BANKING & FINANCIAL AWARENESS
1. Which Mutual Fund has unveiled Magnum Children’s Benefit Fund - Investment Plan, an open-ended fund for parents to invest for their children ______ SBI Mutual Fund.
➢ The scheme, open for subscription from September 8, is a part of SBI Magnum Children’s Benefit Fund that currently has Savings Plan, a predominantly debt-oriented offering.
➢ The new plan for children aged 1 year going up to when he/she is 14 years old.
➢ There would be a lock-in period for at least 5 years or till the child attains age of majority, whichever is earlier.
2. Which state government has signed $82 million loan agreement with the World Bank for the implementation of the State Roads Transformation Project ______ Himachal Pradesh.
➢ The project will strengthen the transport and road safety institutions of Himachal Pradesh.
➢ It aims at improving the condition, safety, resilience, and engineering standards of state road network.
3. Which public sector bank has launched an international contactless debit card, “Signature Visa Debit Card” for high net worth individuals who are maintaining an average quarterly balance of Rs 10 lakhs and above ______ Bank of India.
➢ This international contactless debit card will be available in metal and plastic variants.
➢ This card will have a spending limit of up to ₹5 lakhs on POS & e-commerce and ₹1 lakh on ATM
4. Which finance company to launch a portal ‘PayBima’ through which it will provide digital services to the customers of its insurance brokerage ______ Mahindra Insurance Brokers Ltd.
➢ It a subsidiary of Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Limited(Mahindra Finance).
➢ PayBima will help Mahindra insurance broking services to transform it into a “phygital” model that will leverage its feet-on-the-street agents at over 400 locations in the country, with the digital aggregation and settlement services.
5. Which bank is planning to launch loan product 'SAFAL' for organic cotton growers ______ State bank of India.
➢ The bank is using Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) in a big way for generating business.
➢ Currently, the bank has more than 40 Machine Learning based models which it uses across the spectrum for business, risk mitigation, fraud management.
6. Which bank finds top position in the Enhanced Access and Service Excellence (EASE) Banking reform index 2020 prepared by Indian Banking Association (IBA) ______ Bank of Baroda.
➢ State Bank of India and Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) got the 2nd and 3rd place respectively.
➢ The Indian Banking Association (IBA) makes EASE (Enhanced Access and Service Excellence) reform index.
7. The Indian arm of Fitch Ratings, India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra) has projected India’s FY21 GDP growth forecast at ______ -11.8%.
➢ The rating agency estimates the economic loss in FY21 to be Rs 18.44 lakh crore.
➢ The rating agency also expects India’s GDP to rebound and grow at 9.9% year-on-year in FY22 primarily due to the weak base of FY21.
8. Which financial service company has launched a digital currency testing platform aimed at helping central banks test their digital currencies ______ Mastercard.
➢ The platform will allows central banks to test how proposed central bank digital currencies (CBDCs) would work in real life.
➢ The system will also demonstrate how consumers can use central bank digital currencies to pay for goods and services wherever Mastercard is accepted worldwide.
9. According to the CRISIL Research the Indian economy will shrink by what percent in financial year 2020-21 ______ 9%.
➢ CRISIL revising its forecast down from 5% owing to uncertainty over the spread of Covid-19 and lack of adequate financial support from the government.
➢ For FY22, Crisil has projected India’s GDP to grow at 10%.
10. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) laid down guidelines for appointment of chief compliance officer (CCO) in banks for a minimum fixed period of ______ three years.
➢ The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) laid down guidelines for appointment of chief compliance officer (CCO) in banks to ensure uniform approach with regard to compliance and risk management culture across the banking industry.
➢ CCO “shall not be given any responsibility which brings elements of conflict of interest.
11. Domestic rating agency, CARE Ratings projected what per cent of contraction of Indian GDP in the current financial year (FY2020-21) ______ 8-8.2%.
➢ This decline shows that there will be no increase in capital expenditure (capex) during the year along with a decline in the gross fixed capital formation.
➢ The forecast for GVA growth in FY21 is -7.7%.
12. ICICI Prudential Life has partnered with which bank to offer insurance products ______ NSDL Payments Bank.
➢ Under the agreement, ICICI Prudential Life will provide its customer-centric protection and savings products to customers of NSDL Payments Bank.
13. Which bank has launched 'Festival Bonanza Offer' for its customers to give a push to subdued loan demand due to the COVID-19 crisis ______ Punjab National Bank.
➢ Under the 'Festival Bonanza Offer', the bank will waive all upfront or processing fees and documentation charges on some of its major retail products like housing loans and car loans.
14. Which has become the 1st India company to cross $200-billion mark ______ RIL.
➢ Shares of the company were up 6.2 per cent in midday trading in Mumbai after hitting a record intraday high.
➢ Asia's richest man, Mukesh Ambani is turning his focus toward retail after successfully building India's top telecom network by customers in less than four years, hoping to take a dominant position as India's huge consumer market comes of age.
15. Which bank has fully repaid the ₹50,000 crore provided by RBI as a special liquidity facility (SLF) amid the crises faced by the lender earlier this year ______ Yes Bank.
➢ The government and RBI had replaced the entire board of the lender in March this year and also stopped depositors from accessing their funds for a few days.
➢ A new management was installed, the restrictions were lifted and it also completed a Rs 15,000-crore capital raise during the pandemic which will help it restart lending operations.
1. Famous personality Jiri Menzel passed away recently, he was a veteran ______ Film Director.
➢ His 1st feature film, ‘Closely Watched Trains’ won an Academy Award (Oscars) for Best Foreign Language film in 1968.
➢ Menzel won the Czech Lion for lifetime artistic contribution and was honoured by the Karlovy Vary festival.
2. Renowned personality Govind Swarup passed away recently, he was a veteran ______ Astronomer.
➢ He was the founding director of National Centre for Radio Astrophysics of Tata Institute of Fundamental Research.
➢ He is well known for his many important research contributions in several areas of astronomy and astrophysics.
3. Renowned personality Johnny Bakshi passed away recently, he was a veteran ______ Film maker.
➢ Veteran producer-director, Johnny Bakshi passed away. He mostly worked as a producer, backing films such as Manzilein Aur Bhi Hain, (1974), Raavan, (1984) and Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayee (1993).
➢ He has also directed two films Daku Aur Police (1992) and Khudai (1994).
4. Renowned personality Jaya Prakash Reddy passed away recently, he was a veteran ______ Actor.
➢ He was working as a sub-inspector of police when he got an opportunity to act in Venkatesh’s 1988 film Brahma Puthrudu.
➢ He was last seen in Mahesh Babu starrer Sarileru Neekevvaru (2020).
5. Famous personality Diana Rigg passed away recently she was a veteran ______ Actor.
➢ British actress Diana Rigg, whose commanding career stretched from iconic 1960s spy series The Avengers to fantasy juggernaut Game of Thrones passed away.
➢ Ms. Rigg also starred in 1967 James Bond thriller On Her Majesty’s Secret Service as the only woman ever to marry Agent 007.
6. Renowned personality Raghuvansh Prasad Singh passed away recently, he was a veteran ______ Politician.
➢ He was a member of the 15th Lok Sabha of India and represented the Vaishali constituency of Bihar.
➢ Singh had served as the Union Minister for Rural Development in Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s cabinet.
1. What was the theme of the 55th International Literacy Day 2020 ______ Literacy teaching and learning in the COVID19 crisis and beyond.
➢ International Literacy Day is observed globally on 8th September every year.
➢ The theme highlights literacy learning in a lifelong learning perspective, and therefore, mainly focuses on youth and adults.
2. International Day to Protect Education from Attack is observed globally on which date ______ 9th September.
➢ The day was established by a unanimous decision of the UN General Assembly, calling on UNESCO and UNICEF to raise awareness of the plight of millions of children living in countries affected by conflict.
➢ The resolution proclaiming the Day was presented by the State of Qatar and co-sponsored by 62 countries.
3. The World Suicide Prevention Day is observed every year on which date ______ 10 September.
➢ The purpose of this day is to raise awareness around the globe that suicide can be prevented.
➢ The theme for the 2020 World Suicide Prevention Day is ‘Working Together to Prevent Suicide’.
4. On which date Hindi Diwas is celebrated to mark the popularity of Hindi as an official language of India ______ 14th September.
➢ The Constituent Assembly of India had, in 1949, recognised and adopted Hindi — an Indo-Aryan language written in the Devanagari script — as the official language of the newly-formed nation.
➢ Hindi is one of the two official languages of the Union government — the other being English.
➢ It is one of the 22 scheduled languages of the Republic of India.
1. Which association appointed Vinkesh Gulati as its 35th President for the year 2020-22 ______ Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations.
➢ Gulati is the Director of United Automobiles, based out of Allahabad and Faridabad.
➢ United Automobiles is involved in the Auto Dealership business since the year 1985 and are dealers for brands like Mahindra & Mahindra and Bajaj Auto.
2. Who has been appointed as the president of All India Tennis Association (AITA) ______ Anil Jain.
➢ He was elected unanimously to lead the administration of AITA after Praveen Mahajan's tenure as AITA President came to an end this year.
➢ Anil Dhupar was elected as the Secretary-General and Rohit Rajpal will serve as the Treasurer of AITA.
3. Who has been appointed Honorary Consul of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg in Chennai, with consular jurisdiction over Tamil Nadu and Kerala ______ S. Mahalingam.
➢ Mr. Mahalingam retired as chief financial officer and executive director of Tata Consultancy Services.
➢ Mr. Mahalingam is replacing former Honorary Consul Suhasini Maniratnam, whose mandate was terminated after five years.
4. Who has been appointed to the World Health Organisation’s independent panel for pandemic preparedness ______ Preeti Sudan.
➢ The decision by the panel’s two heads, former New Zealand Prime Minister Helen Clarke and former Liberia President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf.
➢ In a meeting of the Chairs, Helen Clarke is believed to have conveyed that Sudan’s experience as the head of the government ministry that led India’s response to the pandemic makes her much more suited for the job.
5. Who has been appointed as the new chief of National School of Drama (NSD) ______ Paresh Rawal.
➢ In a career span of over three decades, Rawal has been acknowledged with numerous awards, including the prestigious National Film Award for Best Supporting Actor in 1994.
➢ He was conferred with the Padma Shri in 2014 for his contribution to the entertainment industry
6. Which pair of cricketers has been appointed as the brand ambassadors of the fantasy sports gaming platforms, Playerzpot ______ Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Smriti Mandhana.
➢ The partnership will see the cricketers in the brand’s upcoming campaigns and promote Playerzpot through engagement activities.
➢ The duo will anchor the brand with their sports charisma and help in creating a higher brand recall amongst the key target audience.
7. Who has been appointed as the first women Chief Executive Officer of the Citigroup ______ Jane Fraser.
➢ She will be the first women CEO of Citigroup
➢ She will take over the top job in February, replacing Michael Corbat who will retire.
➢ Fraser, who has served as president and CEO of global consumer banking since 2019, will join the board of directors immediately.
8. Who has been appointed as the celebrity advocate for children’s rights campaign titled as ’For Every Child’ by UNICEF ______ Ayushmann Khurrana.
➢ He will support UNICEF towards ending violence against children, by working towards this initiative in India.
➢ After his appointed, Ayushman Khurrana joins the like of former football star David Beckham who is working on this campaign globally.