A. Answer the following questions.
1. What did the child find on the sand?
2. Who did the child take the shell to?
3. Where did the sound of the song come from?
4. How was the sound of the song that came from the shell?
5. What was the shape of the shell?
B. Fill in the blanks with words from the poem.
1. The child took the shell _________.
2. The shell felt _________ inside the child’s hand.
3. The child was _________ to listen to the sound from the shell.
4. The child was _________ when he listened hard.
5. _________ looked at the shell and held it to the child’s ear.
C. Sharing time!
1. Do you think the child really heard a song? Have you ever held a shell near your ear? How was the experience?
2. A conch or a shankh is a large shell kept in many Indian homes. Have you heard it being played? Where and when was it played?