BANKING & FINANCIAL AWARENESS
1. Which bank has launched a debit card facility for the customers availing the Loan Against Securities (LAS) from the Bank ________ ICICI Bank.
➢ The debit card is available on the Visa platform. With this launch, ICICI Bank has become the first bank in India to launch such a facility.
➢ The LAS debit can be used by customers across all domestic merchant establishments to make seamless POS and online transactions like payments on e-commerce portals among others, using their sanctioned LAS amount.
2. Which e-commerce company has partnered with ‘Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation’ (IRCTC), to provide with the facility to book reserved train tickets on its platform ________ Amazon.
➢ With this launch, the e-commerce company’s digital payments arm Amazon Pay adds another travel category, thereby offering its customers a one-stop-shop for booking flights, bus and train tickets.
➢ With this new offering, users will be able to check seat and quota availability across all train classes on the Amazon app.
3. As per the 3rd bi-monthly monetary policy, the Reserve Bank of India will introduce on-tap targeted long-term repo operations (TLTRO) for banks to borrow up to __________ Rs 1 trillion.
➢ The reverse repo rate under the LAF has been kept unchanged at 3.35%.
➢ The marginal standing facility (MSF) rate and the Bank Rate have been kept unchanged at 4.25%.
4. The World Bank projected India’s GDP to contract by what percent in the fiscal year 2020-21 _________9.6%.
➢ The World Bank earlier in June had estimated the Indian economy to shrink by 3.2% in the current fiscal.
➢ The World Bank recently released its report titled ‘South Asia Economic Focus’, noting that the country’s economic situation is much worse than ever seen before.
5. Which bank has partnered with India’s full-service carrier, Vistara to launch a Co-Branded Forex Card ________ Axis Bank.
➢ This is the 1st-ever collaboration by a bank and an Indian airline for a co-branded forex card.
➢ The multi-currency forex card enables customers to travel to international destinations in a cashless and hasslefree manner.
6. Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs launched the Application Programming Interface (API) integration between the PM SVANidhi Portal and eMudra portal of which bank ________ State Bank of India.
➢ As a part of Prime Minister Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi) Scheme will facilitate seamless flow of data between the two portals. It will benefit the street vendors seeking working capital loan under the Scheme.
7. The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARAD) has inked three Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) with which Bank to extend credit support for various projects in Gujarat _________ State Bank of India.
➢ The signing of MoUs took place between D. K. Mishra, Chief General Manager of NABARD in Gujarat and Dukhbandhu Rath, Chief General Manager, SBI Ahmedabad Circle in the presence of NABARD Chairman G. R.Chintala.
8. Which Neobank has launched India’s First ‘Financial Control Center’ on Mobile to Empower 60 Million Small Business Owners ________ Chqbook.
➢ With this launch, Chqbook brings world-class financial services to a massive underserved segment.
➢ The mobile application of Chqbook will give small businesses the power to manage everyday financial needs and to access other financial products, which helps them to save time, effort and money.
9. The Reserve Bank has decided to move to the NGTA for managing the country's foreign exchange and gold reserves. What does ‘G’ stands for in NGTA ________ Generation.
➢ The full form of ‘NGTA’ is Next Generation Treasury Application.
➢ In a bid to improve its functioning, the Reserve Bank has decided to move to the Next Generation Treasury Application (NGTA) for managing the country's foreign exchange and gold reserves.
10. According to a study published in the medical journal Lancet which country is likely to become the third largest economy in the world by 2050 _______India.
➢ The study constructed scenarios for GDP using the working age population of countries. It also assessed potential economic and geopolitical effects of future demographic shifts.
➢ The study based 2017 as the reference when India was the seventh largest economy in the world, and forecast that India will emerge as the fourth largest economy by 2030 behind USA, China, Japan and by 2050 it will go onto the third spot and retain it till 2100.
11. As per the ‘colour coding’ introduced by the Insurance Regulatory Authority of India (IRDAI) for individual health products, which colour will signify that the product offered is a complex and needs to be understood properly ______ Red.
➢ Every health insurance product offered by general and health insurance companies will use green, orange, & red colours to indicate the complexity of the products. Green will signify that the product offered is a simple one, easy to understand & comprehend. Red– Product is complex and needs to be understood properly.
12. Which technology company has partnered with All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) to empower students, educators in Next-Generation Technology such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), Data Science and Cloud Computing _________ Microsoft.
➢ 1, 500 course modules from Microsoft will be accessible for the students & educators for free of cost. It will be accessible through AICTE’s e-learning portal ELIS (Enhancement in Learning with Improvement in Skills).
➢ To ensure an interactive learning process, Microsoft will host live webinars for students of AICTE.
13. Mastercard has entered into partnership with which RegTech startup for Global Rollout of Video Know Your Customer (KYC) _________ Signzy.
➢ The customers of Mastercard, with this partnership will benefit from a 100% paperless, remote and secure onboarding solution for end-users.
➢ It is backed by Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) technologies.
14. As per the ‘World Economic Outlook’ report, published by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) by what percent Indian Economy will contract in the financial year 2020-21 ________10.3 per cent.
➢ However, IMF estimates the GDP of India to grow at 8.8 per cent in 2021-22, as compared to 6 per cent predicted earlier, regaining the position of the fastest-growing emerging economy.
➢ On the other hand, the Fund expects the world economy to contract by 4.4 per cent in 2020. This projection was - 5.2 per cent earlier.
15. Which bank has launched a new entry-level credit card named ACE Credit Card, with a focus on increasing participation of users in the digital economy partnership with Google Pay ________ Axis Bank.
➢ It also aims to bring a seamless, digital experience to users from application to issuance.
➢ The card has been launched in collaboration with Google Pay and will run on Visa (Signature) platform.
16. Which digital wallet has partnered with Uber technology to integrate the digital payment platform as a payment option on the ride-hailing service app _______ Amazon Pay.
➢ This partnership with Uber will allow customers to complete their transaction in a contactless manner, especially during the pandemic.
➢ The strategic association will also focus on providing users one-click payment experience with cashback offers to drive adoption and further strengthen the digital payments ecosystem.
17. Which housing finance company has launched “Project RED” to improve efficiencies at every level of the organization ___________ LIC Housing Finance Limited.
➢ LIC Housing Finance Ltd (LICHFL) launched “Project RED” (Reimagining Excellence through Digital transformation) to improve efficiencies at every level of the organisation.
➢ Project RED aims to create value across the entire spectrum of stakeholders that includes employees, shareholders, business associates, existing and potential customers of LICHFL, as per the housing finance company’s statement.
18. Which of the Following bank provides USD 310 million lines of credit to Zimbabwe for thermal and river projects ________ EXIM Bank.
➢ An agreement had been signed between the governments of India and Zimbabwe in April 2019 for USD 23 million line of credit for financing renovation and upgradation of Bulawayo Thermal Power Plant at the revalidated/escalated project cost.
1. Former CBI Director Ashwani Kumar passed away recently, he also served as governor of ______ Nagaland and Manipur.
➢ He was born at Nahan in Sirmaur district and joined the Indian Police Force in 1973.
➢ He was allotted the Himachal Pradesh cadre and while working as the District Superintendent of Police at Shimla in 1985, he was inducted in the newly created Special Protection Group (SPG), where he worked till 1990.
2. Renowned personality Vishal Anand has passed away recently, he was a veteran _________ Film Actor.
➢ His real name was Bhishmam Kohli. He has appeared in 11 Hindi films during his acting careers like Hindustan Ki Kasam and Taxi Driver.
➢ Apart from acting, Anand had also directed and produced a few films, including Chalte Chalte.
3. Cricketer Najeeb Tarakai passed away recently he held from which country ___________ Afghanistan.
➢ He played 12 Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is) for Afghanistan, after making his international debut in the 2014 T20 World Cup.
➢ He played his only one-day international against Ireland in 2017
4. Union minister Ram Vilas Paswan passed away recently, he was president of which political party ________ Lok Janshakti Party.
➢ He was also the president of the Lok Janshakti Party, eight-time Lok Sabha member and current Rajya Sabha MP.
➢ Ram Vilas Paswan started his political career as a member of Samyukta Socialist Party and was elected to the Bihar Legislative Assembly in 1969.
5. Renowned Personality CK Rajkumar passed away recently, he was veteran ________ Businessman.
➢ CK Rajkumar, the Founder of Sujatha Bio Tech and the owner of brands like Nivaran 90 and Velvette shampoo, passed away at a private hospital in Chennai.
➢ Rajkumar was recently in the news after one of their experiments to find a cure for Covid-19 went wrong in their lab in Chennai.
6. Renowned personality Rajan passed away recently, he was a veteran _______ Music Composer.
➢ Hailing from Mysuru, brothers Rajan and Nagendra debuted as music directors in 1952 with the Kannada film Soubhagya Lakshmi, and went on to have a very successful career for nearly four decades.
➢ They composed music for over 375 films, over 200 in Kannada and the rest in Telugu, Tamil, Tulu and Sinhala.
7. Justice KK Usha, passed away, she was first women chief justice of which High Court ________ Kerala High Court.
➢ And when she was appointed Chief Justice of the Kerala High Court from 2000 to 2001, Justice Usha became the first woman to join the High Court Judiciary from the Bar and became a Chief Justice.
➢ Justice Usha, who had a distinguished career as a judge and later as chief justice, began her career when she enrolled as an advocate in 1961.
8. Indian sportsman Carlton Chapman passed away recently he was associated with which sports ________ Football.
➢ Chapman was hospitalised at a hospital in Bengaluru,
➢ A product of the Tata Football Academy in early 1990s, Chapman joined East Bengal in 1993 and scored a hat-trick in his team’s 6-2 win against Iraq club Al Zawra in a first round match at the Asian Cup Winners Cup that year.
9. Renowned politician C M Chang passed away due to COVID-19, he was environment minister of which state _________ Nagaland.
➢ Nagaland’s environment minister, C M Chang passed away due to COVID-19. He was a retired IAS officer and former Member of Parliament, Lok Sabha (2009-13).
➢ He was elected to the Nagaland Legislative Assembly from 51 Noksen constituencies under Tuensang district in 2013 and later retained the same seat in 2018 on Nationalist Democratic Progressive Party (NDPP) ticket.
10. Renowned Indian-origin human rights lawyer Priscilla Jana passed away, he was a national of which country ________ South Africa.
➢ Jana, who had played a significant role against apartheid, was the Deputy Chairperson of the South African Human Rights Commission (SAHRC).
➢ Jana was also a member of the South African Law Commission and served as a member of the Advisory Committee to the President.
11. Renowned politician Vinod Kumar Singh passed away due to COVID-19, he was a minister in which state government __________ Bihar.
➢ He was a BJP MLA from Pranpur Assembly constituency of Katihar district in northeast Bihar and has been elected MLA thrice from the constituency.
1. Indian Air Force Day is celebrated every year on which date ________8th October.
➢ Indian Air Force was officially established on 8 October 1932 by the British Empire as the Royal Indian Air Force.
➢ The name was changed to Indian Air Force in 1950.
2. The World Post Day is observed every year on which date ________9th October.
➢ The purpose of World Post Day is to create awareness of the role of the postal sector in people’s and businesses’ everyday lives and its contribution to the social and economic development of countries.
➢ World Post Day is celebrated each year on 9 October, the anniversary of the establishment of the Universal Postal Union in 1874 in the Swiss Capital, Bern.
3. World Migratory Bird Day is observed globally on ________10th October.
➢ The Day will celebrate the biannual migration. The aim of the day is to raise awareness of migratory birds and the importance of international cooperation to conserve them.
➢ This time the theme of World Migratory Bird Day 2020 is “Birds Connect Our World”.
4. World Mental Health Day is observed globally every year on _________10th October.
➢ The day is celebrated with an objective of raising awareness of mental health issues around the world and mobilizing the efforts in support of mental health.
➢ This year’s theme set by the World Federation for Mental Health is ‘mental health for all’.
5. In India, the National Postal Day is celebrated annually on _________10th October.
➢ The Day aims to commemorate the role played by the Indian postal department for the past 150 years, which was founded in 1854 by Lord Dalhousie.
6. International Day of the Girl Child is observed globally every year on ___________11th October.
➢ The International Day of the Girl Child focuses attention on the need to address the challenges girls face and to promote girls’ empowerment and the fulfilment of their human rights.
➢ The theme for 2020 International Day of the Girl Child is “My voice, our equal future”.
7. World Arthritis Day is observed globally every year on which date ________12th October.
➢ The day is celebrated to raise awareness about arthritis, an inflammatory condition which causes pain and stiffness in joints which can worsen with age.
➢ This day was started by Arthritis and Rheumatism International (ARI) in 1996 in order to spread awareness about arthritis and encourage policymakers to help reduce the burden of arthritis.
8. The United Nations marks the International Day for Disaster Reduction every year on which date _______13th October.
➢ The day is celebrated to spread how people and communities all over the world are reducing their exposure to disasters.
➢ The day is also called World Calamity Control Day. This year, in 2020, the day is marked under the theme “Disaster Risk Governance”
9. What is the theme of the World Standards Day 2020 ______ Protecting the planet with standards.
➢ The day aims to raise awareness about the importance of standardisation to the global economy among the consumers, regulators and industry.
➢ World Standards Day 2020 theme is “Protecting the planet with standards”.
1. Who has been appointed as the new deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) __________ M Rajeshwar Rao.
➢ Prior to this, M Rajeshwar Rao was an executive director at RBI.
➢ He succeeds NS Vishwanathan as the central bank’s fourth deputy governor.
➢ NS Vishwanathan resigned from the post in March 2020 before the completion of his term in June, citing health reasons.
2. Who has been elected as the Chairman of Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI) ___________ Nilesh Shah.
➢ He was earlier elected as the Chairman for 2019 – 2020. Nilesh Shah would also continue as the ex-officio Chairman of AMFI Financial Literacy Committee, being the Chairman of AMFI.
➢ These decisions were taken by AMFI, the industry body of SEBI-registered mutual funds at its Board Meeting.
3. Who has been appointed the managing director and chief executive officer of India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) _______ J Venkatramu.
➢ J Venkatramu has been appointed the managing director and chief executive officer of India Post Payments Bank (IPPB). He will succeed Suresh Sethi, who served the post till March 2020.
➢ Venkatramuis presently working as the chief digital officer in Equitas Small Finance Bank. He has been appointed to the post of MD and CEO of IPPB for a period of three years.
4. Who has been appointed as the new Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer Motilal Oswal Home Finance Limited (MOHFL) _________ Arvind Hali.
➢ Motilal Oswal Financial Services Ltd (MOFSL) has appointed Arvind Hali as the new Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer of its housing finance company Motilal Oswal Home Finance Limited (MOHFL).
➢ It has also appointed Amar Bahl as the Deputy Managing Director & COO of the company
5. Who has been assigned the additional charge of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution after the demise of Ram Vilas Paswan _________ Piyush Goyal.
➢ The Union Minister Piyush Goyal has been assigned the additional charge of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution in addition to his existing portfolios, following the death of union minister Ram Vilas Paswan.
➢ Goyal is currently serving as the Union Minister of Railways and Minister of Commerce and Industry.
6. Who has been appointed as the dean of the Harvard University’s business school _______ Srikant M Datar.
➢ Datar will succeed Nitin Nohria, another Indian-American, and will be the second dean of Indian origin at Harvard University, with Rakesh Khurana, who heads Harvard College.
➢ Datar will be the 11th dean of the prestigious school.