1. Which ministry has issued a notification mandating all State/UT Governments to issue a certificate of disability through online mode only using Unique Disability ID Portal _______ Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment.
➢ The requirement of a Certificate of disability is mandated under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPwD Act, 2016).
➢ Using the certificate, people with disabilities can avail benefits of different government schemes.
➢ The sector has been demanding online issuance of certificates, as people with disabilities were unable to get certificates due to prevalent restrictions in Pandemic times.
2. Which education body has launched ‘Dost for Life’, an exclusive psychological counselling app for students and parents ___________ CBSE.
➢ The new App will simultaneously cater to students and parents from CBSE-affiliated schools in different geographies across the world.
➢ The app will also provide students with other resource material such as suggestive course guides for after senior secondary education, tips on mental health and well being, and a ‘corona guide’ with information on daily safety protocol, learning from home and self-care.
3. According to Knight Frank’s 'Prime Global Cities Index Q1 2021' report New Delhi ranked at what position ________32nd.
➢ While Bengaluru moved down by four places in Q1 2021 and is ranked 40; Delhi and Mumbai dipped one place each in the same period.
➢ Three Chinese cities – Shenzhen, Shanghai and Guangzhou lead the index this quarter. Shenzhen recorded the strongest performing world region with a growth of 18.9%, while New York was the weakest performing market with negative 5.8% growth.
4. According to the new report ‘Renewable Energy Market Update – Outlook for 2021 and 2022’ released by International Energy Agency (IEA), India’s Renewable Energy capacity addition declined by almost _______ 50%.
➢ The decline in capacity addition in India has been attributed to the COVID-19 pandemic.
➢ At the Global level, the annual renewable capacity additions increased 45% to almost 280 GW (up from 190 GW in 2019), which is the highest year-on year increase since 1999.
➢ China alone accounted for more than 50% of the green energy projects built in 2020.
5. Around which sanctuary the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) announced 48.32 square km are as an Eco-Sensitive Zone _______ Thane Creek Flamingo Sanctuary.
➢ The Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) has notified 48.32 sq km around the Thane Creek Flamingo Sanctuary (TCFS) in Maharashtra as an eco-sensitive zone (ESZ).
➢ Eco-Sensitive Zones are geographical areas within a radius of 10 kms around a protected area, a national park or a wildlife sanctuary, and are declared by the ministry under the provisions of Environment Protection Act 1986.
6. According to Union minister Nitin Gadkari how many Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) medical oxygen plants will be installed in various states _______ 581.
➢ NHAI will be the nodal agency for executing civil and electrical work for these facilities.
➢ The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI), under the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, will be the nodal agency for executing civil and electrical work for these plants and will complete them on war footing.
7. Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan remotely flagged off the first supply of UCO. What does UCO stands for _________ Used Cooking Oil.
➢ Centre had initiated Expressions of Interest for “Procurement of Bio-diesel produced from Used Cooking Oil” on the occasion of World Biofuel Day on 10th August 2019.Such “Expressions of Interest” are being periodically released by Oil Marketing Companies.
➢ This initiative will garner substantial economic benefits for the nation by shoring up indigenous Biodiesel supply, reducing import dependence, and generating rural employment.
8. The foreign ministers of India, Australia and which country are set to hold a first trilateral meet in New Delhi to discuss steps to strengthen maritime security and other Indo-pacific issues ________France.
➢ The trilateral meet was attended by heads of state of Rwanda and Denmark and other 10 foreign ministers while PM Modi was attended the opening and closing sessions of the event.
➢ The three foreign ministers will also be discussing the global security environment and the Chinese posture in the Indo-Pacific.
9. Which regulatory authority has issued guidelines on Bharat Yatra Suraksha, the standard domestic travel insurance product __________ IRDAI.
➢ It will provide coverage for hospitalization expenses, death, permanent complete or partial disablement due to an accident, for travel through taxi, bus, train, ship, and airplane in the country.
➢ The base cover will provide coverage for hospitalization expenses ranging from Rs1 lakh to Rs10 lakh and an accidental death benefit ranging from Rs1 lakh to Rs1 crore.
10. Telecom Equipment Manufacturers Association of India (TEMA) has signed a pact with business organization of which country to jointly promote ‘AtmaNirbhar Bharat’, and facilitate investment and manufacturing in areas such as telecom and ICT __________ Canada.
➢ TEMA has signed a pact with Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce (ICCC).
➢ TEMA will come on board as a partner organisation for CONNEXT 2021 – ICCC’s 10 days-10 states virtual trade mission to India from June 11-25, 2021.
11. Central Institute of Brackishwater Aquaculture (CIBA) located in which city of India that has developed the country’s first vaccine for deadly viral nervous necrosis (VNN) disease __________Chennai.
➢ Scientists say the VNN disease is a serious threat affecting many marine, brackishwater and freshwater fish causing up to 100% mortality in larval and early juvenile stages.
➢ The disease is caused by nervous necrosis virus (NNV). Red-spotted grouper nervous necrosis virus (RGNNV) is the only genotype prevalent in India and most other tropical countries.
➢ The vaccine can be used in all species susceptible to VNN such as Asian seabass, milkfish, grey mullet, mangrove red snapper etc.”
12. Which entity has set up a Covid Management Cell to bring in greater efficiency in coordinating real-time responses to address the exponential rise in Covid cases across the country ________Indian Army.
➢ In order to coordinate multiple facets of staffing and logistics support, an exclusive Covid Management Cell under a Director General rank officer has been established which reports directly to the Vice Chief of Army Staff
➢ The force said that it help in assistance to civil administration in the form of testing, admissions in military hospitals, and transportation of critical medical equipment.
1. With which organization the Assam State Disaster Management Agency has jointly developed an Online Flood Reporting System, thus Assam becomes the first state to adopt digital reporting system to find out impact indicators during floods ________ UNICEF.
➢ The FRIMS jointly developed by ASDMA & UNICEF will replace the present manual system with the web cum mobile application-based technology driven system.
➢ It will help in efficient delivery of relief, ex-gratia, rehabilitation grants to the flood affected people besides trackingof damages toagricultural crops, loss of livestock, infrastructure damages etc.
2. Under whose chairmanship the Maharashtra government has constituted an eight-member committee to study the Supreme Court's order striking down quota for the Maratha community _______ Dilip Bhosale.
➢ The Committee will be headed by former Chief Justice of the Allahabad High Court Dilip Bhosale.
➢ Other members of the panel include former state advocate general Darius Khambata, senior advocate Rafique Dada and a few serving and former government officials.
3. Which state police has come up with “COVID-19 Hospital Transport Service” for free transportation of needy infected patients from their homes to hospitals or nursing homes and back ________Haryana.
➢ A total of 440 vehicles are being provided for this service and every police district would get 20 SUVs for this purpose.
➢ These vehicles are being provided after the instances of either shortage of ambulances or overcharging by private ambulance service providers came to the notice of the police.
4. Rupsi airport has started its Commercial operations recently, the Airport is located in which state _________Assam.
➢ A trial flight was conducted on the Guwahati-Rupsi-Guwahati route by private Flybig airlines.
➢ The airport in Assam’s Kokrajhar district has been developed at a cost of Rs 69 crore under the Regional Connectivity Scheme-Ude Desh ka Aam Naagrik (RCS-UDAN) scheme.
➢ It is northeast India’s 15th and Assam’s 7th airport.
5. Which state government has launched the ‘Mukhyamantri COVID Upchar Yojana’ amid a rise in cases in the state ________ Madhya Pradesh.
➢ The scheme has been divided into three sections. ‘Under the first section, hospitals run by state medical colleges, district and civil hospitals and community health centres will give free treatment to COVID-19 patients.
➢ In the second section, 20 per cent ICU/HDU and isolation beds will be reserved in hospitals run by private medical colleges to give free treatment,’.
6. Which becomes the fourth state/UTs to implement the ‘Har Ghar Jal’ Yojna _________ Puducherry.
➢ Puducherry has become the ‘Har Ghar Jal’ Union Territory by ensuring that every rural home gets a household tap connection.
➢ Puducherry has now become the fourth state or UT after Goa, Telangana and Andaman and Nicobar Islands to provide assured tap water supply to every rural home under Central Government’s flagship programme, Jal Jeevan Mission, JJM.
7. Which state government has announced ‘Manoj Das International Literary Award’ in memory of eminent litterateur Manoj Das ________ Odisha.
➢ The award will be conferred on litterateurs from Odisha for their creative contribution to English literature every year. It will carry a cash reward of Rs 10 lakh.
8. Which government has developed a web portal ‘CGTeeka’ for systematic vaccination of people in the age group 18-44 years __________Chhattisgarh.
➢ This web portal, developed by CHiPS, was launched by Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel.
➢ CGTeeka web portal has been developed on the basis of social and geographical conditions in the state. This initiative of the government would save the people from waiting in long queues.
1. Which European country hosted the India-European Union Leaders’ Meeting that was attended by PM Narendra Modi, held in a hybrid format __________ Portugal.
➢ PM Modi attended the event at the invitation of the President of the European Council Mr Charles Michel.
➢ The leaders of all the 27 EU Member States, as well as the President of the European Council and the European Commission, participated in the meeting.
➢ This is the first time that the EU hosted a meeting with India in the EU+27 format.
2. Who won the won the 2021 Spanish Grand Prix _________ Lewis Hamilton.
➢ This win is the fifth successive Spanish Grand Prix title of Lewis Hamilton and the third win of this season.
➢ Max Verstappen (Red Bull Racing-Netherlands) came second followed by Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes-Finland) at third position.
3. Name the Nepali climber who has scaled Mount Everest for the record 25th time ________ Kami Rita
➢ Rita, 51, first scaled Everest in 1994 and has been making the trip nearly every year since then.
➢ He is one of many Sherpa guides whose expertise and skills are vital to the safety and success of the hundreds of climbers.
4. 3rd Arctic Science Ministerial (ASM3) Meeting 2021 was held in which city _______ Tokyo.
➢ The ASM3 2021 is the 1st meeting to be held in Asia.
➢ The theme for 2021 is ‘Knowledge for a Sustainable Arctic’.
➢ ASM is a global platform for discussing research and cooperation in the Arctic region, it is an event initiated by the Arctic Council, a high-level intergovernmental forum.
➢ Union Minister for Earth Science Dr Harsh Vardhan virtually represented India in the meeting.
5. Which international organization has launched ‘ID-Art’ app which will help identify stolen cultural property, reduce smuggling and increase the possibility of recovering stolen works and artefacts _______Interpol.
➢ The ‘ID-Art’ app enables users — from law enforcement agencies to the general public — to get mobile access to the Interpol database of stolen works of art, create an inventory of private art collections and report cultural sites that are potentially at risk, said the Interpol.
➢ It is available for both Android and Apple devices.
➢ The app’s users can immediately cross-check if an object is among the over 52,000 items registered as stolen in the Interpol’s “Stolen Works of Art” database.
6. Which country chaired the first BRICS Employment Working Group (EWG) Meeting held in 2021 in virtual format _________India.
➢ The meeting was held under the chairmanship of India, which has assumed the BRICS Presidency in 2021.
➢ The meeting was chaired by Shri Apurva Chandra, Secretary, Labour and Employment.
1. Who has been named as the “Sportswoman of the Year” at the 2021 Laureus World Sports Awards ________ Naomi Osaka.
➢ This is Osaka’s second Laureus Sports Awards.
➢ In 2019, she won the “Breakthrough of the Year” award.
2. Who has been named as the “Sportsman of the Year” at the 2021 Laureus World Sports Awards ________ Rafael Nadal.
➢ With the French Open victory in 2020, Nadal took his tally to 20 Grand Slam titles.
➢ Nadal picked up his fourth Laureus honour, having previously scooped the Breakthrough, Comeback and men's individual awards.
3. Name the Indian personality who has been selected for the Arline Pacht Global Vision Award for 2021 ________ Gita Mittal.
➢ The Award will be presented at IAWJ’s Biennial Conference during the virtual opening ceremony on May 7, 2021.
➢ She shares the honour with Margarita Luna Ramos from Mexico.
➢ International Association of Women Judges (IAWJ) instituted this award in 2016. Justice Mittal would be the first Indian judge to receive the award.
4. Name the Indian actor who has won the Best Actor award in the New York City International Film Festival _______ Anupam Kher.
➢ The film has been directed by Prasad Kadam and produced by FNP Media. Besides Anupam, Happy Birthday stars Aahana Kumra.
➢ The film also won the Best Short Film award at the festival.
5. Name the Indian American professor who won the Sheikh Zayed Book Award in 2021 for his/her book titled “Arabic Oration: Art and Function” , thus became the first person from India to win the award ________ Tahera Qutbuddin.
➢ She became the first person from India to win the award.
➢ She won the award under the Arab Culture in Other Languages category.
➢ The awards under 8 different book categories were announced at the 15th annual Sheikh Zayed Book Award held in Abu Dhabi.
6. Who has been conferred with the World Food Prize 2021 ______ Dr. Shakuntala Haraksingh Thilsted.
➢ World Food Prize is an award that aims to recognise achievements made in the field of food and agriculture.
➢ The award is also referred to as the Nobel Prize for Food and Agriculture. Every year, the committee selects one person who will be awarded the title and prize money of $250,000.
➢ Dr. Shakuntala Haraksingh Thilsted is a resident of Denmark and was born in Trinidad and Tobago.
7. Which organization has been conferred with the prestigious “Green Urja Award” 2021 ________ IREDA.
➢ The award was received by Shri Pradip Kumar Das, Chairman & Managing Director, IREDA from Dr. Ajay Mathur, Director General, International Solar Alliance.
➢ IREDA gets the award for the pivotal and developmental role it plays in Green Energy Financing.
1. Who won the 2021 Madrid Open women’s singles title __________ Aryna Sabalenka.
➢ She defeated world number one Ashleigh Barty of Australia in the final
➢ This Sabalenka’s 10th career WTA singles title, second WTA title of the season and first on clay court. Madrid Open is a professional WTA tennis tournament played on outdoor clay courts.
2. Who has been named the ICC Men’s Player of the Month for April 2021 ________ Babar Azam.
➢ The ICC Player of the Month Awards recognise and celebrate the best performances from both male and female cricketers across all forms of international cricket throughout the year.
➢ Along with Babar, Australian women’s team wicketkeeper-batsman Alyssa Healy also bagged the ICC Women’s Player of The Month accolade for her incredible performances during the month of April.
3. Who won the Men’s Singles Title in Madrid Open tennis tournament 2021 ________ Alexander Zverev.
➢ This is the 2nd Madrid Open Title (previous one – 2018) & 4th Masters 1000 Title for Alexander Zverev.
➢ In the Women’s Singles Category, Belarus’ Aryna Sabalenka defeated World No.1 Ashleigh Barty (Australia) to clinch her maiden Madrid Open Title. The 2021 Madrid Open is the 20th edition of the Tournament in WTA .
4. Wicketkeeper-batsman BJ Watling held from which country who has announced that he would be retiring from international cricket after the three Tests, including the World Test Championship final against India ______ New Zealand.
➢ Watling has played 73 Tests, 28 ODIs and 5 T20Is for the BlackCaps.
➢ Watling became just the 9th wicketkeeper to hit a double hundred and the first to hit a double against England when he did so in Bay Oval in 2019.
➢ Watling has been involved in two 350-plus stands, one with Brendon McCullum in 2014 against India and the other with Kane Williamson the following year.
1. Who has authored the book titled “Elephant In The Womb” _________ Kalki Koechlin.
➢ The book, which is yet to be released, is an illustrated non-fiction book on motherhood.
➢ It is illustrated by Valeriya Polyanychko and published by Penguin Random House India (PRHI).
➢ The book narrates about pregnancy and parenting for mothers, expectant mothers, and “anyone even thinking about motherhood”.
2. Who has authored the book titled “Life in the Clock Tower Valley” _________ Shakoor Rather.
➢ The book is published by Speaking Tiger, it talks about Kashmir’s pristine past, its grievous present and alwaysuncertain future.
➢ It also includes historical and political information about Kashmir as well as environmental issues that are seldom talked about.
3. Who has authored the book titled “Elephant” ________ Paul Pickering.
➢ This book is about the love story between Natasha and the man in Paris and it explores the interface between fact and fiction.
➢ The elephant culturally symbolises India more than any other country.
➢ According to the author, his book ‘Elephant’ is an affirmation of ‘I am my voice’. And my voice is as big as an elephant, which in turn is as big as creation.
4. Who has authored the book titled 1971: The Beginning of India’s Cricketing Greatness” _______ Boria Majumdar & Gautam Bhattacharya.
➢ It is the story of a young country (India)ready and eager to make an impression on the world stage.
➢ Boria Majumdar, a Rhodes Scholar, is the author of multiple books on Indian sport and its history, and the coauthor of Sachin Tendulkar’s autobiography Playing It My Way.
➢ Gautam Bhattacharya, currently the Joint Editor of Kolkata’s leading daily Sangbad Pratidin, has been a longstanding cricket writer and commentator and is the author of several books.
1. Which space company is set to launch the “DOGE-1 Mission to the Moon”, the first-ever commercial lunar payload, paid entirely in the cryptocurrency Dogecoin ________ SpaceX.
➢ The satellite is scheduled to be launched in the first quarter of 2022 onboard the Falcon 9 rocket. The dogecoinfunded mission is led by the Canadian company Geometric Energy Corporation (GEC).
➢ SpaceX will carry a 40-kilogram cube satellite dubbed as DOGE-1, as rideshare on a Falcon 9 rocket.
2. The Researchers from which IIT and members of Mobile Payment Forum of India (MPFI) are set to work together for boosting digital money transactions in India ________ IIT Madras.
➢ The two entities will develop voice-based solutions, especially in multiple vernacular languages to enable larger adoption of digital money transactions in India.
➢ As part of the collaboration, IIT Madras will work on key technical areas like Machine Learning (ML) & Artificial Intelligence (AI), applied to the digital payments space.
➢ The collaboration is part of MPFI’s efforts to achieve 500 million active UPI users in India by 2025. At present, there are more than 100 million active UPI users every month in India.
3. Name the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited’s (HAL) Advanced Light Helicopter which has successfully demonstrated its deck-operations capabilities _________ Dhruv Mk III MR.
➢ The ship-borne trials off Chennai coast in collaboration with the Indian Coast Guard concluded recently. It covered maintenance activities inside the hangar and on the deck and hot refuelling with engines running on the deck.
➢ Dhruv Mk III MR is equipped with the most advanced surveillance radar that can detect and identify ships and boats up to a range of 120 nautical miles to help the Indian Coast Guard in its duty to protect the nation from threats.
4. Which technology company has developed 2-nanometer chip technology for faster computing _______IBM.
➢ IBM’s new 2 nm chip technology helps advance the state-of-the-art in the semiconductor industry, addressing this growing demand.
➢ It is projected to achieve 45 percent higher performance, or 75 percent lower energy use, than today’s most advanced 7 nm node chipsi.