1. The poem is titled as ‘The naughty boy’ because the boy about whom the poet is talking is naughty.
2. The naughty boy ran away to Scotland.
3. Yard means an open area adjacent to any building.
4. The four score is Eighty.
5. The boy wonders about the hard ground and long yards of Scotland. He was also amazed to see the red cherries and heavy lead.
1. The naughty boy found that the ground was soft. FALSE
2. The boy found that the songs in Scotland were as merry as in England. TRUE
3. There was a difference in the weight of the cherries. TRUE
4. He found that the cherries in Scotland were as red as in England. TRUE
5. The door wasn’t as wooden as in England. FALSE
One imaginative thing I wish to do is to go in the clouds and talk with the birds. I want to see the rainbow and slide on it and talk to it. I want to sail on the clouds and sleep there and have dreams. I want to look at the stars and count them and swing on the shining stars.