|1 Crore+ students have signed up on EduRev. Have you?|
Question 1: Tick (✓) the correct choice.
(i) This is not true about air.
(a) We can see air all around us.
(b) All living things need air to breathe.
(c) Air takes up space.
Correct Answer is Option A.
It is present everywhere around us. Air has no colour and one can see through it. It is transparent. Our earth is surrounded by a thin layer of air.
(ii) Strong and fast moving air is called a
Correct Answer is Option D.
Storm : Fast and strong moving wind is called storm
(iii) The movement of different objects along with the air tells us that
(a) air takes up space
(b) air is all around us
(c) air always blows in a certain direction
Correct Answer is Option C.
The movement of different objects along with the air tells us that air always blows in a certain direction.
Question 2: Fill in the blanks.
- Smoke from vehicles pollutes the air.
- When we blow up a balloon, we are filling air into it.
- Wind: Moving air is called wind.
Question 3: Write T for true statements and F for the false ones.
- Breeze: Slow and gentle moving wind is called breeze.
- Birds can fly only due to the presence of air. They fly by pushing the air downwards and backwards with their wings.
- It is present everywhere around us. Air has no colour and one can see through it. It is transparent. Our earth is surrounded by a thin layer of air.
Question 4: Match the following.
Question 5: Answer the following questions.
(a) Name any three things that make the air impure.
Human air pollution is caused by things such as factories, power plants, cars, airplanes, chemicals, fumes etc.
(b) What is a storm?
Storm: a violent weather with strong winds
Example sentence: The storm took away the umbrella I was carrying.