines of the proposal of the Department of Fertilizers, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers (MoC&F).
7. To encourage and to create awareness about which scheme SIDBI and Confederation of Women Entrepreneurs of India (COWE) have launched “Swavalamban Sashakt- Mega campaign” _________ Stand Up India scheme.
➢ The Swavalamban Sashakt is a 20 webinar series to give a fillip to ‘Stand Up India’ scheme.
➢ The scheme was launched in 2016 and has been extended up to 2025.
➢ The scheme is a flagship programme launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to facilitate bank loans between Rs 10 lakh and Rs 1 crore to at least one SC or ST borrower and at least one woman borrower per bank branch.
8. US-based Triton Electric Vehicle has signed an MoU with which Indian company for developing electric vehicles and energy storage systems _________ Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL).
➢ As per the MoU, BEL will be the exclusive manufacturing partner to Triton in India for identified products, while Triton will provide the know-how and technical documentation required for manufacturing of these products.
➢ For requirements of Energy Storage System (ESS) in India, BEL will address the requirements as a prime contractor and Triton will provide the support as technology partner as per Make in India requirements.
9. For what purpose ‘Asom Mala’ programme launched in Assam by PM Modi __________ Improve Road Infrastructure.
➢ India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the ‘Asom Mala’ programme in Dhekiajuli of Sonitpur district of Assam.
➢ Asom Mala Programme will focus on maintenance by conducting field studies of the roads and will thus improve Road Asset Management System of the state.
10. Indian airport operator and aviation infrastructure developer, GMR group has signed MoU with which aerospace corporation to explore collaboration opportunities across aviation services, technologies and innovation ________ Airbus.
➢ This MoU was signed at Aero India 2021, that was held in Bangalore.
➢ The aim of the MoU is to explore potential synergies in several strategic areas of aviation services like maintenance, components, training, digital services both for commercial and military aircraft.
11. The India Meteorological Department (IMD) setting up country’s first thunderstorm research testbed in which city of India _________ Balasore.
➢ The objective of setting up the thunderstorm testbed is to minimalise human fatalities and loss of property due to lightning strikes.
➢ IMD Director-General Dr. Mrutyunjay Mohapatra, while speaking with a private television channel, also revealed that a first-of-its-kind monsoon testbed is also being planned near Bhopal.
12. What is India’s rank in the 'Asia-Pacific Personalised Health Index' released by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) _________ 10th.
➢ Singapore ranked first in the index followed by Taiwan (2nd), Japan (3rd) and Australia (4th). Indonesia ranked 11th in the index.
➢ It measures performance against 27 different indicators of personalised health across four categories called 'Vital Signs'.
13. What is the corpus of the ‘Startup India Seed Fund Scheme' approved by the government of India _______ Rs. 845 crores.
➢ SISFS shall provide financial assistance to startups via a corpus of Rs. 945 cr that will be disbursed through selectedincubators across India in 2021-25.
➢ A startup, recognized by DPIIT, incorporated not more than 2 years ago at the time of application is eligible for SFS.
14. As per the data released by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), what is India’s rank in scientific publications _____ Third.
➢ Of the 13,045 patents in 2017-18, as many as 1,937 were by Indians.
➢ Out of 15,550 patents filed by Indians at Indian Patent Office during the period, 65 per cent were filed from Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Delhi.
15. Which ministry launched ASEAN-INDIA Hackathon 2021 ________ Ministry of Education.
➢ The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) implemented this important initiative with the support of nodal agencies from all ten ASEAN countries, which included their Education Ministries and prominent universities.
➢ The Hackathon was inaugurated by Minister of Education Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal 'Nishank' along with other dignitaries from ASEAN and India on 1 February.
16. Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for the Discovery Campus of which IIT _______ IIT Madras.
➢ The campus will be built at Thaiyur near Chennai at an estimated cost of Rs 1,000 crores in the first phase, over an area of 2 lakh square metres.
➢ PM Modi also inaugurated the Chennai Metro Rail Phase-I extension project, which has been completed at a cost of Rs 3,770 crores.
17. PM Modi handed over the Arjun Main Battle Tank (MK-1A) to Army Chief General MM Naravane, the tank has been indigenously designed, developed and made by which establishment _________ Combat Vehicles Research and Development Establishment.
➢ The tank has been indigenously designed, developed and made by the Combat Vehicles Research and Development Establishment, attached to the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), along with 15 academic institutions, 8 labs and several MSMEs.
18. MapmyIndia will partner will partnered with which entity to build an Indigenous, mapping portal and geospatial services which could become an alternative to GoogleMaps & GoogleEarth services _______ Indian Space Research Organization.
➢ According to the agreement, Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) & MapmyIndia will partner to build anIndigenous, mapping portal and geospatial services which could become an alternative to GoogleMaps & GoogleEarth services.
➢ MapmyIndia’s digital maps and ISRO’s catalogue of satellite imagery and earth observation data will be utilized to build the indigenous portal.
19. Which Indian company is developing a futuristic high altitude pseudo satellite namely Combined Air Teaming System (CATS) ________ Hindustan Aeronautics Limited.
➢ Once developed the pseudo-satellite will be capable of taking information flying unmanned around 70,000 ft for 2-3 months.
➢ The system will have mother-ship carrying components and four autonomous unmanned aerial vehicles known as CATS Warrior.
1. Which state government has introduced a system of issuing a unique 16-digit Unicode to mark all kinds of landholdings in the state _________ Uttar Pradesh
➢ The main purpose of the system is to check the cases of land disputes, put an end to fake registries of the disputed land and save people from falling into the trap of fraudsters.
➢ Every piece of land in the state will have its own unique identity
2. How many states have completed the reforms in the ‘Ease of Doing Business’, as stipulated by the Ministry of Finance _________ 12.
➢ These states have become eligible to mobilise additional financial resources to the tune of Rs 5,034 crore through open market borrowings.
➢ Now the total number of state that has undertaken the reforms to promote Ease of Doing Business till now has gone up to 12.
➢ The other states are Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and Telangana.
3. Which state government has approved “Mukhyamantri Vigyan Pratibha Pariksha” in which Rs 5,000 will be provided to 1,000 meritorious students of Class 9 in schools of state as a science scholarship ________ Delhi.
➢ The scholarship will provide a boost to science education in secondary classes at the school level.
➢ Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal termed this as a crucial step for our government to promote excellent and talented students.
4. Which state ranks first in the second edition of the India Justice Report (IJR) 2020 _______ Maharshtra.
➢ That judges states on delivery of justice to people.
➢ Tamil Nadu is in second place which improved its ranking from its previous third position in 2019 and Telangana ranked third.
5. Where is India is the first of its kind ‘PGI Amputee Clinic’ launched _________ Chandigarh.
➢ The basic intent of this initiative is to bring an Amputee as a near-normal functional human being in society.
➢ This initiative will attempt to provide appropriate management to amputees to guide them in their path to rehabilitation in society and will support patients with counselling and medical facilities during their treatment and recovery.
6. The three-day famous “Mandu Festival” was held in which state of India ________ Madhya Pradesh.
➢ The festival will culminate on February 15, 2021.
➢ The festival is organised by the state government of Madhya Pradesh to showcase each and every aspect of the ancient Mandu city, ranging from food, music, history & heritage, art & craft etc.
7. Which state government has signed an MoU with UNEP to develop a framework for achieving climate resilience & lowcarbon development in the state by 2040 ________ Bihar.
➢ Bihar became the 1st Indian State to sign such an agreement.
➢ As part of the Agreement, UNEP will assist Bihar to prepare a GreenHouse Gas (GHG) Inventory & Carbon Footprint Analyses and to develop Climate Impact Vulnerability Assessments
1. What is the theme of the 20th edition of The Energy and Resources Institute’s (TERI) flagship event, the World Sustainable Development Summit 2021 __________ Redefining our Common Future: Safe and Secure Environment for All.
➢ Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the World Sustainable Development Summit 2021.
➢ The World Sustainable Development Summit (WSDS) is The Energy and Resources Institute's (TERI) annual flagship event.
2. Which country has released new anti-monopoly guidelines that target internet platforms, a move tightening the existing restrictions faced by the country’s top tech companies _________ China.
➢ The new rules formalise an earlier anti-monopoly draft law released in November, and clarify a series of monopolistic practices that regulators can crack down on.
➢ The rules, issued by the market regulator, bar companies from a range of behaviour, including forcing merchants to choose between the country’s top internet players, a long-time practice in the market.
3. With which country India has signed an agreement to build the Shahtoot Dam _________ Afghanistan.
➢ In a virtual summit, external affairs minister S Jaishankar and his Afghan counterpart Mohammed Haneef Atmar signed the MoU in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani.
➢ The Shahtoot dam is to be constructed on the Kabul river basin, one of the five river basins of Afghanistan.
4. Which Space agency announced to launch the world's first 'all-civilian' mission to space named as Inspiration4 ________ SpaceX.
➢ SpaceX announced its plan for the World’s first all civilian mission to space, the mission is named Inspiration4 in recognition of the 4-person crew to support St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
➢ The mission commanded by Jared Isaacman, a 37-year-old entrepreneur the founder and CEO of Shift4 Payments and accomplished pilot will be launched from NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
5. Which country has announced to set up world’s largest offshore wind farm by 2030 ________ South Korea.
➢ This is a major component of President Moon Jae-in’s vision of a Korean Green New Deal that would both create jobs and make the country carbon neutral by 2050.
➢ The farm will have a maximum capacity of 8.2 GW.
6. The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has selected which space company to launch its SPHEREx Mission _________ SpaecX.
➢ Elon Musk's SpaceX wins contract to launch NASA's astrophysics mission. Washington, NASA has selected tech billionaire Elon Musk 's private aerospace company SpaceX to provide launch services for an astrophysics mission to survey the sky in the near-infrared light.
7. Which country unveiled an ambitious 10-year space program for his country that includes missions to the moon, sending astronauts into space and developing internationally viable satellite systems _______ Turkey.
➢ Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan unveiled an ambitious 10-year space program for his country that includes missions to the moon, sending Turkish astronauts into space and developing internationally viable satellite systems.
➢ Erdogan announced the program, seen as part of his vision for placing Turkey in expanded regional and global role, during a live televised event laced with special effects.
8. Which country conducted military exercise ‘Jidar-ul-Hadeed’ ________Pakistan.
➢ The exercise, code-named ‘Jidar-ul-Hadeed’, began on January 28 and is scheduled to conclude on February 28.
➢ Troops from the Karachi Corps will be practising tactical drills and procedures as part of the exercise.
1. Who has been conferred with the Business Leader of the Year at The Economic Times Award for Corporate Excellence 2020 _________ Pawan Munjal.
➢ The Jury for the awards was led by Sundar Pichai, the chief executive officer of Alphabet Inc and its subsidiary Google.
➢ Shaktikanta Das, governor of the Reserve Bank of India, was the jury’s choice for Business Reformer of the Year.
2. Who is the winner of the Lifetime Achievement Award at The Economic Times Award for Corporate Excellence 2020 _________ Aditya Puri.
➢ After more than a quarter century at HDFC Bank, he left a bank worth Rs 7.73 lakh crore with a balance-sheet size of Rs 16 lakh crore and net bad loans of a minuscule 0.17%.
➢ The Jury for the awards was led by Sundar Pichai, the chief executive officer of Alphabet Inc and its subsidiary Google.
3. Who has won the Allan Border Medal for the period 2020-21 _______ Steve Smith.
➢ The Allan Border Medal recognises the most outstanding male Australian cricketer of the past season as voted by his peers, the media and umpires.
➢ Apart from this, Beth Mooney bagged Belinda Clarke Award, the top honour for a female player at the Australian Cricket Awards.
4. Which airport has won the global recognition from the Airports Council International World’s ‘Voice of the Customer’ award _________ Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL).
➢ The ‘Voice of the Customer’ initiative by the Airports Council International World recognises airports that continued to prioritise their customers and remained committed to ensuring that their voice was heard during the novel coronavirus pandemic in 2020.
1. Who became the sixth Indian bowler to take 300 wickets in Test cricket in his 98th test against England at Chennai ________ Ishant Sharma.
➢ Indian fast bowler Ishant Sharma became the sixth Indian bowler to take 300 wickets in Test cricket in his 98th test against England at Chennai.
➢ Anil Kumble (619), Kapil Dev (434), Ravichandran Ashwin (377), Harbhajan Singh (417) and Zaheer Khan (311) are other Indian bowlers to take more than 300 wickets in tests.
2. Asian Games gold medalist athlete Hima Das has been appointed as a Deputy Superintendent of Police by which state government ________ Assam.
➢ Assam government has appointed World Championship sprinter Hima Das as a Deputy Superintendent of Police in the state and medal winners in Olympics, Asian Games and Commonwealth Games will be appointed as Class- I officers.
3. Priyanka Goswami is associated with which sports who set a new National record and qualified for Tokyo Olympics and for the World Athletics Championship _________ Racewalking.
➢ Priyanka Goswami, 25, shattered the national record in the 20-km walk at the 8th open national and 4th international race walking championship in Ranchi on Saturday with a timing of 1:28:45.
➢ And she qualified for Tokyo Olympics and for the World Athletics Championship.
1. Who has authored the novel titled “Whereabouts” _________ Jhumpa Lahiri.
➢ The book is published by Penguin Random House India is about a woman protagonist and her journey through life. The book will be released in April.
➢ The novel Whereabout was written in Italian and translated into English by Jhumpa Lahiri.
➢ The book portrays the story of the life of a woman whose life transforms with the change in her perspective.
2. Who has authored the novel titled ‘1857 – The Sword of Mastaan’ ________ Vineet Bajpai.
➢ It is part two of the Mastaan Trilogy. The first part of the trilogy, Mastaan – The Fallen Patriot of Delhi, was released in October 2019.
➢ It is author’s 5th fiction novel and 8th book overall
3. Who has authored the book titled "Beautiful Things" __________ Hunter Biden.
➢ The book is called "Beautiful Things" and will center on the younger Biden's well publicized struggles with substance abuse, according to Gallery Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster.
➢ Acquired in the fall of 2019, "Beautiful Things" was kept under wraps even as Biden's business dealings became a fixation of then-President Donald Trump and others during the election and his finances a matter of investigation by the Justice Department.
4. Who has authored the book titled ‘Platform Scale: For A Post-Pandemic World’ __________ Sangeet Paul Choudhary.
➢ The first edition of ‘Platform Scale’ was published in 2015.
➢ It explains about the importance of inner workings of platform business models and their ability to scale rapidly.
5. Who has authored the book titled ‘By Many a Happy Accident: Recollections of a Life’ _________ Mohammad Hamid Ansari.
➢ He served as the ambassador to the United Arab Emirates(UAE), Afghanistan, Iran, and Saudi Arabia.
➢ He was the high commissioner to Australia and was also the permanent representative to the United Nations in New York.
6. Who has authored the book titled “Turn Around India: 2020 – Surmounting Past Legacy” _________ RP Gupta.
➢ The book explains the economic history of India which enables it to identify the strengths and weaknesses and helps to take the required corrective actions.
➢ This is an intimate narrative of the experiences and journey of RP Gupta towards achieving success through hard work and determination.
7. Who has authored the book titled 'Race With Me!’ __________ Andre De Grasse.
➢ Titled 'Race With Me!', the motivational book is expected to be out in July 2021.
➢ In the book, he shares how he overcomes adversity and stays motivated.
8. Who has authored the book titled “Mapping Love” _______ Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari.
➢ The book is published by Rupa Publications.
➢ Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari debuted as a director with the film “Nil Battey Sannata” in 2016 which was remade in Tamil as “Amma Kanakku”.
9. The book titled ‘Starstruck: Confessions of a TV executive’ is a memoir of which Television Executive _________ Peter Mukerjea.
➢ The book is presented as a recollection of his experiences in the satellite television industry in India and the changes it has gone through over the years.
➢ Mukerjea is the former chief executive of Star India
10. Who has authored the book titled “Unfinished: A Memoir” ________ Priyanka Chopra Jonas.
➢ The end result is a book, published by the Michael Joseph imprint, which covers her dual-continent 20-year-long career as an actor and producer and her work as a Unicef Goodwill Ambassador.
1. The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research-National Aerospace Laboratory has signed an MoU with which entity for development of two-seater trainer aircraft through technology transfer ________ BEML Limited.
➢ The Two entities will also undertake Joint Development in areas of advanced composites and autoclaves, miniunmanned aerial vehicles, design & analysis of aircraft structure & systems.
➢ The MoU was exchanged between A K Srivastav, Director Defence and Aerospace, BEML & R Venkatesh, Director, Business Development of NAL.
2. The 6th India-Russia Military Industrial Conference (IRMIC) was held in which city of India, where BEL entered into an Offset Contract under invest in kind with Rosoboronexport, a Joint Stock Company (JSC) in Russia ______ Kolkata, West Bengal.
➢ The MoU was signed at the 6th India-Russia Military Industrial Conference, held in Bengaluru.
➢ Setting up of industrial facilities under the contract for manufacture of aviation hoses is fully consistent with the government’s ‘Make in India’ programme.
3. Which edition of ‘Yudh Abhyas’, the joint military exercise of India and the United States was held in Rajasthan ________ 16th.
➢ The Indian side is represented by the 11th Battalion of Jammu and Kashmir Rifles, part of the South Western Command while U.S.
➢ Army delegation will be represented by the troops of 2nd battalion, 3rd Infantry Regiment of 1-2 Stryker Brigade Combat Team along with respective brigade headquarters.
4. Indian Navy has signed an MoU with which IIT for research in the underwater domain of Naval Electronic Systems _________ IIT Delhi.
➢ Research conducted at IIT Delhi has played a key role in the technological advancements of the Indian Navy
➢ Indian Navy, in accordance with ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’, aims to develop major technology driven projects through IIT Delhi.
5. ‘Theatre Level Operational Readiness Exercise (TROPEX 21)’, is the Biennial Largest War Game of which entity of Indian defence system ________ Indian Navy.
➢ The exercise started in early January 2021 and is expected to end by the Third Week of February, 2021.
➢ The main objective of the exercise is to validate the Navy’s Offensive-Defence capabilities, safeguarding national interests in the Maritime domain and promoting stability and peace in the IOR.
6. Where is the headquarter of the CIFT located ________ Kochi.
➢ ADDS, promulgated by the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways, will set up a criterion for basic design aspects for the construction of DSFVs.
➢ Notably, the vessels constructed in compliance with ASDDS will attract a subsidy under the PMMSY scheme.
7. The Ministry of Defence has inked a pact with which company to procure a software-defined radio tactical (SDR-Tac) shipborne system ________ Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL).
➢ The procurement of SDR-Tac (software-defined radio tactical) "will bring strategic depth to the armed forces".
➢ The SDR-Tac is a four channel multi-mode, multi-band, 19-inch rack mountable, ship-borne software defined radio system