Banking & Financial Awareness1. The US International Development Finance Corporation (USIDFC) is planning to invest what amount in India ________USD 350 million.
➢ The investment will be made in finance, health infrastructure, renewable energy and food security space also look to empower smallholder dairy farmers, generate solar power increase access to education.
➢ It is one of the largest approvals made by the Board of Directors.
2. What amount of Special Liquidity Facility has been provided to Assam Gramin Vikash Bank by NABARD in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic to support the agricultural activities of the farmers _______Rs 270 crore.
➢ This support & separate line of credit will enable to intensify farmers crop production.
➢ NABARD received Rs 25,000 crore to refinance Regional Rural Banks(RRBs), co-operative(co-op) banks and Microfinance Institutions(MFIs) to ensure credit flow to farmers for agricultural operations during COVID-19 pandemic from RBI.
3. Which IT company signed UNGC Initiative to reduce CO2 emissions ______Tech Mahindra.
➢ Mahindra Group has joined 155 global companies by inking a joint declaration with United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) urging governments to align their COVID-19 recovery efforts with the latest climate science.
➢ Through this joint declaration, Tech Mahindra aims to reduce carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions
4. The World Bank (WB) has granted loan worth of Rs. 1,950 crores to which state for tackling COVID-19 situation and developmental work _________West Bengal.
➢ Out of the total amount, Rs. 1,100 crores will be allocated for creating Industrial infrastructures and the balance Rs. 850 crore will be spent for various Social-Welfare schemes.
5. Who chaired the Committee on Development of Housing Finance Securitisation Market in India on the recommendation of which RBI draft Framework for Securitisation of Standard Assets_________Harsh Vardhan.
➢ The central bank has proposed significant changes in securitisation norms which are aimed at development of a strong and robust market.
➢ The revision in guidelines is an attempt to align the regulatory framework with the Basel guidelines on securitisation that have come into force effective January 1, 2018.
6. Which digital payment platform has partnered with ICICI Lombard to launch first of its kind travel insurance & domestic trip insurance _______PhonePe.
➢ The cost of the insurance is Rs 499/year.It provides 365-day protection & covers all modes of transport.
➢ The policy provides affordable annual insurance cover for unlimited trips. This solution eliminates the need to insure each trip separately and will benefit both business and leisure travelers unlike other traditional travel insurance products.
7. What will be the growth of India in FY2020-21 as per World Bank’s Global Economic Prospect (GEP) June 2020 ______ -3.2 per cent.
➢ It was lower from 4.2% which forecasted in FY2019-20 at the end of March 2020.
➢ The growth forecast is 9 percentage lower than the GEP forecasts from January 2020 when the growth was projected as 5.8%.
➢ But it also highlights that country’s growth is expected to be 3.1% for the FY 2021-22.
8. According to World bank’s report, global economy will contract by what per cent in 2020________ 5.2 per cent.
➢ According to the World Bank, the massive shock of the COVID-19 Pandemic and lockdown measures for its containment will lead to a contraction of the global economy by 5.2% in 2020.
9. Name the digital technology company which has partnered with UNDP, HCCB for plastic waste management Project named ‘Prithivi’ _________ Recykal.
➢ As part of this partnership, Recykal will leverage its cloud applications, mobile applications to raise consumer awareness on segregation and recycling.
➢ It will enable collection, channelization of plastic waste from schools, colleges, corporates, RWAs, and bulk generators to connect with recyclers closing the loop of the recycling ecosystem.
10. Which fintech company announced to launch of Payout Links for businesses in Gaming, E-commerce, Rental and other sectors to automate and process instant payouts to customers and vendors without bank account details ______ RazorpayX.
➢ The neobanking arm of the fintech giant Razorpay, announced the launch of Payout Links for businesses in Gaming, E-commerce, Rental and other sectors.
➢ It is designed to automate and process instant payouts to customers and vendors without bank account details.
11. Which entity has partnered with Mastercard to launch “Cardless ATM powered by Mastercard” that enable contact-free ATM cash withdrawals in India _______ Empays Payment Systems.
➢ With this partnership, Empays will upgrade the basic technology behind the IMT Payment System to incorporate the requirements of Mastercard Cardless ATM enabling a true EMV-capable cash withdrawal transaction.
12. Which company has partnered with First Alliance Bank (Z) Ltd to provide mPOS solution to SME and other businesses _________ ePaisa.
➢ ePaisa will be the solution provider for First Alliance Bank (FAB), which will further provide it to businesses across Zambia. ➢ For ePaisa this partnership becomes first global expansion.
➢ The focus of the partnership for the FAB is to empower all business with POS solution in various industries across Zambia.
13. What will be the growth rate of India in next fiscal (FY 2021-22) as per Fitch ratings ________ 9.5 per cent.
➢ After a contraction in the current financial year, India’s economy is forecast to bounce back with a sharp growth rate of 9.5 percent next fiscal, Fitch Ratings has said.
➢ It has forecast a 5 percent contraction in the GDP in the ongoing financial year.
14. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has barred which Co-operative bank from granting fresh loans and accepting deposits for six months, due to its weak financial position ________ People's Co-operative Bank.
➢ The central bank has barred the co-operative bank from selling, transferring or disposing any of its properties or assets.
➢ These directions will remain in force for six months from the close of business on June 10 and are subject to review.
15. As per the Economic Outlook (EO) released by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) what will be growth rate of India’s GDP in FY 2020-21 _________-3.7 per cent.
➢ The GDP deceleration could further reach to -7.3% in the event of a second Covid-19 outbreak.
➢ It should be noted that EO, June 2020 has assumed an implementation of shutdowns in the December 2020 quarter (Q3), following another surge of the COVID-19 virus.
16. Who will chair the committee formed by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to review the guidelines related to ownership, governance and corporate structure of private sector banks _________ PK Mohanty.
➢ The panel will be headed by RBI Central Board of Director Prasanna Kumar Mohanty.
➢ The RBI panel will also examine and review the eligibility criteria for individuals or entities to apply for a banking licence.
17. Export-Import Bank of India (EXIM Bank) has provided a line of credit (LOC) of $215.68 million to which country for Drinking Water Supply Scheme _________ Malawi.
➢ This assistance will be used on drinking water supply schemes and other development projects includes supply of irrigation network, tobacco threshing plant, cotton processing facilities, green belt initiative, sugar processing equipment, fuel storage facility and construction of a new water supply system from Likhubula river in Mulanje to Blantyre.Obituaries1. Renowned personality Chiranjeevi Sarja passed away recently, he was a veteran _______ Actor.
➢ He has featured in films such as Samhaara, Aadyaa, Khaki, Sinnga, Amma I Love You, Prema Baraha, Dandam Dashagunam and Varadhanayaka among others.
➢ He was last seen in the Kannada action-drama Shivarjuna.
2. Ved Prakash Marwah who passed away recently is a former governor of which state ________Jharkhand, Manipur and Mizoram.
➢ Ved Marwah was an alumnus of St. Stephens college.
➢ He was the first Secretary of the High Commission of India, London.
➢ From 1985 to 1988 he served as the Police Commissioner of Delhi during the repercussions of 1984 anti-Sikh riots and he served as the third Director General of the National Security Guard from 1988 to 1990.
3. Renowned personality Arjun Charan Sethi passed away recently, he was a veteran _______Politician.
➢ He was Water Resources Minister in Atal Bihari Vajpayee Cabinet from 2000 to 2004. He entered Lok Sabha from Bhadrak on a Congress ticket in 1971 and re-elected in 1980, also on a Congress ticket.
➢ The veteran politician was also elected to Odisha Assembly twice on Janata Dal ticket in 1991 and 1995 from Bhandaripokhari.
4. Pierre Nkurunziza passed away recently was President of which country ________Brundi.
➢ He was born on 18th December 1964 in Ngozi Province.
➢ He was a sports graduate and assistant lecturer at the University of Burundi and after the Civil War he became the leader of Forces for Defence of Democracy (FDD) in 2001.
5. Famous sport person Tony Dunne, passed away recently, he was associated with which sports ________Football.
➢ He joined Manchester United at the age of 18 in 1960 and debuted on 16th October 1960 against Burnley (A) league.
➢ He was a part of the winning side of the European Cup in 1968.
6. Famous sportsperson Vasant Raiji passed away recently, he was associated with which sports _______Cricket.
➢ A chartered accountant, he was also a well-known chronicler of cricket, having written books on C.K. Nayudu, Ranjitsinhji, Duleepsinhji, L.P. Jai and Victor Trumper.
➢ A Cricket Club of India player, he represented Bombay and Baroda.
➢ The cricketer-historian was also a founding member of Jolly Cricket Club in Mumbai.
7. Former Test cricketer Matt Poore passed away recently, he played for which country ________New Zealand.
➢ He is remembered for catching a stray dog during a match in Bengaluru in 1955 and subsequently taking 12 antirabies injections.
➢ An all-rounder, Poore had a short but colourful 14-Test career between 1953 and 1956 alongside two greats - Bert Sutcliffe and John Reid.
8. Veteran poet and freedom fighter Anand Mohan Zutshi passed away recently, he was a poet of which language ______Urdu.
➢ Anand Mohan Zutshi ‘Gulzar’ Dehlvi was the editor of the 1st Urdu science magazine, Science ki Duniya, published by the Government of India in 1975.
➢ He played a prominent role in opening Urdu schools across India & has been a part of a number of mushairas(Poetic symposium), which includes Jashn-e-Rekhta in 2015 and Jigar Fest in 2018.Important Days1. The World Ocean Day is celebrated every year on which date _______ 8th June.
➢ The Day is celebrated to remind people all over the world about the importance of oceans in everyday life. This year, the World Oceans Day is celebrated under the theme ‘Innovation for a Sustainable Ocean’.
2. World Brain Tumor Day 2020 was observed on which date______8th June.
➢ The day is celebrated to improve the care for the patients and to educate the general public about the sufferings and seriousness of brain tumor.
➢ The grey ribbon is the international symbol for the solidarity with brain tumor patients.
3. 9th June of Every year is celebrated as the _________ World Accreditation Day.
➢ It is an initiative established by the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation(ILAC) and International Accreditation Forum(IAF) to promote the value of accreditation.
➢ The Theme of World Accreditation Day 2020 is “Accreditation: Improving food safety”
4. The World Day against Child Labour is observed every year on _______ 12th June.
➢ The theme this year is, “COVID-19 - Protect children from child labour now, more than ever".
➢ According to figures available on the United Nations' website, approximately 152 million children have been pushed into child labour.
5. International Albinism Awareness Day is observed every year on which date _______13th June.
➢ This day is observed to educate everyone about the rights of people with albinism and celebrate them.
➢ The United Nations General Assembly was first perceived this day as a resolution. The theme of the 5th anniversary of International Albinism Awareness Day is "Made To Shine."
6. Every year, the World Elder Abuse Awareness Day is celebrated on ________15th June.
➢ The day is celebrated to raise awareness about the neglect and abuse of older persons.
➢ It also raises awareness of social, cultural, economic and demographic processes that has impacts on elder neglect and abuse.
➢ The theme of the ‘World Elder Abuse Awareness Day 2020 is "Lifting up Voices".
7. The World Blood Donor Day is observed on every on ________14th June.
➢ This day tries to create awareness about the need for safe blood and blood products.
➢ This year (2020) the World Blood Donor Day is celebrated under the theme ‘Safe Blood Saves Lives’.New Appointments1. Who has been appointed as ‘Goodwill Ambassador to the Poor’ of the United Nations Association for Development And Peace (UNADAP) __________ Nethra.
➢ She was recognised for her role in feeding the poor during the COVID-19 lockdown by her father C. Mohan, a salon owner by convincing him to give Five Lakh rupees that he had been saving for her education since 2013.
➢ Nethra will speak at the United Nations (UN) conferences in New York and in Geneva addressing Civil Society forums and conferences. She was awarded a Dixon Scholarship amounting to Rs 1 Lakh.
2. Who has been appointed as the chairman of the committee for the welfare of the freedom fighters reconstituted by the union ministry of home affairs _______G Kishan Reddy.
➢ This panel will verify if someone has given affidavits to two or more applicant and also examine the demands to build memorials and museums for freedom fighters.
3. Who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Patna’s Khadi Mall by the Government of Bihar ________ Pankaj Tripathi.
➢ Tripathi mentioned that he would not take any salary for this role.
➢ The Khadi Mall in Patna is India’s first ever Kadhi mall inaugurated by Nitish Kumra, Chief Minister of Bihar in November 2019.
4. The Reserve Bank of India has approved the re-appointment of Kaizad Bharucha as Executive Director of which bank for a period of three years _______ HDFC Bank.
➢ Bharucha's re-appointment is subject to the approval of the shareholders at the ensuing Annual General Meeting of the Bank.
➢ In his current position, Bharucha is responsible for wholesale banking covering areas of corporate banking, emerging corporate group, business banking, capital markets and commodities business, agri lending, among others.
5. Who has been appointed as the chief executive officer (CEO) of UTI Asset Management Company (AMC) _______ Imtaiyazur Rahman.
➢ Two years ago he was appointed as the acting CEO of UTI.
➢ Rehman was the internal candidate for the position which fell vacant after Leo Puri completed his five-year term in August, 2018. He joined the UTI Group in 1998 and is with the AMC since 2003.