Question 1: Fill in the blanks
- Hilly regions to the east and west of the Southern Plateau are called _________
- Chambal has a ____________flow.
- River ____________________ divides the Plateau region into two parts.
- _____________________ Lands are also called Table Lands.
- Rivers ________________ and __________________ join the Arabian Sea.
Question 2: Match the following
Question 3: Answer the following questions briefly
- What is the most common source of irrigation in the Plateau region?
- Which rivers drops down the hills to form the famous Jog Falls?
- Why do rivers in the Plateau region go dry in summers while the rivers in the northern plains do not?
Question 4: Write true/false for the following statements
- The Central Highlands include the Malwa Plateau and the Chotanagpur Plateau. __________
- Most of the India’s coal is mined from the Damodar valley. __________
- Kanyakumari marks the southernmost tip of the southern plateau region. ______
- The Plateau is not at all important for Indian economy. ___________
- The rivers in the Plateau region are rain fed rivers. ________
Question 5: From the map of the Southern- Plateau
- Name the state(s) through which the river Godavari runs. _____________, _____________
- Mark the Malwa Plateau and the Chotanagpur Plateau on the map.
- Name the rivers which flow from East to West and fall in the Arabian Sea. _____________, _____________.
- Chambal, Betwa, Ken and Son are the tributaries of river _____________
- Name the rivers which flow from West to East and fall in the Bay of Bengal. _____________, _____________, _____________, _____________