|1 Crore+ students have signed up on EduRev. Have you?|
Question 1: These give shape to our body.
Correct Answer is Option B
The skeletal system works as a support structure for your body.
Question 2: These are the places where the bones are joined together.
Correct Answer is Option A
The place where two or more bones come together is called a joint.
Question 3: These are the soft parts of our body.
Correct Answer is Option C
Soft tissues include muscles, nerves, tendons, fat, blood vessels, and deep skin tissues. They hold our bodies together.
Question 4: Fill in the blanks.
- The skeletal system works as a support structure for your body.
- Bones shape our body and help us to stand up straight. Muscles are attached to bones; they help us walk and run and smile.
- We cannot bend our body at every body part. The body can be bent only at the joints.
Question 5: Write T for true statements and F for the false ones.
- The heart is a hard-working muscle, and its job is to pump blood throughout life.
- Bones don't work alone — they need help from the muscles and joints. Muscles pull on the joints, allowing us to move. They also help the body perform other functions so we can grow and remain strong, such as chewing food and then moving it through the digestive system.
- Hinge joints, such as in the fingers, knees, elbows, and toes, allow only bending and straightening movements.
Question 6: Match the following.
Your spine, or backbone, is your body's central support structure. It connects different parts of your musculoskeletal system.
The rib cage helps protect the organs in the chest, such as the heart and lungs, from damage.
The main function of the bones of the skull is to provide protection to the brain and structure.
The heart is a hard-working muscle, and its job is to pump blood throughout life.
The skin covers the bones and muscles.
Answer the following questions.
Question 7: Name two places where muscles are found.
Muscle tissue is found inside of the heart, digestive organs, and blood vessels.
Question 8: Name two muscles of our body which work throughout our life.
Cardiac, smooth and skeletal. Cardiac muscle makes up the wall of the heart and is responsible for the forceful contraction of the heart. Smooth muscles make up the walls of the intestine, the uterus, blood vessels, and internal muscles of the eye.
Question 9: How many bones are there in our body?
Bones provide the structure for our bodies. The adult human skeleton is made up of 206 bones.