1. To support women entrepreneurs, which bank has announced the launch of mentoring programme 'SmartUp Unnati' ______ HDFC Bank.
➢ Under this, senior women leaders from HDFC Bank with expertise spanning domains will mentor women entrepreneurs in helping them achieve their goals over the next one year.
➢ This programme is available only to exist customers. 'SmartUp Unnati' will initially target more than 3,000 women entrepreneurs associated with the bank's SmartUp programme.
2. What is India’s rank Globally in the latest Economic Freedom Index 2021 published by US conservative think-tank, The Heritage Foundation ______ 121st.
➢ Globally, the Foundation rates India's economy as the 121st freest.
➢ Although its overall score is unchanged, improvements were made in business freedom.
➢ This was offset by declines in judicial effectiveness and other scores.
3. Which technology company has launched a new web platform ‘Women Will’ that will support one million rural women entrepreneurs in India to help them pursue their ambitions and improve their livelihoods ______ Google.
➢ Google will implement this through the ‘Women Will’ web platform launched at the virtual Google for India event on 8 March, International Women’s Day.
➢ Available in English and Hindi, the Women Will platform is designed for women aspiring to explore entrepreneurship.
4. The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) has collaborated with which entity to promote nanoentrepreneurship amongst youth in the financial services sector ______ SahiPay.
➢ As a part of collaboration, candidates will be provided access to free digital skilling on ‘Online Entrepreneurship Program’ through NSDC’s eSkill India portal.
➢ It will provide youth an opportunity to explore self-employment for sustainable livelihood.
5. Which oil company has signed an MoU with Odisha Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (IDCO) to develop Paradip Plastic Park ______ Indian Oil Corporation.
➢ Keeping the enterprise and employment generation potential of the plastic sector in mind, Government of India has initiated the cluster development of the Industry through its Plastic Park scheme.
➢ Currently, six such parks have been approved by the Government of India, with Paradip Plastic Park being one of them.
6. Which entity has organized a national-level virtual workshop on asset monetization along with the Department of Economic Affairs (DEA) ______ NITI Aayog.
➢ The workshop elaborated on the strategic context of core and non-core asset monetization, along with detailed discussions on the need for and modality of such monetization by public sector entities, and the experiences of public and private sector entities in the space.
➢ The workshop discussed the various benefits and pre-requisites of leveraging private sector participation for monetization.
7. Which small finance bank has launched “Garima Saving Accounts”, a women Saving Account to provide the financial needs of women ______ Ujjivan Small Finance Bank.
➢ The account offers various customised benefits for women which includes a maximum of 7% rate of interest on savings account.
➢ Free Cash Deposit of up to Rs.5 lakhs per month or 8 transactions, whichever is earlier at any Ujjivan SFB branch.
8. Which bank has launched the ‘Vikas Asha’ Loan Scheme, under which the bank will distribute loans of up to INR 10 Lakhs to Women Entrepreneurs ______ Karnataka Vikas Grameen Bank (KVGB).
➢ The scheme is exclusively for women to meet their business-related needs, for purchasing machinery/equipment/vehicle.
➢ It shall also be utilized for meeting the working capital requirements under Micro and Small Enterprises including retail trade.
9. AckoDrive, an online car sales platform, a product of ACKO Technologies and Services Private Limited partnered with which bank to issue free FASTags ______ IDFC FIRST Bank.
➢ The AckoDrive issues FASTags over the digital platform without issuance fee, paperwork or security deposit.
➢ The AckoDrive FASTags can be purchased by any private car owner by providing the personal information and vehicle details and initial wallet money of Rs.100 to recharge the FASTag.
10. As per the interim Economic Outlook published by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) the Indian economy will grow at what percent in Financial Year 2022 ______ 12.6%.
➢ That would enable India to retain its earlier tag of the fastest growing large economy in the world.
➢ It, however, pegged economic growth rate to come down to 5.4 per cent in 2022-23, which would be higher by 0.6 percentage points than its earlier estimates.
➢ That year, India would share its fastest-growing large economy tag with Indonesia, according to the OECD.
11. Which bank has been removed from the Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) framework, by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), after almost four years ______ IDBI Bank.
➢ The RBI had placed IDBI Bank under the framework in May 2017, after it had breached the thresholds for capital adequacy, asset quality (net NPAs were over 13% in March 2017), return on assets and leverage ratio.
➢ It was noted as per published results for the quarter ended December 31, the bank was not in breach of the PCA parameters on regulatory capital, net NPA and leverage ratio
➢ The LIC-owned IDBI Bank had reported a standalone net profit of ₹378 crore for the December quarter.
12. Magicbricks Realty Services limited has partnered with Razorpay and which bank to create a secure online solution “Pay Rent” feature for rent payments through credit cards ______ HDFC Bank.
➢ The online solution is created with a focus on the 10 million rental residential household market.
➢ The estimated market size of the payment of rent through credit card is around Rs.3000 crore.
13. Which bank has partnered with TRRAIN to support the youth from low income households, pandemic affected, and persons with disabilities through skill training and employment opportunities ______ DBS Bank.
➢ It is a part of the initiative ‘DBS Stronger Together Fund’
➢ The partnership will lead to one-year-long, Pan-India program which is a combination of classroom and online training sessions.
14. Aquaconnect partnered with which bank to provide credit access to 1.6 million aquaculture farmers under the Kisan Credit Card (KCC) scheme ______ Bank of Baroda.
➢ In this regard, M V Murali Krishna, General Manager and Head of Rural and Agri Banking Department of Bank of Baroda signed the MoU along with Arpan Bhalerao, Chief Growth Officer, Aquaconnect.
➢ Kisan Credit Card was introduced in August 1998 and created by NABARD (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development)
15. Government has mandated Electronic-invoicing (e-invoicing) under the Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime for business entities with a turnover of ______ INR 50 Crore & more.
➢ It is the 3rd Phase of mandatory e-invoicing under the GST regime. The 1st phase of e-invoicing covered business entities with INR 500 Crore turnover & the 2nd phase covered entities with INR 100 Crore.
➢ E-invoicing is mandatory under Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) Rules, 2017.
16. Name the e-Commerce & financial Service provider that has launched “Smart PoS”a new application for accepting contactless payments through smartphones and also launched the second version of its Internet of Things (IoT) based instant voice confirmation device, “Soundbox 2.0” ______ Paytm.
➢ Paytm also launched the second version of its Internet of Things (IoT) based instant voice confirmation device, “Soundbox 2.0”.
➢ The Smart PoS app is supported by “Paytm for Business” (P4B) app for managing seamless transactions.
17. Which bank has entered into a co-lending business partnership with Cholamandalam Investment and Finance Company Limited to make new customers all over India with technology from Nucleus Software ______ Karur Vysya Bank.
➢ The aim of the co-lending is lower the cost of capital and open new markets by enabling new loans at finer rates using technology to enable seamless integration with multiple partner banks.
➢ The Reserve Bank of India (RBI)announced this scheme, under which banks will be permitted to co-lend with all registered NBFCs (including HFCs) based on a prior agreement.
18. Which became India’s first bank to launch its own wearable payment device named ‘Wear ‘N’ Pay’, to make contactless transactions ______ Axis Bank.
➢ Axis Bank partnered with Thales and Tappy Technologies to design and create these products and they are available on the Mastercard platform.
➢ The wearables are embedded with a Flexi-chip which is directly linked with the customer’s bank account and can be used like a regular debit card.
19. Which bank topped the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology(MeitY) Digital Payment Scorecard for 3 consecutive months ______ State Bank of India.
➢ The scorecard tracks the performance of the commercial banks on various digital parameters.
➢ SBI topped the list by recording the highest UPI transaction volume of around 64crore with a user base of 13.5 crores.
20. As the new guidelines of the Securities and Exchange Board of India what is the investment limit for Mutual Funds in debt instruments with special features such as additional tier-I ______ 10%.
➢ Mutual fund will not invest over 10 per cent of its NAV of the debt portfolio of the scheme in instruments with special features and not more than 5 per cent of its NAV of the debt portfolio in instruments issued by a single issuer.
➢ Banning close-ended schemes from investing in perpetual bonds, SEBI said the maturity of all perpetual bonds will be treated as 100 years from the date of issuance for the purpose of valuation.
21. Which automobile company has launched a holistic programme that supports new parents in their exciting journey both as a parent and also as a valued employee, titled as ‘Wheels of Love’ ______ TATA Motors.
➢ It will promote a progressive culture of care, inclusion and sensitization within the organization across levels.
➢ It is also presented in the form of a specially curated book with focus on growing family and career goals of employee.
➢ Other aspects: Announcing pregnancy, Dedicated Counselling Sessions
22. Cabinet has approved amendment to Insurance Act, 1938 to increase the permissible foreign direct investment (FDI) limit in insurance sector to ______ 74%.
➢ Currently, FDI limit in the life and general insurance is 49% with ownership and management control with Indian
➢ It will allow foreign ownership and control with safeguards, and also provide insurance companies with committed funds to improve the penetration of insurance.
➢ Govt hiked FDI cap from 26% to 49% in 2015.
1. Renowned personality billionaire Olivier Dassault passed away recently, he belongs to which country ______ France.
➢ The Dassault Aviation group has been a leading French plane manufacturer for the last 70 years and is behind the Falcon private jet, the Mirage warplane, and most recently the state-of-the art Rafale fighter.
➢ Forbes magazine estimated that Olivier Dassault was the 361st most wealthy person on the planet in 2020, with a fortune estimated at around five billion euros ($6 billion) -- around the same as his three siblings.
2. Renowned personality Anshuman Singh passed away recently, he was former governor of which state ______ Rajasthan.
➢ He passed away due to COVID-19 related pneumonia. He was born in 1935 in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
➢ Anshuman Singh served as the Governor of Rajasthan from 16th January 1999 to May 2003.
3. Renowned personality Marvelous Marvin Hagler passed away recently, he was a veteran ______ middleweight champion.
➢ He is an American dominated middleweight champion from 1979 until his controversial defeat by Sugar Ray Leonard in April 1987
➢ He fought 67 times during his 14-year professional career and won 62 out of them.
4. Renowned personality M.G. George passed away recently he was chairman of which finance company ______ Muthoot Group.
➢ He was the third generation from his family to become the chairman of the Muthoot Group.He was also the Chairman of the FICCI Kerala State Council.
➢ He was the trustee of the Indian Orthodox Church and was also a member of the National Executive Committee of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
1. What is the theme of the International Women’s Day 2021 which is observed every year on 8th March ______ #ChooseToChallenge.
➢ Every year, Women’s Day is observed to celebrate the spirit of women every year on 8th March.
➢ The first-ever Women’s Day was organised in 1911 by the early 20th century Marxist from Germany Clara Zetkin, who was born in Germany’s Wiederau.
➢ Two years later, in 1913, the date was changed to March 8, and it continues to be celebrated as such every year.
2. Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) celebrated its 52nd Raising Day on ______ March 10.
➢ CISF or Central Industrial Security Forces was instituted in the year 1969 with a motto to provide integrated protection to the Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs).
➢ Keeping into consideration the evolving demands of the dynamic nature of security, the force has been re-oriented and updated.
3. National Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM) Day is observed every year on which date ______ March 10.
➢ The aim of the day is to raise awareness about the link between maternal health and diabetes nationwide, and inviting pregnant women to hospitals and clinics for free screening.
4. World Kidney Day (WKD) is celebrated every year on ______ second Thursday of March (11th March 2021).
➢ It is the global awareness campaign to raise awareness of the importance of kidneys to our health and to reduce the impact of kidney disease and its associated health problems worldwide.
➢ This year theme is ‘Living Well with Kidney Disease’.
➢ This year’s theme aims to focus on the measures that can be taken to live a fulfilling life with kidney disease.
5. International Day of Mathematics (IDM) is observed every year on ______ March 14.
➢ Theme for 2021 IDM: ‘Mathematics for a Better World’
➢ The day was initiated by International Mathematical Union (IMU) to celebrate the importance of mathematics and its essential role in everyone’s life.
1. Who has been appointed as the Brand Ambassador of Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Limited ______ Rohit Sharma.
➢ Sharma will be the official face of the brand as part of its 360 degree communication.
➢ Glenmark said Candid Powder brand is a market leader in its category, with a market share of 64 per cent in the medicated powder category.
2. Who has been appointed as first Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of the Federal Reserve Bank ______ Naureen Hassan.
➢ The Indian-origin veteran of the financial services industry has been appointed by the board of directors of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York as the first vice president and chief operating officer, effective from 15 March.
➢ The appointment was approved by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
3. Who has been appointed as Chairman of Asia Pacific Rural and Agricultural Credit Association (APRACA) ______ G R Chintala.
➢ Chintala is succeeding Bank of Ceylon CEO DPK Gunasekera in office.
➢ It is an international organisation, which does a lot of information exchange, takes capacity building initiatives, and creates new institutions.
4. Who has been appointed as the chief of Asset Reconstruction Co India Ltd (ARCIL) ______ Pallav Mohapatra.
➢ Mohapatra, a former State Bank of India (SBI) executive retired as Central Bank CEO at the end of February. The government has waived his mandatory one year cooling off period.
➢ Founded in 2002, Arcil is India's oldest assrt reconstruction company. It currently manages assets of Rs. 12,000 crore. Its total employees are 230.
5. Who has been appointed as the Chairman of the Panel of External Auditors of the United Nations ______ Girish Chandra Murmu.
➢ Currently, the panel consists of countries including India, Germany, Chile, China, the United Kingdom, France, Philippines, Switzerland, Italy, Ghana, Indonesia, Canada and Russia.
➢ As the chairman, India’s CAG plays a key role in achieving the panel’s objective of greater degree of collaboration and coordination among members and exchange of information on audit methods and findings.
6. Who was sworn-in as the chief minister of Uttarakhand ______ Tirath Singh Rawat.
➢ Tirath Singh Rawat, Lok Sabha MP from Garhwal and a former state BJP chief, was administered oath of office by Governor Baby Rani Maurya at the Raj Bhavan.
➢ Rawat was ‘unanimously’ chosen as the CM of Uttarakhand following a BJP legislature party meet.
7. Who has been appointed as the new Chief Statistician of India for a period of two years ______ G P Samanta.
➢ Samanta was till now an adviser in the RBI's Department Of Statistics and Information Management.
➢ Samanta is India’s fourth CSI.
8. Who has been appointed as the President of International Olympic Committee (IOC) until 2025 ______ Thomas Bach.
➢ His current term as the President of IOC will finish on the closing day of the Tokyo Olympic Games on 8th August 2021 and his second term as the President will start on 9th August 2021 and will conclude in 2025.
➢ He was the only candidate of the IOC presidential election which was held during the 137th IOC session held in Athens.
9. Who has been appointed as the next director and chief executive of the Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER ______ Deepak Mishra.
➢ He will take over from Rajat Kathuria who has been the director & chief executive of ICRIER since September 1, 2012,
➢ Mishra has held various positions at the World Bank, including co-director of the World Development Report 2016 (Digital Dividends), Country Economist for Ethiopia, Pakistan, Sudan and Vietnam.