Banking & Financial Awareness
1. Payments banks has launched ‘Bhavishya’ Savings Account for Minors Aged between 10-18 years ________ Fino Payments Bank.
➢ The Bhavishya Savings Account can be only opened through the Electronic-Know Your Customer(e-KYC) mode.
➢ The account comes with a free Platinum RuPay Debit card and there is no requirement to maintain any minimum monthly average balance.
➢ The annual Subscription charges for the account is Rs.349
2. Bank has joined hands with Star Health and Allied Insurance Co Ltd for bancassurance _______ Karur Vysya Bank.
➢ As per the pact, KVB will market wide range health insurance products of the Star Health through its 780 branches.
➢ In addition, all bank customers will be able to access value-added services like STAR WELLNESS and get telehealth consultation using TALK TO STAR.
3. Bank has entered into a strategic multiyear partnership with Google Cloud ________ Deutsche Bank.
➢ The partnership focuses on redefining how the bank develops and offers its financial services.
➢ The partnership enables co-innovation between the two companies to produce the next generation of technologybased financial products for clients and delivers cutting edge cloud services to Deutsche Bank.
4. General Insurance company that launched a service in which the auto insurance customers are not required to pay the ‘Compulsory Deductible’ cost for each claim _________ Liberty General Insurance.
➢ The service is a part of its existing Private Car Package Policy under the Regulatory Sandbox approval received from the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI).
➢ The Liberty Assure will have an additional benefit which includes ‘service warranty’ for customers, covering all defects which arise from the repair of an accidental vehicle.
5. Ola has entered into a strategic partnership with which Indian e-commerce payment system to boost its digital payments experience for its customers ________ PhonePe.
➢ This partnership will help Ola users to link their existing PhonePe account with their Ola account to make payments for future rides.
➢ This partnership will also enable PhonePe to provide their services to millions of customers on the Ola platform.
6. Which bank has released USD 50 million in the first tranche of assistance to L&T Infrastructure Finance Ltd (LTIF), to fund renewable Energy Projects in India ______ Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.
➢ The released amount is part of a sanctioned USD 100 million External Commercial Borrowing (ECB) loan.
➢ This is the 1st loan of AIIB to a non-banking financial company (NBFC) in India.
➢ The objective of the project is to enhance the supply of renewable energy in India by mobilizing private capital.
7. Karur Vysya Bank (KVB) has joined hands with which life insurer for bancassurance ______ Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance.
➢ As per the pact, KVB will market all retail and group products of Bajaj Allianz including savings, retirement, investment, protection and critical illness life insurance products through its 780 branches.
➢ Through this partnership, Bajaj Allianz will strengthen its penetration in southern India, leveraging tech-enabled servicing solutions & comprehensive life insurance products to KVB customers.
8. As per the Reserve Bank of India data which Indian state is at the top in market borrowings in the fiscal 2020-21(FY 21) _________ Tamil Nadu.
➢ TN, which has accounted for 17% of the borrowings done through the issue of bonds (known as state development loans), has been followed by Maharashtra ₹25,500 crore (14%), Andhra Pradesh ₹17,000 crore (9%), Rajasthan ₹17,000 crore (9%).
9. Which bank has renewed its 3-year MoU signed in 2017 with the Paris based International Energy Agency (IEA) for promoting advance clean energy development in the developing member countries _______ Asian Development Bank.
➢ ADB signed the MoU with International Organization-IEA back in March 2017 for promoting advance clean energy development in the developing member countries under the ADB.
➢ The purpose of the MoU was to overcome the critical experience and knowledge gaps that were blocking the development of sustainable forms of energy in the developing economies under the ADB.
10. As per the revised norms of the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) what will be the maximum sum insured on Arogya Sanjeevani policies ________ No maximum limit.
➢ This decision has been taken in view of the increasing cost of healthcare in the country amid the covid-19 pandemic.
➢ Arogya Sanjeevani, is a product for which all insurers are mandated to offer had a cap of Rs 5 lakh on the sum insured and the minimum cover for it was of Rs 1 lakh.
11. Which becomes the 12th Foreign Investor in Jio Platforms in last three months with an investment of Rs 730 crore ________ Qualcomm Ventures.
➢ Rs 730 crore of investment will translate to 0.15 percent of an equity stake for Qualcomm in Jio Platforms. In a matter of 12 weeks since 22nd April 2020, this was the 13th foreign investment, and the 12th Foreign Investor.
➢ The 13 foreign investments make a total of Rs 1,18,318.45 crores that have been raised in Jio Platforms.
12. As per the data from the Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry, which country remains as the top trading partner of India during the Financial Year 2019-20 _________USA.
➢ This is the second consecutive Financial Year that the United States has become the top trading partner of India (in Financial Year 2018-19 United States surpassed the People’s Republic of China to become the top trading partner of India), indicating the continuously increasing economic ties between both the countries.
13. As per the Industry body FICCI what will be the country’s annual median GDP growth for FY 2020-21 _______– 4.5 per cent.
➢ Industry body Ficci on Sunday said its Economic Outlook Survey has projected the country's annual median GDP growth for 2020-21 at (-) 4.5 per cent.
➢ With the rapid spread of COVID-19 pandemic manifesting into an economic and healthcare crisis globally, the latest forecast marks a sharp downward revision from the growth estimate of 5.5 per cent reported in the January 2020 survey.
14. Payment technology company VISA has partnered with which bank to roll out Visa Secure to the bank’s cardholders __________ Federal Bank.
➢ Visa Secure is a global authentication program that uses the latest standards of the EMV 3DS (3D Secure) protocol.
➢ Besides providing additional layers of authentication for issuers and merchants to combat online frauds, the upgraded technology provides a quicker and frictionless checkout experience to consumers.
➢ Visa Secure, built on EMVCo 3DS 2.0 protocol, makes e-commerce more secure while reducing customer friction at point of purchase to the growing number of online shoppers.
15. Technology giant google announced to invest what amount in India over the next five to seven years with a focus on digitizing the economy and building India-first products and services _________ Rs 75,000 crore.
➢ Firstly, the Rs 75,000 crore investment will focus on help in enabling affordable access and information to every Indian irrespective of the language.
➢ Secondly, India’s unique needs to be met by products and services. The huge investment will also help local businesses to move towards digital transformation. Also, it will work towards using Artificial Integellince (AI) in
areas like health, education, etc.
1. Syed Ishtiaq Ahmed Jafri popularly known as Jagdeep passed away recently, he was a veteran ________ Actor.
➢ Jagdeep appeared in around 400 films but it is his role as Soorma Bhopali in 1975 film "Sholay.
➢ Better known by his stage name Jagdeep, the actor also directed the movie "Soorma Bhopali" with his character as the protagonist.
2. Renowned personality Charlie Daniels passed away recently, was a veteran ________ Musician.
➢ He was country music and southern rock icon who entertained fans for decades with songs like “Long-Haired Country Boy,” “In America,” and his signature fiddle tune “The Devil Went Down To Georgia”, who won his only Grammy Award in 1979.
➢ He was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2016.
3. Renowned personality Nagindas Sanghvi passed away recently, he was a veteran _______ Journalist.
➢ He was 100 and suffering from acute asthma. Mr. Sangvi was conferred Padma Shri award in the year 2019.
➢ He was in teaching at Bhavan’s College Andheri from 1951 to 1980.
➢ Later he moved to Ruparel College, Mahim and Mithibai College, Vile Parle for teaching political science.
4. Famous footballer Wim Suurbier of which country passed away recently ________ The Netherlands.
➢ Suurbier, who won three European championships with the legendary Ajax side of the same decade, had been in hospital since suffering a cerebral haemorrhage in April.
➢ Suurbier was an attacking full-back whose role epitomised the "Total Football" style pioneered by the Ajax and Dutch national sides during his heyday.
5. English sports person Jack Charlton passed away recently, he was associated with which sports_______ Football.
➢ A member of the England 1966 World-Cup winning team, Jack Charlton passed away.
➢ He was also an integral part of the great Don Revie-managed Leeds United side that won the 1969 League title and the 1972 FA Cup.
6. Renowned personality Avad Bin Hassan Jami passed away recently, he was a veteran _________ cartoonist.
➢ His cartoons were published in Gujarati magazine “Abhiyan” for last over two decades. He had also worked in Gujarati newspaper Phhulchhab as a cartoonist.
➢ He was a drawing teacher at Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jamnagar and became a full-time cartoonist after retirement.
7. Amadou Gon Coulibaly who passed away recently was prime minister of _________ Ivory Coast.
➢ He recently returned from France after receiving medical treatment.
➢ He was also chosen as the ruling party Rally of Houphouetists for Democracy and Peace (RHDP)’s candidate for October’s presidential election.
1. World Population Day is observed globally every year on _________11th July.
➢ This day is observed to raise awareness among people about the impact of a growing population and issues including gender equality, the importance of family planning, poverty, maternal health, human rights, etc.
➢ This year theme of World Population Day 2020: Putting the brakes on COVID-19: Safeguarding the health and rights of women and girls.
2. The United Nations celebrates World Malala Day to honour the young activist, Malala Yousafzai every year on ________ 12th July.
➢ Malala Day is commemorated, the birthday of Malala Yousafzai to honour women and children’s rights around the world.
➢ On October 9, 2012, Malala was shot in the head by Taliban gunmen after she publicly advocated for the education of girls. Despite the attack, Malala soon returned to the public eye, fiercer in her views than earlier and continued her advocacy for gender rights.
1. Who has been appointed as the first chairman of the International Financial Services Centre Authority (IFSCA) for a 3 years term ________ Injeti Srinivas.
➢ IFSCA regulates all financial services in international financial services centres (IFSCs) in Gandhinagar.
➢ In addition to the chairman, IFSCA has other members who have been nominated from the RBI, SEBI, IRDAI, PFRDA and two members from the Centre.
➢ Injeti Srinivas is a 1983 batch IAS officer from the Odisha cadre
2. Who has been appointed as the first India based Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of UKIBC _______ Jayant Krishna.
➢ He will assume office from 3rd August 2020 succeeding the current CEO Richard Heald.
➢ Richard Heald will take charge as the chairman of the Group from 1st September 2020 succeeding Lord Davies of Abersoch, the current Chair.
➢ Lord Davies of Abersoch will assume the position of President of UKIBC’s new Senior Leadership Council.
3. Who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Luxury Ride the multi-brand luxury car showrooms _______ Sukhbir Singh.
➢ He will soon be seen in a full-fledged marketing campaign besides being leveraged across its upcoming brand and product communication initiatives.
➢ Luxury Rides is a chain of pre-owned, multi-brand luxury car showrooms. Its pre-owned luxury car portfolio includes Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Volvo, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mini Cooper, and others.
4. The term of Rajkiran Rai as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of which bank has been extended for two years ________ Union Bank of India.
➢ Rai was appointed as the managing director of Union Bank on July 1, 2017, for a period of 3 years until June 30, 2020.
➢ The extension of Rai’s tenure implies to facilitate the merger properly. The merged entity is now India’s fifthlargest public sector bank.
5. Who has been appointed as the ambassador for Toronto IFF _______Priyanka Chopra.
➢ She joined the list of 50 celebrated filmmakers and actors who are
invited as the ambassadors of the TIFF.
➢ The esteemed film festival will be opting for digital screenings and virtual red carpets in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
➢ The festival is scheduled to kick off from September 10 to September 19, 2020.
6. The Incumbent President of which country Andrzej Duda has secured a victory in the 2020 Presidential Election ______Poland.
➢ Andrzej Duda has secured 1,04,13,094 (1 crore 4 lakh 13 thousand 94 votes) votes in the Second Round of the Election to cross the majority figure marginally with 51.21 percent of the total valid votes.
➢ Duda’s opponent Rafal Trzaskowski secured 99,21,219 (99 lakh 21 thousand 219 votes) to finish at second place with 48.79 percent of the total valid votes.
➢ Andrzej Duda’s current term will expire on 6th August 2020, with this win, he will continue as the President of Poland for another five-year term.
7. Who has been appointed as the new President of Hockey India _______ Gyanendro Ningombam.
➢ He will replace Mohd Mushtaque Ahmad.
➢ This was following the resignation letter of Mohd Mushtaque Ahmad received by Hockey India on 7 July 2020 due to his personal and family commitments.
8. Who has been appointed as the interim chief executive officer (CEO) of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) ______ Hemang Amin.
➢ He will replace Rahul Johri who recently resigned as the chief executive officer (CEO) of BCCI and his resignation was accepted by the BCCI office-bearers.
➢ Hemang Amin is the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the Indian Premier League. He joined the IPL operations team in June 2010 and was appointed as the COO of IPL in 2015.
Important News – India
1. Which ministry has set up an inter-ministerial committee to coordinate investigations related to three Nehru-Gandhi family linked trusts, including the Rajiv Gandhi Foundation (RGF) _______ Ministry of Home Affairs.
➢ The committee would be headed by special director of the Enforcement Directorate.
➢ Congress president Sonia Gandhi is the chairperson of RGF and its board has among others former PM Manmohan Singh, Rahul Gandhi, P Chidambaram and Priyanka Gandhi.
2. Asia’s Largest and World’s Second Largest Uptime Tier IV Designed Data Centre was inaugurated in which city of India _______ Navi Mumbai.
➢ The Data Centre is named ‘Yotta NM1 or NM1’ is located inside the 600-Acre Hiranandani Fortune City at Navi Mumbai’s Panvel region.
➢ Inside the Hiranandani Fortune City, a Data Centre Park named Panvel Data Centre Park or Integrated Yotta Data Centre Park has been developed, NM1 is located inside the Panvel Data Centre Park.
3. What is India’s rank in the Global Real Estate Transparency Index (GRETI) 2020 released by the US-based Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated (JLL) ______34th.
➢ The Index was released by the United States-based property and investment management services firm- Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated (JLL).
➢ GRETI was first released in the year 1999.
➢ This year marked the 11th edition of GRETI. A total of 163 cities and 99 countries have been covered in the 11th edition of GRETI.
4. The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with which of the following to exchange data between them _______ SEBI.
➢ The MoU will facilitate the sharing of data and information between SEBI and CBDT on an automatic and regular basis.
➢ In addition to regular exchange of data, SEBI and CBDT will also exchange with each other, on request and suo moto basis, any information available in their respective databases, for the purpose of carrying out their functions under various laws.
5. What is the budget outlay of the Central Sector Scheme “Agriculture Infrastructure Fund” which was approved by the Union Cabinet ________ Rs 1 lakh crore.
➢ The scheme shall provide a medium - long term debt financing facility for investment in viable projects for postharvest management Infrastructure and community farming assets through interest subvention and financial support.
➢ Loans will be disbursed in four years starting with sanction of Rs. 10,000 crorein the current year and Rs. 30,000 crore each in next three financial years.
6. The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) has joined hands with which technology company to enhance the digital skills of the country’s youth ______ Microsoft India Private Limited.
➢ The partnership with NSDC is an extension of Microsoft’s Global Skilling Initiative. Under this, the company is teaching new digital skills to 25 million people all over the world, which is needed in the coronavirus (Covid-19) economy.
➢ The integration between the two firms will give the youth a chance to redefine their skills for the digital economy.
7. Under whose chairmanship the IRDAI has formed a 9- member working group to look into the possibility of setting up ‘Pandemic Risk Pool’ _________ Suresh Mathur.
➢ Suresh Mathur, Executive Director, Irdai, will be the Chairman for the 9-member working group with industry representatives as members.
➢ Apart from studying the need for such as pool, the group will also recommend the structure and operating model.
8. Recently approved the union cabinet the Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (ARHCs) scheme is a sub-scheme under ________ Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna (PMAY).
➢ Under this existing vacant government-funded housing complexes across key cities will be converted into ARHCs, and offered to concessionaires for 25 years to rent out the units to urban poor and migrant workers.
➢ State and civic bodies will select concessionaire through bidding, according to guidelines issued by the housing and urban development ministry.
9. Which IIT has tie-up with a multinational technology company, NVIDIA to establish India’s 1st ‘NVIDIA AI Technology Centre’ (NVAITC) _______ IIT Hyderabad.
➢ Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad (IITH) is tie-up with a multinational technology company, NVIDIA to establish India’s 1st ‘NVIDIA AI Technology Centre’ (NVAITC).
➢ This centre is established to accelerate research on Artificial Intelligence and its commercial adoption.
10. Which ministry released first five volumes of Mongolian Kanjur Manuscript recently ________ Ministry of Culture.
➢ The first set of five volumes of Mongolian Kanjur published under the National Mission for Manuscripts (NMM) was recently presented to the Government of Mongolia.
➢ Mongolian Kanjur, the Buddhist canonical text in 108 volumes is considered to be the most important religious text in Mongolia. In the Mongolian language ‘Kanjur’ means ‘Concise Orders’- the words of Lord Buddha in particular.
11. Which company has partnered with Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and Digital India to lead the scale up program of Digital India and Information Technology start-ups _______ T-Hub.
➢ As many as 10-15 startups with leading-edge solutions in mobility, energy, agriculture, aerospace, manufacturing, consumer, healthtech, medtech, smart cities and logistics and supply chain sectors will be shortlisted.
➢ The call for application for the program will commence in July 2020.
➢ Startups will be shortlisted from hundreds of applications after an extensive screening process.
12. Who was the head of the 9-member committee to study various issues related to non-personal data that called for a new legislation to regulate such information _________ Kris Gopalakrishnan.
➢ The committee strongly recommends that the proposed Non-Personal Data Governance Framework becomes the basis of a new legislation for regulating non-personal data.
➢ The committee was set up last year the ministry of electronics and information technology (MeitY).
13. India’s second VNR 2020 report titled “Decade of Action: Taking SDGs from Global to Local” was presented by which body/ministry to the UN High-level Political Forum ________ NITI Aayog.
➢ The HLPF is the foremost international platform for follow-up and review of progress on the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
➢ Dr Rajiv Kumar, Vice Chairman, NITI Aayog, presented the VNR.
14. BSE has signed a memorandum of understanding with which of the following to encourage listing of start-ups and develop ‘high investor depth’ in its start-ups platform ________ IIT Alumni Council.
➢ The alliance will ensure entity transparency, improvement in governance, market discovery of share price, provide liquidity for private equity investors and enable retail participation.
➢ IIT Alumni Council is the largest global body of alumni, students and faculty across all the 23 IITs with over 100 city chapters globally.