Very short answer questions
I. Choose the correct answer to fill in the blanks.
4. Petrol pump
5. Petrol, diesel
11. Big machines
II. Tick ✔ the correct answer.
What is the advantage of using CNG over petrol?
ii) It gives out less smoke.
III. 1 mark questions. (Short answer questions)
1. Adalaj step well is located in Baoli.
2. Due to smoke coming from vehicles.
3. From petrol pump.
4. Petroleum is pumped from ground with the help of machine
5. Damp wood
6. The states having oil fields in india are andhra pradesh, mizoram, orissa, tamil nadu, rajasthan, arunachal pradesh.
7. Besides oil, minerals like iron, copper, bauxite, gold etc. deep are found inside the earth.
IV. 2 mark questions. (Long answer questions)
1. the cow dung cakes,wood,dry twigs are easily available fuel resources in the rural environment of our country. That's why the majority of people in the rural area as well as in our country uses these materials as fuel resources.
2. LPG: Liquified petroleum gas
3. CNG: Compressed natural gas
4. Compressed natural gas is preferred as it is a very clean-burning fuel as in reality it is the cleanest of all fossil fuels. CNG usage is non-toxic to water levels also and does not contaminate the groundwater table also.
Well-known petroleum products include:
Gasoline and Diesel fuel, Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG), Other fuels, such as fuel oil and Kerosene, Asphalt (a special form of concrete), Paraffin wax, Tar and Plastics.
5. Main uses of petroleum are as follows:
Transportation, Industrial power, Heating and lighting, Lubricants, Petro-chemical industry, Use of by-products.
6. Following measures could be taken to save oil:
(i) In place of using personal vehicles, we should use public transport system like buses, trains or metro trains etc.
(ii) We should prefer walking on foot or by bicycle.
(iii) We should keep our vehicles switched off on red lights.
(iv) We should utilize solar energy for different purposes.
7. If number of vehicles will keep on increasing then the air pollution, water pollution and sound pollution will increase. The liberation of harmful gasses will ultimately increase.
8. Petroleum is a mixture of many substances such as gas, petrol, diesel, kerosene, lubricating oil, paraffin wax, etc. As these constituents serve different purposes, it is important to separate them, or in other words, refine the crude oil. This process of separation of various constituents of petroleum is called petroleum refining.
9. (i) 16 Rs, (ii) 7 Rs, (iii) 20 Rs, (iv) 25 Rs
10. (i) 84, (ii) 5, (iii) electricity, (iv) 8