|Table of contents
|Key Pointers by Toppers
|Importance of English Language
|Step 1: Understand the Syllabus
|Step 2: Understand the basics of Grammar
|STEP 3: Develop a practice of reading
|Step 4: Practice different kinds of Questions.
|STEP 5: Practice RC’s
|Step 6: Solve a lot of Mock Tests
The growth of e-commerce and widespread usage of the Internet have made English the default language of the banking world.
Therefore, it is crucial that a person has a firm grasp of this language. EduRev focuses on making sure you receive the necessary help to accomplish so.
Due to the development of e-commerce and daily use of the Internet, the English language has become a basic communication language in the banking sector. Also, to operate effectively and communicate between banks of different countries, one needs to have great command over it.
Therefore it signifies how important English as a language is in the banking sector.
1. In banking and other competitive tests, the English language is crucial. This is a crucial area where the committees in charge of the exam evaluate your potential for uniqueness from the competition
2. In the future, there is a good probability that your profession may require frequent meetings and contacts with foreigners who are fluent in English.
3. Your understanding of English is tested through objective-type questions on grammar, sentence construction, vocabulary, idioms, phrases, antonyms, synonyms, and comprehension passages.
4. The purpose of the English Language paper is to evaluate the candidates' language proficiency. It assesses the individual's intellectual capacity, fluency of thought, presence of mind, and judgment.
5. The weightage of the English language section is 30 Marks in prelims and 40 in mains exam.
As of now, you might be able to understand the importance of the English language holds. Therefore to make it easier for you to acquire proficiency in this section, EduRev has provided you with a step-by-step guide on how to approach this section.
Follow the steps given below:
Do not start with editorial straight away. Start your reading with something basic. Do not read something which requires effort initially.
Read something which captures your interest because that way you will be able to develop your reading habit in no time.
After you develop your interest in reading, shift to newspapers. The content in newspapers will be of the same level as exams.
Make it a practice to read one English newspaper or article every day to improve your vocabulary and understanding.
As mentioned in the above syllabus, there are different types of topics on which questions are framed in the exam. It is important that one has in-depth knowledge and thorough practice of these topics.
All these topics can only be aced when you have strong basic knowledge of grammar and strong reading skills.
Reading comprehension holds key importance in the English language section. It comes in all levels of exams whether it's Prelims or mains.
Doing RC is a skill that most aspirants don’t possess. If you are able to acquire that skill, it will also help you in the passages and cloze tests.
This also helps in the critical reasoning question in the mains level exam.
1. An aspirant needs to pratice two types of RC’s
2. The inference-based RC are very important. The following types of questions are asked in such RCs
3. The RC skill can only be achieved after you have done practice and full analysis of such questions.
4. An aspirant should attempt 5-6 RCs daily and analyze them thoroughly.
Check out the sectional strategies here:
Syllabus of Quantitative ability and strategy
Syllabus of Reasoning and strategy
Syllabus of Computer awareness and strategy
Syllabus of Banking Awareness/ General knowledge and strategy
|1. Why is it important to have a good command of the English language for banking exams?
|2. What is the first step in preparing for the English language section of banking exams?
|3. How can reading practice help in improving English language skills for banking exams?
|4. Why is solving mock tests important for the English language section of banking exams?
|5. What role does grammar play in the English language section of banking exams?