A. Answer the following questions.
1. Write two things that the camel can do and the lion cannot do.
2. What kind of plants are found in a desert?
3. How much water camel can drink at a time?
4. Where does the camel store the food?
5. Did the lion agree that the camel is truly the ship of the desert?
B. Fill in the blanks with words from the story.
1. A camel can run on sand at ________.
2. Both the feet of camel and lion are ________.
3. A lion can run ________ in the forest.
4. The thorns in the bushes do not prick the camel’s thick ________.
5. Camels can store water for a ________ and food for a ________.
C. Think, discuss and answer the question given below.
1. What do people do to adapt to winter weather?
2. Tell the students that animals must also adapt to their habitat,
(a) For example, a deer can camouflage, or blend in, with its brown forest surroundings. (b) A duck has webbed feet to help it swim in the water.