Which of the following are the winter crops grown in India?
Select the correct answer code:
The crops that are sown in the winter season are called Rabi crops. (also known as the “winter crop”) in India. The Rabi means, when the crop is harvested. Crops that are grown in the winter season, from November to April are called Rabi Crops. Some of the important rabi crops are wheat, barley, peas, gram and mustard.
Consider the following statements regarding Competition Commission of India (CCI).
1. It is a non-statutory body of the Government of India.
2. It is responsible for promoting competition throughout India and to prevent activities that have an appreciable adverse effect on competition in India.
3. It has the power to carry out investigations if any e-commerce company use their dominant position to stifle competition.
4. It promotes the policy of predatory pricing.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
Competition Commission of India is the competition regulator in India. It is a statutory body of the Government of India responsible for enforcing The Competition Act, 2002 and promoting competition throughout India and to prevent activities that have an appreciable adverse effect on competition in India.
In January 2020, it launched an investigation into Amazon and Flipkart for abusing their dominant positions and carrying out acquisitions with the aim to stifle competition and for using predatory pricing tactics.
SVAMITVA scheme, sometimes seen in news is related to
SVAMITVA (Survey of villages and mapping with improvised technology in village areas) scheme is a new initiative of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj.
The aim to update rural land records, providing record of rights to village households and issue property cards. SVAMITVA will be implemented across the country in a phased manned over the next four years, covering around 6.62 lakh villages.
The scheme focuses on mapping rural-inhabited lands using drones as land records are inaccurate or do not exist for vast areas across India.
Which player has been honored with the 2021 “Laureus Sportsman of the Year” Award?
World number two Rafael Nadal of Spain won the 2021 “Laureus Sportsman of the Year” title. This is the second title for Nadal, who also claimed the prestigious award in 2011.
Rajya Sabha MP Raghunath Mohapatra, who has passed away recently, was a __________ by profession
Eminent sculptor, architect, and Rajya Sabha member Raghunath Mohapatra has passed away while undergoing treatment for COVID-19. He was 78.
Who has been sworn in as the new Chief Minister of Assam to replace Sarbananda Sonowal?
Himanta Biswa Sarma has been named as the new Chief Minister of Assam on May 08, 2021.He will replace incumbent Sarbananda Sonowal. Sarma will take the charge of the office with effect from May 10, 2021.
Which player has clinched the 2021 Madrid Open women’s single title?
In tennis, the world number seven, Aryna Sabalenka of Belarus, defeated world number one Ashleigh Barty of Australia to win the 2021 Madrid Open women’s single title on May 08, 2021.
Consider the following statements regarding Post Devolution Revenue Deficit (PDRD) grant:
1. The Centre provides this grant to the States under Article 275 of the Constitution.
2. The grants paid out of the Consolidated Fund of India.
3. The grant under Article 275 is used for raising the level of administration of the Scheduled Areas.
Which of the statements given above are correct?
With reference to Rabindranath Tagore, consider the following statements:
1. He established the Vishwa-Bharati University in 1921 to challenge conventional education.
2. He was the first non-European to receive the Nobel Prize.
3. He was awarded a knighthood by the British King George V in 1919 after the Jallianwalla Bagh massacre.
Which of the statements given above correct?
Which of the following statements is not correct regarding the Arctic Region?