1. The story is named as ‘The Giving Tree’ because the tree loved the boy and always gave him whatever he needed without any hesitation.
2. The three things that tree gave the little boy are apples, its trunk to climb and its branches to swing.
3. When the boy became a young man the tree gave him it’s trunk to make a boat.
4. (a)‘I am too big to climb and play. I want to buy things and have fun. I want some money. Can you give me some money?’ - the boy said these lines to the tree.
(b) from the following lines we can conclude that the speaker is now young and wants to earn money and have fun and live his life.
1. The story is told in the form of a conversation
2. The tree gave the boy sweet apples.
3. The tree gave apples to the young man so that he may sell them.
4. The boy cut off the tree’s branches to make a house.
5. An old man is good for sitting and resting on.
The story tells us about a tree who keeps giving to others. There are people like this tree. In the society where i live there is an old man who is very kind, sweet and generous. He sometimes plays with kids and is never rude to anyone. He has a big house with a large garden. There are many trees in the garden. He distributes the fruits to the poor and even to the kids of the society. We all love talking to him.