Q1. Which bank has approved a USD 500 million program to support India's nationwide initiative to revitalize the MSME sector, which has been heavily impacted by the COVID-19 crisis?
Correct Answer is World Bank.
- The program targets improvements in the performance of 555,000 MSMEs and is expected to mobilise financing of USD 15.5 billion, as part of the government's USD 3.4 billion MSME Competitiveness - A Post-COVID Resilience and Recovery Programme (MCRRP).
- The USD 500 million Raising and Accelerating Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) Performance (RAMP) Program is the World Bank's second intervention in this sector, the first being the USD 750 million MSME Emergency Response Program, approved in July 2020 to address the immediate liquidity and credit needs of millions of viable MSMEs severely impacted by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Q2. The Public sector banks have sanctioned what percent of the total loans under PM SVANidhi scheme to Street Vendors?
Correct Answer is 95%.
- PSU Banks have sanctioned 23,16,207 loans under this scheme as on 31st May 2021.
- The Government of India launched the PM Street Vendors’ Atma Nirbhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi) scheme on June 1,2020.
- Under the scheme, collateral-free working capital loan of up to Rs 10,000 of one-year tenure is being provided. The scheme aims at financing approximately 50 lakh street vendors.
Q3. The domestic credit rating agency CRISIL has revised the GDP growth estimate for India in FY 2021-22 to?
Correct Answer is 9.5 percent.
- The rating agency joins other watchers who have cut their FY22 growth projections, with some pegging it as low as 7.9 per cent.
- The economy had contracted by 7.3 per cent in FY21.
Q4. The Central government increased the Minimum Support Price (MSP) of kharif crops for the 2021-21 crop season (JulyJune) recently, maximum hike reserved for which crop this year?
Correct Answer is pulses and oilseeds.
- The maximum hike reserved for pulses and oilseeds to encourage farmers to shift from paddy.
- The MSP of tur and urad has been increased by Rs 300 per quintal in absolute terms for 2021-22 to Rs 6300 per quintal while the MSP of groundnut seed has been increased by Rs 275 per quintal in 2021-21 to Rs 5550 per quintal.
- The MSP of sesame seed has been raised by Rs 452 per quintal to Rs 7307 per quintal.
Q5. Which bank has signed an MoU with Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB) to provide a wide range of financial products and services to its customers?
Correct Answer is HDFC Bank.
- As part of the MoU, HDFC Bank will provide a wide range of financial products and services to its customers through an extensive network of branches across the country.
- As per the MoU, KIADB shall accord approvals related to handing over possession of land and project-related construction as per agreed terms between such allottees/customers and KIADB and take up expediting measures in case of delays.
Q6. Which Bank announced co-lending partnerships with NBFC players Indiabulls Housing Finance and IIFL Home Finance?
Correct Answer is Central Bank of India.
- Under this arrangement, non-banking finance companies (NBFCs) will originate and process retail home loans while Central Bank of India will take into its book 80 per cent of the housing loan under direct assignment transactions, the lender said in separate regulatory filings.
- The partnership will result in a greater disbursement of housing loans by Central Bank of India, Indiabulls HFL and IIFL HFL.
Q7. According toa release by commerce ministry, during 2020-21, India's export of agricultural and allied products grew by what percent?
Correct Answer is 17.34 per cent.
- The largest markets for India's agricultural products are the US, China, Bangladesh, UAE, Vietnam, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Nepal, Iran and Malaysia.
- Further, as many as 18 states -- including Maharashtra, Kerala, Nagaland, Tamil Nadu, Assam, Punjab, and Karnataka -- have finalised their specific action plan to implement the Agri export policy.
Q8. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) raised the interchange fee on each financial transaction at ATM from Rs 15 to?
Correct Answer is Rs 17.
- Banks will be able to raise ATM transaction charges from August 1, 2021.
- Customers are still eligible for five free transactions — inclusive of financial and non-financial transactions — every month from their own bank ATMs and three transactions from other bank ATM.
Q9. According to a release by commerce ministry the Exports of India’s organic farm products surged by what percent in 2020-21?
Correct Answer is 61 percent.
- Outbound shipments of organic products hit 1,040 million dollars last fiscal compare with 689 million dollars a year before.
- Farm exports rose over 17 percent last fiscal to 41.25 billion dollars.
- Even in volume term, exports of organic products grew at 39 per cent to 8 lakh 88 thousand 179 tonnes last fiscal.
Q10. Which bank has partnered wealth-tech company Fisdom to offer a comprehensive suite of wealth management products and services to the bank’s 10 crore customers?
Correct Answer is Indian Bank.
- The partnership will focus on enabling large-scale facilitation and distribution of wealth products and services through Indian Bank’s network.
- In phase one of the partnership, Indian Bank's customers can access and invest in any mutual fund of choice and the National Pension System through the lender's IndOASIS mobile banking application and its internet banking portal.
- Indian Bank is the seventh largest public sector bank in India.
Q11. Which bank has been named by Forbes in their list of World's Best Banks 2021 in India?
Correct Answer is DBS Bank.
- DBS was ranked #1 out of 30 domestic and international banks in India for the second consecutive year.
- This is the third edition of the 'World's Best Banks' list by Forbes, conducted in partnership with market research firm Statista.
- Recently, DBS Bank India was recognised as 'India's Best International Bank 2021' by Asiamoney.
Q12. Which bank has introduced a collateral-free offering scheme called ‘Kavach Personal Loan’ to provide financial assistance to its customers to manage the COVID-19 treatment-related expenses?
Correct Answer is State Bank of India.
- Loan Amount: Rs 5 lakh loan at an interest rate of 8.5% per annum
- Tenure: 5 years
- It is a collateral-free offering that will also provide reimbursement of expenses, which has already been incurred for Covid medical expenses
- It will be under Covid loan book that has been launched by RBI
Q13. What is India’s position as Foreign Exchange Reserve holder?
Correct Answer is 4th.
- As on June 4, 2021 the foreign exchange reserves stood at $605 billion, almost tying with Russia as the fourth largest reserve holder in the world.
- While India’s forex reserve was $605.008 billion, Russia’s was $605.2 billion.
- It took just about a year for the reserves to rise by $100 billion.
Q14. Which e-commerce company has partnered with the Telangana govt to lead the “Medicines from the Sky” project which is meant to deliver medical supplies to remote areas?
Correct Answer is Flipkart.
- Walmart-owned Flipkart will deploy drones and enable deliveries of vaccines and medical supplies.
- These efforts will be complemented with technologies such as geo mapping, routing of shipments.
- A combination of these technologies will then be used to conduct ‘Beyond Visual Line of Sight’ (BVLOS) deliveries in remote areas of the state where the road infrastructure is not conducive for fast delivery of vaccines.
Q15. Which bank has launched ‘Ghar Ghar Ration’ Program, an employee-funded program for its low-income customers whose livelihoods are affected by COVID-19?
Correct Answer is IDFC FIRST Bank.
- The bank has also announced a comprehensive program for the families of employees who unfortunately lost their lives due to COVID-19, and a number of other social responsibility initiatives.
- “Ghar Ghar Ration” is a unique program where employees have contributed from their personal income to set up a Customer COVID Care Fund to provide relief to 50,000 COVID affected low-income IDFC FIRST Bank customers.
- Employees of the Bank contributed one day to one month’s salary for the purpose.
Q1. Padma Shri Dr Lakshmi Nandan Bora passed away recently, he was a veteran?
Correct Answer is Litterateur.
- Dr Lakshmi Nandan Bora was the first person to receive a doctoral degree in meteorology from Andhra University.
- He has served as the Chairman of the Assam Pollution Control Board from 1997 to 2003.
Q2. Renowned personality Buddhadeb Dasgupta passes away recently he was a veteran?
Correct Answer is Filmmaker.
- He was also a celebrated poet, had won several National Awards for his contribution to Bengali cinema.
- Buddhadeb Dasgupta was known for directing critically-acclaimed films like Uttara, Bagh Bahadur, Tahader Katha and Charachar. Of all the films he wrote and directed, five movies - Bagh Bahadur, Charachar, Lal Darja, Mondo Meyer Upakhyan and Kaalpurush.
Q3. Asian Games gold medalist Dingko Singh passed away recently, he was associated with which sports?
Correct Answer is Boxing.
- The Manipur-based former boxer endured a long battle with cancer and even fought COVID-19 last year.
- Dingko won the Asian Games gold in 1998 and was bestowed the Arjuna award the same year. In 2013, he was honoured with the Padma Shri for his contribution to the sport.
- Dingko, who was employed with Navy, had taken to coaching after hanging up his gloves.
Q4. Renowned sportsperson Nirmal Kaur passed away recently she was associated with which sports?
Correct Answer is Volleyball.
- She was wife of legendary Olympian Milkha Singh
- Milkha Singh himself is being treated for Covid-related complications at the PGI Chandigarh.
- Milkha Singh has been under the observation of a medical team comprising senior doctors of the institute.
Q5. Renowned personality Ashok Panagariya passed away due to COVID-19 complications, he was a veteran?
Correct Answer is neurologist.
- He was known for his research on nerve cells and neuromyotonia.
- He was Vice Chancellor of Rajasthan University of Health Sciences, Jaipur and a member of Planning Board of the Government of Rajasthan.
- Awards: Dr. B. C. Roy Award, the highest Indian award in the medical category and Padma Shri in 2014.
Q6. Renowned personality Prof. Radhamohan passed away recently, he was a veteran?
Correct Answer is environmentalist.
- Padma Shir Radhamohan was one of the great proponents of organic farming.
- He was the first Information Commissioner of odisha
- He was a professor of Economics, later, he practised sustainable agriculture.
Q1. What is the theme of the World Ocean Day 2021?
Correct Answer is ‘The Ocean: Life and Livelihoods’.
- World Ocean Day is observed globally on 8th June every year.
- This day is observed to raise global awareness about the importance of the ocean in our lives and the ways through which we can protect it.
- The World Oceans Day has been celebrated by many countries since 1992.
Q2. The United Nations has launched 2021-30 as the decades for?
Correct Answer is United Nations Decade on Ecosystem Restoration.
- The UN Decade aims to inspire and support governments, UN agencies, civil society, private sector companies, youth, women’s groups, indigenous peoples, farmers, local communities and individuals globally, to collaborate, develop and catalyse restoration initiatives across the world.
- The Decade aims to mobilize hundreds of millions of people to restore nature and foster a global restoration culture in which restoration initiatives are scaled up across the planet.
Q3. World Brain Tumour Day is celebrated every year on which date?
Correct Answer is 8th June.
- The day aims to raise awareness and educate people about the brain tumour.
- Brian Tumour Day is observed to pay tribute to brain tumour patients and their families, caregivers, scientists and health professionals.
- A brain tumour occurs when cells grow at an abnormal rate to form a mass of abnormal cells within the brain.
- There are two main types of tumours: cancerous (malignant) tumours and benign (non-cancerous) tumours.
Q4. The World Accreditation Day (WAD) is celebrated every year on?
Correct Answer is 9th June.
- The theme for WAD 2021 is “Accreditation: Supporting the Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)”.
- It provides the opportunity for ILAC and IAF members to share examples with stakeholders, regulators and consumers of how accreditation may be applied to meet objectives such as increasing trade, addressing environment and health and safety concerns, and improving the general overall quality of output in an economy.
Q5. World Day Against Child Labour is celebrated every year on which date?
Correct Answer is 12th June.
- It was officially recognized by ILO in 2002.
- This is a day to call all the governments to come together in order to get rid of this menace.
- This year, the theme is 'Act Now: End Child Labour.'
Q6. The International Albinism Awareness Day (IAAD) is celebrated annually on?
Correct Answer is June 13.
- Each year events are held to educate people and celebrate people with albinism who continue to suffer all types of human rights violations.
- “Strength Beyond All Odds” is the theme for this year’s International Albinism Awareness Day.
Q7. What is the theme of the World Blood Doner Day 2021?
Correct Answer is 'Give blood and keep the world beating'.
- Every year, the World Blood Donor is celebrated on June 14, all around the world.
- This day was first observed in 2005 and serves to elevate the recognition of the need for safe blood and blood products.
- World Blood Donor Day is also celebrated to appreciate the blood donors for their voluntary, life-saving gifts of blood.
Q1. Abdulla Shahid was elected as the new President of the UN General Assembly (UNGA), he is the Foreign Minister of which country?
Correct Answer is Maldives.
- Shahid garnered 143 votes while Rassoul received 48 votes out of the 191 votes polled.
- The election to the UNGA presidential post is held on an annual basis, rotated amongst various regional groupings. The 76th UNGA session (2021-22) was the turn of the Asia-Pacific group.
- This is the first time the Maldives will be occupying the office of the President of the UNGA.
Q2. Vishwavir Ahuja has been reappointed as the MD and CEO of which bank for further period of one year?
Correct Answer is RBL Bank.
- The Reserve Bank of India has approved the appointment of Vishwavir Ahuja as the Managing Director and CEO of RBL Bank for a one-year period with effect from June 30, 2021.
- He has been the Managing Director & CEO of RBL Bank since June 30, 2010.
- Before RBL Bank, Ahuja was the Managing Director & CEO of Bank of America, India.
Q3. Who has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of HSBC India?
Correct Answer is Hitendra Dave.
- The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Ltd. (HSBC) announced the appointment of Hitendra Dave as Chief Executive Officer of HSBC India subject to receipt of regulatory approval.
- He has been appointed as interim Chief Executive Officer effective June 7, 2021.
- Dave succeeds Surendra Rosha who will be moving to Hong Kong as the co-chief executive of HSBC Asia-Pacific.
Q4. Who has been appointed as the Chairman of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board (PNGRB)?
Correct Answer is Sanjeev Nandan Sahai.
- A search committee headed by V K Saraswat, Member (S&T), NITI Aayog, cleared the name of Sahai. Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board is a statutory body in India.
- Sanjiv Nandan Sahai is a 1986 batch IAS officer of the Arunachal Pradesh-Goa- Mizoram and Union Territory (AGMUT) cadre.
- He took over as Secretary in the Ministry of Power in 2019.
- He has also held several positions in the bureaucracy throughout his career, including five years as the Prime Minister.
Q5. Husain Al-Musallam held from which country, who has been elected as the President of the International Swimming Federation (FINA)?
Correct Answer is Kuwait.
- Kuwait’s Husain Al-Musallam has been elected as the President of the International Swimming Federation (FINA) at the FINA General Congress held in Doha,Qatar.
- He was previously serving as the first Vice President(VP) of FINA.(FINA has 2 VPs namely First VP and Second VP).
Q6. Who has been appointed as the Election Commissioner?
Correct Answer is Anup Chandra Pandey.
- He is a retired IAS officer of the 1984 batch, Uttar Pradesh cadre.
- Pandey has been appointed to the position left vacant by former Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora’s retirement on April 12.
- This restores the three-member commission to its full strength, which will now oversee the next set of crucial assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Goa, Manipur and Uttarakhand next year.
Q7. Who has been appointed as the MD & CEO of Bandhan Bank?
Correct Answer is Chandra Shekhar Ghosh.
- His term will be of 3 years, with effect from 10 July 2021.
- His re-appointment is subject to the approval of shareholders at the ensuing annual general meeting of the bank.
- Bandhan Bank operates as a commercial bank since 2001.
Q8. Whose tenure has been extended by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) as the Chairman of the of Life Insurance Corporation (LIC)?
Correct Answer is MR Kumar.
- His currently notified term was to end on June 30 this year.
- Kumar was appointed as LIC Chairman on March 13, 2019. Kumar had joined LIC in 1983 as a direct recruit officer.
- Recently, in the disinvestment plan the Centre which owns 100% of LIC, is looking for dismantle for up to 10% stake via IPO.
Q9. Who has been reappointed as the Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for a period of two years with effect from 22.06.2021?
Correct Answer is MK Jain.
- Jain was appointed as deputy governor for three years in June 2018.
- Before joining the Reserve Bank of India, he was managing director of IDBI Bank.
- The other three serving deputy governors are Michael Patra, M Rajeshwar Rao and T Rabi Sankar.
Q10. Who has been appointed as the chairman of the Grievance Redressal Board of the recently formed Digital Publisher Content Grievances Council (DPCGC)?
Correct Answer is Justice Arjan Kumar Sikri.
- The Grievance Redressal Board (GRB) will address content grievances pertaining to the Council members' video online streaming services.
- It will function as an independent body and act as the second-tier within the three-tier grievance redressal mechanism.
- The DPCGC currently has 14 publishers of online curated content as members.
Q11. Name the Indian personality who has been appointed as Chef de Cabinet of President-elect of the 76th session of the UN General Assembly, Abdulla Shahid?
Correct Answer is K Nagaraj Naidu.
- Naidu is India's Deputy Permanent Representative to the UN Ambassador.
- Comprising 193 member the General Assembly is the main deliberative, policymaking and representative organ of the United Nations.
- Shahid was overwhelmingly elected as president of the next session of the UN General Assembly.
Q12. Ukhnaa Khurelsukh has been elected as the president of which country?
Correct Answer is Mongolia.
- Khurelsukh defeated Sodnomzundui Erdene of the opposition Democratic Party and Dangaasuren Enkhbat of the Right Person Electorate Coalition in a national vote.
- With 99.7% of votes counted overnight, Khurelsukh's tally had reached 821,136, or 68% of the total, the largest share of the vote since the democratic era began in 1990.
Q13. Who has been sworn in as the new Prime Minister of Israel?
Correct Answer is Naftali Bennett.
- Netanyahu is the Israel’s longest-serving leader.
- Bennett is former defence minister and associated with right-wing Yamina party.
- Mr Bennett will be prime minister until September 2023 as part of a power-sharing deal.
- He will then hand power over to Yair Lapid for a further two years.
Q14. Who has been appointed as the Chief Justice of Allahabad High Court?
Correct Answer is Sanjay Yadav.
- His oath was administered by Uttar Pradesh Governor Anandiben Patel.
- He was serving as the acting Chief Justice of the Allahabad High Court.
- He has also served as the acting Chief Justice and Judge of Madhya Pradesh High Court.
- Allahabad High Court was established in 1866 and is one of the oldest high courts with 160 serving judges.
Q15. Who has been appointed as first women secretory general of UNCTAD?
Correct Answer is Rebecca Grynspan.
- She is the first woman and central American to head the global body that deals with trade, investment and development issues.
- Since 2014, Ms. Grynspan has been secretary-general of the Ibero-American General Secretariat.
- From 2010 to 2014, she was the deputy administrator of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP).