Q.1. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a $150 million loan to provide access to inclusive, resilient and sustainable housing for the urban poor in
Correct Answer is Tamil Nadu.
- The state is vital to India’s economic growth, contributing 8.54 per cent to the country’s gross domestic product.
- Economic opportunities have increased rural-urban migration in the state, which already has one of the highest urbanisation rates in India.
- With the help of $150 million loan approved by the ABD, through the Tamil Nadu Slum Clearance Board, poor housing project will aid the construction of housing units at 9 different locations.
Q.2. Which bank has launched an all-in-one Point-of-Sales (POS) swiping machine titled as ‘WisePOSGo’ for its merchant customers to process business payments.
Correct Answer is Karnataka Bank.
- It has been launched in collaboration with Mswipe Technologies Pvt Ltd
- WisePOSGo: compact, lightweight, and user-friendly device, designed keeping in view the specific cost-centric requirements of the bank’s MSME customers.
- Apart from processing payments, merchants can also make calls using the WisePOSGo swiping machine.
Q.3. Which bank has signed MoU with National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) for providing credit support to the micro, small and medium enterprise (MSME) sector.
Correct Answer is HDFC Bank.
- HDFC bank branches will extend support to the MSME projects in the areas they are located and to other important industrial sectors across the country.
- NSIC is an ISO 9001:2015 certified Government of India Enterprise under the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME).
Q.4. In bid to develop water supply infrastructure and strengthen capacities of urban local bodies for improved service delivery in which state the Government of India and Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed a $112 million loan agreement.
Correct Answer is Jharkhand.
- The project will be ADB’s first urban project in the state and help establish a model for continuous water supply combined with policy reforms for sustainable operation which can be replicated by other low-income states for providing safe drinking water to urban households as envisaged under national Jal Jeevan Mission.
- ADB is committed to achieve a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty.
Q. 5. Indian government and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) have signed a $300 million loan as additional financing to scale up improvement of rural connectivity to help boost rural economy in.
Correct Answer is Maharashtra.
- The additional financing for the ongoing Maharashtra Rural Connectivity Improvement Project will help improve an additional 1,100 rural roads and 230 bridges for a total length of 2,900 kilometers in 34 districts.
Q.6. In September 2021, the Reserve Bank of India has taken which public sector out of Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) framework (PCA) on improvement in financial and credit profile.
Correct Answer is UCO Bank.
- This decision gives the bank more freedom for lending, especially to corporations and grow the network, subject to presribed norms.
- The Kolkata-based lender was placed under PCA in May 2017 on account of high Net Net-Performing Assets (NPAs) and negative Return on Assets (RoAs).
Q.7. Which bank has launched the digital banking platform to provide all banking services under one roof.
Correct Answer is Bank of Baroda.
- Bank of Baroda has launched its digital banking platform named ‘bob World’ to provide all banking services under one roof.
- Pilot test of this platform began on August 23, 2021.
- It will converge more than 220 services with an all-inclusive and seamless virtual banking experience, encompassing all digital banking services under one roof for the convenience of customers.
Q.8. How many merchant bankers have been appointed by the Government of India for managing Initial Public Offering (IPO) of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC), which is likely to be launched in January-March quarter 2022.
Correct Answer is 10.
- Role of merchant bankers in the case of IPO is of Issue management, Promotional activities, Credit syndication, Project counselling, and Portfolio management, etc.
- Name of these merchant bankers are Goldman Sachs (India) Securities, Citigroup Global Markets India, Nomura Financial Advisory and Securities India, SBI Capital Market, JM Financial, Axis Capital, BofA Securities, JP Morgan India, ICICI Securities, and Kotak Mahindra Capital Co Ltd.
Q.9. Central government has approved the production-linked incentive (PLI) scheme for the textiles sector worth.
Correct Answer is Rs 10,683 crore.
- This PLI scheme was approved in order to boost domestic manufacturing and exports.
- Scheme will help in creating direct additional employment of more than 7.5 lakh people and several supporting activities.
- As a part of incentives approved for textiles sector, the payout will be spread over a period of five years.
Q.10. Which became the first bank in India and Asia-Pacific to launch real-time online tracking for cross-border collections for businesses in India in partnership with SWIFT Global Payments Innovation (GPI).
Correct Answer is DBS Bank.
- DBS is the first bank in India and Asia-Pacific to offer this service to clients, which is expected to benefit close to 4000 corporate and SME clients in India, with numbers expected to grow further.
- The new DBS SWIFT gpi incoming tracking will arm corporate treasures with better cash forecasting by receiving the end-to-end tracking information, which was not possible a few years ago.
Q.11. Which payments banks has enabled India’s first FASTag based metro parking facility in partnership with the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
Correct Answer is Paytm Payments Bank Ltd.
- PPBL, the acquiring bank for the parking facility at Kashmere Gate Metro Station, will facilitate the processing of all FASTag based transactions for cars with valid FASTag stickers.
- Additionally, PPBL has also enabled a UPI based payment solution for 2 wheelers, that enters the parking facility.
- At present, the facility is available at the metro station’s gate number 6 and it offers parking space for 55 fourwheelers and 174 two-wheelers.
Q.12. The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has partnered with which payments and financial services technology provider to launch the plug-and-play RuPay credit card stack, nFiNi.
Correct Answer is Fiserv Inc.
- nFiNi: ready stack of services required for fintechs and banks to issue RuPay credit cards and will enable fintech to co-create bank-sponsored credit cards.
- It is a BaaS (banking-as-a-service) programme.
- It will power RuPay cards including National Common Mobility Card by offering access to needed services through NPCI network.
Q.1. Renowned personality Aziz Hajini passed away recently he was a veteran.
Correct Answer is Writer.
- Hajini hailed from Hajin Sonawari area of north Kashmir’s Bandipora district.
- He held several positions in academic and literary circles, including as secretary of the Jammu and Kashmir Academy of Art, Culture and Languages, and authored several books.
Q.2. Renowned personality Oscar Fernandes passed away recently, he was a veteran.
Correct Answer is Actor.
- He was the senior Congress leader and served as the Union Cabinet Minister for Transport, Road and Highways and Labour and Employment, in Manmohan Singh’s UPA government.
- He was five-time Lok Sabha MP from Udupi in Karanatka
- He also served two terms as a member of the Council of the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
Q.3. Renowned personality Rajni Kaul passed away recently, she was veteran.
Correct Answer is News Broadcaster.
- Rajni Kaul who was the first News Broadcaster for BBC Hindi passed away in Faridabad
- She was well-known for her programme Indradhanush.
- Born in Peshawar in undivided India Kaul worked with All India Radio (AIR) in New Delhi before joining the Voice of America (VOA) in Washington subsequently she moved to BBC in London.
- She was married to well-known broadcast journalist Mahendra Kaul and worked together at the VOA and the BBC.
Q.1. What is the theme of this year’s ‘Shikshak Parv 2021’ conclave being celebrated from September 5 to 17, 2021.
Correct Answer is Quality and Sustainable Schools: Learnings from Schools in India.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched key initiatives in the education sector while speaking at ‘Shikshak Parv 2021’ conclave.
- ‘Shikshak Parv 2021’ is being celebrated to honour the contribution of teachers, learning during pandemics, new initiatives under NEP 2020 among others.
- The Shiksha Parv is being celebrated by the Ministry of Education.
Q.2. World Suicide Prevention Day is observed every year on which date.
Correct Answer is 10th September.
- It was first introduced in 2003.
- Theme 2021: Creating hope through action.
- It is hosted by International Association for Suicide Prevention (IASP), World Health Organization (WHO) and World Federation for Mental Health (WFMH).
Q.3. International Day to Protect Education from Attack is observed globally on.
Correct Answer is 9th September.
- In proclaiming the International Day to Protect Education from Attack to be celebrated for the first time in 2020.
- The purpose of the day is to raise awareness regarding the importance of safeguarding schools as places of protection and safety for students and educators and the need to keep education at the top of the public agenda.
Q.4. The National Mission for Clean Ganga organized Himalayan Diwas on.
Correct Answer is 9th September.
- This year’s theme is ‘Contribution of Himalayas and our responsibilities’. The event was part of the ongoing celebration of ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’.
- Himalaya Diwas is celebrated every year on 9th September in the state of Uttarakhand. It is celebrated with the aim to conserve the Himalayan ecosystem and region.
- It was officially declared as Himalaya Day in 2015 by the then Chief Minister.
Q.5. International Day for South-South Cooperation is observed globally every year on.
Correct Answer is 12th September.
- The day celebrates the economic, social and political developments made in recent years by regions and countries in the south.
- It also highlights the UN’s efforts to work on technical cooperation among developing countries.
Q.6. World First Aid Day 2021 is observed on.
Correct Answer is 11th September (Second Saturday of September every year)
- In 2021 the day is being observed on September 11, 2021.
- The day is an annual campaign aimed at promoting the importance of first aid training and increasing its accessibility to save more lives in a crisis.
- The theme for World First Aid Day 2021 is ‘First aid and road safety’, according to the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC).
Q.7. Hindi Diwas or Hindi Day is observed every year on.
Correct Answer is 14th September.
- The language was adopted under Article 343 of the Indian Constitution.
- The first Hindi day was celebrated on 14th September 1953.
- Hindi Divas is celebrated on 14 September because, on this day in 1949, the Constituent Assembly of India had adopted Hindi written in Devanagari script as the official language of the Republic of India.
Q.1. Who has been appointed as the as the new Managing Director (MD) of Export-Import Bank of India (EXIM Bank).
Correct Answer is Harsha Bhupendra Bangari.
- Prior to this, she was posted as deputy managing director at EXIM Bank.
- She has been appointed for a period of three years or until further orders of the government.
- She will replace the incumbent MD David Rasquinha, who was holding the office of MD since July 20, 2014.
Q.2. Who has been appointed as India’s Sherpa for the G20 which is an influential grouping that brings together the world’s major economies.
Correct Answer is Piyush Goyal.
- He replaced former Union Minister Suresh Prabhu
- G20 Summit is scheduled to take place from 30th to 31st October under Italian Presidency.
- India will be holding the G20 Presidency from 1st December 2022 and will convene the G20 Leaders’ Summit in 2023 for the first time.
Q.3. Which state government has appointed former SBI chairman, Rajnish Kumar as its economic advisor.
Correct Answer is Andhra Pradesh.
- A former SBI chairman, Rajnish Kumar's tenure in the cabinet rank position is for two years.
- The appointment comes amid the growing concerns over the state's financial situation which has been badly hit by the Covid pandemic, even as the opposition has been critical over the sops and freebies being distributed by the Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy-led state government.
Q.4. V. Vaidyanathan has been appointed as the Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer (MD & CEO) of which bank.
Correct Answer is IDFC First Bank.
- His appointment is approved by RBI for a further period of three years.
- He first took charge as the MD & CEO of IDFC FIRST Bank in December 2018, after the merger of IDFC Bank and Capital First.
Q.5. Who has been appointed as new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Yahoo.
Correct Answer is Jim Lanzone.
- Currently he is the CEO of Tinder, Lanzone will succeed Guru Gowrappan, who has been named Senior Advisor to Apollo’s private equity business.
- The move comes around four months after Verizon had announced that it would sell Yahoo to Apollo Management Group for $5 billion.
- Apollo completed the acquisition of Yahoo, formerly Verizon Media on September 1.
Q.6. Billionaire Aziz Akhannouch was appointed as the new Prime Minister of which country.
Correct Answer is Morocco.
- King Mohammed VI has appointed the businessman “head of the government and tasked him with forming a new government.
- Akhannouch is the leader of the liberal National Rally of Moroccan Independents (RNI) party which won 102 of parliament’s 395 seats.
- He previously served as Morocco's minister of Agriculture from 2007 to 2021 and is the CEO of Akwa Group.
Q.7. Who has been appointed as the new Acting Chairperson of National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) with effect from September 11, 2021.
Correct Answer is Justice M. Venugopal.
- He is a former judge of the High Court of Madras and was appointed as a Judicial Member of the NCLAT on October 23, 2019
- This is the third time in a row that an Acting Chairperson is at the helm of the NCLAT, after the retirement of permanent Chairperson Justice S, J .Mukhopadhaya in 2020
- NCLAT is a tribunal established under Section 410 of the Companies Act, 2013.
Q.8. Who has been sworn in as the new Chief Minister of Gujarat.
Correct Answer is Bhupendra Patel.
- He is the first-time sitting MLA who has been named for the post of Chief Minister.
- He is a BJP MLA from Ghatlodiya assembly constituency.
- The move was taken after the resignation of Vijay Rupani from the post of CM.
- He has served as the President of Memnagar Municipality in Ahmedabad and standing committee chairman of AMC.
Q.9. Who has been appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer of Ujjivan Small Finance Bank (USFB).
Correct Answer is Sanjeev Barnwal.
- Prior to him, Carol Furtado was serving as the interim Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Ujjivan Small Finance Bank, after the outgoing CEO Nitin Chugh resigned last month citing personal reasons.
- USFB was originally incorporated as Ujjivan Financial Services Pvt Ltd on December 28 2004.
Q.10. Who has been elected as the Chairman of Asian Organisation of Supreme Audit Institutions (ASOSAI) for the period from 2024 to 2027.
Correct Answer is G C Murmu.
- India will host 16th Assembly of ASOSAI in 2024.
- India will focus on the areas of environmental audit and leveraging emerging technologies for audit.
- ASOSAI is one of the Regional Groups of International Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (INTOSAI).
- ASOSAI was established in 1979.
Q.11. Who has been appointed as the Chairman of National Commission for Minorities (NCM).
Correct Answer is Iqbal Singh Lalpura.
- He replaced Ghayorul Hasan.
- Prior to this, he was serving as the national spokesperson of Bharatiya Janata Party from Punjab.
- NCM was set up under National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992.
- NCM shall consist of Chairperson, Vice Chairperson and Five Members to be nominated by the Central Government.
Q.12. Who has been appointed as the governor of Tamil Nadu by President Ram Nath Kovind.
Correct Answer is R. N. Ravi.
- Earlier he was governor of Nagaland.
- Jagdish Mukhi, at present governor of Assam, has been appointed to discharge the functions of the governor of Nagaland in addition to his charge till a fresh appointment is made.
Q.13. Who has been appointed as the governor of Uttarakhand.
Correct Answer is Lt. Gen. Gurmit Singh.
- Lieutenant General Gurmit Singh is retired as the deputy chief of Army.
- A graduate from the Defence Services Staff Course and National Defence College, Lt Gen Singh has done two M.Phils from Chennai and Indore universities besides being a research scholar on India-China Boundary Issue in the Institute of Chinese Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, during his study leave from the Indian Army.
Q.14. Banwarilal Purohit has been appointed as the new governor of which state.
Correct Answer is Punjab.
- He served as a governor of Tamil Nadu for almost four years.
- He is one of the highly visible and controversial Governors.
- In October 2017, Banwarilal Purohit was appointed the 14th Governor of Tamil Nadu when the state was reeling under a political crisis following J Jayalalithaa’s death.