Question 1: Fill in the blanks using correct word from the box:
Wind, space, light, air, plants, weight, feel
- We can _____ air but not see it.
- _____ all around us.
- Air takes up _____.
- Moving air is called _____.
- We need air to _____ a fire.
- Animals and _____ need air to live.
- Air has _____ .
Question 2: Write T for true and 'F' for false statements:
- Air is not present inside a room.
- All animals need air to breathe.
- Air helps ships to sail.
- We do not need air to fly a kite.
- To burn anything, we need air.
- Plants and animals will die without air.
Question 3: Choose the correct answers:
- Which of the following moves with the help of air?
(i) A Boy
(ii) A Dog
(iii) A Boat
(iv) A Bat
- Which of the following does not breathe in air?
(ii) Rose plant
(iii) Toy aeroplane
- Burning of paper needs:
- You can find air in a:
- Moving air is called:
- Which of the following does not need air?
(ii) Swimming tube
(iv) Reading a book
Question 4: Compete this picture:
Question 5: Answer the following questions:
- What is wind?
- Name any two uses of air.
- Why is a burning candle put out when you cover it with a glass jar?
- Can you see air?
- Why does a balloon become large in size when we blow air inside it?
- How does fish breathe in water?
Question 6: Few pictures are given below. Tick the ones which need air to work:
Question 7: Complete the puzzle given below:
1. Air moves the wind mill
2. Air occupies
3. All living things need air to
4. Air has