|1 Crore+ students have signed up on EduRev. Have you?|
Question 1: Tick (✓) the correct choice.
(i) We should cross the road
(a) using the zebra crossing
(b) using a subway
(c) both of these
Correct Answer is Option C.
The first and foremost reason why you should be careful while crossing roads is to prevent collisions with any vehicle.
(ii) We must wear this while riding a bike.
Correct Answer is Option B.
Wearing a helmet that fits well every time you're on a bike helps protect your face, head, and brain if you fall down. That's why it's so important to wear your bike helmet whenever you are on a bike.
(iii) We should not play with electric wires and plugs as we may get a
Correct Answer is Option A.
Electricity has the power to cause burns, shocks and even death. Appliances and power cords can be dangerous.
Question 2: Fill in the blanks.
- Always walk on the footpath, they are meant for you. Where there is no footpath, walk in the right side margin of the road so that you can see the traffic coming in the opposite direction.
- Playing on the road is very dangerous for kids as it can lead to loss of life or major injuries.
- A person should wait for the vehicle to stop and then get off or on the vehicle.
Question 3: Write T for true statements and F for the false ones.
- We can trip over our toys if we leave them on the floor. That is why we should keep them in their respective places after playing.
- It is not safe to climb up and then jump from high surfaces, one may fall and get injured.
- We should not take out our arms or head from inside a moving vehicle as it may cause injury to us.
Question 4: Match the following.
Question 5: Answer the following questions.
(a) When should we cross the road—when the traffic light is green or red?
We should cross the road when the traffic light is red because all the vehicles are standing and not moving when the light is red.
(b) What should you do if you see someone is hurt?
We should give them first aid and help them when someone is hurt.
(c) What should we do to avoid accidents?
To avoid accidents we should obey the traffic rules.