IMPORTANT - INDIA
1. Which organization in partnership with American India Foundation, Dell Technologies and University of Mumbai has launched ”Project Future Ready” to equip students with career skills ______ Atal Innovation Mission (AIM).
➢ The project is set to impact over 1 lakh students in Mumbai and Delhi-NCR, of which 60 per cent are females.
➢ The project aims to provide skills development for these students through career mentoring, leveraging online skilling platforms and providing market aligned skills training for employability and inculcating entrepreneurial mind-set.
2. Which company has announced multiple green energy partnerships with Adani group, Indian Oil and Greenko, paving way for its entry into the Indian market ______ Snam.
➢ Snam is an operator of Europe's largest natural gas transmission network.
➢ Greenko has tied up with Snam for setting up a 50-50 joint venture to develop a “green hydrogen" business
➢ Italian firm has collaborated with the Adani Group to “envisage exploration of the hydrogen value chain in India and global markets.
3. Tata Technologies has signed an agreement with which state government to modernise 150 state-run it is ______ Karnataka.
➢ The project cost includes investment from the state govt and also from the consortium of 20 companies led by Tata Technologies.
➢ The project is expected to bring qualitative improvements in the field of industrial training and education to create an enhanced learning environment for training youth.
4. According to “Interstate Migrant Policy Index” (IMPEX) released by the ‘India Migration Now’ which state at the top in integrating migrant workers ______ Kerala.
➢ The average IMPEX score of India is 37 out of 100. According to the index, the states of Kerala, Goa, Rajasthan and Andhra Pradesh have been most successful in integrating migrant workers. On the other hand, Delhi has the least Interstate Migrant Policy Index.
➢ The index helps India to evolve policy for 455 million internal migrants. According to Census 2011, there are 455 million internal migrants in the country.
5. Who chaired Inter-Ministerial Approval Committee meeting that approved 29 projects leveraging investment of Rs 443 crores ______ Narendra Singh Tomar.
➢ The committee approved 29 projects leveraging investment of Rs 443 crores.
➢ Under the Scheme of Integrated Cold Chain and Value Addition, Rs 189 crores were allocated. Rs 15 crores was allocated to the BFL scheme. BFL is creation of Backward and Forward Linkages. BFL is a part of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana.
➢ The projects are to generate 15,000 employment and will benefit more than 2 lakh farmers.
6. The Ministry of Labour and Employment notified the draft rules for the Industrial Relations Code, 2020 in the Official Gazette of India, the government aims to implement the four labour codes from ______ April 1, 2021.
➢ The ministry sought comments from various stakeholders within 30 days for finalizing the rules. The government aims to implement the four labour codes from April 1, 2021.
➢ In September 2020, Parliament had approved the Three Labour Codes – Code on Industrial Relations, the Code on Social Security and the Code on Occupational Safety, Health and Working Conditions.
➢ The Industrial Relation (Central) Rules, 2020 will replace the Industrial Tribunal (Procedure) Rules, 1949, the Industrial Tribunal (Central Procedure) Rules, 1954, the Industrial Disputes (Central) Rules, 1957 and Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Central Rules, 1946.
7. Under whose chairmanship the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has set up a 9 member working group to revisit the product structures of engineering tariffs relevant to the retail businesses and provide suitable recommendations to revise them ______ R Chandrasekharan.
➢ The committee will submit the report within 3 months.
➢ Engineering insurance requirements are constantly evolving with continuous advancement in technology this resulted to the changes in the customers’ expectations regarding the insurance.
➢ So, the Working Group will revisit the Engineering products (which are as per the erstwhile tariffs) for the Retail segment of products.
8. Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) issued an order for scale-up and expansion of the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha Evam Utthan Mahabhiyan (PM-KUSUM) Scheme and set a target of enhanced solar capacity of 30.8 GigaWatt (GW) by ______ 2022.
➢ It has set a target of enhanced solar capacity of 30.8 GigaWatt (GW) by 2022 with revised Central Financial Support of INR 34, 035 crores.
➢ MNRE launched the PM KUSUM Scheme for farmers for installation of solar pumps and grid connected solar and other renewable power plants in India.
9. Under whose chairmanship the Government of India has set up a 21-member Inter-Ministerial Committee to strengthen the Capital Goods (CG) sector ______ Arun Goel.
➢ The committee is headed by Arun Goel, Secretary of Department of Heavy Industries, Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises.
➢ The Committee will strengthen the capital goods sector
➢ The committee will figure out the ways and means to make the CG sector globally competitive and also to become the manufacturing hub for the world.
10. Which motor company has signed a distribution agreement with Harley-Davidson Motor Company for Indian market, as a part of “The Rewire”a plan to change its business model in India ______ Hero MotoCorp.
➢ Under this Hero will sell and service Harley-Davidson motorcycles, parts and accessories for general merchandise through a network of exclusive Harley-Davidson dealerships and MotoCorp will develop and sell a range of premium motorcycles under the Harley-Davidson brand.
➢ In September 2020, Harley-Davidson Motor Co decided to exit India and announced the shutting down of its Manufacturing plant in Bawal, Haryana.
11. Which state won the first position in the in the Union ministry of Jal Shakti’s 2nd National Water Awards for 2019 under the best state (normal) category for the conservation and management of water ______ Tamil Nadu.
➢ The Awards will be presented during the 2-day virtual ceremony on 11th and 12th November 2020 in the presence of Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, Union Minister for Jal Shakti and Prakash Javadekar, Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
12. What is the theme of the 13th Urban Mobility India (UMI) Conference 2020 was held virtually from New Delhi ______ Emerging Trends in Urban Mobility.
➢ It was inaugurated by Minister of State-MoS (Independent Charge-IC) Hardeep Singh Puri, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
➢ This was the first virtual UMI conference amid COVID 19 and was also held for a day as against the usual format of three days without any exhibition.
13. Government of India issued an order to bring digital or online Media, films and audio-visual programmes, news portal and current affairs content under which ministry ______ Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
➢ This will include OTT (over-the-top) platforms such as Netflix, Hotstar, Prime Video & Online News Portal.
➢ In order to do bring this under Ministry of I&B President amended the Government of India (Allocation of Business) Rules, 1961.
➢ At present, there is no law or autonomous body governing digital content.
14. What is India’s rank with respect to boys in the Body Mass Index released by medical journal ‘The Lancet’ ______ 186th.
➢ India’s 19-year-old boys and girls have a BMI of 20.1 means they are also among the shortest in the world.
➢ India’s boys ranked 180th with an average height of 5.46 feet while girls ranked 182nd with an average height of 5.06 feet.
15. Which company has emerged as the lowest bidder with Rs.3166 crores for the construction of the 20 kilometer (km) 4 lane road bridge across River Brahmaputra connecting Dhubri of Assam to Phulbair of Meghalaya ______ Larsen & Toubro (L&T).
➢ This will be India’s longest Bridge over a River in the northeast.
➢ National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (NHIDCL) is the executing agency and is expected to be completed by 2026-27.
➢ This river bridge project is financed by JICA (Japan International Cooperation Agency).
➢ This project will enable better connectivity between the Northeastern states to the rest of India.
16. According to the International Energy Agency’s (IEA) report, Renewables 2020 – Analysis and Forecast to 2025 by which year renewable energy will overtake coal to become the largest source of electricity generation worldwide ______ 2025.
➢ India will double its green energy capacity addition in 2021 compared to 2020 levels.
➢ The report has predicted a decline in Global renewable capacity addition in 2022 due to expiry of incentives and policy uncertainties.
➢ The Renewable capacity additions are on track for a record expansion of nearly 10% in 2021.
IMPORTANT NEWS - STATE
1. India’s first solar-based Integrated Multi-Village Water Supply Project (IMVWSP) was launched in which state of India ______ Arunachal Pradesh.
➢ The solar-based lift water supply project is ‘first of its kind’ in the country, and has been commissioned at a cost of Rs 28.50 crore.
➢ However, such projects will be carried out in other parts of the country too.
➢ The project would provide drinking water to 17,480 people in 39 villages of Lower Dibang Valley district in Arunachal Pradesh.
2. Which state government has launched a pioneering eco-sustainable programme called ‘Parivarthanam’, to improve the livelihood of the fishing community ______ Kerala.
➢ The scheme aims at improving the livelihood skills of youngsters along the coastline and also enable socioeconomic uplift of the fishermen community.
➢ Parivarthanam, which means change, will be headed by Kerala State Coastal Area Development Corporation (KSCADC).
➢ The scheme will promote the processing and marketing of clean fish and its fresh products.
3. Hornbill Festival is celebrated in which state decided to be celebrated online this year amidst COVID-19 ______ Nagaland.
➢ This festival is also called the Festival of Festivals. It is held every year from December 1 to 10, showcases the culture, heritage, food and customs of Naga tribes.
➢ 16 tribes come together to celebrate their traditions with dance performances. Tourists from across the globe attend the 10-day gala.
4. The International Bird Festival will be organized in which state in February 2021 ______ Uttar Pradesh.
➢ Gorakhpur is developing in the tourism and ecotourism sector and it is set to have a zoological park in 2021.
➢ The International bird festival will attract international level tourists for Gorakhpur lake and bird watching.
➢ The forest department of Uttar Pradesh has been instructed to materialize this bird festival.
5. According to the 6th edition of United Kingdom India Business Council’s (UKIBC) Doing Business in India Report 2020 which state came out as the state with maximum incremental improvement for third year in a row ______ Maharashtra.
➢ The UK Perspective” was virtually launched by the UK Investment Minister Lord Gerry Grimstone at a roundtable with Indian industrialists during his virtual visit to India.
➢ In accordance to the report, 66% of the surveyed UK businesses found it easier to do business in India due to progressive reforms and improvements in components such as the availability of support and service providers, skilled labour, and supply chain.
6. Which state government has launched ‘Secha Samadhan’ app for farmers ______ Odisha.
➢ Farmers would receive all irrigation-related information from the Water Resources Department through the mobile application.
7. Which state government has launched ‘Project Air Care’ through a public-private partnership ______ Haryana.
➢ He also inaugurated a project for the beautification of the Gateway of Gurugram on the Mehrauli-Gurugram Road.
➢ The Air Purifiers have been developed by CSIR-NEERI, IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) Bombay.
8. Under whose chairmanship SEBI, set up a 7-member expert group to review the frameworks of the share based employee benefits & issue of sweat equity and recommend policy changes ______ Sandip Bhagat.
➢ The expert group will revisit the framework of the sweat equity regulations against the companies act and suggest required policy changes.
➢ The expert group will make suggestions on whether it is advisable to combine both the regulations.
➢ If the norms of these regulations can be combined, the panel will provide draft rules in this regard.
9. Which state government has passed a resolution on ‘Sarna Code’ seeking separate Identity Code for Tribal ______ Jharkhand.
➢ The resolution seeks inclusion of Sarna as a separate religion in the 2021 census.
➢ Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren tabled the proposal in the Jharkhand Assembly.
➢ The bill will now be sent to the Central Government for approval.
IMPORTANT NEWS - WORLD
1. Virgin Hyperloop successfully completed the first-ever human trial in the hyperloop pod at the 500 metre DevLoop test facility in which country ______ United States of America.
➢ Josh Giegel, Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer, Virgin Hyperloop and Sara Luchian, Director of Passenger Experience of Virgin Hyperloop, were the first people in the world to ride on Hyperloop.
➢ They travelled 500 metres in 15 seconds in newly-unveiled XP-2 vehicle, reaching 107 mph (172 Km per hour).
➢ The testing campaign will continue with Pune native and Virgin Hyperloop Power Electronics Specialist, Tanay Manjrekar to ride next in Hyperloop.
2. A pictorial anthology on Mahatma Gandhi was released by which country in their language meaning ‘My understanding about Gandhi ______ Nepal.
➢ Bidhya Devi Bhandari, President of Nepal released a pictorial anthology on Mahatma Gandhi in Nepali language, titled ‘Maile Bujheko Gandhi’(the Gandhi as I understood or ‘My understanding about Gandhi’)at a special function in Shital Niwas, Kathmandu in the presence of Vinay Mohan Kwatra, Ambassador of India to Nepal.
➢ The book was published by the Embassy of India along with B. P. Koirala India-Nepal Foundation.
3. The Second World Health Expo is being held in which city of China ______ Wuhan.
➢ The World Health Expo will showcase the Latest Technology in Fitness Sports and the most realistically restored anti-epidemic Scenes.
➢ It will feature 12 different venues for audiences to experience the most frontier health technology
4. The Thirty Meter Telescope (TMT) project is being installed at Maunakea in ______ Hawaii.
➢ The project will revolutionize the understanding of the universe and mysteries surrounding it.
➢ The TMT project is an international partnership project between CalTech, Universities of California, Canada, Japan, China, and India; through the Department of Science and Technology (DST) and Department of Atomic Energy (DAE).
5. Who represented India in the 20th Summit of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Council of Heads of State (CHS) 2020 presided over by Russian President Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin ______ Narendra Modi.
➢ This was the first SCO Summit held in Virtual Format and the third meeting that India participated after becoming a full member in 2017.
➢ It should be noted that President Emomali Rahmon of Tajikistan will assume the chairmanship of SCO in 2021.
6. Which country will assume the chairmanship of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) in 2021 ______ Tajikistan.
➢ This was the first SCO Summit held in Virtual Format and the third meeting that India participated after becoming a full member in 2017.
➢ It should be noted that President Emomali Rahmon of Tajikistan will assume the chairmanship of SCO in 2021.
HONOR & AWARDS
1. Which film has won the top prize at the third edition of Best Of India Short Film Festival 2020, thus becomes eligible for 2021 Oscar qualification ______ Natkhat.
➢ By winning the festival, the film has become eligible for 2021 Oscar qualification.
➢ The film has been directed by Shaan Vyas and co-produced by Ronnie Screwvala and Vidya Balan.
➢ The film also won cash prize money of $2,500 (approximately Rs 1,85,497) and an opportunity for a television broadcast deal on ShortsTV.
2. Which state’s tourism has been bestowed the coveted 'Highly Commended' Award by World Travel Mart London ______ Kerala.
➢ Kerala tourism was recognised for its remarkable activities aimed at promoting Responsible Tourism (RT) during the challenging times of COVID-19 pandemic.
➢ Kerala's Responsible Tourism (RT) Mission received this recognition in the category of 'Meaningful Connections.'
➢ This is the 5th International Award for the Responsible Tourism Mission since its formation in 2017.
3. Which film becomes the only Indian entry at Tokyo Film Festival ______ Karkhanisanchi Waar.
➢ Marathi film, Karkhanisanchi Waari (Ashes on a Road Trip), the 149-minute film tells the story of the Karkhanis, the last joint family of Pune.
➢ The movie was directed by Mangesh Joshi. The movie will have its world premiere at the 33rd Tokyo International Film Festival. It is the only Indian entry at the festival.
4. Who has won the JCB Prize for Literature 2020 for his novel Moustache ______ S Hareesh.
➢ It has been translated into English by Jayasree Kalathil & published by HarperCollins India.
➢ The JCB Prize for Literature is regarded as the richest literary prize in India.
➢ As per the norm, the Malayalam author will receive a Rs 25 lakh cash prize and the translator will receive an additional Rs 10 lakh.
5. Who has won the “Dr. Tulsi Das Chugh Award 2020” ______ Dr Satish Mishra.
➢ The research was focused on “Secreted Protein with Altered Thrombospondin Repeat (SPATR) which is Essential for Asexual Blood Stages but not Required for Hepatocyte Invasion by the Malaria Parasite Plasmodium Berghei”.
➢ The study was focused on the dispensability of SPATR in Plasmodium berghei sporozoite and its importance for the establishment of blood stage infection.
6. Who conferred with Tata Literature Live Lifetime Achievement Award 2020 for his outstanding contribution in the field of literary ______ Ruskin Bond.
➢ Apart from this, lyricist Javed Akhtar has been named as the Poet Laureate of the Tata Literature Live! The Mumbai LitFest 2020.
➢ Tata Literature Live!: It recognises exceptional work and outstanding contribution to writing and literature and poetry in India which has made a significant impact in the Indian literary field.
7. Who has won the International Children’s Peace Prize 2020 for his work to stop cyberbullying of teens ______ Sadat Rahman.
➢ The award was given away by the Nobel Peace Prize laureate Malala Yousafzai during a ceremony in the Netherlands.
➢ The prize is given away by the international children’s rights organization KidsRights.
➢ The prize was launched by KidsRights during the 2005 World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates in Rome.
8. Who topped in the 7th edition of the EdelGive Hurun India Philanthropy List 2020 released by the Hurun India and EdelGive Foundation ______ Azim Premji.
➢ Azim Premji, the founder and Chairman of Wipro topped the 2020 list. Azim Premji became India’s Most Generous man with a donation of Rs.7904 crores.
➢ The list featured the individuals who have donated Rs.5 crores and more during the review period (from 1st April 2019 to 31st March 2020).
1. Who has won the Paris Master 2020 title in tennis ______ Daniil Medvedev.
➢ He became the fourth Russian to capture the Rolex Paris Masters title.
➢ The World No. 5 earned his first service break at 4-4 in the second set and charged to the title from that point by winning eight of the final nine games.
2. Who has won the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) Women’s World Cup table tennis title in held in Weihai, China ______ Chen Meng.
➢ The world number one Chen Meng beat Chinese compatriot Sun Yingsha to win her maiden International Table Tennis Federation(ITTF) Women’s World Cup table tennis title in held in Weihai, China.
➢ The 2020 ITTF Women’s World Cup was the 24th edition of the ITTF-sanctioned event.
3. Which team has wo the 13th Edition of the Dream11 Indian Premier League 2020 ______ Mumbai Indians.
➢ A total of 8 teams participated in the event. Delhi Capitals became the runner up in the 13th edition of IPL. Jofra Archer of Rajasthan Royals won the Player of the Series.
➢ Mumbai Indians won their 5th IPL Title by defeating First-Time Finalists Delhi Capitals by 5 wickets in the Final at Dubai International Cricket Stadium.
➢ Title Winners Mumbai Indians received INR 20 Crore as Prize Money, whereas Finalists Delhi Capital received an amount of INR 12.5 Crore.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
1. Who authored the book titled “Your Best Day Is Today!” ______ Anupam Kher.
➢ Through this book, Kher will recount his experiences during the lockdown, several ups and downs, including the time when his mother Dulari and brother Raju Kher had contracted the virus.
➢ His previous books are his biography Lessons Life Taught Me Unknowingly & The Best Thing About You is You.
➢ He is also a recipient of two National Film Awards.
2. Who authored the novel titled “Rasaathi: The Other Side of a Transgender” ______ Sasindran Kallinkeel.
➢ The main character in the novel, published by BookMitra, is a transgender named Rasaathi born in a well-to-do family in South India.
➢ Rasaathi, meaning princess, is in the late 40s who wants people to treat transgenders like human beings by showering love, affection, sympathy and recognise their pathetic and horrible life.
3. Who has authored the book titled ‘Majhi Bhint’ (My Wall) written in Martahi language released by Bhagat Singh Koshyari, governor of Maharashtra ______ Rajendra Darda.
➢ The book is a compilation of selected Facebook posts of Rajendra Darda that pertains to a range of issues written over the last four years.
➢ The book contains the experiences of the author’s world travel. This will give the readers the same joy of world travel.
➢ The interspersing of the Marathi write-ups with Hindi couplets by the author has further enriched the book.
4. Who has authored the book titled ‘How to Be a Writer’ ______ Ruskin Bond.
➢ The book gives a glimpse into the writing credo of Ruskin Bond, the author who has over 70 years of successful writing career.
➢ As per Ruskin Bond, to become a writer, the person must have the following qualities-love of books, languages and life, an observant eye, a good memory, enthusiasm, optimism and persistence.
5. The book titled ‘Leading with Empathy’ is a Biography who among the following ______ Jacinda Ardern.
➢ Jacinda Ardern:Leading with Empathy’ – A Biography of New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern will be published in 2021 by HarperCollins.
➢ The book will be authored by Supriya Vani and Carl A Harte.
6. The book titled ‘Boskiyana’ has been published by Radhakrishna Prakashan is on life of which Indian poet and lyricist ______ Gulzar.
➢ The book portrays the life of Gulzar through his films, poetry, philosophies, lifestyle, likes and dislikes. The 228- page book is edited by Yashwant Vyas.
➢ ‘Boskiyana’ is the name of the house of Gulzar in Mumbai.
➢ The book expresses the personality of Gulzar through detailed conversations and reveals his thoughts and vision of the world.
7. The book titled “'I Am No Messiah” is an autobiography of which Indian Actor ______ Sonu Sood.
➢ The book will be co-authored by Meena Iyer.
➢ Written in the first person, the book will reveal the emotional and often challenging journeys he undertook along with the people he rescued.
8. Who has authored the book titled “Insomnia: Army Stories” featuring stories based on life in the armed forces ______ Rachna Bisht Rawat.
➢ Rachna Bisht Rawat stated that all the characters featured in Insomnia are not heroic, the characters represent ordinary people who have their own weaknesses and failures.
➢ She also stated that this book speaks more about emotions in various forms and speaks less about the army.
SCIENCE AND DEFENCE
1. Which organization has developed fire detection and suppression system for passenger buses that can detect fire in buses in less than 30 seconds ______ DRDO.
➢ The technology was developed by the Delhi based Centre for fire explosive and environment safety of DRDO. The fire detection and suppression system consist of a water tank of 80 litres of capacity, network of tubing with 16 atomizers and 6.8 kilograms of Nitrogen cylinder.
➢ The system has an aerosol generator with which the fire suppression can be achieved within 5 seconds. The system has been developed as a defence spin off Technology.
2. Which country has successfully launched the world’s first 6G satellite namely “UESTC” satellite (Star Era-12)” into orbit with an aim to test communications from space using high-frequency terahertz (THz) spectrum ______ China.
➢ It was one of the 13 satellites aboard the Long March-6 rocket, which launched on November 6, 2020 at the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Centre in Shanxi province of China.
➢ The UESTC is named after the University of Electronic Science and Technology of China and will test the performance of the 6G frequency band in space which is expected to be over 100 times faster than 5G which is already expected to be ultra-fast.